Call to destination VPTUNNEL IP adress is disconnected

------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C2D6CA.008306C0

After change of ISP I tried to put back together the VPN. The change
was =
on a slave server NW6 sp2 BM 3.7

When adding the slave server to the VPN on the master. The call gets =

established, but drops. It is coming up again after reinitialize. But
it =
seems never long enough, slave stuck on being configured.

I can see it is learning the routes to other network.

The following messages appear on the console:

Disconnecting WAN call VPTUNNEL IP adress because the remote router is
=
not responding to the TIMER REQUEST packet.=20

17-02-2003 18:18:34 : CSL-2.6-12=20

Call disconnection for protocol IPX to destination

VPTUNNEL IP-Adress=20

The event occurred for an unknown reason.=20

17-02-2003 18:18:34 : IPXRTR-6.60-120=20

Call to destination VPTUNNEL IP adress is disconnected

Can anyone help me fix this ?

Thanks

Paul

------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C2D6CA.008306C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After change of ISP I tried to put back
=
together the=20
VPN. The change was on a slave server NW6 sp2 BM 3.7</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When adding the slave server to the VPN
=
on the=20
master. The call gets established, but drops. It is coming up again =
after=20
reinitialize. But it seems never long enough, slave stuck on being=20
configured.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I can see it is learning the routes to
=
other=20
network.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The following messages appear on the=20

console:</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Disconnecting WAN call VPTUNNEL&nbsp;IP
=
adress=20
because the remote router is not responding to the TIMER REQUEST
packet. =

</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>17-02-2003 18:18:34 : CSL-2.6-12 =
</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Call disconnection for protocol IPX
to=20
destination</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>VPTUNNEL IP-Adress&nbsp;</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The event occurred for an unknown
reason. =
</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>17-02-2003 18:18:34 : IPXRTR-6.60-120 =

</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Call to destination VPTUNNEL IP =
adress&nbsp;is=20
disconnected</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Can anyone help me fix this
?</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Paul</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</P></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C2D6CA.008306C0--

0
Paul

hi,

make sure that your ISP is not blocking UDP packets and SKIP packets.
Also, make sure that their equipment is not performing UDP
checksumming.

Another thing to check is that the IPX routing protocol in the servers

is RIP/SAP not NSLP with RIP/SAP compatibility.

--
Cat

CSL
2/18/2003 11:06:46 AM
Ok I will check this.

0
Paul
2/18/2003 11:42:52 AM
I checked with ISP, not blocking packets or checksumming

 IPX is set to RIP/SAP.

I unloade filters on all VPN memebers, no change so I figure it is not
in
the filters.

The only that seems wrong is that there is no VPTUNNEL interface on
the
slave server.

How will it get there ? Should it come in there when creating the VPN
slave
? Or should it come in when establishing the connection ?

Can I add the interface manually ?

Lot of questions ! Got any answers ?

Thanks for helping.

Regards ,

Paul

0
Paul
2/18/2003 1:00:40 PM

Hi Paul

> I checked with ISP, not blocking packets or checksumming

Ok. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure they aren't blocking SKIP? I (sadly) found
out that
many ISPs don't even know what a SKIP packet is...so they allow all
UDP, all
TCP and ICMP, but this is not enough because SKIP doesnt' fall in any
of these
packet types.

>  IPX is set to RIP/SAP.

OK!

> I unloade filters on all VPN memebers, no change so I figure it is
not in
> the filters.

just to be on the safe side, take a look at your filters file, and
make sure
that the public IP address appearing there for both exceptions and
filters is
the correct one.

> The only that seems wrong is that there is no VPTUNNEL interface on
the
> slave server.
>
> How will it get there ? Should it come in there when creating the
VPN slave
> ? Or should it come in when establishing the connection ?

In the slave VPN the VPTUNNEL board is loaded only when it finally
manages to
communicate with the master. If this doesn't happen, it will not load,
and
there is no way to load it manually.

