Microsoft VPN client Behind a BM 3.8

We've got a client that has some users that needs to run some apps
through a MS vpn connection,

They have a Firewall 1 and a BM server,
they have issues with the Firewall 1 and almost no support for it,
so,, they like us to help them get the users going out through the BM
3.8 instead..

Any ideas if it'll work..??,, and if so,, which exceptions should be
needed on the BM..??

I've got craigs books,, but,, havent found the relavant info there yet

THanks,

0
Emerson

MS VPN uses GRE encryption protocol.  GRE does not work through
Novell's NAT.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig
6/30/2004 6:32:13 AM
Thank's craig, saved med some unnecessary time wasted then,
actually tried by unloading the filters,, and it still didn't work..
so, sure,, typical MS....

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 06:32:13 GMT, Craig Johnson
<craigsj@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>MS VPN uses GRE encryption protocol.  GRE does not work through
>Novell's NAT.
>
>Craig Johnson
>Novell Support Connection SysOp
>*** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on
>BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Emerson

VPN 3.8 Client behind Netgear Router and BM 3.8 behind Linux IPTABLES
I ve configured my BM 3.8 Client behind my Netgear DSL Router (NAT). I ve configured my BM 3.8 SP1 Server behind Linux (IPTABLES NAT) not a filter problem. In this configuration I can do all at BM 3.8 server. I ve configured my BM entry policies from Craigs Johnsons book Authentication with NMAS (NDS). Now if I connect to BM server I got following NMAS error (error authentication gateway FFFFF996. The same error if I configure my vpm client in same network like my natted linux interface. I m not sure where I should look at first. I ve heard BM is running a linux na...

VPN Client 3.8 behind Netgear Router VPN Server C2S behind Linux IPTABLES
I configured my vpn client behind a Netgear router in NAT modus. MY BM 3.8 C2S is running behind Linux IPTABLES in static NAT Modus. If configured my bm policies after the book from john craig (NMAS / PASSWORD/ NDS) If I connect from my VPN Client I get NMAS error "error authentication FFFF996" but nothing in nmasmon (ver 1.21) If I connect the client can read the name of Tree but then occured the error. The same error I get if I configure my vpn client in the same network like linux public interface and attach from there my BM about linux nat interface. Does any...

BM 3.8 VPN Client Behind Firewall-1
Hi,, Got a customer running a BM 3.8 server, he needs to place out a PC at another site where they run Firewall-1, They have been trying to use the BM 3.8 VPN client from inside that network ( behind the firewall-1) to connect to the BM 3.8 server. No Luck.. Also, by phone,, I've been trying to help out by getting him to test a couple of our BM servers, 1 -BM3.7 and 1 - BM 3.8. No luck there either, Using the realtime monitor and aquire the detailed log from the BM 3.8 on our network does NOT reveal anything, no kind off traffic at all from him... Accordin...

Strange problem with VPN Client login to BM 3.8 behind NAT
I have a problem for a long time now. I need this to work. So anyone?! My setup: SBS 6.5 with BM 3.8SP2 s behind NAT(router - Efficient Speedstream 3950). I setp up C2S VPN on the BM with the public IP address as VPN IP. I set up VPN client everything seems OK. This is what I find: On the BM-server with VPN-Monitorting I see: AUTH Gateway : A connection was opened for a VPN Client at address <IP address of client> AUTH Gateway : Process NMAS request: NMAS authentication succesful VPN Control: VPN Client licenses have been acquired AUTH Gateway: VPN Client NMAS user ad...

VPN client 3.7 used to connect on BM 3.8
Hi, I need to know if it is possible to have the VPN client 3.7.1 and be able to connect on BorderManager 3.8 and received a local IP address and DNS resolution. Setup is on Nw6.5 sp1b, BM 3.8 sp1, VPN client 3.7.1 Thxs... no, you need the BM3.8 client (and the BM3.8 server) for that. -- Caterina Luppi Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Silent install VPN client 3.8.1 and 3.8.2 ResultCode=-3
When i do a silent install of the VPN client 3.8.2 the setup will crash within the installation. (halfway the silent install) The log file gives a ResultCode=-3. When i start the silent install for the second time everything is OK. [InstallShield Silent] Version=v6.00.000 File=Log File [ResponseResult] ResultCode=-3 [Application] Name=Novell BorderManager VPN Client Version=3.8.0 Company=Novell Lang=0009 Is there a solution for this problem? Michiel I ve found the problem. The problem is starting a silent install from a networkdrive. When the silent install runs t...

