Error connecting to VPN through VPN Client

Hi,

I am running NW6.5 with BM3.8 and everytime I type in my server ip and the
other options to login to the server through vpn with NMAS i get the error,

"failed to connect to the authentication gateway

either 19*.***.***.*** is an invalid server address or the authentication
gateway is not loaded on the server"

What is the usual cause of this?
0
help

> Hi,
>
> I am running NW6.5 with BM3.8 and everytime I type in my server ip and the
> other options to login to the server through vpn with NMAS i get the error,
>
> "failed to connect to the authentication gateway
>
> either 19*.***.***.*** is an invalid server address or the authentication
> gateway is not loaded on the server"
>
> What is the usual cause of this?

0
dd
7/29/2004 2:51:58 AM
In article <YGtNc.14177$gg.13368@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>,  wrote:
> What is the usual cause of this?

1. AUTHGW.NLM is not loaded, or
2. Filters are blocking port 353, so the VPN client cannot contact
AUTHGW.

You could also be pointing to the wrong IP address, I suppose.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig

Connect VPN client thru BM to another VPN
i, I have a problem connecting a client inside my network (10.x.x.x) using a CISCO VPN CLIENT. My firewall is a Bordermanager 3.6 SP2a server using NAT and I want to connect to other VPN server. How I have to configure the BM serfver to connect internal client to access others VPN server ????? Thanks in advance Jose hi Jose, let me understand. Are you trying to connect with a Cisco VPN client to a CIsco VPN server or to a BM VPN server? -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

vpn to vpn connection question
Hello: I've been asked to look into a vpn to vpn connection with a third party vpn server connection to our bm38sp2 vpn. Last week I had asked if this was possible and the answer was yes (but). Currently I have our vpn up and running to allow me secure access from home for remote management. The vpn is setup as the master vpn server. Now, if I try to connect to a third party vpn, will our server be a client in this case (I assume so)? If so, how does this impact our current setup as a master server? Thanks in advance, Chris. PS. Others have suggested (strongly) to si...

VPN Client jumps back to VPN tab when trying to connect
I've got a BM3.8Sp2 server (running on NW6.5SP2) set-up with client to site VPN. A while ago it was working fine. I've now tried to use it in anger, and whenever I click the connet button in the VPN client, the client thinks for a second or so, and then jumps back to the VPN tab. WHere do I start if troubleshooting or fixing this ? Thanks GTG Gordon, I wonder if something got removed or corrupted in the client. I'd try to uninstall/reinstall the client component... -- Caterina Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Caterina Luppi wrote: > Gordo...

One VPN client cannot connect: message: IKE is not loaded on the VPN server
While connecting a VPN client I can see that it is trying to connect. After a while the client reports: VPN login: An error was reported by the IKE application Either xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is an invalid VPN server address or the IKE is not loaded on the VPN server. For more details please look at IKE log. Other clients are working fine so it's not a server problem. When I look at the Bordermanager activity log I can see the following: 08/10/2007 03:11:56 PM AUTH Gateway Connection closed for the VPN client at address 80.126.177.252. 08/10/2007 03:11:56 PM AUTH Gateway VPN cli...

Did anybody try to get Nokia Mobile VPN Client to connect to a BM VPN server?
If you do not know the software (for symbian mobile phones) see: http://businesssoftware.nokia.com/mobile_vpn_downloads.php This client seems to be very wide adaptable to different Ipsec VPN authentication and encryption methods. But I do not know which methods are implemented on the BM side, so I cannot judge from the documentation, if this can work or is clearly impossible. If it could be made working, that would be a really nice thing. -- W. Prindl W_, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has trigg...

VPN Client
I have a Border Manager 3.7 server with a Site to Site and Client to Site VPN enabled. The VPN client can access all information of the WAN except for the site that is accross the Site to Site VPN. The client to site is configured to encrypt this network. From the internal network the remote site accross the VPN site to site works fine. Any help would be appreciated Rob C Rob, This is really working as designed. If you want a vpn client to access the other site, you'll need to enable client-site on the other BM server. -- Lance Reynolds, CNE &l...

windows7 VPN client blocks all other VPN
We have a strange situation at one of our customers. There is a C2S connection on a BM3.9 server. There are 2 PC running XP in the remote location. This setup runs properly since 2-3 years. Yesterday a new PC, Windows 7 ()32bit) was installed in the remote office. Tried to do VPN connection with VPN client 3.9.2 from the Windows & machine, but we got error (Failed to get DH public value). But after this the old XP machines were also unable to connect. After a server restart the windows XP machines are able to login again. 1)Is there any kind of defense mechanism in the BM ...

