MS VPN Client to BM38 VPN Server?

On win2k and on XPHome I create a network connection which is a VPN connection, then try to do certificate authentication to the BM 38 VPN server.  I have the Novell VPN client on the same machine which can authenticate with the same certificate.  The MS client returns an Error 800: unable to establish connection, maybe the network is unreachable, maybe your security settings are wrong.
With the Novell Client I pick exactly the certificate I want to use to authenticate.  I can't find that option in the MS client, I can select a Trusted Root (so I had to export the Trusted Root and add it to even get that far).  I still don't know if that means it's using the right certificate to try to authenticate.
Anyone have experience with the Microsoft VPN client to the BM38 VPN Server, that might have some answers or pointers?
0
Mike

"Mike Murphy" wrote:

> On win2k and on XPHome I create a network connection which is a VPN connection, then try to do certificate authentication to the BM 38 VPN server.

No way. The MS VPN client isn't compatible.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

Cisco or any 3rd-party VPN client to BM38 VPN Server
In-house we use the Novell VPN client, but some vendor support wants to use the Cisco VPN client. Can it be made to authenticate to our BM3.8 VPN Server? Are any other clients tested compatible? I thought this new generation IKE VPN provided more interoperability. Thanks I believe it can be made to function, with a lot of effort. However, it is easier to just have both Novell and Cisco VPN client installed at the same time. If you want to use Cisco VPN client, realize that it will take a lot of work for purely political reasons, and you will have zero return on investment for...

VPN C2S using Cisco VPN Client to BM38...
Has anyone got the Cisco VPN Client successfully connecting to a BM38 server? Is so, is there an Appnote like for S2S using BM38 to Cisco IOS... I have seen quite a few posts about this subject by no real positive stuff like....I've got it working!! Cheers, Richard. Hello Richard, i'm only know two tid's from novell discribe this problem, but i dosn't know someone how get it work ;-) S2S Cisco and BM: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10090479.htm C2S Cisco to BM http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/1009543...

NBM 3.8 VPN Client to a Cisco VPN server
Where might I find detailed instruction on setting this up ? thanks ed There is some info here: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10090479.htm But I'm not sure it is complete. There was a thread on this here in the past couple of days, so you should search back a bit. Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com *** ...

One VPN client cannot connect: message: IKE is not loaded on the VPN server
While connecting a VPN client I can see that it is trying to connect. After a while the client reports: VPN login: An error was reported by the IKE application Either xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is an invalid VPN server address or the IKE is not loaded on the VPN server. For more details please look at IKE log. Other clients are working fine so it's not a server problem. When I look at the Bordermanager activity log I can see the following: 08/10/2007 03:11:56 PM AUTH Gateway Connection closed for the VPN client at address 80.126.177.252. 08/10/2007 03:11:56 PM AUTH Gateway VPN cli...

Did anybody try to get Nokia Mobile VPN Client to connect to a BM VPN server?
If you do not know the software (for symbian mobile phones) see: http://businesssoftware.nokia.com/mobile_vpn_downloads.php This client seems to be very wide adaptable to different Ipsec VPN authentication and encryption methods. But I do not know which methods are implemented on the BM side, so I cannot judge from the documentation, if this can work or is clearly impossible. If it could be made working, that would be a really nice thing. -- W. Prindl W_, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has trigg...

Error connecting to VPN through VPN Client
Hi, I am running NW6.5 with BM3.8 and everytime I type in my server ip and the other options to login to the server through vpn with NMAS i get the error, "failed to connect to the authentication gateway either 19*.***.***.*** is an invalid server address or the authentication gateway is not loaded on the server" What is the usual cause of this? > Hi, > > I am running NW6.5 with BM3.8 and everytime I type in my server ip and the > other options to login to the server through vpn with NMAS i get the error, > > "failed to connect to the a...

windows7 VPN client blocks all other VPN
We have a strange situation at one of our customers. There is a C2S connection on a BM3.9 server. There are 2 PC running XP in the remote location. This setup runs properly since 2-3 years. Yesterday a new PC, Windows 7 ()32bit) was installed in the remote office. Tried to do VPN connection with VPN client 3.9.2 from the Windows & machine, but we got error (Failed to get DH public value). But after this the old XP machines were also unable to connect. After a server restart the windows XP machines are able to login again. 1)Is there any kind of defense mechanism in the BM ...

VPN Client
I have a Border Manager 3.7 server with a Site to Site and Client to Site VPN enabled. The VPN client can access all information of the WAN except for the site that is accross the Site to Site VPN. The client to site is configured to encrypt this network. From the internal network the remote site accross the VPN site to site works fine. Any help would be appreciated Rob C Rob, This is really working as designed. If you want a vpn client to access the other site, you'll need to enable client-site on the other BM server. -- Lance Reynolds, CNE &l...

