legacy vpn + new vpn

Hi,

I am running a bordermanager nw6 3.7 server configured as a master vpn
server. The slave is also a nw6 3.7 server and is in another country.
Now we need to put another slave to this vpn, however w'd like to do that
with bordermanager 3.8.
The question is if we update this server from 3.7 to 3.8, will the legacy
vpn run without a problem, while 3.7 on the other side is running. (I think
this will be no problem, correct me if I am wrong)
On the other hand I want to configure a new master vpn on the same server by
use of imanager. The other slave will be the new company. Is this possible ?

regards,
Pieter

0
Pieter

Pieter

> The question is if we update this server from 3.7 to 3.8, will the legacy
> vpn run without a problem, while 3.7 on the other side is running. (I think
> this will be no problem, correct me if I am wrong)

yes, the lagacy VPN will still be working.

> On the other hand I want to configure a new master vpn on the same server by
> use of imanager. The other slave will be the new company. Is this possible ?

not sure I understand what you want to do here. Can you explain?
You cannot run TWO versions of BM on the same server, if this is what
you're asking, but if you're running BM3.8 you can have some servers
connected through the legacy VPN and some connected to the new VPN.
--
Caterina
Caterina

Bordermanager vpn vs Cisco router vpn etc
I have a small client with a Novell 5.x server with about 35 clients, many of which are needing some sort of vpn access. Trying to figure out if it is easier to setup border manager for vpn access on the server or simply get a router that will provide vpn access. Which would be easier or more cost effective in this scenario over a dsl connection. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks Paul I guess it depends a lot on cost. Do you already have BMgr? (A copy that includes client-site VPN?) If so, just install that and configure it. As for using ...

vpn to vpn connection question
Hello: I've been asked to look into a vpn to vpn connection with a third party vpn server connection to our bm38sp2 vpn. Last week I had asked if this was possible and the answer was yes (but). Currently I have our vpn up and running to allow me secure access from home for remote management. The vpn is setup as the master vpn server. Now, if I try to connect to a third party vpn, will our server be a client in this case (I assume so)? If so, how does this impact our current setup as a master server? Thanks in advance, Chris. PS. Others have suggested (strongly) to si...

VPN
Where might I find/configure a log of who connects to our VPN, whether or not they login to Netware once connected, etc. The login to Netware portion is relatively unimportant, but I would like to track basic information like remote IP, username, connect time, disconnect time, etc. Netware 6.5, BorderManager 3.8/SP4/IR3. Client is 3.8.11 for all remote users. We currently have two working VPNs - different servers, different OU's. TIA. -S- I don't know if this has changed in later versions of BM but this is how I monitor activity in BM 3.7. Open NWADM...

legacy + new vpn
Hi, I updated a bordermager 3.7sp3 vpnmaster server to a 3.8sp3 server. However vpmaster will not run anymore. So I read to take the startvpn. Because I want to check the config in nwadmn3 and some audit logs I was wondering how to do this? I allready took vpmaster of the 37sp3 server and that allowed me to check the config in nwadmin. However I am unable to acquire logs. In remote manager I can't access them (probably because it's running on nw6sp5?) Also the communication with the slave is ok, but shouldn't the migration put some info in the nds regarding the vp...

vpn
hi i setup my vpn connection i setup it on desktop pc and connected successfully i setup it on laptop(dell inspiron 1520) as like as my desktop and connected but i didn't have any receive what can i do? -- morteza13581358 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I am not entirely sure what you are trying to get at. What kind of VPN did you try to set up? Is this Vpn on your local computer or in a remote location? -- ghostwind ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ghostwind's Profi...

vpn
pcanywhere?!?!?! what kind of encryption does that do? not much AFAIK best to use something that encrypts the traffic I have an SME server (e-smith.org Linux) on my cable modem that is my firewall, webserver, email server, router, NAT, etc.... Been using for years, no problems, very secure. The SME has pptp VPN (128bit) built in. works like a charm, (not as secure as 3DES) I routinely nmap my home server and my work server running checkpoint and my home server gets a higher difficulty rating, much higher, FWIW. you could then use pcanywhere thru the tunnel, this is how I ssh into...

VPN
I am about to install VPN services with BorderManager 3.8 and have been reading some of the documentation. Can someone please explain to me the concept of tunneling and it's implementation with BM as this seems to be one of steps to setting up VPN. Any help is appreciated, as this concept is very new to me. Cheers, hi, tunneling is a process for which IP packets are encapsulated within some other protocol at one end of the VPN (like a wrapping that hides a gift, so the recipient cannot tell what's inside), transmitted over the internet to the other end of the VP...

