VPN client 3.7 used to connect on BM 3.8

Hi, I need to know if it is possible to have the VPN client 3.7.1 and be
able to connect on BorderManager 3.8 and received a local IP address and
DNS resolution.

Setup is on Nw6.5 sp1b, BM 3.8 sp1, VPN client 3.7.1

Thxs...
0
fdufour

no, you need the BM3.8 client (and the BM3.8 server) for that.

--
Caterina Luppi

Caterina

CAn you use the Microsoft VPN client to connect to BM 3.7
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0000D066CA256D67_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Hi All, I have a BM 3.7 server with VPN services , all runs very well : ) I have several clients who want to access the VPN using the Microsoft builtin VPN client rather than installing the Novell VPN client , is this possible and if so any tips for getting it to work Thanks --=_alternative 0000D066CA256D67_= Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" <br><font size=1 face="sans-serif">Hi All, I have ...

VPN Client 3.7&3.8 Connects but Can't Run Scripts or Map Drive
We're using BM 3.7 SP3 as: + Firewall + Remote Access Server The VPN Clients 3.7 & 3.8 (SP1a) via LAN are connecting to the tree just fine, but does not run scripts or allow for drive mappings... Nothing in documentation or Novell's site discussing these problems - and yes the VPN options has "RUN SCRIPTS" checked/marked. Does anyone have a remedy? Or do we need to start looking for a new solution not Novell's (this issue should be included with product documentation or web site (which it not), and we should not have to pay for it)? Anyone...

Can I import VPN setting from BM 3.7 into BM 3.8
Hi all, we have a Netware 6.5 server with Bordermanager 3.7. (after migration from NW 5.1) This worked fine for a year, but now the server abends several times a day. Bordermanager is only used for Proxy and VPN. I want to replace the server with a new installed NW6.5 with BM 3.8. Can I quickly and easy import my current VPN settings from BM 3.7? Greetz, Erwin hi Erwin, You can't really "import" the VPN from a server to another one, unless you image it (but at the end you would have an identical server, i.e. 3.7). The safest way is to reconfigure the VPN in t...

VPN 3.8 Client behind Netgear Router and BM 3.8 behind Linux IPTABLES
I ve configured my BM 3.8 Client behind my Netgear DSL Router (NAT). I ve configured my BM 3.8 SP1 Server behind Linux (IPTABLES NAT) not a filter problem. In this configuration I can do all at BM 3.8 server. I ve configured my BM entry policies from Craigs Johnsons book Authentication with NMAS (NDS). Now if I connect to BM server I got following NMAS error (error authentication gateway FFFFF996. The same error if I configure my vpm client in same network like my natted linux interface. I m not sure where I should look at first. I ve heard BM is running a linux na...

Silent install VPN client 3.8.1 and 3.8.2 ResultCode=-3
When i do a silent install of the VPN client 3.8.2 the setup will crash within the installation. (halfway the silent install) The log file gives a ResultCode=-3. When i start the silent install for the second time everything is OK. [InstallShield Silent] Version=v6.00.000 File=Log File [ResponseResult] ResultCode=-3 [Application] Name=Novell BorderManager VPN Client Version=3.8.0 Company=Novell Lang=0009 Is there a solution for this problem? Michiel I ve found the problem. The problem is starting a silent install from a networkdrive. When the silent install runs t...

Using Linux as a VPN Client with BM 3.8
Just installed SuSE on my laptop, and I'm looking to be able to connect to our BM3.8 VPN server. I came across the Open S/Wan project (sponsored by Novell & SuSE) but they make no mention of Open S/Wan working with BM. Does Open S/Wan work with BM ? Any pointers/gotchas to getting it (or another VPN client) working ? Thanks, GTG In article <pan.2004.11.03.09.16.50.366683@ccwdotgov.uk>, Gordon Ross wrote: > Does Open S/Wan work with BM ? Any pointers/gotchas to getting it (or > another VPN client) working ? > It should work, in certificate mode. (P...

BM 3.6 + VPN Client 3.7 + NAT + private ipaddress
Hallo, i've a new vodaphone D2 PCMCIA Data Connect Card ( Germany ) to dial into Internet over VPN-Client to my BM server. It work, but i cannot ping hosts in my private network. Over the provider i became also private ipaddresses ( 10.x.x.x ), so this addresses could not route over the BM !!! Had anyone an idea, if it is possible to route private ip addresses in VPN-Client to private ip addresses to bm ? Or, is it possible to give the vpn-client a second ipaddress from my private network ? How is the way to configure my bm + vpn client to get it to work ??? Or is t...

Bordermanager 3.8 VPN connection but no connection
Hi all, I am testing BM 3.8 VPN and am connecting via NMAS, connecting goes without problems and when I am connected I can ping the inside server ip, the vpn tunnel address and the ip-address that has been supplied by BM. But I cannot connect to any of the services running on my server or login.... <<But I cannot connect to any of the services running on my server or <<login.... What do you mean by that? any example and error message? 1. Which ip address pool is using the vpn client? 2. Which is your internal ip address of the host you are try...

