Latest VPN client for BM 3.6 + XP/SP1

I have the VPN folder from PUBLIC/BRDRMGR on my BM server.  I need to
setup a client on a laptop, XP/Pro w/ SP1.  Anything newer I need to
pull down or any other words of wisdom I should heed before I attempt
this?

TIA.

-S-

0
Steve

Update: After posting this, I saw a 3.6/3.7 VPN client on Novell's
site.  I've downloaded it, installed it, and made a first VPN
connection.

-S-

Steve Freides wrote:

> I have the VPN folder from PUBLIC/BRDRMGR on my BM server.  I need
> setup a client on a laptop, XP/Pro w/ SP1.  Anything newer I need to

> pull down or any other words of wisdom I should heed before I
attempt
> this?
>
> TIA.
>
> -S-

0
Steve
4/17/2003 6:50:57 PM
Awesome!  Way to go dude.

--
Lance Reynolds, CNE
Using XanaNews 1.14.3.7

0
Lance

Problems with latest VPN client (to site) on XP/SP1 and BM 3.6
VPN client won't make the connection to the BM server. Info: Client : Windows XP, SP 1 VPN client: 3.7.0, downloaded and installed a week or two ago. Server : SPACK 5.1.4 v4.0 Support Pack for NetWare 5.1 BM : BM36SP 3.6.1A BorderManager 3.6 Support Pack 1A BRDRMGR 3.5.0 Novell BorderManager 3.6.0 Connection: Cable modem Other: The workstation is a Panasonic Toughbook laptop and seems to require IPCONFIG /RELEASE, IPCONFIG /RENEW when we connect it to the cable modem. No router/hub at the remote location. After these, ...

BM 3.6 + VPN Client 3.7 + NAT + private ipaddress
Hallo, i've a new vodaphone D2 PCMCIA Data Connect Card ( Germany ) to dial into Internet over VPN-Client to my BM server. It work, but i cannot ping hosts in my private network. Over the provider i became also private ipaddresses ( 10.x.x.x ), so this addresses could not route over the BM !!! Had anyone an idea, if it is possible to route private ip addresses in VPN-Client to private ip addresses to bm ? Or, is it possible to give the vpn-client a second ipaddress from my private network ? How is the way to configure my bm + vpn client to get it to work ??? Or is t...

VPN thru BM 3.6 t oW2K VPN
--____NKHXHHECQEOVYUGORWTG____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Is it possible to create a VPN from a W2k-machine to a W2K-Server in the = Internet from a NAT-Network across Bordermanager ? Greetings Uwe --____NKHXHHECQEOVYUGORWTG____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____HOHDEQRUFCFDMNBJPEJB____" --____HOHDEQRUFCFDMNBJPEJB____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&qu...

BM 3.8 VPN Client on Windows XP
Hi there, i've got a exact 3 min delay connecting from windows xp sp2 to bm38 with NW client 4.91 and nmas disabled ... the negotiating and authenticating flashed and after 03:02 the connection establishes ... Any suggstions ? Thanks Wolfgang Does this only happen on one particular PC? Are you trying to log into NetWare as part of the VPN connection? If so, disable that, and log in afterward with Client32. Any faster that way? Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on BorderManager, go to http://w...

Terminalserver Client through BM 3.6 VPN not working
Customer is using VPN 3.6 Client to Side VPN, Groupwise Acces works fine, Pcanywhere as well, but Terminal Server Clients are not getting through, although routing seems to be ok. Some times, it worked, bust most times, it does not. The only message at the client is "Terminalserver has disconnected the session". Any ideas, what needs to be checked / done for this one? Thanks J�rgen Blessing jblessing.N.0.spam@myrealbox.com Can you ping the terminal server IP address from the VPN client? -- Caterina Luppi Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Windows XP and Bordermanager 3.7 VPN client
Hi, Seems to be able to get things to work through my ISP at work (using Windows 98), however Windows XP has worked ONLY once so far. Get IP connection fine (infact can even telnet and ping internal servers), however Netware login never works and hangs up with a "No tree or server found" error. When connection is established it says its an IPX call, (IPX tunnel is on), altough I think it should be IP only, what the heck it connects, I can fix that later. However even with every IPX option turned on on all network interfaces, the IPX box is still grayed out in the...