NBM 3.8 VPN Client to a Cisco VPN server
Where might I find detailed instruction on setting this up ? thanks ed There is some info here: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10090479.htm But I'm not sure it is complete. There was a thread on this here in the past couple of days, so you should search back a bit. Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com *** ...

BM 3.5 to BM 3.8 w/VPN
Bordermanager 3.5 server on Netware 5.1 providing firewall and proxy services for users on internal network. This box is also acting as the Master VPN server with multiple site-to-site VPN links to BM 3.5 slave servers. Primary Goal Replace the existing Bordermanager 3.5 master VPN server hardware with a new server running Bordermanager 3.8 on Netware 6.0. It is possible to have both servers online during migration. Must minimize disruption to firewall, proxy & VPN services. Secondary Goal: No changes (or minimial changes only) to the slave servers running BM 3.5. (T...

BM 3.8 sp3 client vpn
--____BAZQNVQFPRXDZZQQZJWK____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have users who want to able to surf the internet and be connected to our = VPN server at the same time. I remember in version 3.7, I would have the = option to choose which networks I wanted encrypted. In BM 3.8 I can't find = that option in iManager.=20 I know I must be encrypting all networks and I just can't turn this = feature off. Any help is always appreciated. --____BAZQNVQFPRXDZZQQZJWK____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="__...

BM 3.8 Client to Site VPN
During C2S VPN configuration I receive an "Unknown Error" setting "Address Pool" in the Default Service using iManager 2.0.2 from a Windows 2000 PC. For this reason I'm unable to configure my VPN Server : NW65 SP1 TCP : BM38 Companion CD Thanks in advance to anyone can help me Davide Davide Loi Microline Networks s.r.l. - Italy I assume you have tried this several times, rebooting the PC, etc? Have you tried from another PC? Is this the only place in the config (so far) that gives you an error? Craig Johnson Novell Support Conn...

Bordermanager VPN Client 3.8.4
Hi, I've downloaded the last version of Bordermanager VPN Client (3.8.4) and after install it and reboot my computer i can not launch it cause clnwin32.dll is missing. I've tried it in diferent computers and still the same. Is the file on the network corrupted? am i doing anything wrong? Thanks, Carlos. That just happens if i do not have the novell client installed on the workstation. do i need the novell client to make novell vpn client work? i think must be something wrong wit this new version of the vpn client. Carlos. We noticed that error message, too....

BM 3.8 VPN client login
Is there a way to login to the VPN tunnel from intial login instead of logging into windows as workstation only and then logging into vpn. It allows you to select a vpn profile instead of the default. corey > Is there a way to login to the VPN tunnel from intial login instead of > logging into windows as workstation only and then logging into vpn. > It allows you to select a vpn profile instead of the default. Once you logged in once, and if your NWclient "remembers" the settings, you should have a "login to netware" checkbox that you can check, this ...

BM 3.8 & Microsoft VPN
Hi anyone, is it possible to connect via VPN with the Microsoft builtin VPN client? We use certificates. I tried to import mine but when i try to launch the client it says "Failure 798: No certificate found that can be used with Extensible Authentication Protocol" (translated from german) Can anyone help ? Regards Stephan Stephan, > is it possible to connect via VPN with the Microsoft builtin VPN client? no, the MS client uses a proprietary MS protocol. -- Cat NSC Volunteer Sysop ...

BM upgrade to 3.8, vpn clients?
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I'm going to upgrade my BM3.7 server on NW6sp5 to 3.8 on NW65sp2. I = have several C-S VPN users running the bm37vpn4 client. Do I need to = upgrade the clients before the server upgrade, or is the server also = backward compatible with the 3.7 client? Thanks much. --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____" --____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windo...

Web resources about - Microsoft VPN client Behind a BM 3.8 - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message