Bordermanager 2.1 VPN clients

I know that Bordermanager 2.1 is supposed to be server to server only
but
does anyone know of a solution I can use to connect at windows
98/2k/XP PC
to the master VPN server?

TIA!

Matt Hudson

0
Matt

hi Matt,

configure a dial up access to the server with  NIAS maybe?
--
Cat

CSL
2/19/2003 2:43:15 PM
Cat,

I really want staff on broadband at home do be able to connect via a
vpn, do
you not need a modem connection for this?  We will soon be upgrading
to BM
3.7 and I know there is a windows based client for this but I really
just
wanted to have a play around with VPN's to get my head around it all!

Thanks,

Matt.

"CSL" <Cat@not-here.com> wrote in message
> hi Matt,
>
> configure a dial up access to the server with  NIAS maybe?
> --
> Cat
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop

0
Matt
2/19/2003 4:43:03 PM
ih Matt,

in this case there is not such a thing for BM2.1 (I mean, the VPN
client
exists, but it never worked).
Anyway, EVEN if you could set the BM2.1 VPn, you would not have learnt

very much about the BM3.7 VPN. The BM2.1 VPN and the BM3.x VPN are
completely different...
I suggest you get a machine (even just a simple w/s) and install BM3.7

and start playing with it...

--
Cat

CSL
2/19/2003 5:07:06 PM
Ok, I've got an eval of 3.7 knocking about.. I'll have a go with that.

Thanks for your help,

> ih Matt,
>
> in this case there is not such a thing for BM2.1 (I mean, the VPN
client
> exists, but it never worked).
> Anyway, EVEN if you could set the BM2.1 VPn, you would not have
learnt
> very much about the BM3.7 VPN. The BM2.1 VPN and the BM3.x VPN are
> completely different...
> I suggest you get a machine (even just a simple w/s) and install
BM3.7
> and start playing with it...
>
> --
> Cat
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop

0
Matt

Bordermanager VPN client AND iFolder 2 client
Hello, We have always given our laptop users the Novell BorderManager VPN client (WinXP Pro)to access various services. We now have iFolder 2.1 available to them. However, when they install the iFolder client, on reboot, they are informed that a problem has occured with the installion the iFolder client and to retry the install. This doesn't get resolved. Is it possible to run both?. I know the VPN client is not required for remote access to iFolder, however, our users need the VPN client to access other services. Rgds. Stan Chelchowski Hi, stanch@**.co.uk wrote: &...

Bordermanager VPN Client and Linux
Hello, has anyone tried to connect with the Bordermanager VPN Client to a Linux VPN Gateway? Could anyone give me a hint? I try it since 3 days. Thanks to everyone In article <662b3276.0408050404.5c96b3ab@posting.google.com>, Arndt wrote: > has anyone tried to connect with the Bordermanager VPN Client to a > Linux VPN Gateway? Could anyone give me a hint? I try it since 3 days. > I think I tried it a few months ago, but did not spend much time. Are you trying certificate mode or preshared key? Either should work, but I agree that it could take a lot of trying...

Bordermanager vpn vs Cisco router vpn etc
I have a small client with a Novell 5.x server with about 35 clients, many of which are needing some sort of vpn access. Trying to figure out if it is easier to setup border manager for vpn access on the server or simply get a router that will provide vpn access. Which would be easier or more cost effective in this scenario over a dsl connection. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks Paul I guess it depends a lot on cost. Do you already have BMgr? (A copy that includes client-site VPN?) If so, just install that and configure it. As for using ...

Bordermanager VPN Client and Sprint SmartView
A couple things. 1st, I've found that using the Bordermanager VPN with a Sprint SmartView client doesn't work. When trying to initiate the VPN connection the server the server shows "8-31-2010 8:51:58 am Error: Pre shared key mismatch for peer 108.115.170.89 , cookies my-his 4329A79D23B12B8E-412A1F036D94F996" a number of times 'til the connection finally fails. Anyone have any ideas why that would be and if there is a workaround? It does work through a Sprint connection when the Sprint Card is on a CradlePoint router that my client connects to over WiFi, so...

BorderManager VPN
Hi, I have a customer who is looking for a VPN solution (No more details yet...) Anyhow they have Border Manager 3.8 for proxy. However another site of theirs uses ISA. I know very little about either products. and would like to know peoples views? is BM a good product for VPN, are their better 3rd Party products? Thanks Hi, I use BM vpns all over the place & rate them highly. The 3.8 release was a major step forward as we now use the ipsec standard for site to site transport & can now talk to any other industry standard ipsec vpn endpoint. Client to...

iPAQ VPN client to BorderManager 3.7
Hi Does any one know if its possible to use an iPAQ (with a GPRS card) as a VPN client to BorderManger 3.7, if so how? Our laptops (with same GPRS card) work great with the Novell VPN client. Many Thanks Mark Evans hi Mark, there is no VPN client for it... -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Is it possible to configure the PocketPc 2002 VPN on the iPAQ to work with Bordermanager 3.7. Thanks Mark Evans "CSL" <Cat@not-here.com> wrote in message news:3ECCA567.82098DF8@not-here.com... > hi Mark, > > the...

