Replacing Frame Relay with VPN's from all sites

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction with
regard to finding out if replacing our current frame relay system with
vpns from each of our sites (12 nationwide) to our home office in
Maryland would be feasible and if so, how we would go about doing that.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!
0
eberlyd

It sounds feasible to me, in general.  You need fixed IP addresses, and
sufficient bandwidth for the Internet connection.  Many, many people
are using VPN's instead of more-expensive private WAN links.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig
6/11/2004 2:55:01 AM
>Thank you so much for your fast response.  Do you have any particular
white papers or NetWare TID's that might describe in more detail the
setting up of these VPN's?  Thanks!!

It sounds feasible to me, in general.  You need fixed IP addresses, and
> sufficient bandwidth for the Internet connection.  Many, many people
> are using VPN's instead of more-expensive private WAN links.
>
> Craig Johnson
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on
> BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
eberlyd
6/11/2004 12:48:00 PM
In article <4Shyc.13767$aF2.9535@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>,  wrote:
> >Thank you so much for your fast response.  Do you have any particular
> white papers or NetWare TID's that might describe in more detail the
> setting up of these VPN's?  Thanks!!

I don't know about tid's or white papers at Novell.  I suspect there may
be some, perhaps at the Cool Solutions site.   My BMgr 3.x book
describes, in detail, how to configure them, if you are looking for more
of a 'how to' instead of 'why do it' type of document.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig

Craig's Tip #77 (3.8 Site-Site VPN slave server that won't start VPN services)
I have a couple of questions: Does this problem happen in IKE mode, Legacy mode, or both ? If there's a replica of root on another server on the slave's segment, I assume this is enough of a 'fix' to allow the services to start properly? Thanks Adrian James Quote: "Update: Aug 24, 2004: I am hearing that there is a design bug with BorderManager 3.8 Site-to-Site VPN that requires the slave server to contact a replica of the Root partition in order to launch. This means (for now) that you need to put a replica of Root on the VPN slave server. This makes se...

VPN Site to Site & Client to site/site's ?
Hi there, We managed to get our 5.0/5.1 & 6.0 tree over av WAN moved to a BM3.7 VPN based solution. Everything's working really good, finally,,, Though, just one issue or maybe,, question,, with a site-to-site VPN for 1 tree with 1 master & 2 slaves, are a client -to - site VPN connection ment to be able to connect to all the servers...?? That is; central network = 192.168.0.0 with the master works ok from client, branch network1 = 192.168.1.0 1st slave does not work from client, branch network1 = 192.168.2.0 2nd slave does not work from client, In nwa...

VPN Client
I have a Border Manager 3.7 server with a Site to Site and Client to Site VPN enabled. The VPN client can access all information of the WAN except for the site that is accross the Site to Site VPN. The client to site is configured to encrypt this network. From the internal network the remote site accross the VPN site to site works fine. Any help would be appreciated Rob C Rob, This is really working as designed. If you want a vpn client to access the other site, you'll need to enable client-site on the other BM server. -- Lance Reynolds, CNE &l...

Urgent: Site-to-Site VPN, change of Master's IP address
Hi Guys I'm having some problems with my VPN site-to-site config here. It's a BM 3.8SP4. I've changed the public IP address of the master site, and I need to create the VPN site-to-site again. I've gone to vpncfg, and removed the VPN configuration. Then I've entered the new IP config, created the new minfo.vpn and all. No matter what I try, it still displays the old IP under 'Display VPN Server configuration', and if I go into NWAdmin32, under site-to-site it displays the old IP, as well as under client-to-site, the protected network is still the old...

Edir' sync' over Cisco site-to-site VPN
Can anyone confirm if Edirectory syncs across a Cisco site-to-site VPN connection ? It does - confirmed. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

Replace 1's and 0's in a gridview column with Yes's and No's
Is it possible to change the display of a column in a gridview to show a Yes for all 1's and a No for 0's that display in a particular column of a gridview bound to a database?  If so, can someone share the way with me?  I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with VB Code Behind.  Thanks One way you can do is thrrough  CASE in your select statement: Select YesNoColumn= CASE yourColumn WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes' WHEN 0 THEN 'No' ELSE '' END FROM YourtableLimno <Columns>     <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="yourHeader" SortExpression="yourDataField"> ...

BM VPN site - to
Hi, Can i use BM 3.7 or 3.8 to create a site-to-site VPN with a BM server on one site an a hardware VPN device (Cisco, Nortel) on the other site ? Or does site-to-site VPN always need to be 2 BM servers ? Regards, Jan Wiersma the Netherlands. Jan Wiersma wrote: > Hi, > > Can i use BM 3.7 or 3.8 to create a site-to-site VPN with a BM server on one site an a hardware VPN device (Cisco, Nortel) on the other site ? > Or does site-to-site VPN always need to be 2 BM servers ? 3.7 is BMgr only. 3.8 should work with any IPSEC VPN. -andy ...

Site-to-Site VPN
Is this possible? anyone done it? Both devices have a Public IP addresses on the Internet, so no NAT is involved. The Key information on the PIX has to be entered manually as PIX runs a script. Matt Isaac wrote: > Is this possible? Not yet. -- Lance Reynolds, CNE Using XanaNews 1.13.2.10 ...

