Bordermanager VPN-client 3.8.x + netware6.0 + Vista

I'm currently using bordermanager 3.8.16 installed on my Windows Vista
and connecting to my office by the Bordermanager VPN-client to a
netware6-server (they refuse to upgrade to 6.5) and it's working!
(but!).

.. but every hour when my ISP renews it's lease for the IP-adress it
won't succeed and the VPN-client and my internet-connection stops
working.

Then I have to disconnect/logout the VPN and then reconnect to my ISP
and then reconnect/login to the VPN

I also found out that the VPN doesn't work when I'm behind a NAT (but
that works on my other computer (with Windows XP).

I know Vista isn't supported on 3.8.x, but I'm wondering if it will get
supported in some patch? Or can I perhaps install Bordermanager 3.9SP1
and use it on Netware6 allthough it says in the requirements that it
has to be netware6.5?

--
reenhilm

reenhilm

reenhilm wrote:

> I know Vista isn't supported on 3.8.x, but I'm wondering if it will get
> supported in some patch? Or can I perhaps install Bordermanager 3.9SP1
> and use it on Netware6 allthough it says in the requirements that it
> has to be netware6.5?

bm39sp1 contains a specific vpn client for vista. You do not have to
upgrade the server to use it

Gonzalo
0
mysterious
3/19/2008 1:38:40 PM
But when I'm on this page 'Novell: Downloads'
(http://tinyurl.com/3cfd6u)

... it says PLATFORMS: Netware 6.5 when doing a mouseover on the link
"BorderManager 3.9 Support Pack1".

and when following the link "BorderManager 3.9 Support Pack1" it once
again says Platforms: Netware 6.5. And when reading a bit further down
on that page under System Requirements:

"1.0 System Requirements

Make sure that NetWare 6.5 SP6 or SP7 with Novell
BorderManager 3.9 is installed in your system, before
you install Novell BorderManager 3.9 SP1."

but if you tell me it works with netware6 I trust you Gonzalo (you've
helped me once before). Thanks again, I'll try it.

//reenhilm aka gummi

--
reenhilm
reenhilm's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=10939

0
reenhilm
3/19/2008 2:56:03 PM
reenhilm wrote:
> But when I'm on this page 'Novell: Downloads'
> (http://tinyurl.com/3cfd6u)
>
> .. it says PLATFORMS: Netware 6.5 when doing a mouseover on the link
> "BorderManager 3.9 Support Pack1".
>
> and when following the link "BorderManager 3.9 Support Pack1" it once
> again says Platforms: Netware 6.5. And when reading a bit further down
> on that page under System Requirements:
>
> "1.0 System Requirements
>
> Make sure that NetWare 6.5 SP6 or SP7 with Novell
> BorderManager 3.9 is installed in your system, before
> you install Novell BorderManager 3.9 SP1."
>
> but if you tell me it works with netware6 I trust you Gonzalo (you've
> helped me once before). Thanks again, I'll try it.
>
> //reenhilm aka gummi
>
> mysterious;1518858 Wrote:
>> bm39sp1 contains a specific vpn client for vista. You do not have to
>> upgrade the server to use it
>>
>> Gonzalo

no no, you do not have to install anything on the server. Just download
the bm39sp1 and extracted. Then in the vpn directory you'll find the vpn
client for vista. You can use this vpn client with any bm version on
your server.

Gonzalo
0
mysterious
3/19/2008 3:01:50 PM
reenhilm wrote:
> I'm currently using bordermanager 3.8.16 installed on my Windows Vista
> and connecting to my office by the Bordermanager VPN-client to a
> netware6-server (they refuse to upgrade to 6.5) and it's working!
> (but!).
>
> . but every hour when my ISP renews it's lease for the IP-adress it
> won't succeed and the VPN-client and my internet-connection stops
> working.
>
> Then I have to disconnect/logout the VPN and then reconnect to my ISP
> and then reconnect/login to the VPN

this sounds as you've got "all network" encrypted setting, instead to
have only the internal ones

Gonzalo
0
mysterious
3/19/2008 3:03:35 PM
I can't find that setting, using Windows Vista and a wireless
accesspoint (the accesspoint has encryption). Allthough the Windows
XP-computer uses the same wireless accesspoint and has no problems..

Where do you change the setting you speak of?

I've looked in my network-adapter-properties (where all the protocols
are listed TPC/IP, Novell Virtual Private Network, File and Printer
Sharing ... a.s.o.) but can't find any encryption settings there.

is it a bordermanager setting? on the server or the client?

--
reenhilm
reenhilm's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=10939
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=320712

0
reenhilm
3/19/2008 4:26:02 PM
reenhilm wrote:
> I can't find that setting, using Windows Vista and a wireless
> accesspoint (the accesspoint has encryption). Allthough the Windows
> XP-computer uses the same wireless accesspoint and has no problems..
>
> Where do you change the setting you speak of?
>
> I've looked in my network-adapter-properties (where all the protocols
> are listed TPC/IP, Novell Virtual Private Network, File and Printer
> Sharing ... a.s.o.) but can't find any encryption settings there.
>
> is it a bordermanager setting? on the server or the client?

it is a server settings
0
mysterious
3/19/2008 4:28:03 PM
I can't find that setting, using Windows Vista and a wireless
accesspoint (the accesspoint has encryption). Allthough the Windows
XP-computer uses the same wireless accesspoint and has no problems..