VPN
I am using a Sonicwall for VPN connectivity. We are using NetWare 6.5. Can someone please point me to a TID that will explain all the necessary things I need to do to get my remote client to connect to the NetWare servers. Border Manager is NOT being used at all in this environment. thanks On 5/17/2005 dlorenzen@vtg.biz wrote: > I am using a Sonicwall for VPN connectivity. We are using NetWare 6.5. > Can someone please point me to a TID that will explain all the necessary > things I need to do to get my remote client to connect to the NetWare > servers...

VPN
We are currently using a Cisco VPN 5001 concentrator authenticating to a Cisco Secure Radius Server. I do not manage this hardware/software. I authenticate just fine to the organization itself but as in any organization, the organization spans multiple subnets, networks, etc. The dilemma I am having is logging into my server once I get authenticated. I have a Novell client installed but I cannot login to the server because it does not find it -- here I'm listing the server name, server tree and context. I've also tried mapping drives to the server by IP addres...

VPN
I have BM 3.7, I can authenticate, but can't log in to Netware "Tree or server can't be found". Thank you Craig If you add an entry for the server to your local HOSTS file, does it work? -- Lance Reynolds, CNE I can use VPN fine when I connect to BM from the same subnet(I have a switch on the public side with a test box), however when I try from dialin or on broadband/ADSL from another subnet I get tree or server can not be found. At the moment we are only using BM for VPN. Thank you Cheers Craig Craig, Ok, but the pro...

VPN
If I'm using VPN on an unsecured wireless connection can someone see my files if I have file sharing on? It depends on the VPN service, if you are using the Standard Sharing Ports & they are not Encrypted Everyone can see all your files & gain access to them. Check the information on the VPN Service First! "lbc" <ghost@whatever.com> wrote in message news:dlv8cv$8eh$1@news.grc.com... > If I'm using VPN on an unsecured wireless connection can someone see my > files if I have file sharing on? > > ...

vpn
hi i setup dsl connection on my laptop but i can't use it via kinternet kinternet don't show it what can i do? :( -- morteza13581358 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please see my post here. 'Bryan 手札 &#8212; 生活記趣 � Opensuse information' (http://lifestory.moqin.com/?cat=344) It will be able to help you. -- Regards, Bryan Yu http://lifestory.moqin.com/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ df6269's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=7...

Removing Legacy VPN Server Configuration: Does this harm current VPN setup of BM3.8.5?
Hello, on 2 BM Slave S2S + C2S servers I have the problem, that routing information gets messed up each time VPN gets initialized (startvpn, startbrd), a reinitialize system doesn't harm. one of them has "respawning" obsolete network routes, those I overlayed with same network, gy=<ip-of-default-gy> The other one is just the opposite: newly added network routes dissappear. Both of them were also used for SKIP C2S dialin, that's not used any more. Craig mentioned, that there might be the possiblity, that bogus info in the legacy VPN part might be the...

Connecting to SSL VPN through a PPTP VPN
Hi This may seem a weird question... I'm on a Mac (OS X 10.4.8), and when at Uni, I connect to their wireless network using a VPN (PPTP). When connected, the network only allows network access through a proxy on port 8080. Hence, I cannot check email or connect to IM services and so on. I have a SSL VPN account setup with HotSpotVPN2 [1], so I figured I could connect to the Uni VPN, then connect to the HotSpotVPN. But, when I tried HotSpotVPN would never connect. [1] <http://www.hotspotvpn.com> Is it possible for me to do this? What am I doing wrong? ...

Web resources about - legacy vpn + new vpn - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
but optimized for older, less powerful hardware . It was released on July 8, 2006. Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs is not marketed as a full-fledged ...

Maradona's (other) legacy
Diego Maradona's heroics in the 1986 FIFA World Cup will no doubt live on in soccer history. His controversial Hand of God goal was the first ...

Is Facebook Sacrificing Its Legacy of Privacy for an Open Future?
Last week, Facebook launched a major initiative geared towards getting users to share more information more openly. In the few days since, many ...

Legacy.com (@LegacyObits) on Twitter

Why a Successful Transition is a Great Legacy
As you’ll know from my earlier posts, I firmly believe in following your intuition, especially in relation to the most important decisions in ...

Raiden Legacy for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch ...
Get Raiden Legacy on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Brisbane western suburbs buses to go through Legacy Way tunnel: BCC
Buses from Brisbane's western suburbs will run through the Legacy Way tunnel from January saving thousands of commuters up to 13 minutes.

AMD Moves Radeon HD 5000 & 6000 Series to Legacy Status
... new page on their driver site announcing that video cards based on the company’s pre-Graphics Core Next architectures have been moved to legacy ...

StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void review: Your last, best chance
... In-game and out, the scope was so much smaller and the plot much more affecting for it. If you must know what's happening going into Legacy ...

The real legacy of Apple Pay
... it a reality. And now in retrospect we consumers, as well as payment services providers all believe in the concept. This is the real legacy ...