Change Public IP Address of S2S Slave

We have a S2S vpn on BM 3.8.3 on NW 6.5.7, and need to change the public IP
address of the slave server.

Can we reset the IP information in inetcfg on the slave, edit the filters,
then change the IP address for the slave in iManager? Or will we need to
delete the slave, then recreate the slave from scratch?

TIA
0
Randall

On 31/08/11 12:55, Randall Diekmeyer wrote:
> We have a S2S vpn on BM 3.8.3 on NW 6.5.7, and need to change the public IP
> address of the slave server.
>
> Can we reset the IP information in inetcfg on the slave, edit the filters,
> then change the IP address for the slave in iManager? Or will we need to
> delete the slave, then recreate the slave from scratch?
>
> TIA

you'll need to remove the slave from the s2s configuration, change the
ip and add it again it the new ip.
0
Mysterious

Change public IP Address on S2S VPN
Hello, I need to change the public ip-adresses for my VPN Site to Site. The VPN is based on Netware 6.5 and BorderManager 3.8 Is there someone with experience? Is it a simple action or do i need to setup the VPN configuration again? Thanks In article <aLGEc.1270$Z5.893@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > I need to change the public ip-adresses for my VPN Site to Site. > The VPN is based on Netware 6.5 and BorderManager 3.8 OK. > > Is there someone with experience? Yes. > > Is it a simple action or do i need to setup the VPN configuratio...

S2S VPN Master IP Address Change, Slave Won't Connect
We have a BM 3.8.4 S2S VPN with both slave and master on NW 6.5. We changed the IP address of the Master. I got the Master all settled in with new default route and reset all of the filters. I exported new certs for the slave and master (they were to expire soon anyway) and removed the existing S2S VPN. I then recreated the Master, followed by the Slave. The issue now is that when the slave VPN starts the console has the messsage "Call connection established for protocol IP to destination vptunnel@OLDMASTERIP". The IKE screen says "******* Send Main Mode Message to...

change public IP on S2S slave
I need to change the public IP address on my s2s slave. Can I do it without having to reconfigure S2S config from scratch? Can I just change the address in Inetcfg and filtcfg on the slave and change all instances of the old IP address for the slave in the NBM vpn config on both the slave and master? hi, > I need to change the public IP address on my s2s slave. Can I do it > without having to reconfigure S2S config from scratch? > > Can I just change the address in Inetcfg and filtcfg on the slave and > change all instances of the old IP address fo...

Procedure Public IP change VPN slave
I ve a question about the procedure for changing the Public IP address/subnetmask of VPN slave. Can someone give me the right info about how to do this? (TID?) Slave Information: Bordermanager 3.8 SP3 Netware 6 SP5 Master Information Bordermanager 3.8 2 slaves Sometime ago (year) we did the same for a Master server and it was only a way of changing the Public IP settings in imanager and the changing the filters. After that all was working fine again. I want to know for sure if this is the same for a VPN slave server. Hi, nospam wrote: > > I ve a questi...

Public IP address change on BM server with NAT and VPN
Help!!!!!!!! My ISP has informed me that they will be changing my static IP address next week. I am running BM3.6 on NW5.1 with NAT and VPN. This server is the Master VPN client. What is the best way to change the IP address? Thanks for all of the great help on the support forums. Wayne See thread labeled 'New BM server' in this forum dated 6/10/2003. I went through the same process that you went through, except mine wasn't dictated by the ISP, I did it to myself.... on purpose. It explains why in the thread. If you have any questions, post th...

Re-install BM38 VPN service after changing public interface ip address?
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Is it true that I have to re-install the VPN service (C2S in this case) if I change the IP address of the Public interface. The box is Netware 6.5 with BM3.8. Imanager lets you change the address, but C2S VPN is still not working - I read on the troubleshooting guide that you have to re-install VPN service. What's the lowdown - Do I have to remove/delete any rules as well ? --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WHPEPQYSAQXEHDGESJXG____" --____WHPEP...

change public ip address
We have a netware 6 server with 2 network cards.I am going to have to change the ip address of the public facing network card.Does anyone have any tips or links to info on how to go about this as i presume it is not as simple as changing ip address and static routes. thanks , > We have a netware 6 server with 2 network cards.I am going to have to > change the ip address of the public facing network card.Does anyone have > any tips or links to info on how to go about this as i presume it is not > as simple as changing ip address and static routes. > See: http:/...

changing the ip address of bordermanager
Hi We need to change the ip addresses of the three NICS in our BorderManager 3.8 (NW6.5sp3) server? Is there some checklist for the change? I notice that nw6.5 has a much improved web-based application-level ip configuration utility. Is this the one I should be using? Are there other configuration files to be changed? Thanks John Probably easiest to try it from the web manager, where there is an IP address menu. But, you could do it manually, starting with INETCFG. Remember HOSTS and HOSTNAME files in ETC, and then you have to change all of the web-based servic...

