External DNS - Internal DNS

we are having the following 2 issues:

1 - After we connect to the Bordermanger 3.8 vpn server we are unable to
acces any Internat WWW sites or ping any Internat sites - but we can ping an
access all internal sites.

2 - we do have dns configured in IManager to send out DNS info to the VPN
client - BUT we are ubable to ping internal servers by name only by ip..

please help

Menachem Kain

0
Menachem

hi,

> 1 - After we connect to the Bordermanger 3.8 vpn server we are unable to
> acces any Internat WWW sites or ping any Internat sites - but we can ping an
> access all internal sites.

did you configure the encrypted network for the clients? The default
configuration is designed to work that way. If you also want to access
other sites while connected to the VPN, you have to specify that only
your internal network should be encrypted (in Imanager).

> 2 - we do have dns configured in IManager to send out DNS info to the VPN
> client - BUT we are ubable to ping internal servers by name only by ip..

does the client receive properly the DNS information? Can you ping the
IP address of the DNS server from the VPN client?

--

Caterina Luppi

Wirediguana Consulting Services
http://www.wirediguana.com

0
Caterina

DNS UP
Hi We are running 2 BM (3.8) Proxies and until today they have been operating reasonably well. Today we have started getting a lot of 504 errors on workstations using either both servers, looking at the proxy DNS page (on both servers) the DNS links are continually going up and down (like our internet) We have 3 DNS servers entered 2 external and 1 internal. I have tested from outside the BM Servers $and know the 2 external DNS servers are working fine (also no one else who use our provider have an issue). The internal DNS also seems fime. We have not made any changes to th...

DNS? What DNS?
This has never happened before and in light light of this morning's news about the DDOS I was wondering if it is just my machine or if something else is going on. Background: A firewall on one of my machines blocked IE from getting to the net. I wanted to trace where it was planning to go to (207.188.24.150)to figure out if this was just XP again or something else. I tried Neo Trace and PC Helps "Net Tracer" but neither can track it. All I get is "undetermined" or "timed out" Robin In article <3DB714A2.7050902@twcny.rr.com>, omeru...

Question about DNS about DNS over VPN
Hi, we have got a problem (probabliy we misunderstood something) with the VPN - Client. When I login with the VPN-Client, where can I set the DNS-Context (Search Context) which will be passed to the Client? I can not find any settings at the VPN Definitions. Thanks in advance Reg. Thomas Thomas, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http...

DNS Configuration for External DNS Servers
Could someone please clarify something in the documentation for HMC v3.0 for me please? Create the DNS Zone for the consolidatedmessenger Reseller DW.128 DW.129 Configure Zone Transfers In this section it describes the process for configuring the External DNS servers and creating the Reseller "consolidatedmessenger.com". Q: Is this actually meant to be implemented per the reference architecture? How would I then access this Reseller and configure all of the other items which are associated with it? Q: Or should I simply follow the steps while replaci...

DNS forwarding to Windows DNS & External ISP
Hello, Here is my situation : I have my corporate Netware 6 (sp5) DNS servers in zone A.corpo I also have a dept. Win 2k3 DNS server in zone B.local. A -I need the workstations in B.local to access the ones in A.corpo. B -I need the workstations in A.corpo to access the ones in B.corpo. C -All other queries need to go to ext. ISP. My actual config : A - Successfully configured the Win2k3 server to forward all queries for A.corpo to the ip address of my Netware DNS servers (I can forward to a zone ). C - I already have the ip address of my external DNS servers in the f...

External DNS
Hello All  I have been advised not to host external DNS but to use a registrar for this purpose. The one I use at the moment pretty much sucks so I will moving to someone else if I decide not to host external DNS myself. Anyone have any opinions on this, I am pretty much undecided what to do. Any advice welcome! Thanks Richard Richard, Technically, it doesn't matter where is you "external DNS". It is more about money. Do it yourself is more expensive initially - you need reliable servers and Internet connection. Plus, think how are you going to provision DNS. It is much easier to...

vpn and dns
I've seen a couple of posts that mention pushing dns servers to clients. Is that just with bm 3.8. I am using bm3.7 and my clients can't use the internal dns when connected. Thanks Gary Gary Sawyer wrote: > I've seen a couple of posts that mention pushing dns servers to clients. Is > that just with bm 3.8. > > I am using bm3.7 and my clients can't use the internal dns when connected. New feature in 3.8 -- Andy Thompson Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No email support, thanks.) ...