Bordermanager VPN Client 3.8.4
Hi, I've downloaded the last version of Bordermanager VPN Client (3.8.4) and after install it and reboot my computer i can not launch it cause clnwin32.dll is missing. I've tried it in diferent computers and still the same. Is the file on the network corrupted? am i doing anything wrong? Thanks, Carlos. That just happens if i do not have the novell client installed on the workstation. do i need the novell client to make novell vpn client work? i think must be something wrong wit this new version of the vpn client. Carlos. We noticed that error message, too....

Spontaneous reboots using bordermanager VPN client
Hi, While using the bordermanager VPN client om my system (HP pavillion T3285, AMD64 X2 3800+) I occasionally get a reboot of my system. In the event log I can find the information that system error 000000b8 occurred. Is this a known issue ? perhaps an issue with dual core processors ? When I do not use the VPN client the system error never happens. Any ideas / how to start troubleshooting. I Do have a minidump of the situation in case anyone can interpret this ? Kind regards, Hen Hen, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your ...

Windows XP and Bordermanager 3.7 VPN client
Hi, Seems to be able to get things to work through my ISP at work (using Windows 98), however Windows XP has worked ONLY once so far. Get IP connection fine (infact can even telnet and ping internal servers), however Netware login never works and hangs up with a "No tree or server found" error. When connection is established it says its an IPX call, (IPX tunnel is on), altough I think it should be IP only, what the heck it connects, I can fix that later. However even with every IPX option turned on on all network interfaces, the IPX box is still grayed out in the...

Download Error trial version BorderManager VPN Client
Hi I have try to download the trial version for bordermanager 3.8 VPN Client and i have got an error message : You are in an embargoed or otherwise restricted country. I am based in London. So where can i found this software otherwise than in the novell website or maybe there is a solution to solve this problem. Thanks for your help. Regards Any chance you are using a proxy server in another country? Sounds like a really strange error. I'd try again later. Maybe Novell's download system just has a glitch right now, but I will report it. Craig Joh...

Bordermanager VPN-client 3.8.x + netware6.0 + Vista
I'm currently using bordermanager 3.8.16 installed on my Windows Vista and connecting to my office by the Bordermanager VPN-client to a netware6-server (they refuse to upgrade to 6.5) and it's working! (but!). .. but every hour when my ISP renews it's lease for the IP-adress it won't succeed and the VPN-client and my internet-connection stops working. Then I have to disconnect/logout the VPN and then reconnect to my ISP and then reconnect/login to the VPN I also found out that the VPN doesn't work when I'm behind a NAT (but that works on my other compu...

Silent install VPN client 3.8.1 and 3.8.2 ResultCode=-3
When i do a silent install of the VPN client 3.8.2 the setup will crash within the installation. (halfway the silent install) The log file gives a ResultCode=-3. When i start the silent install for the second time everything is OK. [InstallShield Silent] Version=v6.00.000 File=Log File [ResponseResult] ResultCode=-3 [Application] Name=Novell BorderManager VPN Client Version=3.8.0 Company=Novell Lang=0009 Is there a solution for this problem? Michiel I ve found the problem. The problem is starting a silent install from a networkdrive. When the silent install runs t...

VPN Client
I have a Border Manager 3.7 server with a Site to Site and Client to Site VPN enabled. The VPN client can access all information of the WAN except for the site that is accross the Site to Site VPN. The client to site is configured to encrypt this network. From the internal network the remote site accross the VPN site to site works fine. Any help would be appreciated Rob C Rob, This is really working as designed. If you want a vpn client to access the other site, you'll need to enable client-site on the other BM server. -- Lance Reynolds, CNE &l...

windows7 VPN client blocks all other VPN
We have a strange situation at one of our customers. There is a C2S connection on a BM3.9 server. There are 2 PC running XP in the remote location. This setup runs properly since 2-3 years. Yesterday a new PC, Windows 7 ()32bit) was installed in the remote office. Tried to do VPN connection with VPN client 3.9.2 from the Windows & machine, but we got error (Failed to get DH public value). But after this the old XP machines were also unable to connect. After a server restart the windows XP machines are able to login again. 1)Is there any kind of defense mechanism in the BM ...

Web resources about - Bordermanager 2.1 VPN clients - novell.bordermanager.vpn

NetIQ eDirectory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations ...

Novell - Blackboard
Novell helped invent the corporate network in the early 1980s and continues to drive technology for business today. Network software began with ...

Information
The site is using a web proxy cache , such as Novell BorderManager FastCache , Apache Traffic Server or a server running the open source Squid ...

Novell BorderManager 3.9
Novell BorderManager offers robust Internet access controls, content filtering capabilities, secure VPN services and firewall services supported ...

Patch Finder
... of your choice. Standard Select Select a Product Access Governance Access Manager Account Management (NAM) Apache AppArmor Audit BorderManager ...

Press Releases - SuperLumin
June 11, 2013 SuperLumin Event Proxy Provides 5,000 Attendees with High-Speed Web Browsing Experience at Adobe MAX Conference May 7, 2013 ...

Support - SUSE
SUSE's world class support organization offers customers the best support experience in the industry.

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is an American multinational software and services company headquartered in Provo, Utah . It has been instrumental ...

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is a software and services company. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Attachmate Group . It specializes in ...

IPX/SPX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IPX and SPX are derived from Xerox Network Systems ' IDP and SPP protocols, respectively. IPX is a network layer protocol (layer 3 of the OSI ...