> Can I add the interface manually ?

nope.

--
Cat

CSL
2/18/2003 1:53:50 PM
> Ok. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure they aren't blocking SKIP? I (sadly)
found out
that
> many ISPs don't even know what a SKIP packet is...so they allow all
UDP,
all
> TCP and ICMP, but this is not enough because SKIP doesnt' fall in
any of
these
> packet types.

They don't know what SKIP packets are !! So the answer they are not
blocking
these packets is of little value ! Can I check anyway myself ?

I looked at the filters (Master) found 3 filters for VPN SKIP,Keep
alive,
AuthGW

Destination IP first slave server. So I created the same filters to
the
second slave.

Should the first slave server have these filters too ? I think it
should.

When setting up the second slave server the filters were updated, do I
need
to review them ? Are the default filters  not working ?

Thanks again.

0
Paul
2/18/2003 2:17:59 PM

Hi Paul,

> They don't know what SKIP packets are !! So the answer they are not
blocking
> these packets is of little value ! Can I check anyway myself ?

there isn't really a way to check that yourself unless you have access
to their
Firewall.
Maybe try to explain to them that the SKIP packets are IP packets of
type 57,
NOT TCP, UDP or ICMP.
Usually they feel bad and start looking at the issue :-)

> I looked at the filters (Master) found 3 filters for VPN SKIP,Keep
alive,
> AuthGW

Ok.

> Destination IP first slave server. So I created the same filters to
the
> second slave.
>
> Should the first slave server have these filters too ? I think it
should.

Is this in the master or in the slave?
Each server should have these exceptions with the IP specified being
*its own*
Ip address, not the IP address of the other servers.

> When setting up the second slave server the filters were updated, do
I need
> to review them ? Are the default filters  not working ?

The def. filters should be working BUT the "update the filters" option
in VPNCFG
doesn't always work.

--
Cat

CSL
2/18/2003 3:47:39 PM
Ok so maybe this went wrong. I will review all filters and if this
makes no
differnce I'll get back to the ISP.

Thanks for quick responding.

Bye, will be back later on.

Paul

0
Paul
2/18/2003 3:59:21 PM
ok, let me know.

--
Cat

CSL
2/19/2003 10:36:27 AM
Yes it was the filters. The update vpn filters did not work. When I
put them
in there the VPN was running again.

Thanks a lot for helping me.

Regards,

Paul

0
Paul
2/19/2003 9:04:02 PM
hi Paul,

cool, glad you got it working. THe "update filters" option in VPNCFG
is
quite missleading. I think I saw it working properly only in the 10%
of
the cases :-)

--
Cat

CSL

Call disconnection for...IP on...VPTUNNEL
I've read quite a ways back looking for this issue, but didn't find it exactly. I get the following error every 5-10 minutes on my Slave BorderManager 3.7 (with SP2) on NetWare 6 (with SP3): 5-03-2003 2:55:59 am: CSL-2.6-21 Call disconnection for protocol IP on interface VPTUNNEL. The event occurred for an unknown reason. It reconnects after a minute or two. Is this just a traffic issue? The server is timesynched to the Master. IPX is routing without a problem. Shea Anderson Any chance of a routing loop? Are the subnets unique throughout the ...

connecting slave vpn server / vptunnel, call destination
Hello I just wanted to configure a site to site vpn but I can get them connected. The master is okay, but whenever I configure the slave with vpncfg ...... I wouldn't get a vptunnel entry in the inetcfg and also no entry for the wan call destination (both sides could open the tunnel). I think this should happen during the vpncfg or am I wrong ? When I check the slave now with the pktscan I can see that there are SKIP packets coming from the master. Sometimes also a view ones on port 213. But I think since there is no vptunnel it can't get up. Csaudit tell "SKI...

