BM VPN site - to - non BM VPN site

Hi,

Can i use BM 3.7 or 3.8 to create a site-to-site VPN with a BM server
on one site an a hardware VPN device (Cisco, Nortel) on the other site
?
Or does site-to-site VPN always need to be 2 BM servers ?

Regards,

Jan Wiersma
the Netherlands.

0
Jan

Jan Wiersma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can i use BM 3.7 or 3.8 to create a site-to-site VPN with a BM
server on one site an a hardware VPN device (Cisco, Nortel) on the
other site ?
> Or does site-to-site VPN always need to be 2 BM servers ?

3.7 is BMgr only.  3.8 should work with any IPSEC VPN.

-andy

0
Andy

VPN Client
I have a Border Manager 3.7 server with a Site to Site and Client to Site VPN enabled. The VPN client can access all information of the WAN except for the site that is accross the Site to Site VPN. The client to site is configured to encrypt this network. From the internal network the remote site accross the VPN site to site works fine. Any help would be appreciated Rob C Rob, This is really working as designed. If you want a vpn client to access the other site, you'll need to enable client-site on the other BM server. -- Lance Reynolds, CNE &l...

Site to Site VPN BM and Cisco
Are BM 3.6 and 3.7 capable of being slave sites to a Cisco VPN Master? Thanks Bob hi Bob, > Are BM 3.6 and 3.7 capable of being slave sites to a Cisco VPN Master? no. Only BM3.8 supports the VPN with a third party product. -- Cat NSC Volunteer Sysop In article <Ah2Hf.9735$yL4.5559@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > Are BM 3.6 and 3.7 capable of being slave sites to a Cisco VPN Master? > I don't think so. Those versions only did SKIP, and could only connect to another BMgr 3.x VPN. Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp *** For a cu...

VPN site to site connection Between BM and a Watchguard appliance.
--____XNXFNUYZCWMFSPOBVWSQ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 19 Jul 2006 10:44:17 -0400" I have a customer that is trying to get a terminal session to an AS400 at = another location across the internet. They are currently running BM 3.6 = and the remote location is running a Watchguard Firebox x1000. One = thought was to set up a site to site VPN to have the terminal session = traffic go through this tunnel, while all other traffic destined for the = inter...

VPN Site-to-Site (BM 38 & BM36)
Hi, I have a network of VPN servers which i've built up over a number of years. This has worked well. The master is on v36 and talks to the slave server which are 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7. I'm just installing the latest Slave on BM 3.8 NW 6.5 and I'm finding it all a little tricky. How do I do the configuration? Should I still be using vpncfg, because when I try to load it I get errors like:- Loader cannot find public symbol IPSECRegister_v2 for module VPNINF.NLM Any hints or clues would be lovely. Thanks, Jon I've done further reading and it looks like g...

site to site VPN Problem BM 3.7
Hi I am unable to get a new BRDMGR 3.7 on NW 6 VPN up and running. Current Setup BRDMGR 3.6 Old Server: Netware 5.1 SP5 BM 3.6 SP1A DS 8.7 10411.01 2/24/2003 TCP.NLM 5.90Y 6/12/2002 TCPIP.NLM 5.90U 6/4/2002 BSDSOCK.NLM 6.12W 6/4/2002 Private IP XXX.XXX.40.16 Private Mask 255.255.255.0 Private IPX 4 Proxy XXX.XXX.40.13 NAT Enabled Public IP XXX.XXX.2.42 Public Mask 255.255.255.0 VPN IP 192.168.99.1 VPN Mask 255.255.255.0 Internet Connection two T-1's into Cisco router with No n...

Problem with site-to-site VPN via BM 3.8sp2
Hi All This is really putting up a tease. I've changed the LAN IP segment. It was previously 192.168.1.0. It is now changed to a 172.1.0.0 segment. The remote site has a 192.168.2.0 segment. I can't ping a server on the remote site after changing this. I don't have access to the remote site. I've added an extra IP address to my local site. So it now has: 172.1.1.1 AND 192.168.1.1 bound. But I still can't get any pings back. If I start NWadmin, go to the BM server, selects Bordermanager Setup, VPN, and click on Master Site to Site and details, and the...

site - to
Hi, I am trying to establish a site to site VPN with two BorderManager 3.6 servers running on Netware 6.0. I have loaded patches nw6sp3e and bm36sp2a. I have configured one server as a master and one as a slave. Time is the same on both servers and routing is working properly between servers prior to setting up the vpn. The problem I have is that the VPN tunnel does not establish correctly. In the audit log on the master server is get : - Failed VPN member notifications. - Failed configuring VPN member SBSPXI01 - Configuring VPN Memeber SBSPXI01 - Computed outbound ...

VPN Site to Site
hi , i tried to configure my vpn. 1 master and 2 slave. i can communicate with only one of them. the connection is enabled between the master and 1 slave (ADSL connection) but couldn't connuicate with the other slave(LS connection). Between the master and the second slave the tunnel is enabled. the master send IP packet but not receive packet. I couldn't ping any host in the slave LAN. SO, the tunnel is ok but there is no communication Can you ping the remote vptunnel address? Do all of the hosts have their default gateway pointed at the private address of their...

