Packet discarded during policy checking, src=x.x.x.x, dst=x.x.x.x

S2S setup, Master is BM 3.8sp2, Slave is Dlink DI-824UP.  Everything is
working, but this error appears on the Audit Log.  What policy would it be
referencing?  Traffic is flowing both ways.

John Games
0
John

The policies are essentially the 3rd-party rules you have set up.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig

Found All IP from x.x.x.1 to x.x.x.256
 For example i need: 123.123.123.1123.123.123.2....123.123.123.256-------------------------------------------I write code: 1 String IPadresas = Request.UserHostAddress; //Found visitor IP2 for (int i = 0; i < IPadresas.Length; i++)3 {4 IPad_cut[i] = IPadresas[i];5 if (IPad_cut[i] == '.') { dotCOUNT++; }6 if (dotCOUNT == limit) { break; }7 saveLong = i;8 }9 saveLong = saveLong + 2;10 Char[] IPad_cut2 = new Char[saveLong]; //New Char, cut IP address 11 ...

heartbeat (PROTO224) from X.X.X.255 to X.X.X.NODE-ADDRESS
hi, my question is. it is possible to change the heartbeat (PROTO224) from brodcast to unicast Thanks Miguel According tohttp://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10071158.htm on NW 5.x it is broadcast to ff.ff.ff.ff, on later versions to 0.0.0.0 to restrict it to the subnet. And according to http://www.novell.com/documentation/ncs6p/tswizard/lansanproblems.html the slaves do unicast, but the Master must multicast (not broadcast) as it cannot assume it knows what slaves are currently active. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer ...

dhcpd-DHCPINFORM not authoritative for subnet x.x.x.x
I noticed that we have a lot of messages saying: DHCPINFORM from x.x.x.x via eth3: not authoritative for subnet x.x.x.x I wonder where it comes from. I would appreciate it very much if someone can give some advise on this problem. Thanks alot! April, > I noticed that we have a lot of messages saying: > DHCPINFORM from x.x.x.x via eth3: not authoritative for subnet x.x.x.x > Is that on an OES Linux server? - Anders Gustafsson (Sysop) The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Discover the Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com Novell does not monitor these forums off...

Firefox 2.x.x.x is an absolute slug comparted to FF1.5.x.x.
Name: Peter Morgan Email: 44atwestnetdotcomdotau Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.x.x.x is an absolute slug comparted to FF1.5.x.x. Comments: Ever since I upgraded to FF2.0.0.x, the program has been a real slug. For instance, sometimes when I click on a tab, it can ignore em or - more commonly - take about five seconds to actually respond to the tab selection. Reinstalling made no difference. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

https://x.x.x.x/nps/iManager wont open
any time i try to go to the link, it gives me a 404 not found error after saying yes to the cert. i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, i have all my prereques installed for boarder manager 3.8, i have sp3 installed and i still get nothing... grrrr. someone please help me, im at a deadend for installing boarder manager until i get this fixed... Had a similar problem and after messing around with it for almost a day, including comapring the files against another server and changing the names in the configs, I just built a new server just for imanager and used that. >...

X.X.X.X appears to have POOR source port randomness
Guys, When your ISP's DNS is reported to have poor source port randomness, do you see all ports being port 53? I've tested a mobile network provider's DNS and this is the case for them. Also, how would one have to set-up a firewall when all ports have to be open? ISP's probably want to be strict with their firewalls so this might be another headache for them. Dutch Dave. Hi Dave, >When your ISP's DNS is reported to have poor source port randomness, do you >see all ports being port 53? I've tested a mobile network provider's DNS and...

Firefox 1.5.x.x to 2.0.x.x
Name: David Kalish Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 1.5.x.x to 2.0.x.x Comments: I had Firefox 1.5 and I knew that 2.0 was out. I went to Help > Check for Updates, and it indicates that there was no newer version available. I think this will cause some confusion, and may result in people not installing 2.0 If 1.5 can't be updated to 2.0, I suggest at least adding a link to the main download page. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1 ...

pkidiag
Is pkidiag supposed to recreate the ip ag x\.x\.x\.x certificates? I'm using pkidiag.nlm dated 12/9/03. thanks for the help! - jd j d, AFAIK no. It only does the SSL CertificateIP and SSL CertificateDNS -- //Niclas Ekstedt ____________________________________ Niclas Ekstedt, CNA, CNE, CNS Network Consultant/NSC Sysop InfraSystems Solutions AB ____________________________________ Using XanaNews 1.16.4.6 (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Ah, thanks! Do I need to recreate the ip ag x\.x\.x\.x certs for any reason? (what is it even used for?) ...

Confusion between SQLA5.x.x.x and SQLA Studio
From: D. K. Nagle (e-mail address: naglesys@bom3.vsnl.net.in medhag@bom7.vsnl.net.in) I am a registered user of Sybase SQL Anywhere v. 5.5.0.1. I read information about Sybase SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0.3. 1. Will somebody tell me as to what is the difference between them? 2. Does this new version provide all platforms on a single CD? 3. Why is Adaptive Server Anywhere also shown as a separate product in the product list of Sybase Products? Does it work on win95/98, Win NT and Novell Netware versions 3.12/4.11? 4. I tried to upgrade my existing database of 5.5 to 6.0....

