Client to Site to a server that is part of a Site to Site VPN

Hello,

We are having trouble using Groupwise Multi-user calendaring when
connecting via C2S.  As long as the users are on the post-office at the
location they are connecting to via C2S VPN, they can see their calendar.
If they try to add a user that is in a post office on the other side of
our S2S VPN the process fails.

If we are local we can add a user on the S2S connected post office.
We can ping any ip address at the other site if we are local.  As soon as
we connect via C2S VPN we can only ping systems on the private network of
the BM server we connected to, and not systems on the S2S remote site.

Are we trying to do something that is not possible, or what may we mis
configured.  The Master server is on a 172 private network. The Slave
server is on a 192 network.  The C2S clients are mostly coming from 10
networks thru Linksys routers using NAT.  Our protected networks include
172 and 192 in client to site configuration. Our S2S has 172 network in
its protected networks configuration.

Any help would be great.
Have a great day!
Brent
0
brent

Brent,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
2/28/2006 7:09:25 PM
Is this an IKE C2S VPN connection?  (BM3.8?)

If so, this is probably just a routing problem where you need to add a
static route on the slave VPN server pointing to the master VPN
server's VPN tunnel address for the C2S VPN-supplied network.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig
3/14/2006 6:54:19 PM
> Is this an IKE C2S VPN connection?  (BM3.8?)
>
> If so, this is probably just a routing problem where you need to add a
> static route on the slave VPN server pointing to the master VPN
> server's VPN tunnel address for the C2S VPN-supplied network.
>
> Craig Johnson
> Novell Support Connection SysOp
> *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on
> BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

Sorry I took so long to respond.

No this is a 3.7 C2S connection.  Our S2S connection seems to function OK.
We can remote to the slave server from the master location and access the
systems on the remote network OK. Just not when we C2S into the Master
location.  Our Master is a 3.7 and the Slave is a 3.8

Thanks for your help.
0
brent
3/17/2006 3:41:35 PM
> > Is this an IKE C2S VPN connection?  (BM3.8?)
> >
> > If so, this is probably just a routing problem where you need to add a
> > static route on the slave VPN server pointing to the master VPN
> > server's VPN tunnel address for the C2S VPN-supplied network.
> >
> > Craig Johnson
> > Novell Support Connection SysOp
> > *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on
> > BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***
> >
> Sorry I took so long to respond.
>
> No this is a 3.7 C2S connection.  Our S2S connection seems to function
OK.
> We can remote to the slave server from the master location and access
the
> systems on the remote network OK. Just not when we C2S into the Master
> location.  Our Master is a 3.7 and the Slave is a 3.8
>
> Thanks for your help.
I forgot to mention that we have a static route on the slave pointing to
the master location via the masters VP Tunnel Address.

0
brent

VPN Client
I have a Border Manager 3.7 server with a Site to Site and Client to Site VPN enabled. The VPN client can access all information of the WAN except for the site that is accross the Site to Site VPN. The client to site is configured to encrypt this network. From the internal network the remote site accross the VPN site to site works fine. Any help would be appreciated Rob C Rob, This is really working as designed. If you want a vpn client to access the other site, you'll need to enable client-site on the other BM server. -- Lance Reynolds, CNE &l...

VPN Site to Site & Client to site/site's ?
Hi there, We managed to get our 5.0/5.1 & 6.0 tree over av WAN moved to a BM3.7 VPN based solution. Everything's working really good, finally,,, Though, just one issue or maybe,, question,, with a site-to-site VPN for 1 tree with 1 master & 2 slaves, are a client -to - site VPN connection ment to be able to connect to all the servers...?? That is; central network = 192.168.0.0 with the master works ok from client, branch network1 = 192.168.1.0 1st slave does not work from client, branch network1 = 192.168.2.0 2nd slave does not work from client, In nwa...

Browse through Site to Site VPN to web site
I am having a couple of problems, we'll start with how I found out I'm having the problem. I have a Site to Site VPN connection running BM 3.7 sp2 with tcp607j, bm37fp3b. It is running on NW6 SP3. Both servers are configured this way. Someone from my remote office called and told me they could not send PDF files from their copier to anyone. Our Canon copier has a "send to email" PDF function that did work prior to patching the server in Columbus. I thought it was a copier problem and proceded in that direction, it is not a copier problem. I also have a ...

