IKE?

We currently have BorderManeger 3.6 Enterprise, however it does not
support IKE. Can anyone tell me if any later versions support it?

0
MikeP

MikeP@hotmail.com wrote:
> We currently have BorderManeger 3.6 Enterprise, however it does not

> support IKE. Can anyone tell me if any later versions support it?

3.8 will support it, due out later this year.

--

Andy Thompson
Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp

0
Andy
2/10/2003 8:16:44 PM
> MikeP@hotmail.com wrote:
> > We currently have BorderManeger 3.6 Enterprise, however it does
not
> > support IKE. Can anyone tell me if any later versions support it?
>
> 3.8 will support it, due out later this year.
>
> --
>
> Andy Thompson
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp
> (No email support, thanks.)

You have to be kidding me?, 3.7 does support it either. So basically I

can't pass IKE through my firewall............

0
mikep
2/10/2003 8:32:47 PM
You want to connect a BMgr server to an IKE VPN server, or connect
some
other VPN through a NetWare packet filtering / NAT connection?

What other VPN is involved here?

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://nscsysop.hypermart.net ***

0
Craig
2/11/2003 3:42:36 AM
I have someone who needs to VPN through a bordermanager server to a
Netview server using IKE?

 You want to connect a BMgr server to an IKE VPN server, or connect
some
> other VPN through a NetWare packet filtering / NAT connection?
>
> What other VPN is involved here?
>
> Craig Johnson
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on
> BorderManager, go to http://nscsysop.hypermart.net ***

0
mikep
2/11/2003 2:41:12 PM
In article <cY72a.666$Zx6.5@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>,  wrote:
> I have someone who needs to VPN through a bordermanager server to a

> Netview server using IKE?

The components that may (or may not) cause you issues here are
filtering and NAT.

UNLOAD IPFLT and test.  If it works, you need to set up some filter
exceptions, and they will be easy enough to figure out.

If it doesn't work, you may have a VPN that does not work through
Novell's NAT, for some reason.   Assuming you have to use NAT because

you are trying to connect from a private IP address.   If so, you
might
have a wee better chance by trying static NAT instead of dynamic,
though I doubt it.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://nscsysop.hypermart.net ***

0
Craig

Bordermanager vpn vs Cisco router vpn etc
I have a small client with a Novell 5.x server with about 35 clients, many of which are needing some sort of vpn access. Trying to figure out if it is easier to setup border manager for vpn access on the server or simply get a router that will provide vpn access. Which would be easier or more cost effective in this scenario over a dsl connection. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks Paul I guess it depends a lot on cost. Do you already have BMgr? (A copy that includes client-site VPN?) If so, just install that and configure it. As for using ...

BorderManager VPN
Hi, I have a customer who is looking for a VPN solution (No more details yet...) Anyhow they have Border Manager 3.8 for proxy. However another site of theirs uses ISA. I know very little about either products. and would like to know peoples views? is BM a good product for VPN, are their better 3rd Party products? Thanks Hi, I use BM vpns all over the place & rate them highly. The 3.8 release was a major step forward as we now use the ipsec standard for site to site transport & can now talk to any other industry standard ipsec vpn endpoint. Client to...

One VPN client cannot connect: message: IKE is not loaded on the VPN server
While connecting a VPN client I can see that it is trying to connect. After a while the client reports: VPN login: An error was reported by the IKE application Either xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is an invalid VPN server address or the IKE is not loaded on the VPN server. For more details please look at IKE log. Other clients are working fine so it's not a server problem. When I look at the Bordermanager activity log I can see the following: 08/10/2007 03:11:56 PM AUTH Gateway Connection closed for the VPN client at address 80.126.177.252. 08/10/2007 03:11:56 PM AUTH Gateway VPN cli...

