Bordermanager VPN Client 3.8.4

Hi,
I've downloaded the last version of Bordermanager VPN Client (3.8.4) and
after install it and reboot my computer i can not launch it cause
clnwin32.dll is missing. I've tried it in diferent computers and still the
same.
Is the file on the network corrupted? am i doing anything wrong?

Thanks,
Carlos.
0
camateu

That just happens if i do not have the novell client installed on the
workstation.  do i need the novell client to make novell vpn client work?

i think must be something wrong wit this new version of the vpn client.

Carlos.
0
camateu
6/8/2004 3:35:30 PM
We noticed that error message, too.
Quick and dirty:
Try copy the missing dll into winnt\system32 folder.
This still works without the Novell Client then.

Sincerely
Lothar

> That just happens if i do not have the novell client installed on the
> workstation.  do i need the novell client to make novell vpn client work?
>
> i think must be something wrong wit this new version of the vpn client.
>

> Carlos.

0
lothar
6/8/2004 3:48:09 PM
We noticed that error message, too.
Quick and dirty:
Try copy the missing dll into winnt\system32 folder.
This still works without the Novell Client then.

Sincerely
Lothar

> That just happens if i do not have the novell client installed on the
> workstation.  do i need the novell client to make novell vpn client work?
>
> i think must be something wrong wit this new version of the vpn client.
>

> Carlos.

0
lothar
6/8/2004 3:48:16 PM
Carlos

<<i think must be something wrong wit this new version of the vpn
client.

Bm3xvpn4.exe has been pulled from the Novell support web site.  Turns
out that it has a dependency on client32 and will not install unless
client32 is present and displays the following error, "This application
has failed to start because CLNWIN32.DLL was not found. Re-installing
this application may fix the problem."

The 3.8.5 version of the vpn client has the fix for this and will be
soon available for download

Thanks

Gonzalo

0
mysterious

Bordermanager VPN-client 3.8.x + netware6.0 + Vista
I'm currently using bordermanager 3.8.16 installed on my Windows Vista and connecting to my office by the Bordermanager VPN-client to a netware6-server (they refuse to upgrade to 6.5) and it's working! (but!). .. but every hour when my ISP renews it's lease for the IP-adress it won't succeed and the VPN-client and my internet-connection stops working. Then I have to disconnect/logout the VPN and then reconnect to my ISP and then reconnect/login to the VPN I also found out that the VPN doesn't work when I'm behind a NAT (but that works on my other compu...

VPn 3.8 CLient and Client 4.91sp2 Blue Screen
Just installed BM 3.8 VPN client on laptop running Novell Client 491 sp2 and am getting a blue screen if I try and switch from default to VPN on main login window. Anyone any ideas? Cheers... Phil --____CSYBKTFFHNBSGPRYTCLS____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 12 Jun 2006 00:01:19 -0700" VHJ5IGdvaW5nIGludG8gc2FmZSBtb2RlIGFuZCB0aGVuIHJlLWJvb3QuICBJZiB0aGF0IGRvZXNu J3Qgd29yaywgdHJ5IHVuaW5zdGFsbGluZyBib3RoIFZQTiBhbmQgTlcgQ2xpZW50IGFuZCB0aGVu IHJlaW5zdGFsbC4...

Silent install VPN client 3.8.1 and 3.8.2 ResultCode=-3
When i do a silent install of the VPN client 3.8.2 the setup will crash within the installation. (halfway the silent install) The log file gives a ResultCode=-3. When i start the silent install for the second time everything is OK. [InstallShield Silent] Version=v6.00.000 File=Log File [ResponseResult] ResultCode=-3 [Application] Name=Novell BorderManager VPN Client Version=3.8.0 Company=Novell Lang=0009 Is there a solution for this problem? Michiel I ve found the problem. The problem is starting a silent install from a networkdrive. When the silent install runs t...

NBM 3.8 VPN Client to a Cisco VPN server
Where might I find detailed instruction on setting this up ? thanks ed There is some info here: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10090479.htm But I'm not sure it is complete. There was a thread on this here in the past couple of days, so you should search back a bit. Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com *** ...

BorderManager 3.8 VPN site to site
A costumer has two BorderManager 3.8 servers running on Netware 6.5 sp1. A VPN site to site connection is configured. After the installation of the IP Domestic stack on both servers, the stack seems to be corrupt. ( At console : perl nwccdbm38:\tcpip\instal.pl -f ) MONITOR.NLM , NWCONFIG cannot be started. And at the server boot proces, the time synchronization is timing out due to the lack of an IP connection. When the server is running the time synchronization has been established after a while. Tried to manually copy the TCPIP, TCP and BSDSOCK nlm. ( DOMESTIC ) from te servi...

Bordermanager 3.8 Site-Site VPN
Hi all! I am testing VPN SITE to SITE on BM 3.8 at the moment, I have client-site working already but I can't get the site-site to work. Which Certificates should be on the servers?? and where do I have to put them?? Any ideas?? In article <BUoxb.11513$I04.4852@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Stefan ten Hoeve wrote: > Which Certificates should be on the servers?? and where do I have to put > them?? > The BMgr 3.8 iManager should have created special VPN certs, and put then where they are needed. Did you allow iManager to create certs for...

