Cant Remove VPN

--____AGFYWQIQBKSJSCEMJLLJ____

Som ago onmy bm3.6 I tried to setup a vpn.
Cause no longer need it I tried to remove it using vpncfg.
Teh problem is that the vpntunnel and the according binds are still in
the =
inetcfg and I cant remove them.
Any help?
Axel

--____AGFYWQIQBKSJSCEMJLLJ____

--____TXQNFHUDZFPGBCCKREJV____

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html;
charset=3Diso-8859-1"=

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 12pt Arial; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV>Som ago onmy bm3.6 I tried to setup a vpn.</DIV>
<DIV>Cause no longer need it I tried to remove it using vpncfg.</DIV>
<DIV>Teh problem is that the vpntunnel and the according binds are
still =
in the=20
inetcfg and I cant remove them.</DIV>
<DIV>Any help?</DIV>
<DIV>Axel</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--____TXQNFHUDZFPGBCCKREJV____--

--____AGFYWQIQBKSJSCEMJLLJ____--

0
Axel

Axel Schneck wrote:

> Som ago onmy bm3.6 I tried to setup a vpn.
> Cause no longer need it I tried to remove it using vpncfg.
> Teh problem is that the vpntunnel and the according binds are still
in the inetcfg and I cant remove them.
> Any help?
> Axel

Did you remove the configuration from NWadmin also?

--
Lance Reynolds, CNE
Using XanaNews 1.13.2.10

0
Lance
2/23/2003 9:36:34 PM
--____MLRVUXABAXAEDOIOCYGS____

I think I never configured it there cause I stopped it right after =
starting ;-)
But I'll do a look tomorrow morning.
But what should this make sense of inetcfg?
Normally there is no connection between inetcfg and nds entries.

--____MLRVUXABAXAEDOIOCYGS____

--____EEKBWVUKHXOBFLGYFTYV____

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html;
charset=3Diso-8859-1"=

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 12pt Arial; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV>I think I never configured it there cause I stopped it right
after =
starting=20
;-)</DIV>
<DIV>But I'll do a look tomorrow morning.</DIV>
<DIV>But what should this make sense of inetcfg?</DIV>
<DIV>Normally there is no connection between inetcfg and nds=20
entries.</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--____EEKBWVUKHXOBFLGYFTYV____--

--____MLRVUXABAXAEDOIOCYGS____--

0
Axel
2/26/2003 9:56:47 PM
Axel Schneck wrote:

> I think I never configured it there cause I stopped it right after
starting ;-)

If you never configured anything in nwadmin, perhaps it could have
been that INETCFG was loaded when you removed the vpn configuration?
At any rate, have a look to make sure.

> But what should this make sense of inetcfg?
> Normally there is no connection between inetcfg and nds entries.

When you add a slave server to the vpn,  the encryption information is
imported into NDS on the master server via nwadmin.  Then
Bordermanager will automatically add static routes on the slave server
into inetcfg.  As a matter of fact, you'll get a warning in nwadmin
telling you to be sure inetcfg isn't loaded on the remote server.

--
Lance Reynolds, CNE
Using XanaNews 1.13.2.11

0
Lance

Bordermanager vpn vs Cisco router vpn etc
I have a small client with a Novell 5.x server with about 35 clients, many of which are needing some sort of vpn access. Trying to figure out if it is easier to setup border manager for vpn access on the server or simply get a router that will provide vpn access. Which would be easier or more cost effective in this scenario over a dsl connection. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks Paul I guess it depends a lot on cost. Do you already have BMgr? (A copy that includes client-site VPN?) If so, just install that and configure it. As for using ...

Bordermanager VPN remove NAT
I have a client that currently has Bordermanager VPN 3.6 that is used for a Client to Site VPN. They do not have enterprise edition, they only have the VPN portion of the software. They have a Cisco router performing some firewall filtering, but Bordermanager performs the Network Address translation for the whole lan. Internally, it is one flat network with no additional routing. It is my understanding that if BM 3.6 is behind a firewall that does NAT/PAT then the VPN will not work anymore even with a static address translation through the firewall. The organization...

