vpn to vpn connection question

Hello:  I've been asked to look into a vpn to vpn connection with a third
party vpn server connection to our bm38sp2 vpn.  Last week I had asked if
this was possible and the answer was  yes (but).

Currently I have our vpn up and running to allow me secure access from home
for remote management.  The vpn is setup as the master vpn server.

Now, if I try to connect to a third party vpn, will our server be a client
in this case (I assume so)?  If so, how does this impact our current setup
as a master server?

Thanks in advance, Chris.

PS.  Others have suggested (strongly) to simply buy a cheap vpn "box" that
the ohter end of the vpn knows they support.   If I were to go this route,
how do I install this into our existing wan structure?  We access the
internet through a single T1 connection of off the public NIC on the bm38
server.  Assuming we but this "box" how does it fit in?
0
cmosentine

In article <jPFYc.1131$ML2.233@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>,  wrote:
> Now, if I try to connect to a third party vpn, will our server be a client
> in this case (I assume so)?

No.

You will add the 3rd party VPN router as another Site-Site router.  (I have
an example using a Linksys VPN router in my BMgr 3.x book - see the URL
below).

Be aware that currently there is a bug that does not allow more than one
3rd-party VPN link to connect.  I don't know when a fix may be coming, or if
there is a workaround, but I haven't found one yet.  The 2nd (and any
additional) 3rd party VPN links I set up all get policy mismatch errors.
First one works fine.  Second one works fine if I delete the first one...

> PS.  Others have suggested (strongly) to simply buy a cheap vpn "box" that
> the ohter end of the vpn knows they support.   If I were to go this route,
> how do I install this into our existing wan structure?  We access the
> internet through a single T1 connection of off the public NIC on the bm38
> server.  Assuming we but this "box" how does it fit in?

I guess someone would want you to put it in parallel with the BMgr server.
You can do that IF you have enough public IP addresses and IF you know the
IP addressing of the remote subnet.  Then you could put in a static route on
the BMgr server to send packets for the remote subnet over to the 3rd-party
VPN box.

In any case, each external subnet will need to have a different private IP
subnet for your VPN links to function, so that they get traffic routed back
to them.  You can't have more than one remote site set up with a 192.168.1.x
subnet, or one will start conflicting with the other.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig

Connecting to SSL VPN through a PPTP VPN
Hi This may seem a weird question... I'm on a Mac (OS X 10.4.8), and when at Uni, I connect to their wireless network using a VPN (PPTP). When connected, the network only allows network access through a proxy on port 8080. Hence, I cannot check email or connect to IM services and so on. I have a SSL VPN account setup with HotSpotVPN2 [1], so I figured I could connect to the Uni VPN, then connect to the HotSpotVPN. But, when I tried HotSpotVPN would never connect. [1] <http://www.hotspotvpn.com> Is it possible for me to do this? What am I doing wrong? ...

Error connecting to VPN through VPN Client
Hi, I am running NW6.5 with BM3.8 and everytime I type in my server ip and the other options to login to the server through vpn with NMAS i get the error, "failed to connect to the authentication gateway either 19*.***.***.*** is an invalid server address or the authentication gateway is not loaded on the server" What is the usual cause of this? > Hi, > > I am running NW6.5 with BM3.8 and everytime I type in my server ip and the > other options to login to the server through vpn with NMAS i get the error, > > "failed to connect to the a...

Small VPN appliance to connect to BM VPN
--____VQHYVYNDJJYFRGAXQVCU____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 30 Mar 2007 18:09:36 -0400" Can anybody recommend a small (inexpensive) router that could easily = create a VPN from it to a BM 3.8 server? We have a remote location = (warehouse) that will have 2 computers. I was going to set up the = workstations to connect to a Terminal server in the main office to run the = applications they require. The problem I am attempting to deal with is = that the use...

How to setup my VPN to allow printing while connected to the VPN
Hello there, I am new to Border Manager and have a Bordermanager VPN at my office. I have remote sites that need to be able to print while connected to the VPN, however they cannot. Could anyone offer advice on what I need to do to get this working? Phil In article <tOutc.181$uj7.83@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > Hello there, I am new to Border Manager and have a Bordermanager VPN at > my office. I have remote sites that need to be able to print while > connected to the VPN, however they cannot. Could anyone offer advice on > what I need to do to ge...

Cisco VPN or BM VPN open question..
Hi People, I have a customer, they have a small Netware deployment (100 Users), and like the Novell Technologies. They are now looking to provide their own internet access (currently hosted) Therefore they are going to need a Proxy server and a VPN server. Cisco salesman has been in and told them the best option is to use a Cisco VPN (I guess this only does VPN and not Proxy but I am not sure of the Details.) Was just wondering if anyone had any views, whether to use CISCO vpn or BM. So far I can think of... 1) I think that BM will be cheaper? 2) They have a Netwar...