Site-to-Site VPN...
Hello... Just a BorderManager version question Can I have a BorderManager 3.6 as VPN Master og 2-3 BorderManager 3.7 as Slaves..??? -- Kim Henriksen Novell CNE 5/6 *I am a Computer Engineer, if you hear me say UPS, then pray to that you have made a backup* Kim, Should work just fine. -- Lance Reynolds, CNE OK.. Thanks... -- Kim Henriksen Novell CNE 5/6 *I am a Computer Engineer, if you hear me say UPS, then pray to that you have made a backup* "Lance Reynolds" <lanceNO@SPAMsatco.biz> skrev i en meddelelse news:t...

Site-to-Site VPN
Have a client that has a VPN setup between 2 BorderManager servers. Server 1 is NW5.1 w/ SP7e and BM 3.6 Server2 is NW5.1 w/ SP7e and BM 3.5 This setup previously worked until applying SP7e At this point we get an error in the BM audit log that states. (SKIP) Construction of SA Failed for peer Server2@IP Address Unknown Security preference for Encryption I am contemplating back reving the IP stack to the SP6 version. Any other ideas or sugestions? Thanks, P.S. We have already deleted the VPN Config and recreated it. "John Street" <jstreet@int...

Site-to-Site VPN
Is this possible? anyone done it? Both devices have a Public IP addresses on the Internet, so no NAT is involved. The Key information on the PIX has to be entered manually as PIX runs a script. Matt Isaac wrote: > Is this possible? Not yet. -- Lance Reynolds, CNE Using XanaNews 1.13.2.10 ...

site to site vpn
hi, i want to set up site to site vpn between two suse servers and access lan behind it, please help me with the configuration if this is possible -- janasec ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 11:16:03 +0000, janasec wrote: > hi, > i want to set up site to site vpn between two suse servers and access > lan behind it, > please help me with the configuration if this is possible It's possible, but there are lots of tutorials on the Internet about how to do this already - you might use Google to...

Browse through Site to Site VPN to web site
I am having a couple of problems, we'll start with how I found out I'm having the problem. I have a Site to Site VPN connection running BM 3.7 sp2 with tcp607j, bm37fp3b. It is running on NW6 SP3. Both servers are configured this way. Someone from my remote office called and told me they could not send PDF files from their copier to anyone. Our Canon copier has a "send to email" PDF function that did work prior to patching the server in Columbus. I thought it was a copier problem and proceded in that direction, it is not a copier problem. I also have a ...

VPN Site to Site & Client to site/site's ?
Hi there, We managed to get our 5.0/5.1 & 6.0 tree over av WAN moved to a BM3.7 VPN based solution. Everything's working really good, finally,,, Though, just one issue or maybe,, question,, with a site-to-site VPN for 1 tree with 1 master & 2 slaves, are a client -to - site VPN connection ment to be able to connect to all the servers...?? That is; central network = 192.168.0.0 with the master works ok from client, branch network1 = 192.168.1.0 1st slave does not work from client, branch network1 = 192.168.2.0 2nd slave does not work from client, In nwa...

BorderManager 3.8 VPN site to site
A costumer has two BorderManager 3.8 servers running on Netware 6.5 sp1. A VPN site to site connection is configured. After the installation of the IP Domestic stack on both servers, the stack seems to be corrupt. ( At console : perl nwccdbm38:\tcpip\instal.pl -f ) MONITOR.NLM , NWCONFIG cannot be started. And at the server boot proces, the time synchronization is timing out due to the lack of an IP connection. When the server is running the time synchronization has been established after a while. Tried to manually copy the TCPIP, TCP and BSDSOCK nlm. ( DOMESTIC ) from te servi...

Web resources about - BM VPN site - to - non BM VPN site - novell.bordermanager.vpn

John Moltz's Very Nice Web Site
John Moltz's Very Nice Website

Nevada National Security Site - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
November 1951 nuclear test at Nevada Test Site. Test is shot "Dog" from Operation Buster , with a yield of 21 kilotonnes of TNT (88 TJ). It was ...

Woman allegedly raped by man from dating site Plenty of Fish
... raped three times after saying she only wanted to be friends. A Queensland woman was allegedly raped by a man she met on a dating website after ...

Cell-site data analysis nabs robber who used mobile phone during heists
... (credit: FBI ) A woman charged in connection to a string of armed jewelry store heists was arrested after the authorities analyzed cell-site ...

Tencent-Backed Women's Fashion Site Merges With China Rival
Forbes Tencent-Backed Women's Fashion Site Merges With China Rival Bloomberg China's Meilishuo.com, a fashion retailer backed by Tencent Holdings ...

Left-Wing Attack Site Claims They Obtained Cruz’s Mom’s Voter Info in 2013, Contacted Campaign, Held ...
For years, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R) has been dogged by a backburner controversy about whether he is eligible to serve as President.

Resource Sites Open For Flint Residents Amid Water Crisis
Deputy State Director of Emergency Management and Homeland Security Capt. Chris Kelenske says "residents can pick-up all of the resources they ...

Microsoft Issues VMware-Friendly Azure Site Recovery Update
The company upgrades its cloud-based disaster recovery offering for virtualized environments powered by VMware.

Shopping Site Bezar Is Reportedly Running Out Of Funding
... company told Re/code the startup, Fab cofounder Bradford Shellhammer's latest venture, is struggling to raise funding. When e-commerce site ...

Will Taxpayers Get Stuck With The Bill To Clean Up Strip Mining Coal Sites?
The issue of how to pay for mine reclamation is flying below the surface of the general public even though the matter is, literally, above ground ...