Benchmarking a BorderManager VPN...
--____XDOTROKQSUJRQFYJWINU____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone out there have any idea how I would go about benchmarking the = throughput of our BorderManager 3.7/3.8 VPN. Management wants me to tell = them that we are getting X Mbps and I'm not sure where to start.... Help!! ________________________________________ Delon E. Weuve Senior Network Engineer Office of Auditor of State State of Iowa --____XDOTROKQSUJRQFYJWINU____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____HFXNIMBLIAEDNLJKYOM...

bordermanager vpn issue
Hi there. background is that we have 3 netware 6.5 sp6 servers. A bordermanager , mail and file/print server. there was a problem recently with the bordermanager server ( version 3.8sp5) which resulted in server having to be reloaded. the server was removed from the tree along with all certificates etc.. and reinstalled as was bordermanager. The sys volume was restored from tape but there was no configuration of bordermanager when restore was done. Is there any way of restoring this configuration (it was configured previously with client to site) from a tape backup. Thanks Fr...

VPN/Bordermanager on Vista
Hi I have a huge problem, due to the new Vista. We have always been running Xp on all workstations but now the time has come where we will get Vista on all workstation in the furture. My problem is to get connected via Bordermanager/Novell Client to our VPN which is a Bordermanager.....It do not work... Do anybody know how it could be working or what I can do to make a solution, if only temporarely???? Please help...need it bad!!! HI, Thomas Lintrup wrote: > > My problem is to get connected via Bordermanager/Novell Client to our VPN > which is a Borderma...

vpn problems over ike
Hi, Can anyone help as I'm something of a BM newbie. Connecting from home to office get the following message: Either %s is an invalid VPN server address or the IKE is not loaded on the VPN server. For more details please look at IKE log When I check the ike.log in sys:\etc\ike or the IKE screen it just states certificate messages read trusted root cert file .... If I look at VPN monitoring in NRM the log reports the following, i have replaced my address with x.x.x.x: 08/27/2004 02:15:06 PM AUTH Gateway Connection closed for the VPN client at address x.x.x.x. 08/...

Setting up a VPN with BorderManager
Happy new year! I hope you can provide some help or direction on the following issue I have. I support several Novell servers at a public library. There are three servers (NetWare 5, 5.1 and 6) at the Main branch and two other servers (NetWare 5.1) at two smaller branches (one at each branch). The servers at the branches used to communicate with the servers at the Main branch (and vice versa) via IPX over dedicated phone lines. However, a few months after I started working here, the dedicated phone lines were removed. Now the servers are unable to communicate. This has c...

Bordermanager only solution for VPN?
Is bordermanager the only soulution novell has for a VPN? Or is something new on the horizon? Neil Kaufenberg wrote: > Is bordermanager the only soulution novell has for a VPN? Or is > something new on the horizon? Novell is currently marketing Novell Security Manager, powered by Astaro http://www.novell.com/products/securitymanager/ It is a linux-based firewall, VPN, proxy etc. While no official announcements have been made that I'm aware of, the rumor is that future versions will contain the missing parts that make BM special, and it is the future platform for an...

VPN Slave IKE-troubles
We have a VPN-Slave server (BM 3.8 Sp2). he can establish his VPN S2S Connetions. We have biuld a Image of a working release. But we when we boot this mashine, it can't establish the tunnel afterward. When we setup the image (portlock really helps...) again, the vpn is working again. What the hell, allways imaging. Does anybody has solution therefore ? Beat Brunner hi Beat, I'm not sure I understand the sequence of the operations you're doing. Are you imaging a server that has an established connection but when you restore the image isn't working? or...? ...

W2K-VPN behind Bordermanager
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi together, one of our customer wants to create a VPN-Connection with W2K-VPN , but = his machine is behind BM 3.8 and NAT'ed . The connections comes up until "Verify = username and password" and then it failes. Is it possible to connect with W2K-VPN thru Bordermanager 3.8 ? I tried a static NAT too but nothing changed. I unloaded ipfilt but ... Thanks, Uwe --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="___...