Removing Legacy VPN Server Configuration: Does this harm current VPN setup of BM3.8.5?
Hello, on 2 BM Slave S2S + C2S servers I have the problem, that routing information gets messed up each time VPN gets initialized (startvpn, startbrd), a reinitialize system doesn't harm. one of them has "respawning" obsolete network routes, those I overlayed with same network, gy=<ip-of-default-gy> The other one is just the opposite: newly added network routes dissappear. Both of them were also used for SKIP C2S dialin, that's not used any more. Craig mentioned, that there might be the possiblity, that bogus info in the legacy VPN part might be the...

VPN
Where might I find/configure a log of who connects to our VPN, whether or not they login to Netware once connected, etc. The login to Netware portion is relatively unimportant, but I would like to track basic information like remote IP, username, connect time, disconnect time, etc. Netware 6.5, BorderManager 3.8/SP4/IR3. Client is 3.8.11 for all remote users. We currently have two working VPNs - different servers, different OU's. TIA. -S- I don't know if this has changed in later versions of BM but this is how I monitor activity in BM 3.7. Open NWADM...

legacy vpn + new vpn
Hi, I am running a bordermanager nw6 3.7 server configured as a master vpn server. The slave is also a nw6 3.7 server and is in another country. Now we need to put another slave to this vpn, however w'd like to do that with bordermanager 3.8. The question is if we update this server from 3.7 to 3.8, will the legacy vpn run without a problem, while 3.7 on the other side is running. (I think this will be no problem, correct me if I am wrong) On the other hand I want to configure a new master vpn on the same server by use of imanager. The other slave will be the new company. I...

vpn to vpn connection question
Hello: I've been asked to look into a vpn to vpn connection with a third party vpn server connection to our bm38sp2 vpn. Last week I had asked if this was possible and the answer was yes (but). Currently I have our vpn up and running to allow me secure access from home for remote management. The vpn is setup as the master vpn server. Now, if I try to connect to a third party vpn, will our server be a client in this case (I assume so)? If so, how does this impact our current setup as a master server? Thanks in advance, Chris. PS. Others have suggested (strongly) to si...

BorderManager VPN
Hi, I have a customer who is looking for a VPN solution (No more details yet...) Anyhow they have Border Manager 3.8 for proxy. However another site of theirs uses ISA. I know very little about either products. and would like to know peoples views? is BM a good product for VPN, are their better 3rd Party products? Thanks Hi, I use BM vpns all over the place & rate them highly. The 3.8 release was a major step forward as we now use the ipsec standard for site to site transport & can now talk to any other industry standard ipsec vpn endpoint. Client to...

vpn
hi i setup my vpn connection i setup it on desktop pc and connected successfully i setup it on laptop(dell inspiron 1520) as like as my desktop and connected but i didn't have any receive what can i do? -- morteza13581358 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I am not entirely sure what you are trying to get at. What kind of VPN did you try to set up? Is this Vpn on your local computer or in a remote location? -- ghostwind ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ghostwind's Profi...

VPN
I am about to install VPN services with BorderManager 3.8 and have been reading some of the documentation. Can someone please explain to me the concept of tunneling and it's implementation with BM as this seems to be one of steps to setting up VPN. Any help is appreciated, as this concept is very new to me. Cheers, hi, tunneling is a process for which IP packets are encapsulated within some other protocol at one end of the VPN (like a wrapping that hides a gift, so the recipient cannot tell what's inside), transmitted over the internet to the other end of the VP...

