VPN thru BM 3.6 t oW2K VPN

--____NKHXHHECQEOVYUGORWTG____

Is it possible to create a VPN from a W2k-machine to a W2K-Server in
the =
Internet from a NAT-Network across Bordermanager ?

Greetings

Uwe

--____NKHXHHECQEOVYUGORWTG____

--____HOHDEQRUFCFDMNBJPEJB____

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html;
charset=3Diso-8859-1"=

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Is it possible to create a VPN from a
W2k-machine&nbsp;=
to a=20
W2K-Server in the Internet from a NAT-Network across Bordermanager=20
?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Greetings</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Uwe</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--____HOHDEQRUFCFDMNBJPEJB____--

--____NKHXHHECQEOVYUGORWTG____--

0
Uwe

No, it's not currently possible. GRE packets will be discarded by the
BorderManager NAT. Not sure if future NAT implementations will fix
this
issue.

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Edison

VPN 3.6 slave to VPN 3.8 master
I have more or less gone through what I could to set this up. I exported the BM 3.8 master encryption key (minfo.vpn) and imported that to the BM 3.6 slave without any issue. I then created the slave (sinfo.vpn) file. I had setup the vpn tunnel ip's as 192.168.10.1 and when these were both masters, clients could access either one perfectly. We know the VPN's work. I changed 1 to a slave, but I halted what I was doing as I noted that the master and slave networks both are using 192.168.0.x for the private IP's. Questions: 1. Can a 3.6 slave talk to a 3.8 master?...

F5 VPN software not compatible with version 3.6, so can't access my VPN
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: F5 VPN software not compatible with version 3.6, so can't access my VPN Comments: see above Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.4; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; WWTClient2; Windows-Media-Player/10.00.00.3990; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to ...

Connect VPN client thru BM to another VPN
i, I have a problem connecting a client inside my network (10.x.x.x) using a CISCO VPN CLIENT. My firewall is a Bordermanager 3.6 SP2a server using NAT and I want to connect to other VPN server. How I have to configure the BM serfver to connect internal client to access others VPN server ????? Thanks in advance Jose hi Jose, let me understand. Are you trying to connect with a Cisco VPN client to a CIsco VPN server or to a BM VPN server? -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

3rd Party VPN client to site thru BM 3.6
We do not use VPN and have a BM 3.6 Server at our internet connection point. There is a vendor coming for a presentation that requires the salesperson to establish a VPN to their server through our BM 3.6 server. Their specs call for UDP traffic to pass over ports UDP:500, UDP:1000, and protocol 50 & 51 (IPSEC). I can set up the UDP packet exceptions but am stymied by the Protocol 50 & 51 requirements. Can this be done for them with our current configuration? If so, any pointers would be appreciated. JohnW hi, no, it can't be done. The NAT portion of the se...

BM VPN site - to
Hi, Can i use BM 3.7 or 3.8 to create a site-to-site VPN with a BM server on one site an a hardware VPN device (Cisco, Nortel) on the other site ? Or does site-to-site VPN always need to be 2 BM servers ? Regards, Jan Wiersma the Netherlands. Jan Wiersma wrote: > Hi, > > Can i use BM 3.7 or 3.8 to create a site-to-site VPN with a BM server on one site an a hardware VPN device (Cisco, Nortel) on the other site ? > Or does site-to-site VPN always need to be 2 BM servers ? 3.7 is BMgr only. 3.8 should work with any IPSEC VPN. -andy ...

VPN problem after upgrade BM 3.6 to 3.7
Hello, I used BM 3.6 on NetWare 5.0+SP6a. A month ago I have migrated across-the- wire my BM services to new machine with NetWare 6. I applied SP3 for NetWare and made in-place upgrade on BorderManager to version 3.7 and applied SP2 for BM. Nothing was changed with the configuration. With my previous verion of NetWare and BM I had VPN connection site-to site with my company's branch office and also client-to-site for users who needs to connect the notwork via modems. Everything worked fine untill upgrade BM. I tried to workaround this problem: I removed all prev...

BM 3.6 + VPN Client 3.7 + NAT + private ipaddress
Hallo, i've a new vodaphone D2 PCMCIA Data Connect Card ( Germany ) to dial into Internet over VPN-Client to my BM server. It work, but i cannot ping hosts in my private network. Over the provider i became also private ipaddresses ( 10.x.x.x ), so this addresses could not route over the BM !!! Had anyone an idea, if it is possible to route private ip addresses in VPN-Client to private ip addresses to bm ? Or, is it possible to give the vpn-client a second ipaddress from my private network ? How is the way to configure my bm + vpn client to get it to work ??? Or is t...

VPN clientc can ping internal hosts, but can't ping private address of the BM VPN server.
VPN client connects just fine, I can ping and login to my internal servers both by address and by name etc. - all is great, but I can't ping and can't login/map drives to the BM server itself. Ping to 10.0.0.2 (private interface of the BM VPN server) fails. If I try to map to 10.0.0.2\sys: I get the error code 8884... Setup: BM 3.8 SP2a Server with 2 interfaces: Public: 81.x.x.242 with dynamic NAT and no secondary IP addresses. Prvate: 10.0.0.2/255.255.255.0 (NCP Include IP Addresses = 10.0.0.2 set on the server) The rest of the private network is using different subnet...

