BorderManager VPN

Hi,

I have a customer who is looking for a VPN solution  (No more details
yet...)

Anyhow they have Border Manager 3.8 for proxy.  However another site of
theirs uses ISA.

I know very little about either products.  and would like to know
peoples views?

is BM a good product for VPN,  are their better 3rd Party products?

Peter

I use BM vpns all over the place & rate them highly. The 3.8 release
was a major step forward as we now use the ipsec standard for site to
site transport & can now talk to any other industry standard ipsec vpn
endpoint.

Client to site is excelent, but there's no PPTP support so you'll need
a proper vpn client.

You can do the site to site with hardware devices like PIX, but thats
expensive and inflexible. If you've got BM, then i would definatly
recommend using the vpn facilities.

Cheers,

Steve

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:19:26 GMT, Peter Norris <norrisp76@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a customer who is looking for a VPN solution  (No more details
>yet...)
>
>Anyhow they have Border Manager 3.8 for proxy.  However another site of
>theirs uses ISA.
>
>I know very little about either products.  and would like to know
>peoples views?
>
>is BM a good product for VPN,  are their better 3rd Party products?
>
>Thanks

0
Steve
4/13/2005 11:27:27 AM
Steve Aitken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use BM vpns all over the place & rate them highly. The 3.8 release
> was a major step forward as we now use the ipsec standard for site to
> site transport & can now talk to any other industry standard ipsec vpn
> endpoint.
>
> Client to site is excelent, but there's no PPTP support so you'll need
> a proper vpn client.
>
> You can do the site to site with hardware devices like PIX, but thats
> expensive and inflexible. If you've got BM, then i would definatly
> recommend using the vpn facilities.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve
>
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:19:26 GMT, Peter Norris <norrisp76@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I have a customer who is looking for a VPN solution  (No more details
>>yet...)
>>
>>Anyhow they have Border Manager 3.8 for proxy.  However another site of
>>theirs uses ISA.
>>
>>I know very little about either products.  and would like to know
>>peoples views?
>>
>>is BM a good product for VPN,  are their better 3rd Party products?
>>
>>Thanks

Thanks Steve for your reply. Will do some reading.  Also would like to
put it in on our server at work rather than ISA.  We are licensed for both.

0
Peter