VPN
I am using a Sonicwall for VPN connectivity. We are using NetWare 6.5. Can someone please point me to a TID that will explain all the necessary things I need to do to get my remote client to connect to the NetWare servers. Border Manager is NOT being used at all in this environment. thanks On 5/17/2005 dlorenzen@vtg.biz wrote: > I am using a Sonicwall for VPN connectivity. We are using NetWare 6.5. > Can someone please point me to a TID that will explain all the necessary > things I need to do to get my remote client to connect to the NetWare > servers...

vpn
pcanywhere?!?!?! what kind of encryption does that do? not much AFAIK best to use something that encrypts the traffic I have an SME server (e-smith.org Linux) on my cable modem that is my firewall, webserver, email server, router, NAT, etc.... Been using for years, no problems, very secure. The SME has pptp VPN (128bit) built in. works like a charm, (not as secure as 3DES) I routinely nmap my home server and my work server running checkpoint and my home server gets a higher difficulty rating, much higher, FWIW. you could then use pcanywhere thru the tunnel, this is how I ssh into...

VPN
We are currently using a Cisco VPN 5001 concentrator authenticating to a Cisco Secure Radius Server. I do not manage this hardware/software. I authenticate just fine to the organization itself but as in any organization, the organization spans multiple subnets, networks, etc. The dilemma I am having is logging into my server once I get authenticated. I have a Novell client installed but I cannot login to the server because it does not find it -- here I'm listing the server name, server tree and context. I've also tried mapping drives to the server by IP addres...

VPN
I have BM 3.7, I can authenticate, but can't log in to Netware "Tree or server can't be found". Thank you Craig If you add an entry for the server to your local HOSTS file, does it work? -- Lance Reynolds, CNE I can use VPN fine when I connect to BM from the same subnet(I have a switch on the public side with a test box), however when I try from dialin or on broadband/ADSL from another subnet I get tree or server can not be found. At the moment we are only using BM for VPN. Thank you Cheers Craig Craig, Ok, but the pro...

vpn
hi i setup dsl connection on my laptop but i can't use it via kinternet kinternet don't show it what can i do? :( -- morteza13581358 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please see my post here. 'Bryan 手札 &#8212; 生活記趣 � Opensuse information' (http://lifestory.moqin.com/?cat=344) It will be able to help you. -- Regards, Bryan Yu http://lifestory.moqin.com/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ df6269's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=7...

Web resources about - Cant Remove VPN - novell.bordermanager.vpn

App Launching On Valentine’s Day Allows Users To Remove All Traces Of Exes From Facebook Timelines
Just in time for Valentine’s Day — launching Thursday, in fact — comes mobile application KillSwitch , which allows users who are still Facebook ...

Platform Updates: New User Object fields, Edge.remove Event and More
New User Object fields, Edge.remove event, and more

Facebook updates iOS Pages Manager to improve speed, allow photo editing, but removes detailed post insights ...
Facebook released version 2.0 of its Pages Manager app for iOS on Wednesday, making it faster and including features like photo filters and stickers ...

Visage Lab - best face photo retouch & makeup app! Make a natural eye makeup, whiten teeth, remove pimples ...
Get Visage Lab - best face photo retouch & makeup app! Make a natural eye makeup, whiten teeth, remove pimples, wrinkles & skin blemishes. on ...

Hockey ACT applies to remove concessional leases to build childcare centres
Planning Minister Mick Gentleman has given the green light to the application by Hockey ACT to deconcessionalise its leases in Lyneham and Tuggeranong ...

Tony Abbott warns Oxford University not to remove Cecil Rhodes statue
FORMER Prime Minister Tony Abbott has enraged students at Oxford University by warning the institution would “damage its standing” if it removed ...

Man plays saxophone during surgery to remove brain tumour
... Spanish doctors direct their patient, a saxophonist, to play a few bars of a jazz classic while he undergoes a 12-hour operation to remove a ...

New York Times Removes Reference to President Obama and Cable News
... (@NoahCRothman) December 18, 2015 The Times story was published Thursday, but by Friday morning, the reference to cable news was quietly removed, ...

A not-so-modest proposal to remove atmospheric carbon dioxide
Enlarge / You're gonna need more basalt than that. (credit: Winam ) "The sooner you start socking away part of your paycheck for retirement, ...

How to securely remove your personal data before getting rid of your Mac
It's risky to give away or recycle an old computer. It may fall into the wrong hands: those of a hacker. Follow these steps to encrypt and erase ...