VPN Site to Site
hi , i tried to configure my vpn. 1 master and 2 slave. i can communicate with only one of them. the connection is enabled between the master and 1 slave (ADSL connection) but couldn't connuicate with the other slave(LS connection). Between the master and the second slave the tunnel is enabled. the master send IP packet but not receive packet. I couldn't ping any host in the slave LAN. SO, the tunnel is ok but there is no communication Can you ping the remote vptunnel address? Do all of the hosts have their default gateway pointed at the private address of their...

Site-to-Site VPN...
Hello... Just a BorderManager version question Can I have a BorderManager 3.6 as VPN Master og 2-3 BorderManager 3.7 as Slaves..??? -- Kim Henriksen Novell CNE 5/6 *I am a Computer Engineer, if you hear me say UPS, then pray to that you have made a backup* Kim, Should work just fine. -- Lance Reynolds, CNE OK.. Thanks... -- Kim Henriksen Novell CNE 5/6 *I am a Computer Engineer, if you hear me say UPS, then pray to that you have made a backup* "Lance Reynolds" <lanceNO@SPAMsatco.biz> skrev i en meddelelse news:t...

Site-to-Site VPN
Have a client that has a VPN setup between 2 BorderManager servers. Server 1 is NW5.1 w/ SP7e and BM 3.6 Server2 is NW5.1 w/ SP7e and BM 3.5 This setup previously worked until applying SP7e At this point we get an error in the BM audit log that states. (SKIP) Construction of SA Failed for peer Server2@IP Address Unknown Security preference for Encryption I am contemplating back reving the IP stack to the SP6 version. Any other ideas or sugestions? Thanks, P.S. We have already deleted the VPN Config and recreated it. "John Street" <jstreet@int...

site to site vpn
hi, i want to set up site to site vpn between two suse servers and access lan behind it, please help me with the configuration if this is possible -- janasec ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 11:16:03 +0000, janasec wrote: > hi, > i want to set up site to site vpn between two suse servers and access > lan behind it, > please help me with the configuration if this is possible It's possible, but there are lots of tutorials on the Internet about how to do this already - you might use Google to...

site - to
Hi, I am trying to establish a site to site VPN with two BorderManager 3.6 servers running on Netware 6.0. I have loaded patches nw6sp3e and bm36sp2a. I have configured one server as a master and one as a slave. Time is the same on both servers and routing is working properly between servers prior to setting up the vpn. The problem I have is that the VPN tunnel does not establish correctly. In the audit log on the master server is get : - Failed VPN member notifications. - Failed configuring VPN member SBSPXI01 - Configuring VPN Memeber SBSPXI01 - Computed outbound ...

Site-to-Site VPN
Is this possible? anyone done it? Both devices have a Public IP addresses on the Internet, so no NAT is involved. The Key information on the PIX has to be entered manually as PIX runs a script. Matt Isaac wrote: > Is this possible? Not yet. -- Lance Reynolds, CNE Using XanaNews 1.13.2.10 ...

BM VPN site - to
Hi, Can i use BM 3.7 or 3.8 to create a site-to-site VPN with a BM server on one site an a hardware VPN device (Cisco, Nortel) on the other site ? Or does site-to-site VPN always need to be 2 BM servers ? Regards, Jan Wiersma the Netherlands. Jan Wiersma wrote: > Hi, > > Can i use BM 3.7 or 3.8 to create a site-to-site VPN with a BM server on one site an a hardware VPN device (Cisco, Nortel) on the other site ? > Or does site-to-site VPN always need to be 2 BM servers ? 3.7 is BMgr only. 3.8 should work with any IPSEC VPN. -andy ...

