Bordermanager vpn vs Cisco router vpn etc

I have a small client with a Novell 5.x server with about 35 clients,
many
of which are needing some sort of vpn access.  Trying to figure out if
it is
easier to setup border manager for vpn access on the server or simply
get a
router that will provide vpn access.  Which would be easier or more
cost
effective in this scenario over a dsl connection.  Any suggestions or
comments are appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

0
Paul

I guess it depends a lot on cost.  Do you already have BMgr? (A copy
that includes client-site VPN?)  If so, just install that and
configure
it.

As for using a router-based VPN, Cisco is not the only one out there.

With BMgr, you can use NDS authentication, so that the use logs in
with
the usual user ID & password.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://nscsysop.hypermart.net ***

0
Craig

Cisco VPN and Bordermanager authentication
When we had, BM 3.5, we were able to use the Cisco vpn concentrator to dial into our network. We would be authenticated via Bordermanagers Radius feature and thus into the network. After upgrading to 2.7, I can connect and authenticate to bordermanager and thus achieve a vpn connection, but I cant do anything in terns of network admin roles. It seems that I cant get passed bordermanager and enter the network. Any ideas? Can you ping any internal IP addresses? Did you used to have a static route to the dial-in subnet on the old 3.5 server? Craig Johnson Nov...

BorderManager VPN
Hi, I have a customer who is looking for a VPN solution (No more details yet...) Anyhow they have Border Manager 3.8 for proxy. However another site of theirs uses ISA. I know very little about either products. and would like to know peoples views? is BM a good product for VPN, are their better 3rd Party products? Thanks Hi, I use BM vpns all over the place & rate them highly. The 3.8 release was a major step forward as we now use the ipsec standard for site to site transport & can now talk to any other industry standard ipsec vpn endpoint. Client to...

BMEE VPN and Cisco PIX VPN
Quick question on VPNs. Finally got my Bordermanager VPN to work thru my PIX firewall by being a little creative...by VPNing within a VPN. To explain, the connection goes from my ISP > PIX 515 > Bordermanager 3.7 > Internal network. I have enabled VPN on both the PIX and Bordermanager servers so I connect to the PIX VPN and then to my Bordermanager VPN (within the PIX VPN). The PIX vpn is darned quick, but connecting to my BMEE box is almost too slow to consider useful. I can run programs, but drive mappings come and go and launching any executable from the internal ne...

Cisco VPN or BM VPN open question..
Hi People, I have a customer, they have a small Netware deployment (100 Users), and like the Novell Technologies. They are now looking to provide their own internet access (currently hosted) Therefore they are going to need a Proxy server and a VPN server. Cisco salesman has been in and told them the best option is to use a Cisco VPN (I guess this only does VPN and not Proxy but I am not sure of the Details.) Was just wondering if anyone had any views, whether to use CISCO vpn or BM. So far I can think of... 1) I think that BM will be cheaper? 2) They have a Netwar...

Problems with VPN with Bordermanager over a Linux Router (NAT)
Hi, I have a little problem: My Windows-Box is behind a Linux-Box (Mandrake 9.1 and iptables). The linux-box is the gateway for all windows-boxes. On the windows-box (IP: 192.168.1.12) I have installed BorderManager 3.7 R2. When I try to connect to a VPN-Server (outside of my LAN - over the Internet) I can connect, but no crypted packets were received. When I use a dial-up connection to the internet direct on the windows-box (AVM-Fritz-card) the vpn-connect works fine. So, can anyone help me which port I have to forward to my windows-box ?? And how I can do this (with ip...

NBM VPN-Client /w Cisco VPN Concentrator
Hi all, Is it possible to use the Novell BorderManager VPN-Client to connect to a Cisco VPN Concentrator? If so, can anybody point me in a direction how to set this up? Thanks in advance. Rgrds, Martijn Yes, it should be possible, but no, I don't know where to point for config info. However, as part of interoperability testing (for VPN certification), I'm pretty sure this scenario was tested and worked. Myself, I would first get the BMgr VPN set up (with BMgr VPN client and BMgr VPN server) to do certificate-based authentication, so that you know what to do on...

Help With Setting a VPN With a Linksys VPN Capable Router
I have been trying to use our Linksys BEFSX41's VPN capabilities. VPN's are something about which I know little and Linksys's information on the subject is at best sparse. I was hoping that someone in our group here could point me in the direction of some "how-to's" on the subject. Everything that I have found to date seems like it starts on chapter 3, what I need is chapters 1 and 2. The only way of testing my setup is to attempt to contact the cable route via an internet connection from a dialup account on my notebook. I have download and tested Micr...

