Is BorderManager required for VPN access

We run a mixed 4.2/5.1 network and are looking at installing a mail
and
internet proxy server. This server is VPN enabled supporting both PPTP
and
IP-sec. We require remote clients using XP systems to log in to the
network.

Do I need Border Manager to achieve this ?
If not, what would the client systems use to make a connection ?

0
davidhls

> We run a mixed 4.2/5.1 network and are looking at installing a mail
and
> internet proxy server. This server is VPN enabled supporting both
PPTP and
> IP-sec. We require remote clients using XP systems to log in to the

> network.
>
> Do I need Border Manager to achieve this ?

Not if the other server provides it.

> If not, what would the client systems use to make a connection ?

A third party IPSec client or the native windows PPTP stuff.

--

Andy Thompson
Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp

0
Andy