How to force user to login using VPN connection/client

Dear All,

I have installed BM 3.7 SP1 on NW6SP2 server. I've already configured
VPN.
I want to know is't possible to force user to login using VPN
connection/client , if it is possible , maybe you guys can give some
advice how to configure it.

Thanks

Eddy

0
novellhood

If you check your Security container ( look under root ) you should
find a
login policy object , that has settings that allow you to mandate or
require
certain conditions  to log in ... take a look and see if that helps.

0
Incognito

Error connecting to VPN through VPN Client
Hi, I am running NW6.5 with BM3.8 and everytime I type in my server ip and the other options to login to the server through vpn with NMAS i get the error, "failed to connect to the authentication gateway either 19*.***.***.*** is an invalid server address or the authentication gateway is not loaded on the server" What is the usual cause of this? > Hi, > > I am running NW6.5 with BM3.8 and everytime I type in my server ip and the > other options to login to the server through vpn with NMAS i get the error, > > "failed to connect to the a...

VPN client connects No login
Client on Public side Connects to VPN but can't login Sends Encrypted IP but only recieves unencrypted Inject Key for Inbound failed = 1426 Inject Key for Outbound failed = 1426 If I use a Static SLP I only get both Inbound and Inbound Inject key erros If I dont use it I get a NICI version mismatch error (NICI version are the same) NW51SP7 BM3.5SP3 206.48.103.115/28 Public (Static & Dynamic NAT) 172.16.20.10/24 Private 192.168.10.10 VPTunnel NAT Are you trying to connect to the VPN Server itself or to another server inside your LAN? If you're trying to connect to ...

Connect VPN client thru BM to another VPN
i, I have a problem connecting a client inside my network (10.x.x.x) using a CISCO VPN CLIENT. My firewall is a Bordermanager 3.6 SP2a server using NAT and I want to connect to other VPN server. How I have to configure the BM serfver to connect internal client to access others VPN server ????? Thanks in advance Jose hi Jose, let me understand. Are you trying to connect with a Cisco VPN client to a CIsco VPN server or to a BM VPN server? -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

VPN C2S using Cisco VPN Client to BM38...
Has anyone got the Cisco VPN Client successfully connecting to a BM38 server? Is so, is there an Appnote like for S2S using BM38 to Cisco IOS... I have seen quite a few posts about this subject by no real positive stuff like....I've got it working!! Cheers, Richard. Hello Richard, i'm only know two tid's from novell discribe this problem, but i dosn't know someone how get it work ;-) S2S Cisco and BM: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10090479.htm C2S Cisco to BM http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/1009543...

VPN Tunnel Connects, WinXP Client Logs in, Win 98 Client can't Login
I am running a BordermManager 3.7 Server with Support Pack 3, Netware 6.0 with support pack 4. I set up our VPN yesterday. The BorderManager Server is the Master Server - Windows XP can login to the Novell network just fine. However on a Windows 98 Machine, the tunnel connection is made, and then you cannot ping any of the servers nor can you login to the network. Thanks, Charlie Yeager Director of Technology NICE Community Schools Ishpeming, MI 49849 hi, does the win98 machine have the IP stack bound to the NW client? Does it have another communication device active whil...

VPN Client jumps back to VPN tab when trying to connect
I've got a BM3.8Sp2 server (running on NW6.5SP2) set-up with client to site VPN. A while ago it was working fine. I've now tried to use it in anger, and whenever I click the connet button in the VPN client, the client thinks for a second or so, and then jumps back to the VPN tab. WHere do I start if troubleshooting or fixing this ? Thanks GTG Gordon, I wonder if something got removed or corrupted in the client. I'd try to uninstall/reinstall the client component... -- Caterina Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Caterina Luppi wrote: > Gordo...

One VPN client cannot connect: message: IKE is not loaded on the VPN server
While connecting a VPN client I can see that it is trying to connect. After a while the client reports: VPN login: An error was reported by the IKE application Either xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is an invalid VPN server address or the IKE is not loaded on the VPN server. For more details please look at IKE log. Other clients are working fine so it's not a server problem. When I look at the Bordermanager activity log I can see the following: 08/10/2007 03:11:56 PM AUTH Gateway Connection closed for the VPN client at address 80.126.177.252. 08/10/2007 03:11:56 PM AUTH Gateway VPN cli...