Bordermanager 3.8 VPN connection but no connection
Hi all, I am testing BM 3.8 VPN and am connecting via NMAS, connecting goes without problems and when I am connected I can ping the inside server ip, the vpn tunnel address and the ip-address that has been supplied by BM. But I cannot connect to any of the services running on my server or login.... <<But I cannot connect to any of the services running on my server or <<login.... What do you mean by that? any example and error message? 1. Which ip address pool is using the vpn client? 2. Which is your internal ip address of the host you are try...

iPAQ VPN client to BorderManager 3.7
Hi Does any one know if its possible to use an iPAQ (with a GPRS card) as a VPN client to BorderManger 3.7, if so how? Our laptops (with same GPRS card) work great with the Novell VPN client. Many Thanks Mark Evans hi Mark, there is no VPN client for it... -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Is it possible to configure the PocketPc 2002 VPN on the iPAQ to work with Bordermanager 3.7. Thanks Mark Evans "CSL" <Cat@not-here.com> wrote in message news:3ECCA567.82098DF8@not-here.com... > hi Mark, > > the...

Atheros Client 3+ fails with VPN Client 3.8+ on Windows 2000
We are using new HP NC4010 and NC8000 laptops with the built-in HP WLAN 802.11 a/b/g W500 Wireless NIC. We have the Novell 4.90 SP1 client installed, along with the Bordermanager VPN Client 3.8.9 installed. The systems have the latest BIOS, the latest driver for the NIC from HP (ver 4.0.0.140), the latest Atheros Client provided by HP (ver 4.1.0.132) Our experience has been this.... When running Bordermanager VPN client 3.7 w/any Atheros Client version --> No Problems (This is an unacceptable workaround as we are moving to a Bordermanager 3.8 VPN server and need the clie...

This is the error I get from a w2ksp3 all patched up workstation with NWclient 4.91sp2 and VPN client 3.8.9. NMAS is the auth method and the nmas client was install with the nwclient install. Attache
This is the error I get from a w2ksp3 all patched up workstation with NWclient 4.91sp2 and VPN client 3.8.9. NMAS is the auth method and the nmas client was install with the nwclient install. Attached are the error mesage and the vpnstat file. If i rmove and reinstall using the nmas from vpnclient, I am not able to chose nmas as a login method. This was a fresh blow away, reload of the workstation. In the past, I have installed nmas from the vpnclient on XP and this worked. Anyone else have this problem? thks Here is the exact error that comes up: An error was reported by...

Bordermanager 3.8 VPN Local Lan not reachable...
Hi! A customer of ours wants to use his bordermanager 3.8 client from home AND browse the internet through his own internet connection. At this time when he connects to the client to site vpn he cannot access the local network nor can he browse the internet through his own gateway. (he can through the gateway of the network where the vpn server is on though) Is there any way to set the client-to-site service up so that he connects to the vpn server but still can browse the local network and the internet? Thx stefan Stefan, you'll need to configure a traffic rule all...

Windows XP and Bordermanager 3.7 VPN client
Hi, Seems to be able to get things to work through my ISP at work (using Windows 98), however Windows XP has worked ONLY once so far. Get IP connection fine (infact can even telnet and ping internal servers), however Netware login never works and hangs up with a "No tree or server found" error. When connection is established it says its an IPX call, (IPX tunnel is on), altough I think it should be IP only, what the heck it connects, I can fix that later. However even with every IPX option turned on on all network interfaces, the IPX box is still grayed out in the...

VPN 3.6 slave to VPN 3.8 master
I have more or less gone through what I could to set this up. I exported the BM 3.8 master encryption key (minfo.vpn) and imported that to the BM 3.6 slave without any issue. I then created the slave (sinfo.vpn) file. I had setup the vpn tunnel ip's as 192.168.10.1 and when these were both masters, clients could access either one perfectly. We know the VPN's work. I changed 1 to a slave, but I halted what I was doing as I noted that the master and slave networks both are using 192.168.0.x for the private IP's. Questions: 1. Can a 3.6 slave talk to a 3.8 master?...

VPN client 3.8.7 and C32 4.91
On a machine that had C32 4.91, I couldn't get the VPN to allow a connection - it accepted the address and all, but then responded as if I'd put in a bad password. I uninstalled C32, installed 4.9_SP2, and it works fine now. -S- No one else with this problem? I'd like to know if I'm the only one or if there's a solution as I'd like to roll out C32 4.91. Thanks. -S- "Steve Freides" <steve@fridayscomputer.com> wrote in message news:qwLke.1223$_w.771@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > On a machine that had C32 4.91, I couldn&...

Web resources about - Bordermanager VPN Client 3.8.4 - novell.bordermanager.vpn

NetIQ eDirectory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations ...

Novell - Blackboard
Novell helped invent the corporate network in the early 1980s and continues to drive technology for business today. Network software began with ...

Information
The site is using a web proxy cache , such as Novell BorderManager FastCache , Apache Traffic Server or a server running the open source Squid ...

Novell BorderManager 3.9
Novell BorderManager offers robust Internet access controls, content filtering capabilities, secure VPN services and firewall services supported ...

Patch Finder
... of your choice. Standard Select Select a Product Access Governance Access Manager Account Management (NAM) Apache AppArmor Audit BorderManager ...

Press Releases - SuperLumin
June 11, 2013 SuperLumin Event Proxy Provides 5,000 Attendees with High-Speed Web Browsing Experience at Adobe MAX Conference May 7, 2013 ...

Support - SUSE
SUSE's world class support organization offers customers the best support experience in the industry.

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is an American multinational software and services company headquartered in Provo, Utah . It has been instrumental ...

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is a software and services company. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Attachmate Group . It specializes in ...

IPX/SPX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IPX and SPX are derived from Xerox Network Systems ' IDP and SPP protocols, respectively. IPX is a network layer protocol (layer 3 of the OSI ...