VPN C2S using Cisco VPN Client to BM38...
Has anyone got the Cisco VPN Client successfully connecting to a BM38 server? Is so, is there an Appnote like for S2S using BM38 to Cisco IOS... I have seen quite a few posts about this subject by no real positive stuff like....I've got it working!! Cheers, Richard. Hello Richard, i'm only know two tid's from novell discribe this problem, but i dosn't know someone how get it work ;-) S2S Cisco and BM: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10090479.htm C2S Cisco to BM http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/1009543...

S2S VPN bm38 and Cisco VPN concentrator 3000
Hello again, I need to make a Lan 2 Lan VPN between a CISCO VPN 3000 and bm3.8. I just recently upgraded from BM3.7 and has legacy VPN working, but no S2S enabled. I'm a bit confused about alle the settings in IManager and need a little guidance, can anyone help or point me to som "easy to read" checklist. I have bought Craig Johnson's 2 books, but haven't quite read all 1223 pages :-) regards Anders, Denmark In my book, the closest section would be the example for the Linksys router used as a S2S member. You want the very latest version, released...

Bordermanager 3.5 and Cisco Pix to Pix VPN
I am setting up a Cisco Pix to Cisco Pix VPN from a main office to a branch office. at the main office behind the Cisco Pix is going to be the Novell Bordermanager server with multiple ip addresses on its external interface. How can I set up BorderManager to allow all traffic from and to the remote network over the Cisco Pix VPN? Brad bphelps@integranetics.com wrote: > I am setting up a Cisco Pix to Cisco Pix VPN from a main office to a > branch office. at the main office behind the Cisco Pix is going to be > the Novell Bordermanager server with multiple ip ad...

BorderManager VPN Stops working after ISP has router probs
BM 3.6 VPN. We have two server to server VPN connections. Both have been trouble free for over a year. Recently, the ISP for one of the remote offices had a router melt down. The router was repaired/replaced several hours later. Since then(3 days ago), we have not been able to re-establish the VPN. If I "reset" the VPN tunnel, the server on the other side "hears" it and states that the VPN has become disconnected and re-connected. However, no traffic seems to be able to get through the tunnel. I assume the ISP made some change to their router to cause...

VPN etc.etc.etc.
Hi, I'm usually working at the office with my machine on the same network as my MS SQL Database. Everything is fine and unless I do something silly the queries I perform on the database, implementing stored procedures, are always fine and speedy. When I go home and 'dial in' - connect using my home broadband line to the office network over VPN - and get a local, static IP similar to the office IP's my ASP.NET Web Application suddenly can't perform successful queries any more. My MS SQL Enterprise Manager client can see everything in the database perfectly. I can even view the data...

VPN
Where might I find/configure a log of who connects to our VPN, whether or not they login to Netware once connected, etc. The login to Netware portion is relatively unimportant, but I would like to track basic information like remote IP, username, connect time, disconnect time, etc. Netware 6.5, BorderManager 3.8/SP4/IR3. Client is 3.8.11 for all remote users. We currently have two working VPNs - different servers, different OU's. TIA. -S- I don't know if this has changed in later versions of BM but this is how I monitor activity in BM 3.7. Open NWADM...

legacy vpn + new vpn
Hi, I am running a bordermanager nw6 3.7 server configured as a master vpn server. The slave is also a nw6 3.7 server and is in another country. Now we need to put another slave to this vpn, however w'd like to do that with bordermanager 3.8. The question is if we update this server from 3.7 to 3.8, will the legacy vpn run without a problem, while 3.7 on the other side is running. (I think this will be no problem, correct me if I am wrong) On the other hand I want to configure a new master vpn on the same server by use of imanager. The other slave will be the new company. I...

Web resources about - Bordermanager vpn vs Cisco router vpn etc - novell.bordermanager.vpn

NetIQ eDirectory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations ...

Novell - Blackboard
Novell helped invent the corporate network in the early 1980s and continues to drive technology for business today. Network software began with ...

Information
The site is using a web proxy cache , such as Novell BorderManager FastCache , Apache Traffic Server or a server running the open source Squid ...

Novell BorderManager 3.9
Novell BorderManager offers robust Internet access controls, content filtering capabilities, secure VPN services and firewall services supported ...

Patch Finder
... of your choice. Standard Select Select a Product Access Governance Access Manager Account Management (NAM) Apache AppArmor Audit BorderManager ...

Press Releases - SuperLumin
June 11, 2013 SuperLumin Event Proxy Provides 5,000 Attendees with High-Speed Web Browsing Experience at Adobe MAX Conference May 7, 2013 ...

Support - SUSE
SUSE's world class support organization offers customers the best support experience in the industry.

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is an American multinational software and services company headquartered in Provo, Utah . It has been instrumental ...

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is a software and services company. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Attachmate Group . It specializes in ...

IPX/SPX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IPX and SPX are derived from Xerox Network Systems ' IDP and SPP protocols, respectively. IPX is a network layer protocol (layer 3 of the OSI ...