Where do you change the setting you speak of?

I've looked in my network-adapter-properties (where all the protocols
are listed TPC/IP, Novell Virtual Private Network, File and Printer
Sharing ... a.s.o.) but can't find any encryption settings there.

is it a bordermanager setting? on the server or the client?

--
reenhilm
reenhilm's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=10939
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=320712

0
reenhilm
3/19/2008 8:36:02 PM
In article <reenhilm.36j2pc@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Reenhilm wrote:
> I've looked in my network-adapter-properties (where all the protocols
> are listed TPC/IP, Novell Virtual Private Network, File and Printer
> Sharing ... a.s.o.) but can't find any encryption settings there.
>
> is it a bordermanager setting? on the server or the client?

You would see this after a successful VPN login by looking at the
policies tab of the VPN client.  (Click on the VPN icon in the system
tray).

What's listed there is simply whatever traffic rules get applied to
that client.  They are configured in iManager in the BMgr Traffic Rules
menu in the C2S VPN config.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig

Bordermanager VPN Client 3.8.4
Hi, I've downloaded the last version of Bordermanager VPN Client (3.8.4) and after install it and reboot my computer i can not launch it cause clnwin32.dll is missing. I've tried it in diferent computers and still the same. Is the file on the network corrupted? am i doing anything wrong? Thanks, Carlos. That just happens if i do not have the novell client installed on the workstation. do i need the novell client to make novell vpn client work? i think must be something wrong wit this new version of the vpn client. Carlos. We noticed that error message, too....

Silent install VPN client 3.8.1 and 3.8.2 ResultCode=-3
When i do a silent install of the VPN client 3.8.2 the setup will crash within the installation. (halfway the silent install) The log file gives a ResultCode=-3. When i start the silent install for the second time everything is OK. [InstallShield Silent] Version=v6.00.000 File=Log File [ResponseResult] ResultCode=-3 [Application] Name=Novell BorderManager VPN Client Version=3.8.0 Company=Novell Lang=0009 Is there a solution for this problem? Michiel I ve found the problem. The problem is starting a silent install from a networkdrive. When the silent install runs t...

NBM 3.8 VPN Client to a Cisco VPN server
Where might I find detailed instruction on setting this up ? thanks ed There is some info here: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10090479.htm But I'm not sure it is complete. There was a thread on this here in the past couple of days, so you should search back a bit. Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com *** ...

iPAQ VPN client to BorderManager 3.7
Hi Does any one know if its possible to use an iPAQ (with a GPRS card) as a VPN client to BorderManger 3.7, if so how? Our laptops (with same GPRS card) work great with the Novell VPN client. Many Thanks Mark Evans hi Mark, there is no VPN client for it... -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Is it possible to configure the PocketPc 2002 VPN on the iPAQ to work with Bordermanager 3.7. Thanks Mark Evans "CSL" <Cat@not-here.com> wrote in message news:3ECCA567.82098DF8@not-here.com... > hi Mark, > > the...

Bordermanager 3.8 Site-Site VPN
Hi all! I am testing VPN SITE to SITE on BM 3.8 at the moment, I have client-site working already but I can't get the site-site to work. Which Certificates should be on the servers?? and where do I have to put them?? Any ideas?? In article <BUoxb.11513$I04.4852@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Stefan ten Hoeve wrote: > Which Certificates should be on the servers?? and where do I have to put > them?? > The BMgr 3.8 iManager should have created special VPN certs, and put then where they are needed. Did you allow iManager to create certs for...

Bordermanager 3.8 VPN connection but no connection
Hi all, I am testing BM 3.8 VPN and am connecting via NMAS, connecting goes without problems and when I am connected I can ping the inside server ip, the vpn tunnel address and the ip-address that has been supplied by BM. But I cannot connect to any of the services running on my server or login.... <<But I cannot connect to any of the services running on my server or <<login.... What do you mean by that? any example and error message? 1. Which ip address pool is using the vpn client? 2. Which is your internal ip address of the host you are try...

BorderManager 3.8 VPN site to site
A costumer has two BorderManager 3.8 servers running on Netware 6.5 sp1. A VPN site to site connection is configured. After the installation of the IP Domestic stack on both servers, the stack seems to be corrupt. ( At console : perl nwccdbm38:\tcpip\instal.pl -f ) MONITOR.NLM , NWCONFIG cannot be started. And at the server boot proces, the time synchronization is timing out due to the lack of an IP connection. When the server is running the time synchronization has been established after a while. Tried to manually copy the TCPIP, TCP and BSDSOCK nlm. ( DOMESTIC ) from te servi...

