BMEE Server

currently running BMEE3.5 for ISP dialed in clients
want to setup a second server in the tree for DSL access Site to Site
only
clients (load balance). is it possible to have a setup such as this?
if so
what is the config best practice for this?

thanks

0
xyz

It's possible but your pitfall will be deciding which internal nodes
will be accessed with site-site, and which ones will be accessed by
client-site.  They cannot be accessed by both because their default
gateway must be pointed at one or the other private interface on the
BM servers.

--
Lance Reynolds, CNE
Using XaNaNews 1.13.2.10

0
Lance
2/24/2003 3:58:00 PM
Are there any whitepapers for this type of setup?
Would both servers be located in the same OU?
Would there be 2 Masters or set it up as a slave in the same OU?

> It's possible but your pitfall will be deciding which internal nodes

will be accessed with site-site, and which ones will be accessed by
client-
site.  They cannot be accessed by both because their default gateway
must
be pointed at one or the other private interface on the BM servers.

> --
> Lance Reynolds, CNE
> Using XaNaNews 1.13.2.10

0
xyz
2/24/2003 6:32:29 PM
xyz@kjh.com wrote:

> Are there any whitepapers for this type of setup?

I don't know of any right off hand but you can try searching Novell's
documentation.

> Would both servers be located in the same OU?

Could be, but it shouldn't make a difference.

> Would there be 2 Masters or set it up as a slave in the same OU?

Two masters.  You would essentially be running two separate vpn's

--
Lance Reynolds, CNE
Using XaNaNews 1.13.2.10

0
Lance

Optimize server to server VPN
I have a server to server VPN. Both ends are 3MB DSL with 800 KB upstream. Are there parameters that should be altered to maximize performance. I have already altered the MTU to 1492 in order to fix GroupWise MTA communication problems. Steve In article <4183945A.6AC3E563@hillhouse.ca>, Steve Babcock wrote: > Are there parameters that should be altered to maximize performance. > Yes, in general. Look at tip #23 at the URL below. For the VPN, you may have to reduce MTU even further for some apps. Note that with 800k DSL, you probably will only get about 650K...

FTP server on BorderManager server
Is there any reason *not* to have a secure ftp server running on the same box we use for our BorderManager server? (We're out of public IP addresses so can't set up a separate box.) Basically we want the ftp server to only allow access to a volume on another serer. Thanks! In article <m39gs0p05t557vrktfidr4s50i396u42lm@4ax.com>, GregS wrote: > Is there any reason *not* to have a secure ftp server running on the > same box we use for our BorderManager server? (We're out of public IP > addresses so can't set up a separate box.) > Don't know th...

Removing Server-to-Server VPN
I currently have two BorderManager 3.7 (Netware 6) servers providing a Server to Server VPN between my two offices. I am investigating a private line between the offices. Each server also provides proxy/firewall services for their respective offices. The Master VPN server provides Client to Site VPN services. Each office has its own subnet. The slave office is partitioned and the slave BMgr is master of that partition. If I go with the private line, I will have a couple of Cisco routers connecting the private line to each office. Could each office retain its subnet and addres...

Deleting 3rd Party S2S VPN Server Breaks Slave VPN Configuration For All Servers, eventually.
I thought I posted this weeks ago but after searching the forum I did not find it. So here is the issue and the Official Novell Fix. Setting up a 3rd Party VPN with BM 3.8.2 and NW 6.5.1. It worked great after it was setup. But if you went to delete a 3rd Party slave VPN server it may break another 3rd party slave. The only fix was to completely remove all servers from the Site to Site vpn configuration. Delete the Master site to site server. Create all new objects. Basically, recreate it all from scratch. Opened an incident with Novell and completed several tests and look...

VPN server to server config question
Hey, new to the VPN thing .. OK, we have a server to server VPN setup (between 2 sites). Novell techs helped me setup the VPN (6 months ago) as a Master to Master config. (site to site). As they stated, it was best to have it setup as a Master to Master config, so there would be less time in the creation of the link setup. Both sides have a master and a slave configuration for this setup. Question is, is that our connection (ike) seems to keep timing out, and so the link dies. We do know that it is not the Internet link that is dropping, but seems to be the VPN that is. If I get i...

BMEE VPN and Cisco PIX VPN
Quick question on VPNs. Finally got my Bordermanager VPN to work thru my PIX firewall by being a little creative...by VPNing within a VPN. To explain, the connection goes from my ISP > PIX 515 > Bordermanager 3.7 > Internal network. I have enabled VPN on both the PIX and Bordermanager servers so I connect to the PIX VPN and then to my Bordermanager VPN (within the PIX VPN). The PIX vpn is darned quick, but connecting to my BMEE box is almost too slow to consider useful. I can run programs, but drive mappings come and go and launching any executable from the internal ne...

MS VPN Client to BM38 VPN Server?
On win2k and on XPHome I create a network connection which is a VPN connection, then try to do certificate authentication to the BM 38 VPN server. I have the Novell VPN client on the same machine which can authenticate with the same certificate. The MS client returns an Error 800: unable to establish connection, maybe the network is unreachable, maybe your security settings are wrong. With the Novell Client I pick exactly the certificate I want to use to authenticate. I can't find that option in the MS client, I can select a Trusted Root (so I had to export the Trusted Root and add it ...