Unable to complete a vpn connection with Juniper VPN
Name: Gary Levin Email: levingatinsightbbdotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Unable to complete a vpn connection with Juniper VPN Comments: Using Juniper VPN software, the production Firefox works just fine. The 3.5 preview does not. It appears to load, java starts and it allows the login information to be entered. The session is not able to complete. It appears to start but hangs somewhere and never returns the Session page. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b99) Gecko/20090605 Firefox/3.5b99 From URL: http://hendri...

Bordermanager vpn vs Cisco router vpn etc
I have a small client with a Novell 5.x server with about 35 clients, many of which are needing some sort of vpn access. Trying to figure out if it is easier to setup border manager for vpn access on the server or simply get a router that will provide vpn access. Which would be easier or more cost effective in this scenario over a dsl connection. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks Paul I guess it depends a lot on cost. Do you already have BMgr? (A copy that includes client-site VPN?) If so, just install that and configure it. As for using ...

Connect VPN client thru BM to another VPN
i, I have a problem connecting a client inside my network (10.x.x.x) using a CISCO VPN CLIENT. My firewall is a Bordermanager 3.6 SP2a server using NAT and I want to connect to other VPN server. How I have to configure the BM serfver to connect internal client to access others VPN server ????? Thanks in advance Jose hi Jose, let me understand. Are you trying to connect with a Cisco VPN client to a CIsco VPN server or to a BM VPN server? -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

VPN Client jumps back to VPN tab when trying to connect
I've got a BM3.8Sp2 server (running on NW6.5SP2) set-up with client to site VPN. A while ago it was working fine. I've now tried to use it in anger, and whenever I click the connet button in the VPN client, the client thinks for a second or so, and then jumps back to the VPN tab. WHere do I start if troubleshooting or fixing this ? Thanks GTG Gordon, I wonder if something got removed or corrupted in the client. I'd try to uninstall/reinstall the client component... -- Caterina Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Caterina Luppi wrote: > Gordo...

legacy vpn + new vpn
Hi, I am running a bordermanager nw6 3.7 server configured as a master vpn server. The slave is also a nw6 3.7 server and is in another country. Now we need to put another slave to this vpn, however w'd like to do that with bordermanager 3.8. The question is if we update this server from 3.7 to 3.8, will the legacy vpn run without a problem, while 3.7 on the other side is running. (I think this will be no problem, correct me if I am wrong) On the other hand I want to configure a new master vpn on the same server by use of imanager. The other slave will be the new company. I...

C2S vpn, no access to local network when VPN connection made
Situation: A customer is making a connection from his workstation, connected to his lan, via the VPN client to our network. As soon as the connection is made he can no longer access his network resources. Even a ping to local resources is not possible. is there a way to confige C2S VPN to let this work? i know it's possible with CISCO vpn... BM38 sp4, vpn client 3.8.9 grtnx jeroen You need to configure the traffic rules such that only the internal network is encrypted, and all others are not (bypass rule). Two rules. (I have an example of this in my BMgr 3.x book at t...

VPN
Where might I find/configure a log of who connects to our VPN, whether or not they login to Netware once connected, etc. The login to Netware portion is relatively unimportant, but I would like to track basic information like remote IP, username, connect time, disconnect time, etc. Netware 6.5, BorderManager 3.8/SP4/IR3. Client is 3.8.11 for all remote users. We currently have two working VPNs - different servers, different OU's. TIA. -S- I don't know if this has changed in later versions of BM but this is how I monitor activity in BM 3.7. Open NWADM...

Bordermanager 3.8 VPN connection but no connection
Hi all, I am testing BM 3.8 VPN and am connecting via NMAS, connecting goes without problems and when I am connected I can ping the inside server ip, the vpn tunnel address and the ip-address that has been supplied by BM. But I cannot connect to any of the services running on my server or login.... <<But I cannot connect to any of the services running on my server or <<login.... What do you mean by that? any example and error message? 1. Which ip address pool is using the vpn client? 2. Which is your internal ip address of the host you are try...

VPN connection question
We have a BM server up and running behind a Netopia R5300 router. Because of speed issues that could not be corrected we have our 3-4 home users connecting to the BM server and then using PCAnywhere. Considering I run the entire office this setup has been good because there's little maintenance and any software related problems can be solved on the host machine rather then trying to walk a user through stuff over the telephone. Everything has been running fine up until last week. The user was using a cable modem to get to the internet and connect to our office. Last week 2 of ...

lost ability to set up a vpn-connection!`?
Hi there, I guess I messed up working in my registry (windows2000) and now look at the picture I attached to this post!?!?!?!?! Damn, how can I fix that?? hi Tobias, attachments aren't allowed, therefore it didn't make it rhough. If you put the picture in a web site or you describe the problem, we might help you... -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

One VPN client cannot connect: message: IKE is not loaded on the VPN server
While connecting a VPN client I can see that it is trying to connect. After a while the client reports: VPN login: An error was reported by the IKE application Either xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is an invalid VPN server address or the IKE is not loaded on the VPN server. For more details please look at IKE log. Other clients are working fine so it's not a server problem. When I look at the Bordermanager activity log I can see the following: 08/10/2007 03:11:56 PM AUTH Gateway Connection closed for the VPN client at address 80.126.177.252. 08/10/2007 03:11:56 PM AUTH Gateway VPN cli...