VPtunnel IP adress
HI, must be IP address of VPtunnel strictly A or B or C, can be 10.100.0.1/24 ? jan.puncochar@witte-nejdek.cz wrote: > can be 10.100.0.1/24 ? Technically, yes. It's always best to use the class C range of 192.168.x.x though. -- Lance Reynolds, CNE Using XanaNews 1.13.2.10 OK. When I use e.g. 10.100.0.1/24 = subneting, routing to VPtunnet don't work. "Lance Reynolds" <cnelanceNO@SPAMnetscape.net> p�e v diskusn�m p��sp vku news:87b6a.32$j15.13@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > jan.puncochar@witte-nejdek.cz wrot...

Need for separated ip adress to implementate VPN?
We have a permanent connection on the internet trouch our BM 3.6 Our provider can not /wil not deliver 2 ip adress for our company. Can I implementate VPN channel and surfing and email within one ip address? Thanks in advange. Siebe Bosch ICT, de tjongerschans 0513 685060 sbosch@tjongerschans.nl In theory , yes .. As each of the services uses a different port , inbound e-mail and the VPN can all share the same public IP address. hi, > We have a permanent connection on the internet trouch our BM 3.6 > Our provider can not /wil not deliver 2...

How can I reslove IP adresses from C2S VPN Clients!
I need to reach my VPN C2S PC from Inside. We must customize this pc from remote! ______________________________________________ Gebics GmbH IT Consulting & Service Stefan Grzenkowski Gesch�ftsf�hrer Heinkel Str. 5 68804 Altlu�heim Tel: +49 (0) 6205 3097 12 Fax: +49 (0) 6205 3097 49 email: sg@gebics.de http://www.gebics.de http://www.gebics-software.de _____________________________________________ In article <bm4Sc.935$4q.113@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Stefan Grzenkowski wrote: > I need to reach my VPN C2S PC from Inside. > > We must c...

Bordermanager vpn vs Cisco router vpn etc
I have a small client with a Novell 5.x server with about 35 clients, many of which are needing some sort of vpn access. Trying to figure out if it is easier to setup border manager for vpn access on the server or simply get a router that will provide vpn access. Which would be easier or more cost effective in this scenario over a dsl connection. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks Paul I guess it depends a lot on cost. Do you already have BMgr? (A copy that includes client-site VPN?) If so, just install that and configure it. As for using ...

call, call(), .call, and captures
From S06: sub bar ($a,$b,$c,:$mice) { say $mice } sub foo (\$args) { say $args.perl; &bar.call($args); } The C<.call> method of C<Code> objects accepts a single C<Capture> object, and calls it without introducing a C<CALLER> frame. And from S12: In addition to C<next METHOD>, the special function C<call> dispatches to the next candidate, possibly with a new argument list: call; # calls with the original arguments call(); # calls with no arguments call(1,2,3); # calls ...

VPN LOGIN:A version mismatch exist between vpn application and vptunnel
Hi The cited errormessage comes on a client(Win 2000, ZoneAlarm) when trying to connect to our Border Manager ver. 3.6. The client is the one for ver 3.7. Others in my company does not have the problem. I couldn't find the error in the knowledge database. Do you have a suggestion? Thanks in advance! Christian K. hi Christina, I have seen other users solving this problem by removing/reinstalling the VPN client. Also, try to disable Zonealarm completely to see if it helps (for a test) -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

IP Adressing
Hello everybody, my VPN is running well. But is it possible to give a vpn user an IP- Address directly ? Thx in advance Martin Hi, what do you mean by "directly"? Could you please explain what you're trying to do? -- Cat NSC Volunteer Sysop Sorry, is it possible to give a unique IP to a special customer ? Thx > Hi, > > what do you mean by "directly"? Could you please explain what you're > trying to do? > > -- > Cat > NSC Volunteer Sysop > is it possible to give a unique IP to a speci...

IP adress
How obtain ip address from pb. I use pb 9.0 Alex Real to the rescue: http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0132.html Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation <Alex> wrote in message news:4563711d.7039.1681692777@sybase.com... > How obtain ip address from pb. I use pb 9.0 > > Alex Sir I got u r ID from google search. so sorry for using this ID without your permision Here i am using PB10 and Oracle8. One problem is comming that, when i retrieve data from Oracle it shows as Squares. (I can't read).What i do see the data in correct mode. When i using PB6, it...