Files copied server to server over VPN are corrupt
I'm not sure if this is a VPN problem. It may need to be in another forum. We have three locations (A, B, and C) connected via a Bordermanager 3.5 VPN. Site A (T-1) is the main office. Sites B (cable) and C (DSL) are remote offices. Site A and Site B communicate with no problems and there are no file transfering problems. However, we seem to have a problem with site C. If we copy TIF images from the Novell 6.0 server at site C to a particular Novell 6 server at site A, the files are copied, but cannot be read. They seem to be corrupt. Going the other way, w...

Server to Server VPN in seperate tree's
Hi. NW6.5 Sp6 with BM3.8 SP5 on both sites in seperate tree's. Have followed Craigs book with regards to setting up a S2S VPN as detailed above but have encountered an error which looks like it may be a certificate issue? The two logs of the handshake are listed below, if someone has the time I would be grateful if you could have a look through and give me some pointers as to either what is wrong or which side has the error, the master or the slave. All help appriciated Andrew MASTER IKE.log (some IP and cert names altered to avoid web harvesting but are confirmed a...

Bordermanager vpn vs Cisco router vpn etc
I have a small client with a Novell 5.x server with about 35 clients, many of which are needing some sort of vpn access. Trying to figure out if it is easier to setup border manager for vpn access on the server or simply get a router that will provide vpn access. Which would be easier or more cost effective in this scenario over a dsl connection. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks Paul I guess it depends a lot on cost. Do you already have BMgr? (A copy that includes client-site VPN?) If so, just install that and configure it. As for using ...

Server to Server, both Servers in same Tree
Hi, where could be problem when some time connection is not established after server restart, but some time it is OK. (I waited whole day) Filters are opened for all IP from and to both servers in VPN. Both servers are BM3.7 SP2, NDS Version 10350.19 March 18, 2003 Slave server contain RW replica of the container where the server resides. (I tried also Master replica) here are also licenses for NW6 and BM3.7 Master server is in different replica which is not on slave server. Both servers are on same subnet. Packet capture shows only IP 57 communication from Master to ...

Proxy server detections for VPN users / proxy server switch
Name: Rasmus Jensen Email: rasmus141079atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Proxy server detections for VPN users / proxy server switch Comments: Hi I'm using firefox on my work laptop computer, and are traveling once in a while where I stay at hotels. When connecting to the Internet on hotels or airports normally you will have to login via a homepage before Internet access is possible. This means that my VPN connections will not work, and therefore no connection to the proxy server. So I'll have to go into settings and turn off proxy server, then login on the h...

Can a user connect to a local server and vpn server at same time
we have an office in montreal and one in mississauga (cities a few hundred miles apart). The montreal has a Novell 5.1 server at their location and they connect to our BM3.8 server in mississauga. Since BM 3.8 uses the novell client to login to the server in mississauga from montreal will the montreal users be able to connect to their local server at the same time? if so how is this accomplished? Hi, jj@jj.com wrote: > Since BM 3.8 uses the > novell client Only when you tell it to login. It's optional, and while the VPN client integrates with the Novell client when...

server or no server
i have been looking in to slipstreaming windows up dates over the net work ..i have also been thinking (bad thing to do ) installing the os over the net (image).i know you can do this over win2k server using rras server but could i do this in novell 5.1 with out bulding and paying for a server lience. our network is spread across 6 sites one server to each site a gig backbone on each site but connect by 100 mb line .not knowing novell to well but they seem not to be use the OS and Server to well .any help or info would be useful Nigel, > i have been looking in to...

Web resources about - BMEE Server - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

Price Drop: MyAudioStream Pro UPnP audio player and streamer: gather your music collection from your ...
MyAudioStream Pro UPnP audio player and streamer: gather your music collection from your PC, NAS, UPnP servers, Windows Media Player or iTunes ...

Intel Rising: Server Stronger Than Ever, Says JMP; Here Comes Apple?
... stock to Market Outperform from Market Perform, assigning a $45 price target, righting that the company will strengthen its hold on its server ...

Server shipments, vendor revenue go up in Q3 2015
In the third quarter of 2015, worldwide server shipments grew 9.2 percent from the third quarter of 2014, while vendor revenue increased 7.5 ...

Bloodborne servers taken down for 'emergency maintenance'
An exploit and other "serious issues" have been detected.

Latest Windows Server 2016 beta shows off Microsoft's new containers
Microsoft launched the fourth technical preview for the next version of Windows Server on Thursday, giving the public access to its new Hyper-V ...

Senator Wonders If Hillary Is Covering Legal Expenses For Tech Firm That Managed Her Email Server
Senator Wonders If Hillary Is Covering Legal Expenses For Tech Firm That Managed Her Email Server

Inventec achieves major improvement in server orders for 2017
With Intel expected to launch its next-generation server platform Purley in the second half of 2017, vendors such as Hewlett-Packard (HP), Dell ...

Server Files Sexual Harassment Complaint Against Pigalle Restaurant
... restaurant Pigalle is being accused of sexual harassment by a waitress , who says that management implied her jeans were "too much." The server ...

Microsoft Previews Hyper-V Containers for Windows Server 2016
Wondering how Hyper-V containers work in Microsoft's upcoming server software release? Intrepid administrators and developers can get an early ...