VPN Client 3.8 behind Netgear Router VPN Server C2S behind Linux IPTABLES
I configured my vpn client behind a Netgear router in NAT modus. MY BM 3.8 C2S is running behind Linux IPTABLES in static NAT Modus. If configured my bm policies after the book from john craig (NMAS / PASSWORD/ NDS) If I connect from my VPN Client I get NMAS error "error authentication FFFF996" but nothing in nmasmon (ver 1.21) If I connect the client can read the name of Tree but then occured the error. The same error I get if I configure my vpn client in the same network like linux public interface and attach from there my BM about linux nat interface. Does any...

BM38 VPN Client to site can not login to the netware client without speficing a server to log into
using the Novell client 4.90.0.0 SP1a NMAS BM38 VPN Client BM3xvpn9 The VPN portion connects to the BM Server and Internal IP Addresses can be pinged, even an application on a privite side Windows server that does not require authinication can be run. There are entries for each privie side Netware 6.5 server in the client's HOST file. In the client to site VPN Setup Under the DNS/SLP tab there are enties for Privite side DNS Servers and a server running the SLPDA, I assume that servers just running SLP are not listed. The problem is the netware client can not see the...

Deleting 3rd Party S2S VPN Server Breaks Slave VPN Configuration For All Servers, eventually.
I thought I posted this weeks ago but after searching the forum I did not find it. So here is the issue and the Official Novell Fix. Setting up a 3rd Party VPN with BM 3.8.2 and NW 6.5.1. It worked great after it was setup. But if you went to delete a 3rd Party slave VPN server it may break another 3rd party slave. The only fix was to completely remove all servers from the Site to Site vpn configuration. Delete the Master site to site server. Create all new objects. Basically, recreate it all from scratch. Opened an incident with Novell and completed several tests and look...

Bordermanager vpn vs Cisco router vpn etc
I have a small client with a Novell 5.x server with about 35 clients, many of which are needing some sort of vpn access. Trying to figure out if it is easier to setup border manager for vpn access on the server or simply get a router that will provide vpn access. Which would be easier or more cost effective in this scenario over a dsl connection. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks Paul I guess it depends a lot on cost. Do you already have BMgr? (A copy that includes client-site VPN?) If so, just install that and configure it. As for using ...

Connect VPN client thru BM to another VPN
i, I have a problem connecting a client inside my network (10.x.x.x) using a CISCO VPN CLIENT. My firewall is a Bordermanager 3.6 SP2a server using NAT and I want to connect to other VPN server. How I have to configure the BM serfver to connect internal client to access others VPN server ????? Thanks in advance Jose hi Jose, let me understand. Are you trying to connect with a Cisco VPN client to a CIsco VPN server or to a BM VPN server? -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

S2S VPN bm38 and Cisco VPN concentrator 3000
Hello again, I need to make a Lan 2 Lan VPN between a CISCO VPN 3000 and bm3.8. I just recently upgraded from BM3.7 and has legacy VPN working, but no S2S enabled. I'm a bit confused about alle the settings in IManager and need a little guidance, can anyone help or point me to som "easy to read" checklist. I have bought Craig Johnson's 2 books, but haven't quite read all 1223 pages :-) regards Anders, Denmark In my book, the closest section would be the example for the Linksys router used as a S2S member. You want the very latest version, released...

Web resources about - MS VPN Client to BM38 VPN Server? - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Price Drop: MyAudioStream Pro UPnP audio player and streamer: gather your music collection from your ...
MyAudioStream Pro UPnP audio player and streamer: gather your music collection from your PC, NAS, UPnP servers, Windows Media Player or iTunes ...

Windows Server 2016 moving to per core, not per socket, licensing
Windows Server 2016, not likely to arrive until the second half of next year, is going to shake up the way Microsoft licenses its server operating ...

Intel Rising: Server Stronger Than Ever, Says JMP; Here Comes Apple?
... stock to Market Outperform from Market Perform, assigning a $45 price target, righting that the company will strengthen its hold on its server ...

Server shipments, vendor revenue go up in Q3 2015
In the third quarter of 2015, worldwide server shipments grew 9.2 percent from the third quarter of 2014, while vendor revenue increased 7.5 ...

Bloodborne servers taken down for 'emergency maintenance'
An exploit and other "serious issues" have been detected.

PR Guru Working For Clinton Server IT Firm Donated To Hillary’s Campaign
PR Guru Working For Clinton Server IT Firm Donated To Hillary’s Campaign

Quanta, Wiwynn see more orders from server clients for 2016
Quanta Computer and Wiwynn, a server subsidiary of Wistron, are expected to land more cloud server orders from their clients in 2016 as Internet ...

Server Files Sexual Harassment Complaint Against Pigalle Restaurant
... restaurant Pigalle is being accused of sexual harassment by a waitress , who says that management implied her jeans were "too much." The server ...

Hyper-V, PowerShell Top IT Pros' Windows Server 2016 Wish List
Container support is nice, but most IT pros are looking forward to Hyper-V virtualization updates and new PowerShell capabilities.