Changing public ip address
We are planning to change our service providor and therefore will need to change the public ip adress on our BM server. Is this a simple matter of changing the address in INETCFG and telling our VPN clients to access a different ip address or is there anything else I would need to do. Netware 6.5 Bordermanager 3.8 (http/ftp/dns proxy & C2S VPN) Thanks Ian I have found a TID (TID10063612) which references this for BM upto 3.6 which says 1. Make sure that the new address is bound to the NIC and that the default gateway(if it changed) on the nic is set to the new gateway ...

Change Public IP address
We are switching our ISP and our public IP address will change on the Nbmgr server. Currently I have two public IP address bound to the Public nic in bordermanager. I have a Private and Public interface. I have noticed in the filtcfg that the public IP address is referenced in some of the filters. Is there any way to update/change that other then manually going into each filter that has the public address in it and changing it? Thank you. barbara It's more complicated than that, but you have hit to biggest part. If this is 3.7, you probably are g...

Public IP address change
We are going to be changing ISP's in the near future. Do I need to worry about anything after I change the ip address on the public NIC? Will all of our accessing rules still work? I know I will need to modify my NAT. Also your default gateway. What about your MX records and other A records within your DNS ? Cheers, Edward <ddemay@questarweb.com> wrote in message news:PTMqd.4120$0A2.1068@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > We are going to be changing ISP's in the near future. Do I need to worry > about anything after I change the ip address on the public NIC? Wi...

Public IP address change
We are switching our ISP and will be assigned new Public IP addresses. This will also affect the Primary and Secondary DNS server. Is there a checklist that identifies a list of changes that should be done to a Netware 6.5 server. BorderManager 3.8 is also running. Thanks Fletch Fletch, > Is there a checklist that identifies a list of changes that should be done > to a Netware 6.5 server. BorderManager 3.8 is also running. > Thanks > See: http://www.novell.com/documentation/nw65/index.html?page=/documentation/nw65/ipaddmgmt/data/ajih1hk.html You also nee...

Change Public IP Address #2
Hi, I need to change the public IP address of my bordermanager server - because we're changing ISP's. We use border manager for proxy and site to site vpn. I was planning on uninstalling BM and changing the IP address in Netware, then re-install Border Manager. What is the best way/ recommended way to change the public ip address of the Border Manager server.... Thanks, Jonathan That is kind of drastic! I would change the binding in inetcfg. Alter the filters (using iManager of filtcfg depending on which you prefer) and then change the public IP address in NWAd...

S2S VPN with dynamic IP addresses
We have setup s2s vpn on dsl. The dsl routers are dynamically assigned IP addresses (no south african service provider offers fixed IP on dsl!), how can we work around this in BM3.8? In article <OS3Be.4489$Hc7.3860@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > how can we work around this in BM3.8? > You can't. Every time the public IP address changes, you will have to redo the VPN. However, you might find that the address just doesn't change much, if at all. (My cable modem address here hasn't changed in 9 months, and it has a 24-hour lease). Craig John...

Web resources about - Change Public IP Address of S2S Slave - novell.bordermanager.vpn

File:Ipv6 address.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I, the copyright holder of this work, release this work into the public domain . This applies worldwide. This file contains additional information, ...

Barack Obama outlines counter-terrorism plans in rare Oval Office address; vows to 'destroy' Islamic ...
US president Barack Obama brands Islamic State fighters thugs and killers in a rare address to the nation in the wake of last week's California ...

The backwards notion that Obama was late for the glamorous 2015 Kennedy Center Honors because he needed ...
Here's the standard presentation of that notion in People Magazine , replete with video, from which I grabbed this still. But I think the address ...

Figure out how to address your cover letter - Business Insider Deutschland
... a specific individual. Just because a job posting omits the name of the person in charge of the hiring process doesn't mean you should address ...

Obama speaks on ISIS, gun control, tolerance in Oval Office address - Videos - CBS News
... shows terrorism is now in a new phase. He promised to destroy anyone who tries to harm Americans. It was the president’s first address from ...

Obama's address sets stage for 2016
Obama's address guarantees terrorism and Muslim relations will be central to the '16 campaign, Politico's Ben White says.

President Obama's Address: 'Freedom Is More Powerful Than Fear'
Here is the full text of his speech, as provided by the White House. Tonight, I addressed the nation from the Oval Office on my top priority ...

In weekly address, Obama asks Americans to 'stay true to who we are' in fight against terrorism
x YouTube Video This week, like last week, President Obama devoted his weekly address to the fight against terrorism. As I said in my speech ...

Obama’s Sunday Address Watched By 46 Million Viewers
... Obama 's Sunday night primetime speech might have, according to GOP White House candidates, been too little too late – and why give the address ...

Women Must Address Tyranny Of "Bitch" Culture
For a highly evolved society so intrigued by and invested in progress, it's funny how the "bitch" word demeaning women since as early as the ...