Atheros Client 3+ fails with VPN Client 3.8+ on Windows 2000
We are using new HP NC4010 and NC8000 laptops with the built-in HP WLAN 802.11 a/b/g W500 Wireless NIC. We have the Novell 4.90 SP1 client installed, along with the Bordermanager VPN Client 3.8.9 installed. The systems have the latest BIOS, the latest driver for the NIC from HP (ver 4.0.0.140), the latest Atheros Client provided by HP (ver 4.1.0.132) Our experience has been this.... When running Bordermanager VPN client 3.7 w/any Atheros Client version --> No Problems (This is an unacceptable workaround as we are moving to a Bordermanager 3.8 VPN server and need the clie...

Windows XP and Bordermanager 3.7 VPN client
Hi, Seems to be able to get things to work through my ISP at work (using Windows 98), however Windows XP has worked ONLY once so far. Get IP connection fine (infact can even telnet and ping internal servers), however Netware login never works and hangs up with a "No tree or server found" error. When connection is established it says its an IPX call, (IPX tunnel is on), altough I think it should be IP only, what the heck it connects, I can fix that later. However even with every IPX option turned on on all network interfaces, the IPX box is still grayed out in the...

Bordermanager 3.8 VPN Local Lan not reachable...
Hi! A customer of ours wants to use his bordermanager 3.8 client from home AND browse the internet through his own internet connection. At this time when he connects to the client to site vpn he cannot access the local network nor can he browse the internet through his own gateway. (he can through the gateway of the network where the vpn server is on though) Is there any way to set the client-to-site service up so that he connects to the vpn server but still can browse the local network and the internet? Thx stefan Stefan, you'll need to configure a traffic rule all...

VPN 3.6 slave to VPN 3.8 master
I have more or less gone through what I could to set this up. I exported the BM 3.8 master encryption key (minfo.vpn) and imported that to the BM 3.6 slave without any issue. I then created the slave (sinfo.vpn) file. I had setup the vpn tunnel ip's as 192.168.10.1 and when these were both masters, clients could access either one perfectly. We know the VPN's work. I changed 1 to a slave, but I halted what I was doing as I noted that the master and slave networks both are using 192.168.0.x for the private IP's. Questions: 1. Can a 3.6 slave talk to a 3.8 master?...

openSUSE 11 + Bordermanager 3.8, how to set up VPN connection?
hi all, running opensuse 11, I was wondering if anyone managed to establish a = Client2Site VPN against a BM 3.8 server? How would I best do that, what = extra SW is needed and how to set up the BM server (which accepts only = compatible and NMAS mode connections right now. Would the VPN client for = BM3.9/SLED10 be helpful? Any ideas? Cheers, lothar Hi, I hope you get an answer because I would like to do exactly the same thing with one exception. Our BM server is 3.9. Thanks. -- jlsheph ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jlshe...

How to uninstall Border Manager VPN Client 3.8 from a Vista?
Hello, I managed to install Border Manager VPN Client 3.8 on my Vista laptop. Six months later, I found out that vptunnel.sys is the reason causing my laptop crashed averaging once a week. I followed the �Why does installation of the latest VPN client or uninstall of the previous VPN client fail?� section in Novell Border Manager Troubleshooting Guide, and uninstall network adapters� bindings, I got more serious crash caused by ndis.sys. Does anybody know how to uninstall Border Manager VPN Client 3.8 from a Vista? Thank you in advance, Wayne -- liweiyue ----------...

VPN Client 3.8 behind Netgear Router VPN Server C2S behind Linux IPTABLES
I configured my vpn client behind a Netgear router in NAT modus. MY BM 3.8 C2S is running behind Linux IPTABLES in static NAT Modus. If configured my bm policies after the book from john craig (NMAS / PASSWORD/ NDS) If I connect from my VPN Client I get NMAS error "error authentication FFFF996" but nothing in nmasmon (ver 1.21) If I connect the client can read the name of Tree but then occured the error. The same error I get if I configure my vpn client in the same network like linux public interface and attach from there my BM about linux nat interface. Does any...

Web resources about - Bordermanager VPN-client 3.8.x + netware6.0 + Vista - novell.bordermanager.vpn

NetIQ eDirectory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations ...

Novell - Blackboard
Novell helped invent the corporate network in the early 1980s and continues to drive technology for business today. Network software began with ...

Information
The site is using a web proxy cache , such as Novell BorderManager FastCache , Apache Traffic Server or a server running the open source Squid ...

Novell BorderManager 3.9
Novell BorderManager offers robust Internet access controls, content filtering capabilities, secure VPN services and firewall services supported ...

Patch Finder
... of your choice. Standard Select Select a Product Access Governance Access Manager Account Management (NAM) Apache AppArmor Audit BorderManager ...

Press Releases - SuperLumin
June 11, 2013 SuperLumin Event Proxy Provides 5,000 Attendees with High-Speed Web Browsing Experience at Adobe MAX Conference May 7, 2013 ...

Support - SUSE
SUSE's world class support organization offers customers the best support experience in the industry.

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is an American multinational software and services company headquartered in Provo, Utah . It has been instrumental ...

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is a software and services company. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Attachmate Group . It specializes in ...

IPX/SPX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IPX and SPX are derived from Xerox Network Systems ' IDP and SPP protocols, respectively. IPX is a network layer protocol (layer 3 of the OSI ...