Spontaneous reboots using bordermanager VPN client
Hi, While using the bordermanager VPN client om my system (HP pavillion T3285, AMD64 X2 3800+) I occasionally get a reboot of my system. In the event log I can find the information that system error 000000b8 occurred. Is this a known issue ? perhaps an issue with dual core processors ? When I do not use the VPN client the system error never happens. Any ideas / how to start troubleshooting. I Do have a minidump of the situation in case anyone can interpret this ? Kind regards, Hen Hen, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your ...

BorderManager
Hi, I have a problem with my VPN-Client-to-site access when trying to connect to the server over an existing DialUp-Connection to an internet service provider. Connection seems to be successful, as I can see the resolved server name and the tree name in the VPN-Login-Dialog. But then, I get an error messeage "Error in user authentification. vptunnel driver has returned an error." I have this problem with each username, I tried. But when my colleague tries the same with one of these users, he succeeds ?!? What could be the reason for my problems. I use VPN-Client 3...

vpn to vpn connection question
Hello: I've been asked to look into a vpn to vpn connection with a third party vpn server connection to our bm38sp2 vpn. Last week I had asked if this was possible and the answer was yes (but). Currently I have our vpn up and running to allow me secure access from home for remote management. The vpn is setup as the master vpn server. Now, if I try to connect to a third party vpn, will our server be a client in this case (I assume so)? If so, how does this impact our current setup as a master server? Thanks in advance, Chris. PS. Others have suggested (strongly) to si...

Did anybody try to get Nokia Mobile VPN Client to connect to a BM VPN server?
If you do not know the software (for symbian mobile phones) see: http://businesssoftware.nokia.com/mobile_vpn_downloads.php This client seems to be very wide adaptable to different Ipsec VPN authentication and encryption methods. But I do not know which methods are implemented on the BM side, so I cannot judge from the documentation, if this can work or is clearly impossible. If it could be made working, that would be a really nice thing. -- W. Prindl W_, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has trigg...

VPN client 3.7 used to connect on BM 3.8
Hi, I need to know if it is possible to have the VPN client 3.7.1 and be able to connect on BorderManager 3.8 and received a local IP address and DNS resolution. Setup is on Nw6.5 sp1b, BM 3.8 sp1, VPN client 3.7.1 Thxs... no, you need the BM3.8 client (and the BM3.8 server) for that. -- Caterina Luppi Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

CAn you use the Microsoft VPN client to connect to BM 3.7
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 0000D066CA256D67_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Hi All, I have a BM 3.7 server with VPN services , all runs very well : ) I have several clients who want to access the VPN using the Microsoft builtin VPN client rather than installing the Novell VPN client , is this possible and if so any tips for getting it to work Thanks --=_alternative 0000D066CA256D67_= Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" <br><font size=1 face="sans-serif">Hi All, I have ...

Bordermanager VPN client AND iFolder 2 client
Hello, We have always given our laptop users the Novell BorderManager VPN client (WinXP Pro)to access various services. We now have iFolder 2.1 available to them. However, when they install the iFolder client, on reboot, they are informed that a problem has occured with the installion the iFolder client and to retry the install. This doesn't get resolved. Is it possible to run both?. I know the VPN client is not required for remote access to iFolder, however, our users need the VPN client to access other services. Rgds. Stan Chelchowski Hi, stanch@**.co.uk wrote: &...

Web resources about - How to force user to login using VPN connection/client - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Kings Cross identities arrested in connection with murder
Two Kings Cross identities&nbsp;have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man at Sydney hotel.

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder
Italian media agency reports that a non-EU male has been arrested in the murder of the 35-year-old American

Toyota and Kymeta rely on satellites to power this Mirai's data connection
They're hoping to achieve gigabit wireless speeds within the next few years.

Star Wars Rebels Trailer Reveals Force Awakens Connection - Collider
The new extended trailer for the mid-season premiere of the Disney XD animated series Star Wars Rebels reveals a huge connection to The Force ...