NAT on Router & VPN

I just setup a BM 3.6 server. I want to use VPN. My ISP owns the
router
we use to connect to the Internet, so I have to call them & put in a
service order to get changes made. The router is doing NAT. Do I need
get them to turn of NAT and use my BM server for NAT in order to get
VPN
to work?

Thanks!

Howie Ferguson CNE5

0
Howfer

Howfer wrote:

> Do I need to
> get them to turn of NAT and use my BM server for NAT in order to get
VPN
> to work?

Yep.

--
LaNce ReyNolds, CNE
Using XaNaNews 1.13.2.9

0
Lance

Bordermanager vpn vs Cisco router vpn etc
I have a small client with a Novell 5.x server with about 35 clients, many of which are needing some sort of vpn access. Trying to figure out if it is easier to setup border manager for vpn access on the server or simply get a router that will provide vpn access. Which would be easier or more cost effective in this scenario over a dsl connection. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks Paul I guess it depends a lot on cost. Do you already have BMgr? (A copy that includes client-site VPN?) If so, just install that and configure it. As for using ...

Problems with VPN with Bordermanager over a Linux Router (NAT)
Hi, I have a little problem: My Windows-Box is behind a Linux-Box (Mandrake 9.1 and iptables). The linux-box is the gateway for all windows-boxes. On the windows-box (IP: 192.168.1.12) I have installed BorderManager 3.7 R2. When I try to connect to a VPN-Server (outside of my LAN - over the Internet) I can connect, but no crypted packets were received. When I use a dial-up connection to the internet direct on the windows-box (AVM-Fritz-card) the vpn-connect works fine. So, can anyone help me which port I have to forward to my windows-box ?? And how I can do this (with ip...

NAT & VPN
(My experiance is based on BM3.5, so if this has already changed, please forgive me) When you VPN in across the Internet via BM, your IP address on the inside of BM is your Internet IP address. Is it possible to NAT incoming VPN connections so that the internal network does not see public IP addresses, only private ones ? Thanks, GTG -- Gordon Ross Gordon Ross wrote: > (My experiance is based on BM3.5, so if this has already changed, please > forgive me) > > When you VPN in across the Internet via BM, your IP address on the inside >...

Bordermanager VPN remove NAT
I have a client that currently has Bordermanager VPN 3.6 that is used for a Client to Site VPN. They do not have enterprise edition, they only have the VPN portion of the software. They have a Cisco router performing some firewall filtering, but Bordermanager performs the Network Address translation for the whole lan. Internally, it is one flat network with no additional routing. It is my understanding that if BM 3.6 is behind a firewall that does NAT/PAT then the VPN will not work anymore even with a static address translation through the firewall. The organization...

Help With Setting a VPN With a Linksys VPN Capable Router
I have been trying to use our Linksys BEFSX41's VPN capabilities. VPN's are something about which I know little and Linksys's information on the subject is at best sparse. I was hoping that someone in our group here could point me in the direction of some "how-to's" on the subject. Everything that I have found to date seems like it starts on chapter 3, what I need is chapters 1 and 2. The only way of testing my setup is to attempt to contact the cable route via an internet connection from a dialup account on my notebook. I have download and tested Micr...

VPN using PTPP with a "VPN pass-through router"?
Hi, This is what i want to do: Client (Internet)-------------> Router (192.168.0.1)--------------->Me (192.168.0.3) My ADSL router is a Dlink DSL-504 and it says it offers VPN pass through. Specifically, there are two sections in the configuration that i can see: (1) IP Masquerade Pass Through; (2) NAT ALGs. Both have boxes labelled PPTP and i have both checked. As I understand it PTPP requires TCP/IP on Port 1723 and GRE/IP on Port 47. I have mapped TCP port 1723 on my router through to Me (192.168.0.3). When my mate (Client) connects I get a TCP connection on Por...

VPN server is behind the NAT router
I can connect my VPN server using VPN client, but I can't login the server. We have BM 3.7. Does anybody have a solution for me ? Phil A VPN server behind a NAT device is not supported...yet. -- Lance Reynolds, CNE Using XanaNews 1.14.1.3 ...

BM3.8
I have Craig Johnson's "A Beginner�s Guide To BorderManager 3.x" ( Third Edition, Beta Version 1). The following excerpt is from page 46 under the section "Scenario 2 - A Cable Modem with DHCP Connection" There is also one limitation to this scenario � the BorderManager server will not be able to host VPN services. VPN on BorderManager up through BorderManager version 3.7 cannot function when the BorderManager server is behind a NAT connection. Does this hold true for BorderManager 3.8? Joe hi Joe, no, it's only valid for versio...