Connecting to SSL VPN through a PPTP VPN
Hi This may seem a weird question... I'm on a Mac (OS X 10.4.8), and when at Uni, I connect to their wireless network using a VPN (PPTP). When connected, the network only allows network access through a proxy on port 8080. Hence, I cannot check email or connect to IM services and so on. I have a SSL VPN account setup with HotSpotVPN2 [1], so I figured I could connect to the Uni VPN, then connect to the HotSpotVPN. But, when I tried HotSpotVPN would never connect. [1] <http://www.hotspotvpn.com> Is it possible for me to do this? What am I doing wrong? ...

MS VPN Client to BM38 VPN Server?
On win2k and on XPHome I create a network connection which is a VPN connection, then try to do certificate authentication to the BM 38 VPN server. I have the Novell VPN client on the same machine which can authenticate with the same certificate. The MS client returns an Error 800: unable to establish connection, maybe the network is unreachable, maybe your security settings are wrong. With the Novell Client I pick exactly the certificate I want to use to authenticate. I can't find that option in the MS client, I can select a Trusted Root (so I had to export the Trusted Root and add it ...

How to setup my VPN to allow printing while connected to the VPN
Hello there, I am new to Border Manager and have a Bordermanager VPN at my office. I have remote sites that need to be able to print while connected to the VPN, however they cannot. Could anyone offer advice on what I need to do to get this working? Phil In article <tOutc.181$uj7.83@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > Hello there, I am new to Border Manager and have a Bordermanager VPN at > my office. I have remote sites that need to be able to print while > connected to the VPN, however they cannot. Could anyone offer advice on > what I need to do to ge...

Unable to complete a vpn connection with Juniper VPN
Name: Gary Levin Email: levingatinsightbbdotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Unable to complete a vpn connection with Juniper VPN Comments: Using Juniper VPN software, the production Firefox works just fine. The 3.5 preview does not. It appears to load, java starts and it allows the login information to be entered. The session is not able to complete. It appears to start but hangs somewhere and never returns the Session page. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b99) Gecko/20090605 Firefox/3.5b99 From URL: http://hendri...

Small VPN appliance to connect to BM VPN
--____VQHYVYNDJJYFRGAXQVCU____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 30 Mar 2007 18:09:36 -0400" Can anybody recommend a small (inexpensive) router that could easily = create a VPN from it to a BM 3.8 server? We have a remote location = (warehouse) that will have 2 computers. I was going to set up the = workstations to connect to a Terminal server in the main office to run the = applications they require. The problem I am attempting to deal with is = that the use...

Bordermanager vpn vs Cisco router vpn etc
I have a small client with a Novell 5.x server with about 35 clients, many of which are needing some sort of vpn access. Trying to figure out if it is easier to setup border manager for vpn access on the server or simply get a router that will provide vpn access. Which would be easier or more cost effective in this scenario over a dsl connection. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks Paul I guess it depends a lot on cost. Do you already have BMgr? (A copy that includes client-site VPN?) If so, just install that and configure it. As for using ...

NBM VPN-Client /w Cisco VPN Concentrator
Hi all, Is it possible to use the Novell BorderManager VPN-Client to connect to a Cisco VPN Concentrator? If so, can anybody point me in a direction how to set this up? Thanks in advance. Rgrds, Martijn Yes, it should be possible, but no, I don't know where to point for config info. However, as part of interoperability testing (for VPN certification), I'm pretty sure this scenario was tested and worked. Myself, I would first get the BMgr VPN set up (with BMgr VPN client and BMgr VPN server) to do certificate-based authentication, so that you know what to do on...

Web resources about - Error connecting to VPN through VPN Client - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...