Bordermanager 3.8 Site-Site VPN
Hi all! I am testing VPN SITE to SITE on BM 3.8 at the moment, I have client-site working already but I can't get the site-site to work. Which Certificates should be on the servers?? and where do I have to put them?? Any ideas?? In article <BUoxb.11513$I04.4852@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Stefan ten Hoeve wrote: > Which Certificates should be on the servers?? and where do I have to put > them?? > The BMgr 3.8 iManager should have created special VPN certs, and put then where they are needed. Did you allow iManager to create certs for...

BorderManager 3.8 VPN site to site
A costumer has two BorderManager 3.8 servers running on Netware 6.5 sp1. A VPN site to site connection is configured. After the installation of the IP Domestic stack on both servers, the stack seems to be corrupt. ( At console : perl nwccdbm38:\tcpip\instal.pl -f ) MONITOR.NLM , NWCONFIG cannot be started. And at the server boot proces, the time synchronization is timing out due to the lack of an IP connection. When the server is running the time synchronization has been established after a while. Tried to manually copy the TCPIP, TCP and BSDSOCK nlm. ( DOMESTIC ) from te servi...

requirements for vpn site-to-site on bordermanager 3.7
I need to setup a small office at home in order to allow an ip phone to connect to corporate. I've been told to do this through the vpn but do I need a vpn router at home in order to do this? Are there vpn routers that can been configured to connect to my bordermanager 3.7; thereby just allowing me to plugin my ip phone at home and having it connect to corporate? If there are, can you recommend one? Thanks Scott Scott, > I need to setup a small office at home in order to allow an ip phone to > connect to corporate. I've been told to do this through the vp...

Temporarily Replace BM38 w/VPN Site-to-Site Hardware
Scenario: three NW60 SP5 BM38 SP3 servers (one per site) using VPN site-to-site for connectivity between sites. Need: BM server at one site was damaged. Although it is still running we will be removing it from service, shipping it off-site to be repaired then returning it to service. While the original HW is being repaired, we will be using temporary BM server hardware to run in it's place. Solution? Image current BM server via ZenWorks or GHOST then place that image on new hardware. Run in interim. Once repaired server is returned, image new (running) server to re...

Publishing the site's as shortcuts in the users' desktop's
Dear All,I have a web application. In that some client will be configured.In that the authorized person can publish a web page.When the page is published, the shortcut for that URL has to be set in the clients desktop.Can we achieve this functionality?Kindly help to get rid of this.Thanks a lot in advance.  Hi jayachitra  I have read the thread carefully; however, I am not sure I have understood the facing needs correctly. Based on my understanding, you would like to create a shortcut to user’s desktop, right?  If so, it is not recommended due to the security issue, the ...

site - to
Hi, I am trying to establish a site to site VPN with two BorderManager 3.6 servers running on Netware 6.0. I have loaded patches nw6sp3e and bm36sp2a. I have configured one server as a master and one as a slave. Time is the same on both servers and routing is working properly between servers prior to setting up the vpn. The problem I have is that the VPN tunnel does not establish correctly. In the audit log on the master server is get : - Failed VPN member notifications. - Failed configuring VPN member SBSPXI01 - Configuring VPN Memeber SBSPXI01 - Computed outbound ...

Web resources about - Replacing Frame Relay with VPN's from all sites - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Facebook Tests Replacing Keyword Ad Targeting With Broad Category Targeting
Facebook is testing a major functionality change for its self-serve performance ad tool that would replace the specific Like keyword targeting ...

The Dangers of Replacing Coil Springs on Your Vehicle - Bonus Clip - YouTube
In this episode of Saturday Mechanic bonus clip, Ben and Russ show what happens when a coil spring compressor fails. Subscribe today for more! ...

School apologises for taking cane off blind boy and replacing it with pool noodle
A primary school has apologised for taking away the cane of an eight-year-old blind boy and replacing it swimming pool noddle as a form of punishment. ...

Federation Centres stuns market by replacing CEO Steven Sewell with Angus McNaughton effective immediately ...
Retail landlord Federation Centres has surprised the market with the&nbsp;appointment of&nbsp;former Novion Property's Angus McNaughton as the ...

Replacing China's broken economic gauge
As Chinese growth shifts away from its reliance on heavy industry, we need a new index to the track the ups and downs of the economy.

Inner south residents worried about high-rises replacing public housing flats
Residents say the&nbsp;government&nbsp;is over-developing its inner south blocks to maximise their sale value.

Apache Software Foundation unveils Hadoop 2, replacing MapReduce with YARN
The Apache Software Foundation unveiled its latest release of its open source data processing program, Hadoop 2. It runs multiple applications ...

Australia spends $110 million a year replacing lost coins
Australians lose 255 million coins every year - down the back of our couches, taken overseas in the pockets of tourists and stuck to footpaths. ...

Tweets Replacing Resumes - Twitter Becomes Job-Hunting Tool
Forget paper resumes, your next job could hang on a 140-letter tweet.

A case of one bad government replacing another
THERE is a widening gap between the sort of government a Tony Abbott-led Coalition will need to become to steer the nation successfully in the ...