BM 3.5 to BM 3.8 w/VPN
Bordermanager 3.5 server on Netware 5.1 providing firewall and proxy services for users on internal network. This box is also acting as the Master VPN server with multiple site-to-site VPN links to BM 3.5 slave servers. Primary Goal Replace the existing Bordermanager 3.5 master VPN server hardware with a new server running Bordermanager 3.8 on Netware 6.0. It is possible to have both servers online during migration. Must minimize disruption to firewall, proxy & VPN services. Secondary Goal: No changes (or minimial changes only) to the slave servers running BM 3.5. (T...

Cannot uninstall BM 3.8.7 VPN client
I had accidently posted this on the install-setup forum for BM so am posting it here also. Windows 2000. Installed Novell Client 4.9 SP2 then Border Manager VPN client 3.8.7. However based on our local lan setup we needed to use NMAS to connect to VPN server but when it tried to connect it said unable to locate NMAS resource dlls. I had run into that error before when I selected to install NMAS with the VPN client so I thought OK I will just uninstall the VPN and re-install without NMAS so it uses the Novell client NMAS module instead which usually clears up the error. G...

Cannot uninstall BM 3.8.7 VPN client
Windows 2000. Installed Novell Client 4.9 SP2 then Border Manager VPN client 3.8.7. However based on our local lan setup we needed to use NMAS to connect to VPN server but when it tried to connect it said unable to locate NMAS resource dlls. I had run into that error before when I selected to install NMAS with the VPN client so I thought OK I will just uninstall the VPN and re-install without NMAS so it uses the Novell client NMAS module instead which usually clears up the error. Go into add/remove programs and selected the BM VPN client entry and it looked like the first t...

Atheros Client 3+ fails with VPN Client 3.8+ on Windows 2000
We are using new HP NC4010 and NC8000 laptops with the built-in HP WLAN 802.11 a/b/g W500 Wireless NIC. We have the Novell 4.90 SP1 client installed, along with the Bordermanager VPN Client 3.8.9 installed. The systems have the latest BIOS, the latest driver for the NIC from HP (ver 4.0.0.140), the latest Atheros Client provided by HP (ver 4.1.0.132) Our experience has been this.... When running Bordermanager VPN client 3.7 w/any Atheros Client version --> No Problems (This is an unacceptable workaround as we are moving to a Bordermanager 3.8 VPN server and need the clie...

VPN 3.6 slave to VPN 3.8 master
I have more or less gone through what I could to set this up. I exported the BM 3.8 master encryption key (minfo.vpn) and imported that to the BM 3.6 slave without any issue. I then created the slave (sinfo.vpn) file. I had setup the vpn tunnel ip's as 192.168.10.1 and when these were both masters, clients could access either one perfectly. We know the VPN's work. I changed 1 to a slave, but I halted what I was doing as I noted that the master and slave networks both are using 192.168.0.x for the private IP's. Questions: 1. Can a 3.6 slave talk to a 3.8 master?...

Edir 8.7.3.5\ 8.7.3.6\8.7.3.4
Ok Iam confused with the roll back issue. What is the Edir that is working Iam hearing Novell rolled back 8.3.6 but I can only see that 8.7.3.4 is stable but Iam not hearing if 8.7.3.5 is ok. Iam on 8.7.3.5 and Iam having issue with keeping edir healthy. So is this my issue and or how do you roll back if I need to. Also I see some said " dsrapir full attened is not the preferred way of getting ds healthy so what is this about I have not heard of this before. Thanks to anyone who can clear this up while I wait for ssupport to get back to me on the phone. Hi, 8735 came with N...

Web resources about - VPN client 3.7 used to connect on BM 3.8 - novell.bordermanager.vpn

First Capital Connect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( FCC ) is a British train operating company , owned by FirstGroup , operating the Thameslink Great Northern franchise . FCC operates passenger ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

CloudCraze Connects Consumers To Facebook Brands Via Cloud Technology
Brands on Facebook are always looking for new, efficient ways to connect with customers . CloudCraze, which recently released its 3.0 e-commerce ...

Law Firm Partners Need To Connect Personally With Each Other To Manage Their Firm Well Together
... private lawyers must remember that their firms are businesses (if not typical businesses), in order to run their firms well, they need to connect ...

IFTTT gains support for Honeywell Total Connect Comfort with new channel
... creative ideas to make this even better and one of those is home automation. With that in mind, IFTTT is unveiling its Honeywell Total Connect ...

​How to connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi
Access a more secure connection from anywhere.

Google Search Connects Trump To Hitler
Searching for Trump's book suggests Mein Kampf as related search

Salesforce Connect Simplifies Enterprise App Data Integration
DAILY VIDEO: Salesforce Connect improves data integration for enterprise apps; VTech admits lack of database security opened door to hack; Microsoft's ...

Which Comic Mini-Series Connect To The Force Awakens? A Handy Guide For Star Wars Fans
There are lots of new Star Wars comics out this year. Which ones offer important background for Star Wars: The Force Awakens?

Crema.co launches coffee marketplace to connect aficionados with rare roasts
Crema.co just launched a new online marketplace lets coffee fans find rare roasts that otherwise wouldn’t be so easy to come by. The Seattle ...