IP adresses...
Hi I'm having a problem getting the masked textbox working with IP adresses and FDX. Im setting up the format to be ###.###.###.###, and that works fine, but the output text is the string without the dots. I have allready tried to set up the output format to S:###.###.###.### but the result is the same, except the box can't display the address when it hasn't got focus. I've heard that the new commoncontrols have an IP section. How do I utilize that from Power++? I would appreciate any help offered. Thanks Jesper Dalberg Try an Input mask of: ###\.###\...

BorderManager VPN
Hi, I have a customer who is looking for a VPN solution (No more details yet...) Anyhow they have Border Manager 3.8 for proxy. However another site of theirs uses ISA. I know very little about either products. and would like to know peoples views? is BM a good product for VPN, are their better 3rd Party products? Thanks Hi, I use BM vpns all over the place & rate them highly. The 3.8 release was a major step forward as we now use the ipsec standard for site to site transport & can now talk to any other industry standard ipsec vpn endpoint. Client to...

VPN disconnecting
I have a customer with a BM 3.7 to BM 3.7 VPN, using citrix at the HQ (Master) to deliver apps to the remote (Slave) site. Master is BM3.7 SP1, NW6 SP2 Slave is BM3.7 NW5.1 SP4 Users complain of the VPN dropping/disconnecting intermitantly (although no work is lost) I can only find 2 errors in the Activity logs for the master server (none on slave server); "An error occured while reading file SYS:_Netware\VPN|VPNMDB.DAT" - which i think is a hard disk error- a RAID 5 drive failed recently and was replaced. "VPN Site-to-site licence is not available&quo...

IP Adresses
Hi, When I install my netware 6.x server, I have to fill in the ip adres, dns name and subnet masks. I have a Cable connection to my server, with a dhcp server. Is there anyway to make netware able to resolve my dhcp infromation instead of filling out all the information? Thx, Rolf r.kransse@hotmail.com, There is a DHCP Client available for NetWare, refer to TID 2965038. However I don't think you can use it during the NW install. You need to install NW first and then configure the DHCP client. -- //Niclas Ekstedt _______________________________ Niclas Ekste...

Web resources about - Call to destination VPTUNNEL IP adress is disconnected - novell.bordermanager.vpn

This Technology Has Been Disconnected - a set on Flickr
Underneath the elevated West Side Highway at 135th and 12th Avenue I found this telephone graveyard. At least a one hundred old, battered pay ...

Logan house fire sparked by candles after electricity had been disconnected
A large family left homeless after fire gutted a Logan home was using candles to light the dining room because the power had been cut off earlier ...

RBA 'disconnected with the market': agents deny office market slump
Commercial property agents have dismissed suggestions made by RBA Govenor, Glenn Stevens, that there is a pending slump in the sector.

What Happened When I Truly Disconnected
I woke up one morning about four weeks ago and realised in a flash that I’d hit a wall. Most days I can’t wait to get to work. On this day... ...

More homes have electricity disconnected
UP TO 23,000 households in NSW had their electricity cut off for failing to pay their bills last year, a new report has found.

NBN fail: telcos leave customers disconnected
... or internet. Australia's peak consumer advocacy group for telco-related matters has slammed phone providers for leaving some customers disconnected ...

Mother: Gas Company Disconnected Service Without Warning, Reason
A Marion mother is relieved to have her heat back on after she said the gas company disconnected it for no reason. Find out more.

Broken cable reportedly disconnected US island territory from Internet
Northern Mariana Islands relies on a single under-sea fiber cable, which broke.

Towson professor explores whether social media have left us disconnected
Towson University professor Andrew Reiner is concerned that the desire to be "liked" online has bled into the real-life interactions of some ...