VPN
I have BM 3.7, I can authenticate, but can't log in to Netware "Tree or server can't be found". Thank you Craig If you add an entry for the server to your local HOSTS file, does it work? -- Lance Reynolds, CNE I can use VPN fine when I connect to BM from the same subnet(I have a switch on the public side with a test box), however when I try from dialin or on broadband/ADSL from another subnet I get tree or server can not be found. At the moment we are only using BM for VPN. Thank you Cheers Craig Craig, Ok, but the pro...

vpn
hi i setup my vpn connection i setup it on desktop pc and connected successfully i setup it on laptop(dell inspiron 1520) as like as my desktop and connected but i didn't have any receive what can i do? -- morteza13581358 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I am not entirely sure what you are trying to get at. What kind of VPN did you try to set up? Is this Vpn on your local computer or in a remote location? -- ghostwind ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ghostwind's Profi...

VPN
We are currently using a Cisco VPN 5001 concentrator authenticating to a Cisco Secure Radius Server. I do not manage this hardware/software. I authenticate just fine to the organization itself but as in any organization, the organization spans multiple subnets, networks, etc. The dilemma I am having is logging into my server once I get authenticated. I have a Novell client installed but I cannot login to the server because it does not find it -- here I'm listing the server name, server tree and context. I've also tried mapping drives to the server by IP addres...

VPN
I am using a Sonicwall for VPN connectivity. We are using NetWare 6.5. Can someone please point me to a TID that will explain all the necessary things I need to do to get my remote client to connect to the NetWare servers. Border Manager is NOT being used at all in this environment. thanks On 5/17/2005 dlorenzen@vtg.biz wrote: > I am using a Sonicwall for VPN connectivity. We are using NetWare 6.5. > Can someone please point me to a TID that will explain all the necessary > things I need to do to get my remote client to connect to the NetWare > servers...

VPN
I am about to install VPN services with BorderManager 3.8 and have been reading some of the documentation. Can someone please explain to me the concept of tunneling and it's implementation with BM as this seems to be one of steps to setting up VPN. Any help is appreciated, as this concept is very new to me. Cheers, hi, tunneling is a process for which IP packets are encapsulated within some other protocol at one end of the VPN (like a wrapping that hides a gift, so the recipient cannot tell what's inside), transmitted over the internet to the other end of the VP...

vpn
pcanywhere?!?!?! what kind of encryption does that do? not much AFAIK best to use something that encrypts the traffic I have an SME server (e-smith.org Linux) on my cable modem that is my firewall, webserver, email server, router, NAT, etc.... Been using for years, no problems, very secure. The SME has pptp VPN (128bit) built in. works like a charm, (not as secure as 3DES) I routinely nmap my home server and my work server running checkpoint and my home server gets a higher difficulty rating, much higher, FWIW. you could then use pcanywhere thru the tunnel, this is how I ssh into...

vpn
hi i setup dsl connection on my laptop but i can't use it via kinternet kinternet don't show it what can i do? :( -- morteza13581358 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please see my post here. 'Bryan 手札 &#8212; 生活記趣 � Opensuse information' (http://lifestory.moqin.com/?cat=344) It will be able to help you. -- Regards, Bryan Yu http://lifestory.moqin.com/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ df6269's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=7...

VPN
If I'm using VPN on an unsecured wireless connection can someone see my files if I have file sharing on? It depends on the VPN service, if you are using the Standard Sharing Ports & they are not Encrypted Everyone can see all your files & gain access to them. Check the information on the VPN Service First! "lbc" <ghost@whatever.com> wrote in message news:dlv8cv$8eh$1@news.grc.com... > If I'm using VPN on an unsecured wireless connection can someone see my > files if I have file sharing on? > > ...

Web resources about - vpn to vpn connection question - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Ritchie Yorke recounts John Lennon, Yoko Ono connection - The Courier-Mail Search Search
IN THE old-school days of rock ’n’ roll journalism, savvy interviewers got to spend time with interviewees, get to know them, hang out backstage ...

'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2 spoilers: ‘Flight 462’ connection teased in new promo
... his group will travel in a yacht in “Fear the Walking Dead” Season 2. A new “Fear the Walking Dead” Season 2 trailer teases “Flight 462” connection. ...

The French connection
A FRENCH-SPEAKING Tasmania is not quite as out-landish a concept as it at first appears, considering we came extremely close to being a French ...

'Who made you Pope?': Donald Trump, Jeb Bush and the Caddyshack connection
The 1980s comedy tells us something about the relationship between Donald Trump and Jeb Bush.

Anchorage man arrested in connection with January armed robberies
Police say a 24-year-old Anchorage man has been arrested in connection with two armed robberies and one attempted robbery at the end of January. ...

Igniting Brand Growth Via Emotional Connections
Nobel Prize winning research in neuroscience and behavioral economics proves that all humans are irrational, emotional creatures. Both marketers ...