CAn you use the Microsoft VPN client to connect to BM 3.7

--=_alternative 0000D066CA256D67_=

Hi All, I have a BM 3.7 server with VPN services , all runs very well
: )

I have several clients who want to access the VPN using the Microsoft

builtin VPN client rather than installing the Novell VPN client , is
this
possible and if so any tips for getting it to work

Thanks
--=_alternative 0000D066CA256D67_=

VPN services , all runs very well : )</font>
access the VPN using the Microsoft builtin VPN client rather than
installing the Novell VPN client , is this possible and if so any tips
for getting it to work</font>
--=_alternative 0000D066CA256D67_=--

0
Dave

--------------5CA40F1E62E843BE28C45263

NBM 3.7 and older use SKIP as the key exchange protocol, which is not
supported by Windows.  Win XP and older use PPTP as the tunneling
protocol, which is not supported by NetWare.  NBM 3.8 and Win 2003
both
use generic IPSec, so it should work (tho we have not tested that
yet.)

--

Scott Jones, Master CNE
Product Manager - Novell BorderManager

www.novell.com

Dave@nospam.com.au wrote:

> Hi All, I have a BM 3.7 server with VPN services , all runs very
well
> : )
>
> I have several clients who want to access the VPN using the
Microsoft
> builtin VPN client rather than installing the Novell VPN client , is

> this possible and if so any tips for getting it to work
>

> Thanks

--------------5CA40F1E62E843BE28C45263

NBM 3.7 and older use SKIP as the key exchange protocol, which is not
supported
by Windows.&nbsp; Win XP and older use PPTP as the tunneling protocol,

which is not supported by NetWare.&nbsp; NBM 3.8 and Win 2003 both use

generic IPSec, so it should work (tho we have not tested that yet.)
server
with VPN services , all runs very well : )</font></font>
want
to access the VPN using the Microsoft builtin VPN client rather than
installing
the Novell VPN client , is this possible and if so any tips for
getting
it to work</font></font>

--------------5CA40F1E62E843BE28C45263--

0
Scott
7/18/2003 12:22:01 AM
As Scott explained, this isnot possible with the present version of
BM.
It*should* be possible with BM3.8.

--
Cat

CSL

VPN client 3.7 used to connect on BM 3.8
Hi, I need to know if it is possible to have the VPN client 3.7.1 and be able to connect on BorderManager 3.8 and received a local IP address and DNS resolution. Setup is on Nw6.5 sp1b, BM 3.8 sp1, VPN client 3.7.1 Thxs... no, you need the BM3.8 client (and the BM3.8 server) for that. -- Caterina Luppi Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

VPN Client 3.7&3.8 Connects but Can't Run Scripts or Map Drive
We're using BM 3.7 SP3 as: + Firewall + Remote Access Server The VPN Clients 3.7 & 3.8 (SP1a) via LAN are connecting to the tree just fine, but does not run scripts or allow for drive mappings... Nothing in documentation or Novell's site discussing these problems - and yes the VPN options has "RUN SCRIPTS" checked/marked. Does anyone have a remedy? Or do we need to start looking for a new solution not Novell's (this issue should be included with product documentation or web site (which it not), and we should not have to pay for it)? Anyone...

Can I import VPN setting from BM 3.7 into BM 3.8
Hi all, we have a Netware 6.5 server with Bordermanager 3.7. (after migration from NW 5.1) This worked fine for a year, but now the server abends several times a day. Bordermanager is only used for Proxy and VPN. I want to replace the server with a new installed NW6.5 with BM 3.8. Can I quickly and easy import my current VPN settings from BM 3.7? Greetz, Erwin hi Erwin, You can't really "import" the VPN from a server to another one, unless you image it (but at the end you would have an identical server, i.e. 3.7). The safest way is to reconfigure the VPN in t...

BM 3.6 + VPN Client 3.7 + NAT + private ipaddress
Hallo, i've a new vodaphone D2 PCMCIA Data Connect Card ( Germany ) to dial into Internet over VPN-Client to my BM server. It work, but i cannot ping hosts in my private network. Over the provider i became also private ipaddresses ( 10.x.x.x ), so this addresses could not route over the BM !!! Had anyone an idea, if it is possible to route private ip addresses in VPN-Client to private ip addresses to bm ? Or, is it possible to give the vpn-client a second ipaddress from my private network ? How is the way to configure my bm + vpn client to get it to work ??? Or is t...

