Crashed master to slave server connection

My master - slave server vpn suddenly crashed without visible cause. I
have BM 3.6 with sp 2a, full mesh vpn. The other slave servers are
visible from crashed slave. BM sends message while booting server:
NBMALERT - 1.05a - 930002 Critical Error reading configuration
information.
Can anybody help me?

--
kuki

kuki

kuki,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
1/12/2010 6:42:05 PM
Sorry for slow response - any update on this?

The error message indicates that the server is not reading it's config
from eDir.  Possible causes there include problems connecting to the
master replica holding the bm config at start up, and a number of other
possible issues.  (Stopvpn, followed by runvpn -l3 gives a java debug
screen that can be useful to debug certain VPN launch issues.)  Check
for eDir issues in general.  (Replica on the server?)

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig

cannot connect to mailbox on master over VPN from slave
Hi, dunno if I should post here or in the BM forum but here goes.... an odd problem. sometimes when my staff go to a regional offfice they like to be able to access their email so I thought that I would be able to use the /ipp- switch to give them this funionality however; this only seems to work masrter->slave not slave->master. ie I can access regional office mailboxes with the string ..\..\grpwise.exe /ipa-192.168.2.1 /u@-jbloggs but the regional offices cant with ..\..\grpwise.exe /ipa-192.168.1.1 /u@-jsmith all they get is the little globe going round, seemin...

Deleting 3rd Party S2S VPN Server Breaks Slave VPN Configuration For All Servers, eventually.
I thought I posted this weeks ago but after searching the forum I did not find it. So here is the issue and the Official Novell Fix. Setting up a 3rd Party VPN with BM 3.8.2 and NW 6.5.1. It worked great after it was setup. But if you went to delete a 3rd Party slave VPN server it may break another 3rd party slave. The only fix was to completely remove all servers from the Site to Site vpn configuration. Delete the Master site to site server. Create all new objects. Basically, recreate it all from scratch. Opened an incident with Novell and completed several tests and look...

connecting slave vpn server / vptunnel, call destination
Hello I just wanted to configure a site to site vpn but I can get them connected. The master is okay, but whenever I configure the slave with vpncfg ...... I wouldn't get a vptunnel entry in the inetcfg and also no entry for the wan call destination (both sides could open the tunnel). I think this should happen during the vpncfg or am I wrong ? When I check the slave now with the pktscan I can see that there are SKIP packets coming from the master. Sometimes also a view ones on port 213. But I think since there is no vptunnel it can't get up. Csaudit tell "SKI...

S2S VPN Master IP Address Change, Slave Won't Connect
We have a BM 3.8.4 S2S VPN with both slave and master on NW 6.5. We changed the IP address of the Master. I got the Master all settled in with new default route and reset all of the filters. I exported new certs for the slave and master (they were to expire soon anyway) and removed the existing S2S VPN. I then recreated the Master, followed by the Slave. The issue now is that when the slave VPN starts the console has the messsage "Call connection established for protocol IP to destination vptunnel@OLDMASTERIP". The IKE screen says "******* Send Main Mode Message to...

VPN connected, but no connection to the destination server(s)
We are running Bm 3.8 VPN with 3.8.9 clients. Some user reported that after some time they can't reach the target server, but the vpn status is connected. Than they disconnect and reconnect and everything works good, but after some time, they can't reach the network resources in the protected network (vpn state is connected). What can cause that? welcomes in the club...I wait also for a solution, but I think, Novell hadnt one...the last patch was wrong, don�t wory...buy a hardwarerouter... goog luck Veit On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:59:09 +0000, vguenl wrote: > welco...

Server Crash..After reboot, network connectivity crashes it
OES2 SP1 Primary Use: Netstorage CIFS and AFP are installed, not configured After months of being stable, we decided to test CIFS configuration. Ran configuration and midway through, it would not create the CIFS proxy user. Only option was to abort. A few weeks later, we rebooted and when I remoted in, it lost connectivity. When I walked to the server room, it was frozen, no network connectivity and only option was to reboot. - Rebooted and server will let me login to X and about 30 seconds in, it freezes again. - If I reboot, and then login with Remote Manager and click on t...