VPN 3.6 slave to VPN 3.8 master
I have more or less gone through what I could to set this up. I exported the BM 3.8 master encryption key (minfo.vpn) and imported that to the BM 3.6 slave without any issue. I then created the slave (sinfo.vpn) file. I had setup the vpn tunnel ip's as 192.168.10.1 and when these were both masters, clients could access either one perfectly. We know the VPN's work. I changed 1 to a slave, but I halted what I was doing as I noted that the master and slave networks both are using 192.168.0.x for the private IP's. Questions: 1. Can a 3.6 slave talk to a 3.8 master?...

3rd Party VPN client to site thru BM 3.6
We do not use VPN and have a BM 3.6 Server at our internet connection point. There is a vendor coming for a presentation that requires the salesperson to establish a VPN to their server through our BM 3.6 server. Their specs call for UDP traffic to pass over ports UDP:500, UDP:1000, and protocol 50 & 51 (IPSEC). I can set up the UDP packet exceptions but am stymied by the Protocol 50 & 51 requirements. Can this be done for them with our current configuration? If so, any pointers would be appreciated. JohnW hi, no, it can't be done. The NAT portion of the se...

BM 3.6 VPN C/S WinXP DSL, NAT on client
Hi, I'm using BM 3.7.4 client+NW490client on a WinXP box over NAT on DSL. I can get the VPN client to connect but can't ping anything internal or login to the LAN unless I put in a filter exception to allow all inbound traffic from the (external, not NATed) IP of the client. Once I add that exception everything works fine but of course I don't want to leave this exception in. I don't have this problem on a Win2k box with the same clients over cable with no NAT. I can connect and login without incident from that box. What can I do to make that WinXP over NAT wor...

VPN client Microsoft L2TP/IPsec thru BM 3.5 sp1
I have installed Microsoft L2TP/IPsec client on a WIN98se client which is protected by my BM3.5 sp1 firewall. BM connects thru a CISCO 2611xm router to the internet on 2 T1 circuits. I have a WIN2000 Server setup outside BM configured as a VPN server. From outside BM, I can connect to WIN2K VPN server using the above client VPN software, but cannot behind BM. I get a 629 error (dial-up networking was unable to complete the connection) when trying to go out thru BM to the VPN server. Even with BM filters off, connection cannot be made to outside VPN server. I have read alot...

Setting Up VPN Client-to-Site in BM 3.8sp2 on NSBS 6.0.5
I've been lurking the last few days trying to figure out how to set up VPN services for our BM3.8sp2/NW6.0.5 system to allow wireless users (within our building) to access our network directly. Right now, I have a Linksys WRV54G wireless VPN router sitting outside our firewall (BM server) which is also used to connect to our cable modem for regular internet access. My "public" IP network is 192.168.10.0 and our private network is 192.168.1.0 (NAT'ed by BM.) From what I've read, NIASCFG can't be used to setup the VPN services in BM3.8, and this matches my e...

BM VPN client 3.9.3 and power user
Hello I would like to use VPN client 3.9.3 on Windows XP SP on power user account, but when I run vpnlogin.exe then nothing happens. The user has got full rights for registry HKLM\Software\Novell\VPN\Current folder but the client still not working. One thing is interesting for me, client version 3.8.16, 3.9.0 works fine on power user account but client version 3.9.2, 3.9.3 not. Why? Where is the problem and how to fix it? Regards Pawel In article <1ysGn.7262$N74.1779@kovat.provo.novell.com>, Katoh wrote: > I would like to use VPN client 3.9.3 on Windows XP SP on ...

VPN problem after upgrade BM 3.6 to 3.7
Hello, I used BM 3.6 on NetWare 5.0+SP6a. A month ago I have migrated across-the- wire my BM services to new machine with NetWare 6. I applied SP3 for NetWare and made in-place upgrade on BorderManager to version 3.7 and applied SP2 for BM. Nothing was changed with the configuration. With my previous verion of NetWare and BM I had VPN connection site-to site with my company's branch office and also client-to-site for users who needs to connect the notwork via modems. Everything worked fine untill upgrade BM. I tried to workaround this problem: I removed all prev...

VPN client 3.7 used to connect on BM 3.8
Hi, I need to know if it is possible to have the VPN client 3.7.1 and be able to connect on BorderManager 3.8 and received a local IP address and DNS resolution. Setup is on Nw6.5 sp1b, BM 3.8 sp1, VPN client 3.7.1 Thxs... no, you need the BM3.8 client (and the BM3.8 server) for that. -- Caterina Luppi Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...