VPN Routers & Native Windows Clients for the How-to
I had a nice, long letter in the buffer all ready to paste here but I lost it when I was trying to setup the account information. I will retype a MUCH MUCH shorter letter quickly into here out of frustration. I have been working on Linksys Hardware VPN Routers WRV54G & WRV200. They come with a free version of their QuickVPN client that basicaly logs into the router, downloads a random preshared key, your IP infor, domain and such. It throws it into the Windows IPSec for you and your off. However, I don't like it. I have been trying to setup a Native Windows IPSec ...

Not working router VPN over NAT: Linsys WAG54gx2
--____GXSOKTKCJSDLFODTKWVG____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 2 Oct 2006 13:07:21 +0200" The following router has issues using the VPN over NAT. The tunnel is = connected but no traffic can be sent over the tunnel: Linsys WAG54gx2 --____GXSOKTKCJSDLFODTKWVG____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____VTMYIDSLQOWDYQCAMKEB____" --____VTMYIDSLQOWDYQCAMKEB____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-...

Public address of a Client VPN behind router with NAT
Hi ! One of our small office is connect via DSL with a DG814 Netgear Modem/Router .. This router allows VPN pass-thru traffic, and it works with NAT. Incredible, Everything works fine ! For support and maintenance purpose, I would like to have the Public address of the router. I looked for this information in NWADMIN ( tools/BM/VPN/monitor), but I found only the private address of the client. Is there a way to have this information ? Jean-Max > One of our small office is connect via DSL with a DG814 Netgear Modem/Router > . > This router allows VPN pa...

BorderManager VPN Stops working after ISP has router probs
BM 3.6 VPN. We have two server to server VPN connections. Both have been trouble free for over a year. Recently, the ISP for one of the remote offices had a router melt down. The router was repaired/replaced several hours later. Since then(3 days ago), we have not been able to re-establish the VPN. If I "reset" the VPN tunnel, the server on the other side "hears" it and states that the VPN has become disconnected and re-connected. However, no traffic seems to be able to get through the tunnel. I assume the ISP made some change to their router to cause...

VPN Client 3.8 behind Netgear Router VPN Server C2S behind Linux IPTABLES
I configured my vpn client behind a Netgear router in NAT modus. MY BM 3.8 C2S is running behind Linux IPTABLES in static NAT Modus. If configured my bm policies after the book from john craig (NMAS / PASSWORD/ NDS) If I connect from my VPN Client I get NMAS error "error authentication FFFF996" but nothing in nmasmon (ver 1.21) If I connect the client can read the name of Tree but then occured the error. The same error I get if I configure my vpn client in the same network like linux public interface and attach from there my BM about linux nat interface. Does any...

VPN over NAT
I just learned the hard way that the BorderManager VPN won't work through NAT. One of our clients has a small network that sits behind a DSL router running NAT. The VPN client *seems* to connect, but it won't carry any traffic or allow logins. Are there any workarounds short of doing away with NAT on the DSL router? Will this be fixed in BM3.8? > I just learned the hard way that the BorderManager VPN won't work > through NAT. One of our clients has a small network that sits behind > a DSL router running NAT. The VPN client *seems* to connect, b...

Web resources about - NAT on Router & VPN - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Router (woodworking) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A router is a tool used to rout out (hollow out) an area in the face of a relatively hard workpiece, typically of wood or plastic. The main application ...

Facebook Open-Sources mcrouter Memcached Protocol Router
Facebook announced at its @Scale 2014 conference in San Francisco Monday that it is open-sourcing mcrouter, a memcached protocol router that ...

Router on the App Store on iTunes
Get Router on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Belkin Wireless-Modem-Router-Images (9) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Image Set showing How to configure Belkin Routee for Airtel Internet. Feel free to use these images but give credit to ShoutMeTech.com

The Day The Routers Died... - YouTube
The Day The Routers Died... a song performed by the secret-wg in the closing plenary of the RIPE 55 conference a long long time ago i can still ...

What is WebRTC? - Uber, Ericsson, unified communications, LANs & Routers, Google, Microsoft, Networking ...
Enterprise trade shows have recently been full of chatter about WebRTC (Real-Time Communication). Descriptions like game changer and disruptive ...

High-speed Wi-Fi routers: D-Link v Apple
Along with the speed boost of 802.11ac, these Wi-Fi routers are designed to deal with wireless black spots around your home.

People Are Saying The Wi-Fi Router That Makes Your Web Surfing Completely Anonymous Is Garbage
Anonabox looks like the perfect Kickstarter product: It’s a Wi-Fi router that promises to route all your web traffic through the Tor network, ...

Game over for the router
As organisations implement complete IT solutions to move to a more software-defined enterprise, the router looks set to become a relic

Hands on: FRITZ!Box 7490 modem/router
With a super-fast 802.11ac wi-fi revamp, the flagship FRITZ!Box 7490 is the Swiss Army knife of prosumer modem/routers.