DNS 1 and DNS 2
So out of curiosity I'm looking at all the connections in my firewall and ever once and while some hits on DNS 1 and 2 same as listed on my router web page . Some times it's to a close port others not . Is this normal activity from my ISP ? Or something I should be worried about ? tia CYS Hemi wrote: > looking at all the connections in my firewall and ever once and while > some hits on DNS 1 and 2 same as listed on my router web page. This is too vague to understand your question let alone answer it. Are you talking about a DSL or cable modem? Are you talking ab...

dns forward with bordermanager vpn doesn't work
Hello folks ! I spent a lot with this ... hopefully somebody could help me ... Remote office server (SV-AGT099 = nw6sp3, bm37sp3) is connected with site to site vpn to our main department. The remote office has it's own dns subdomain (agt0.aeat.allianz.at) where the local server is primary for it. All other dns requests should be forwarded to a dns server in the main department. That one is primary for all the �ther domains in our company. The remote office server itself is configured to ask it's own dns server and that one should forward if required. RESOLV.CFG SV-...

DNS Forwarders to Microsoft DNS
We have 80% of our network on Novell Netware and use DHCP and DNS on Novell servers. Recently there have been implementations of Microsoft Active Directory installations and we were told that Microsoft does not support Novell DNS and we are therefore having to keep a Microsoft DNS. I have set a forwarder on my DNS server that points to the IP address of my Windows 2003 server and thought that if the Novell DNS could not reply it would be forwarded to the Win2003 DNS, it isn't working though, any ideas? Mark We have 4 Novell DNS servers and I have just not...

DNS not forwarding to other dns servers
We had a problem the other day when we lost power on our external DNS server. Users out on the internet were not able to hit our website and do any resolutions to our Secure VPN gateway. When we used the URL address for the website it would not resolve. When we used the VPN Client it would not resolve the name to an address to access the VPN. If we used the IP address it would work. I was under the impression if my dns server went down anyone trying to resolve address to my domain would get the resolution from their DNS server since this information was cached in their DNS Server....

DNS
I have a NW5.1 server running named, I have setup my webmail.domainname.co.uk and intranet.domainname.co.uk and externally they work fine however, internally they don't resolve the names and I have to type in the ipaddress. In my network setup I have a cisco PIX box and router that allows access to the outside world. I have tried static addresses to point directly to my DNS server for DNS resolution but the fault still persists. I am looking for any pointers or suggestions. Thanks, Euan Best to ask in the DNS/DHCP forums. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product...

DNS
Is there a way to add,remove,edit zones in microsoft dns server with asp.net? Yes.  Though I supsect you meant to ask the question "How can I add,remove,edit zones in microsoft dns server with asp.net?" Take a look at dnscmd.exe, the command line tool for managing DNS. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

DNS
I have a NW5.1 server running named, I have setup my webmail.domainname.co.uk and intranet.domainname.co.uk and externally they work fine however, internally they don't resolve the names and I have to type in the ipaddress. In my network setup I have a cisco PIX box and router that allows access to the outside world. I have tried static addresses to point directly to my DNS server for DNS resolution but the fault still persists. I am looking for any pointers or suggestions. Thanks, Euan Where is the DNS server with respect to the PIX -- is it inside the fire...

DNS
We are currently migrating from Windows NT to a Netware 6.x platform. I have noticed that our access to network drives has slowed down even more since loading the Netware Client. I spoke with another engineering friend to said to configure and load DNS on our primary NW server to help speed up the connection time to drives as DNS is used before NW locator. This has help tremendously with my connections to Netware mapping; however, my mappings to other equipment (NT, Win2K and AS/400) are still slow. I have tried to set up resource records in DNS for these servers, but...

Web resources about - External DNS - Internal DNS - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Externals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All of the Externals were originally portrayed as immortal and important, playing an extremely major role in the future and Apocalypse 's rise ...

Russian plane crash: 'External' factors to blame for downing of jet over Sinai, airline Kogalymavia says ...
Russian airline Kogalymavia says external factors are to blame in the downing of one of its aircraft over Egypt.

Apple doubles external TestFlight testers to 2,000 users, beta periods to 60 days
... betas and new Tech Talks today, Apple has more developer news to share today. Starting today, TestFlight will now support up to 2,000 external ...

Marvell Plunges after PwC Resigns as External Auditor; Are Management Changes Ahead?
Marvell Technology (MRVL) is getting slammed today after revealing that its external accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers has resigned. The ...

Sinai plane crash: 'External influence' caused crash
The Russian airline Kogalymavia blames "external influence" for Saturday's deadly Sinai plane crash which killed 224 people.

Amazon Black Friday sale: Big discounts available now on 4 external hard drives
... here's a perfect example: from now all the way through December 5th, Amazon is offering discounts of up to 43% on four different Seagate external ...

Mophie's new slim external batteries expand Powerstation line
Available in multiple battery sizes the new chargers start at $40 and sport an aluminum finish.

New Salesforce tool gives users more options with external data
Salesforce users have been able to access data in external apps ever since the release of the cloud vendor's Lightning Connect tool last year, ...

‘External Impact’: Investigation Into Russian Plane Crash Just Got More Mysterious
‘External Impact’: Investigation Into Russian Plane Crash Just Got More Mysterious

Metrojet Official Claims 'External Impact' Crashed Airbus In Sinai Peninsula
Experts say it's too soon to tell what caused the crash that killed all 224 people aboard.