Ike problem on C2S VPN
Hi, I am having problems establishing client to site connections. The following is the ike log. Any help would be appreciated. 10-23-2006 08:45:22 PM Created thread for SendKeepAlivePacketProcess 10-23-2006 08:45:22 PM Start IPSEC SA 00a26170 - Initiator****totSA=1 10-23-2006 08:45:22 PM src from IPsec 10-23-2006 08:45:22 PM 00000000 ac1b83d3 10-23-2006 08:45:22 PM dst from IPsec 10-23-2006 08:45:22 PM 00000000 c40ddc14 10-23-2006 08:45:22 PM Start IKE-SA 00a29100 - Initiator,src=172.27.131.211,dst=196.13.220.20,TotSA=1 10-23-2006 08:45:22 PM AUTH ALG IS 1 10-23-2006 0...

Bordermanager VPN Client and Linux
Hello, has anyone tried to connect with the Bordermanager VPN Client to a Linux VPN Gateway? Could anyone give me a hint? I try it since 3 days. Thanks to everyone In article <662b3276.0408050404.5c96b3ab@posting.google.com>, Arndt wrote: > has anyone tried to connect with the Bordermanager VPN Client to a > Linux VPN Gateway? Could anyone give me a hint? I try it since 3 days. > I think I tried it a few months ago, but did not spend much time. Are you trying certificate mode or preshared key? Either should work, but I agree that it could take a lot of trying...

VPN config for IKE mode
Hello, I recently upgraded my BM3.7 to BM3.8 and my C2S works in legacy mode, and now i would like to make the shift to Ike mode. What do i have to do in order for this to work ? I installed the newest VPN client for 3.8, and has the option to use: Bacward compatbility, Nmas (with LDAP), Certificates and Preshared key. Which one should i use, and how should i configure my VPN server rules ? regards Anders Sekkelund, Denmark hi Anders, the 3.8 VPN is configured in imanager. It's quite of a steep leaning curve compared to 3.7. I suggest you read the documentation q...

C2S VPN IKE NMAS
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 005519D680256F10_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Hi, We have a BM 3.8 SP2 server on NW 6.5 SP2 running for C2S VPN connections only, but we are having problems with some users connecting using NMAS mode. If a user dials up to the internet, or uses an ADSL connection, the VPN will connect with no problems. If the same user then tries to connect to the server using a PCMCIA 3G wireless card (3G or GPRS dependant on signal strength ) it finds the server but then times out after a few minut...

Web resources about - IKE? - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Galveston Store / Hurricane Ike Book
My The Galveston Store Email: Password: My Shopping Cart Home About Us Contact Us Privacy Statement Featured Products Ike: Stories of the Storm ...

Joy Ike
6.20.12 Hey folks! We…as in myself, Jason, and Ryan…have just finished tracking all the bass and drums for the album in Brooklyn! Yes! This is ...

Rev. Ike Ministries: Bible-based Mind Science Techniques for manifesting health, happiness and prosperity ...
Rev. Ike teaches you how to use the amazing power of your thoughts and beliefs to create the good you desire! Sign up for 3 FREE gifts including ...

IKE EICHNER » Republican For U.S. House of Representatives 6th District In Washington
IKE EICHNER would work for a balanced budget within years rather than decades while honoring our commitments to our elderly and our veterans. ...

Ike Skelton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Isaac Newton "Ike" Skelton IV (December 20, 1931 – October 28, 2013) was an American politician who was the U.S. Representative for Missouri's ...

Mike and Ike
Well, at least I can give my eyes a rest. There is nothing more disorienting than staring into flashing bulbs, which is what I’ve done for years ...

Ike Morgan (@IkeMorgan) on Twitter
Web/mobile producer for Alabama Media Group and @aldotcom . I'm from the Florida Panhandle and work in Birmingham.

Hurricane Ike on Life with PlayStation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/17/start-your-%e2%80%9cli...

Rev. Ike: "Sanctify your mind for money!" - YouTube
Your subconscious attitude toward money will draw money to you, or kick it away from you. Join Rev. Ike in this cleansing treatment and release ...

Ike's Rack Shack at The Beaufort
Theming a restaurant is dangerous: it's easy to tip into try-hard kitsch. But Ike's Rack Shack does it right, recreating a Texan barbecue joint ...