Connect VPN client thru BM to another VPN
i, I have a problem connecting a client inside my network (10.x.x.x) using a CISCO VPN CLIENT. My firewall is a Bordermanager 3.6 SP2a server using NAT and I want to connect to other VPN server. How I have to configure the BM serfver to connect internal client to access others VPN server ????? Thanks in advance Jose hi Jose, let me understand. Are you trying to connect with a Cisco VPN client to a CIsco VPN server or to a BM VPN server? -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

BM 3.7 VPN client
having issues on 1 XP pro computer - getting version mismatch error b/w application and vptunnel have tried - uninstalling and running vpnregclean.exe, reinstallaing vpn client 3.7.3 - about 6 times but the error still persists should i try a newer vpn client? company standardised on 3.7.3 we have this working properly for everyother vpn user except this one computer - was working ok initially then think user did something and the software stopped working - any other course of action - besides formatting C:? hehehe thanks Theo :) I assume it was this one you followed: http:/...

VPN Client BM 3.7
we have a curios situation, we have 3 VPN-Clients installed. The worked for a long time. But now we have only one use how can use the vpn. On the other logins two we have have a problem. On a (properly working) VPN-client: the Tree will go to green, then a policy error comes up, stop the VPN-client. I have test following: - reset the password of such a user - Check the roles for VPN-Client (one group) - remove and add the user to this vpn-client-group - add a second vpn-clinet-role only for this user (and put on the top of group-policy) - set the User admin-equ. not it do...

iPAQ VPN client to BorderManager 3.7
Hi Does any one know if its possible to use an iPAQ (with a GPRS card) as a VPN client to BorderManger 3.7, if so how? Our laptops (with same GPRS card) work great with the Novell VPN client. Many Thanks Mark Evans hi Mark, there is no VPN client for it... -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Is it possible to configure the PocketPc 2002 VPN on the iPAQ to work with Bordermanager 3.7. Thanks Mark Evans "CSL" <Cat@not-here.com> wrote in message news:3ECCA567.82098DF8@not-here.com... > hi Mark, > > the...

Microsoft VPN client Behind a BM 3.8
We've got a client that has some users that needs to run some apps through a MS vpn connection, They have a Firewall 1 and a BM server, they have issues with the Firewall 1 and almost no support for it, so,, they like us to help them get the users going out through the BM 3.8 instead.. Any ideas if it'll work..??,, and if so,, which exceptions should be needed on the BM..?? I've got craigs books,, but,, havent found the relavant info there yet THanks, MS VPN uses GRE encryption protocol. GRE does not work through Novell's NAT. Craig Johnson N...

Using Linux as a VPN Client with BM 3.8
Just installed SuSE on my laptop, and I'm looking to be able to connect to our BM3.8 VPN server. I came across the Open S/Wan project (sponsored by Novell & SuSE) but they make no mention of Open S/Wan working with BM. Does Open S/Wan work with BM ? Any pointers/gotchas to getting it (or another VPN client) working ? Thanks, GTG In article <pan.2004.11.03.09.16.50.366683@ccwdotgov.uk>, Gordon Ross wrote: > Does Open S/Wan work with BM ? Any pointers/gotchas to getting it (or > another VPN client) working ? > It should work, in certificate mode. (P...

Windows XP and Bordermanager 3.7 VPN client
Hi, Seems to be able to get things to work through my ISP at work (using Windows 98), however Windows XP has worked ONLY once so far. Get IP connection fine (infact can even telnet and ping internal servers), however Netware login never works and hangs up with a "No tree or server found" error. When connection is established it says its an IPX call, (IPX tunnel is on), altough I think it should be IP only, what the heck it connects, I can fix that later. However even with every IPX option turned on on all network interfaces, the IPX box is still grayed out in the...

Did anybody try to get Nokia Mobile VPN Client to connect to a BM VPN server?
If you do not know the software (for symbian mobile phones) see: http://businesssoftware.nokia.com/mobile_vpn_downloads.php This client seems to be very wide adaptable to different Ipsec VPN authentication and encryption methods. But I do not know which methods are implemented on the BM side, so I cannot judge from the documentation, if this can work or is clearly impossible. If it could be made working, that would be a really nice thing. -- W. Prindl W_, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has trigg...

VPN Client BM 3.7
I got a problem this week with a VPN Client ... we tried to connect on our network by our VPN Client ( the last one BM37VPN2 ). Everything was ok but the connection hang on "Performing NetWare Login". The workaround is : Don't forget to setup the SLP information into the Novell Client Propreties. It's very important, otherwise never you will be able to get the login script. This is just a tips in case someone live the same thing then us. Eric Adaris Technologies. Eric, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to...

Bordermanager 3.8 VPN connection but no connection
Hi all, I am testing BM 3.8 VPN and am connecting via NMAS, connecting goes without problems and when I am connected I can ping the inside server ip, the vpn tunnel address and the ip-address that has been supplied by BM. But I cannot connect to any of the services running on my server or login.... <<But I cannot connect to any of the services running on my server or <<login.... What do you mean by that? any example and error message? 1. Which ip address pool is using the vpn client? 2. Which is your internal ip address of the host you are try...

Web resources about - CAn you use the Microsoft VPN client to connect to BM 3.7 - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message