BM 3.6 VPN-Einwahl
Hallo, habe das Problem das ich nach erfolgreicher VPN-Einwahl auf keinerlei Ressource der Gegenstelle zugreifen kann. Auch ein Ping ist nicht m�glich. Hier die Fakten: NW51. inkl. SP7 + BM3.6 inkl. SP2A Internet-Einwahl �ber Netgear RT311-Router mit dynamischer IP-Adresse. Aufl�sung �ber dyndns.org und Port-Forwarding Port 353 (f�r VPN-Einwahl). Die VPN-Einwahl selbst klappt (Test �ber WinXP + VPN-Client 3.7 + ISDN-Internet Connection) aber ich kann kein Ger�t auf der lokalen Seite des BM anpingen. Auch nicht die Router IP-Adressen oder BM-IP-Adressen. Die Aktivit�tsanzeige im N...

Small VPN appliance to connect to BM VPN
--____VQHYVYNDJJYFRGAXQVCU____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 30 Mar 2007 18:09:36 -0400" Can anybody recommend a small (inexpensive) router that could easily = create a VPN from it to a BM 3.8 server? We have a remote location = (warehouse) that will have 2 computers. I was going to set up the = workstations to connect to a Terminal server in the main office to run the = applications they require. The problem I am attempting to deal with is = that the use...

Cisco VPN or BM VPN open question..
Hi People, I have a customer, they have a small Netware deployment (100 Users), and like the Novell Technologies. They are now looking to provide their own internet access (currently hosted) Therefore they are going to need a Proxy server and a VPN server. Cisco salesman has been in and told them the best option is to use a Cisco VPN (I guess this only does VPN and not Proxy but I am not sure of the Details.) Was just wondering if anyone had any views, whether to use CISCO vpn or BM. So far I can think of... 1) I think that BM will be cheaper? 2) They have a Netwar...

BM 3.5 to BM 3.8 w/VPN
Bordermanager 3.5 server on Netware 5.1 providing firewall and proxy services for users on internal network. This box is also acting as the Master VPN server with multiple site-to-site VPN links to BM 3.5 slave servers. Primary Goal Replace the existing Bordermanager 3.5 master VPN server hardware with a new server running Bordermanager 3.8 on Netware 6.0. It is possible to have both servers online during migration. Must minimize disruption to firewall, proxy & VPN services. Secondary Goal: No changes (or minimial changes only) to the slave servers running BM 3.5. (T...

Craig's Tip #77 (3.8 Site-Site VPN slave server that won't start VPN services)
I have a couple of questions: Does this problem happen in IKE mode, Legacy mode, or both ? If there's a replica of root on another server on the slave's segment, I assume this is enough of a 'fix' to allow the services to start properly? Thanks Adrian James Quote: "Update: Aug 24, 2004: I am hearing that there is a design bug with BorderManager 3.8 Site-to-Site VPN that requires the slave server to contact a replica of the Root partition in order to launch. This means (for now) that you need to put a replica of Root on the VPN slave server. This makes se...

outbound vpn thru bm 3.7
greetings- are are running a fresh install of bordermanager 3.7, sp1. we are trying to establish an outbound VPN connection from one of our LAN clients to a VPN over the internet using windows built in VPN. we created the appropriate rules but are unable to connect. we get passed the login screen, to where it says 'verifying username and password' but no luck. dropping the filters doesnt help; so we are wondering if it is a NAT issue or some other setting in BM. if we sit on the public side of BM, we are able to connect. once we get on the privat side, nada. a...

Web resources about - VPN thru BM 3.6 t oW2K VPN - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Google CEO Sundar Pichai took a subtle jab at Donald Trump
Google CEO Sundar Pichai just responded to Donald Trump's suggestion that Muslims be banned from entering the United States. In a blog post ...

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ $6.94 Toy Leak At Walmart Brings Spoilers, Facebook Ban For Buyer
There’s a big battle brewing over a simple Star Wars: The Force Awakens toy. As seen on Fortune , and plenty of other websites, a toy from the ...

The App Store now shows you when iOS apps work on Apple TV
The fourth-generation Apple TV already has over 2,600 apps, a significant number considering tvOS is such a young platform. Naturally, as more ...

What Certain Cities Could Look Like as a Result of Climate Change
London, after 4 degrees Celsius of warming Today is the final day of the international climate change conference in Paris, where experts and ...

Pandora claims that Steve Jobs 'eviscerated the music industry'
Pandora has recently taken to blaming Spotify for the downfall of the music industry, but on Thursday its leadership picked a new target: Steve ...

DraftKings and FanDuel allowed to continue operating in New York
As daily fantasy sports websites DraftKings and FanDuel enter a protracted battle with the New York Attorney General regarding whether their ...

San Bernardino Agency 'Deeply Affected' by Mass Shooting to Reopen
San Bernardino Agency 'Deeply Affected' by Mass Shooting to Reopen

Bryan Singer Breaks Down the ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Trailer
The X-Men: Apocalypse trailer hit the web today, and based on the 200 comments left on that post , it’s fair to say the response has been mixed ...

Dow, DuPont Deal Cements Activists' Rise
Wall Street Journal Dow, DuPont Deal Cements Activists' Rise Wall Street Journal Dow Chemical Co. DOW -2.80 % and DuPont Co. DD -5.51 % announced ...

Microsoft (Sort Of) Backtracks On Its Recent OneDrive Storage Changes
Last month Microsoft announced that due to abuse by certain users of their unlimited OneDrive storage plans, they will be axing that plan and ...