Bordermanager 3.8 VPN connection but no connection
Hi all, I am testing BM 3.8 VPN and am connecting via NMAS, connecting goes without problems and when I am connected I can ping the inside server ip, the vpn tunnel address and the ip-address that has been supplied by BM. But I cannot connect to any of the services running on my server or login.... <<But I cannot connect to any of the services running on my server or <<login.... What do you mean by that? any example and error message? 1. Which ip address pool is using the vpn client? 2. Which is your internal ip address of the host you are try...

VPN 3.6 slave to VPN 3.8 master
I have more or less gone through what I could to set this up. I exported the BM 3.8 master encryption key (minfo.vpn) and imported that to the BM 3.6 slave without any issue. I then created the slave (sinfo.vpn) file. I had setup the vpn tunnel ip's as 192.168.10.1 and when these were both masters, clients could access either one perfectly. We know the VPN's work. I changed 1 to a slave, but I halted what I was doing as I noted that the master and slave networks both are using 192.168.0.x for the private IP's. Questions: 1. Can a 3.6 slave talk to a 3.8 master?...

Problem with VPN on a slave server in 3 server Full mesh.
Hi forum we keep getting this error in the IKE.LOG file on one of the Slave servers who is in a 3 VPN server setup in Full Mesh, the other slave in this setup got its IP changed last week. ------------------------------- IKE.LOG 22-1-2007 19.05.18 Retransmit timer expired :Peer lost our reply retransmit the old packet to xxx.211.255.xxx ------------------------------- have looked in the Knowledge base but not much to find there in regards to above. From the Master there is connection fine, but between the 2 slaves i cant e.g. ping the private IP viseversa. any idea...

slave 3.9 server to master 3.8sp4 server
Hi, I want to add a slave vpn server (3.9 in own tree) to my bordermanager 3.8 serverenvironment. I assume adding an ike server is possible in this situation and I do not need to update my master to 3.9 first? regards, John In article <6NX6i.7703$Gp4.6334@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, John wrote: > I want to add a slave vpn server (3.9 in own tree) to my bordermanager 3.8 > serverenvironment. I assume adding an ike server is possible in this > situation and I do not need to update my master to 3.9 first? > It should be just the same as doing a 3.8 sl...

Can a user connect to a local server and vpn server at same time
we have an office in montreal and one in mississauga (cities a few hundred miles apart). The montreal has a Novell 5.1 server at their location and they connect to our BM3.8 server in mississauga. Since BM 3.8 uses the novell client to login to the server in mississauga from montreal will the montreal users be able to connect to their local server at the same time? if so how is this accomplished? Hi, jj@jj.com wrote: > Since BM 3.8 uses the > novell client Only when you tell it to login. It's optional, and while the VPN client integrates with the Novell client when...

One VPN client cannot connect: message: IKE is not loaded on the VPN server
While connecting a VPN client I can see that it is trying to connect. After a while the client reports: VPN login: An error was reported by the IKE application Either xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is an invalid VPN server address or the IKE is not loaded on the VPN server. For more details please look at IKE log. Other clients are working fine so it's not a server problem. When I look at the Bordermanager activity log I can see the following: 08/10/2007 03:11:56 PM AUTH Gateway Connection closed for the VPN client at address 80.126.177.252. 08/10/2007 03:11:56 PM AUTH Gateway VPN cli...

VPN server connection
I'am currently running Bordermanager 3.7sp2 on NW6sp3, this server hosts my firewall and provides the link between the LAN / DMZ / Internet. I wish to setup a VPN server for client connections on the DMZ. Can I setup a dedicated server on the DMZ to host the VPN server and using NAT push any request to that server via the Bordermanager firewall server.....? Thanks for any help/pointers on this one. Thanks Simon Potter CNE6 Hi, Simon Potter wrote: > > I'am currently running Bordermanager 3.7sp2 on NW6sp3, this server hosts my > firewall and p...

could not connect to server (server name); the connection was refused
I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware (server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem it would be greatly appreciated drewmalone@hotmail.com wrote: > I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not > connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware > (server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem > it would be greatly appreciated > 1st check whether POP/SMTP servers a...

Web resources about - Crashed master to slave server connection - novell.bordermanager.vpn

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...