Routing from Client-Site through Site-Site
We have a Site-to-Site VPN setup from our main office to two remote offices. When I use a Client-to-Site connection to access the network at the office, I can't access anything through the Site-to-Site connections. Is this possible ? Main Office VPN Tunnel IP is 10.0.9.1 Remote 1 VPN Tunnel is 10.0.9.2 Remote 1 VPN Tunnel is 10.0.9.3 Main office subnet is 10.0.1.x Remote office 1 is 10.0.2.x Remote office 2 is 10.0.3.x In article <aLWTh.44$vi3.26@janeway.provo.novell.com>, Earl wrote: > When I use a Client-to-Site connection to access the network a...

BorderManager 3.8 VPN site to site
A costumer has two BorderManager 3.8 servers running on Netware 6.5 sp1. A VPN site to site connection is configured. After the installation of the IP Domestic stack on both servers, the stack seems to be corrupt. ( At console : perl nwccdbm38:\tcpip\instal.pl -f ) MONITOR.NLM , NWCONFIG cannot be started. And at the server boot proces, the time synchronization is timing out due to the lack of an IP connection. When the server is running the time synchronization has been established after a while. Tried to manually copy the TCPIP, TCP and BSDSOCK nlm. ( DOMESTIC ) from te servi...

Bordermanager 3.8 Site-Site VPN
Hi all! I am testing VPN SITE to SITE on BM 3.8 at the moment, I have client-site working already but I can't get the site-site to work. Which Certificates should be on the servers?? and where do I have to put them?? Any ideas?? In article <BUoxb.11513$I04.4852@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Stefan ten Hoeve wrote: > Which Certificates should be on the servers?? and where do I have to put > them?? > The BMgr 3.8 iManager should have created special VPN certs, and put then where they are needed. Did you allow iManager to create certs for...

Craig's Tip #77 (3.8 Site-Site VPN slave server that won't start VPN services)
I have a couple of questions: Does this problem happen in IKE mode, Legacy mode, or both ? If there's a replica of root on another server on the slave's segment, I assume this is enough of a 'fix' to allow the services to start properly? Thanks Adrian James Quote: "Update: Aug 24, 2004: I am hearing that there is a design bug with BorderManager 3.8 Site-to-Site VPN that requires the slave server to contact a replica of the Root partition in order to launch. This means (for now) that you need to put a replica of Root on the VPN slave server. This makes se...

Web resources about - Client to Site to a server that is part of a Site to Site VPN - novell.bordermanager.vpn

MUD client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A MUD client is a computer application used to connect to a MUD , a type of multiplayer online game . Generally, a MUD client is a very basic ...

3Q Digital Offers Peek At 3Q Facebook Ad Performance By Its Largest Clients
With Facebook set to report its third-quarter earnings Wednesday , digital marketing agency 3Q Digital offered some insight on how the social ...

Gallop Labs hires former Facebook Client Partner as Director of Sales
Gallop Labs , a social marketing and analytics firm, announced that it has hired former Facebook Client Partner Andrew Peebles as the company’s ...

Lawyer labels client 'stupid' after New Year text to ex lands him behind bars for a week
Man's five days in prison for New Year text was significant &quot;wake-up call&quot;, lawyer says.

Canberra psychology clinic accidentally reveals clients' personal details in email
A Canberra psychology clinic has apologised after it accidentally shared personal details of hundreds of patients in a group email.

Beyond Biglaw: Categorizing Clients
In order to make a good decision about how to handle clients, it is important to assess their actual or potential contribution to the firm’s ...

Anchorage Assembly candidate drops out rather than reveal tutoring clients
... Anchorage Budget Advisory Commission, has withdrawn a bid for the Assembly because she did not want to list the names and addresses of clients ...

Spotlight On NW Creative: Fell Swoop And Its Unique Client Mix
After living in Seattle for a few years, it’s become clear to me that many shops here struggle to capture significant business from clients headquartered ...

New online FX broker group rails against client money laws
A group of online broking firms have launched a desperate bid to sway the government on its proposed client fund segregation laws.

SanDisk Announces X400 Client SSD for OEMs
... Like the X300, the X400 uses TLC NAND flash and relies on SLC-mode write caching to provide competitive write speeds. SanDisk OEM Client SSD ...