Can individual websites be migrated (3.x to 3.x or 3.x to 4.x)?
I see the means to export a template of a website, but would like to export the entire website including content and if possible security settings including the User membership associated with that site. Any tools available anyone knows of? I found a tool on snowcovered for migrating only Users although I'm not sure if it's specific to a website or the entire Membership database for the entire installation instance. TIA, Tony...

Linux equivilent to "set ncp exclude ip address = x.x.x.x"?
I'm building a test eDir/IDM cluster here with Linux and Heartbeat. I have eDir 8.7.3.9 installed and have followed the configuration suggestions in TID 1903317 manually since the novell-idmcluster RPM seems to have gone missing. The problem is that eDir is still binding to all interfaces, not just my cluster IP address. If /etc/nds.conf has: n4u.nds.server.interfaces=eth0:0@524 in it, and eth0:0 has 131.156.12.63 on it (cluster ip address), how do I get eDir not to bind to 131.156.12.20 (real machine ip address on eth0)? I see TIDs for NetWare and Win32 on how to restr...

Imanager 2.0 wont work for: https://x.x.x.x/nps/iManager.html
Okay, this is kinda long, here are the previous posts for a problem i've been having with Imanager 2.0 I've been out of town so i havnt been able to keep up on it but here's the history: For the love of god, what does a mean have to do to set up a VPN? i've re-osed my server, installed sp3, and then all the pre- reques for Boarder Manager 3.8. when i get to the point of opening the https://x.x.x.x/nps/iManager.html page i get a 404 error. i've reinstalled, over-installed, un-installed, and i even tryed hitting it really hard. im getting...

error : client 10.x.x.x .. update 'x.10.in-arpa.arpa/IN' denied
I have novell 6.5sp6. My dns works.. but perhaps I can improve. I have only an internal dns for resolving my server. From management utility I have create the zones : dom1.com and 10.1. (1.10.in-arpa.arpa) These are into authoritative DNS-server, while rootserverinfo is a member of "available dns server". Then I have selected my dns-server and into forwarding list I have added the ip-address of my server that is into a DMZ. The server of DMZ has only a zone dom2.com and there is authoritative DNS- server . Then into forwarding list I have the ip-address of dns of m...

Broadcast Address of 172.x.x.x Private IPs
Years ago I simply wanted a LAN that was "different" (and didn't conflict with so many other things) so I chose a 172 private address and have been there for ages. But... When I setup a 172.25.26.0/24 static LAN, Windows (2000 at least) insists on a broadcast address as if it were a 172.25.0.0/16! The netmask of the static IP is 255.255.255.0 yet the routing table always sets broadcast to 172.25.255.255. I'm getting pressured to get off NetBEUI (runs great!) but every time I try to run shares over TCPIP it runs like crap. Before I go switching 4 machines for a...

Web resources about - Packet discarded during policy checking, src=x.x.x.x, dst=x.x.x.x - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Burning Discarded Automobile Batteries, 07/1972
Original Caption: Burning Discarded Automobile Batteries, 07/1972 U.S. National Archives’ Local Identifier: 412-DA-11382 Photographer: St. Gil, ...

Controversy of the Day: ‘Ugly’ Christmas Tree Gets Dissed and Discarded by PA Town
A 50-foot Norwood spruce in Reading, PA is the focus of ridicule this holiday season, with locals calling it “sad,” “nasty,” “pathetic,” “ugly” ...

QCG buys discarded Tasmanian nickel mine
Soaring nickel prices could breathe new life into a Tasmanian nickel mine previously tossed aside by OZ Minerals and MMG.

The library of discarded books
The library of lost books would be of considerable size, bigger, probably than the shelves in my house could bear. But not by much. Its successor, ...

AFL clubs keen to speak to discarded cricketer Alex Keath
Discarded Victorian cricketer Alex Keath would be a realistic chance to find a new home in the AFL should he decide to return to the sport he ...

Damaging class, gender rhetoric discarded
KEVIN Rudd is rushing to change Labor's rhetoric and direction to match his ministerial changes, with the dual aim of correcting the political ...

Private Sydney: Discarded House of Hancock minutes may become public
Four minutes that were cut from the House of Hancock mini-series may be available as a paid item on iTunes, rumours circulating in the television ...

Sharks to be shot and discarded offshore under catch and kill policy
The tender for the State Government's catch and kill strategy reveals sharks bigger than three metres will be shot and discarded offshore, if ...

Discarded cigarettes cause hundreds of fires, says fire chiefs president
Improperly discarded cigarettes are the cause of hundreds of fires every year, Stephen Gamble, the president of the Canadian Association of Fire ...

Discarded Aykroyd film footage mistaken for real-life horror movie
A worker at a Calgary landfill thought he had uncovered a snuff film when he found a piece of old movie footage that showed a man standing over ...