BM VPN Client for Windows 7 64bit

Last we checked, it was not available for 64bit yet, so what is the
status of a Windows 7 64bit BorderManager VPN Client?

Thanks.

--
gw_admin

gw

gw_admin;2079055 Wrote:
> Last we checked, it was not available for 64bit yet, so what is the
> status of a Windows 7 64bit BorderManager VPN Client?

Which version of BorderManager are you using?

Documentation for latest (and last) version of BorderManager (3.9) does
not appear to reference Vista or Windows 7, let alone 32- vs 64-bit, so
let me ask Novell.  However I suspect that given SuperLumin Nemesis is
the way forward the answer will involve that.

--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or
school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program.  See novell.com/ttp for more details.
smflood's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=617
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=433240

0
smflood
2/25/2011 12:06:01 PM
gw_admin;2079055 Wrote:
> Last we checked, it was not available for 64bit yet, so what is the
> status of a Windows 7 64bit BorderManager VPN Client?

Novell say there is no (and will not be) a BorderManager VPN Client for
64-bit Windows.  However all is not lost as some customers are
successfully using a 64-bit client from a third party - the NCP Secure
Entry Client[1] - which another forum user had got working with
BorderManager[2] although I don't think the Cool Solutions article was
ever submitted.

As for SuperLumin, please ask @ 'SuperLumin Proxy Cache'
(http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/superlumin-proxy-cache/)

HTH.

[1] 'IPsec VPN Client for Windows 7 XP Vista 32/64 bit, Windows Mobile
and Symbian- NCP' (http://www.ncp-e.com/en/products/ipsec-client.html)
[2]
http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/bordermanager/bm-vpn/393949-search-over-64-bit-vpn-client-over.html

--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or
school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program.  See novell.com/ttp for more details.
smflood's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=617
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=433240

0
smflood
2/25/2011 3:06:01 PM
Thanks for replying Simon. Seems I forgot to mention what ver of BM
we're running.
We are running 3.9 SP2.

--
gw_admin
gw_admin's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=59199
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=433240

0
gw
2/25/2011 3:06:02 PM
Seems my first reply did not show up...

Thanks for the information.
This is disheartening, but to be expected I guess with the development
moving in another direction. We will look at the links you provided to
see if that would work for us.

Thanks!

--
gw_admin
gw_admin's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=59199
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=433240

0
gw

Windows XP and Bordermanager 3.7 VPN client
Hi, Seems to be able to get things to work through my ISP at work (using Windows 98), however Windows XP has worked ONLY once so far. Get IP connection fine (infact can even telnet and ping internal servers), however Netware login never works and hangs up with a "No tree or server found" error. When connection is established it says its an IPX call, (IPX tunnel is on), altough I think it should be IP only, what the heck it connects, I can fix that later. However even with every IPX option turned on on all network interfaces, the IPX box is still grayed out in the...

What iis the status of 64Bit Windows 7 VPN client???
Any word on if or when they will post a 64 Bit Windows 7 VPN client?? Chris, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all the other self support options and support programs available. - You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com) Be s...

Windows 7 vpn client
Is one available? -- mschaible ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mschaible wrote: > Is one available? > > The Vista vpn client works fine I'm wondering when Novell is going to issue/publish a 64 bit VPN client? We are looking to update some PCs and we're exploring 64 bit installation of Windows 7. ...

Connect VPN client thru BM to another VPN
i, I have a problem connecting a client inside my network (10.x.x.x) using a CISCO VPN CLIENT. My firewall is a Bordermanager 3.6 SP2a server using NAT and I want to connect to other VPN server. How I have to configure the BM serfver to connect internal client to access others VPN server ????? Thanks in advance Jose hi Jose, let me understand. Are you trying to connect with a Cisco VPN client to a CIsco VPN server or to a BM VPN server? -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

VPN Client BM 3.7
we have a curios situation, we have 3 VPN-Clients installed. The worked for a long time. But now we have only one use how can use the vpn. On the other logins two we have have a problem. On a (properly working) VPN-client: the Tree will go to green, then a policy error comes up, stop the VPN-client. I have test following: - reset the password of such a user - Check the roles for VPN-Client (one group) - remove and add the user to this vpn-client-group - add a second vpn-clinet-role only for this user (and put on the top of group-policy) - set the User admin-equ. not it do...

Windows 7 and Vista VPN Client
I have two PCs running clean installs of Windows 7 (not upgrades). Previously I had the Vista Windows Client and VPN Client loaded on both and all was working. Then, I tried to load the new Windows 7 Novell Client and hosed both PCs. Now I can get one PC (a Lenovo W500) to load the Windows 7 Client but can't load the Vista VPN Client. On the other a (a Dell Dimension 5150/E510) I can get the VPN Client to load but can't get the Windows Client to install. I keep getting this error: "An unknown error 0x000000C1 (193) occurred creating the process to install: Novell Cl...

BM 3.7 VPN client
having issues on 1 XP pro computer - getting version mismatch error b/w application and vptunnel have tried - uninstalling and running vpnregclean.exe, reinstallaing vpn client 3.7.3 - about 6 times but the error still persists should i try a newer vpn client? company standardised on 3.7.3 we have this working properly for everyother vpn user except this one computer - was working ok initially then think user did something and the software stopped working - any other course of action - besides formatting C:? hehehe thanks Theo :) I assume it was this one you followed: http:/...

BorderManager 3.9 VPN on Windows 7
Bordermanager 3.9 sp2 / Windows 7 Home Edition 23 bit The BorderManager 3.9 sp2 (and even sp3) VPN client does not seem to operate on Windows7 Home Edition. Now in TID 7004850 I read that 32bits windows 7 systems only Professional and Ultimate versions have been tested. So has anyone has any succes with the 32bit Windows 7 Home Edition or perhaps any other VPN client that will connect to our BorderManager setup ? Thanks in advance ! -- eloderichs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ eloderichs, It appears that in the past fe...

iPAQ VPN client to BorderManager 3.7
Hi Does any one know if its possible to use an iPAQ (with a GPRS card) as a VPN client to BorderManger 3.7, if so how? Our laptops (with same GPRS card) work great with the Novell VPN client. Many Thanks Mark Evans hi Mark, there is no VPN client for it... -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Is it possible to configure the PocketPc 2002 VPN on the iPAQ to work with Bordermanager 3.7. Thanks Mark Evans "CSL" <Cat@not-here.com> wrote in message news:3ECCA567.82098DF8@not-here.com... > hi Mark, > > the...

Windows 7 NW client login over VPN
The VPN is fine and I can ping the NW server and the Windows server. However, when I try to login it tells me Tree or Server Not Found. What is weird is that it worked yesterday (the first day I tried it). I think the only that I changed is that on the VPN properties, I turned off "Use default gateway on remote network". On all of our XP machines, it works fine. -- hgrossman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Can you login if you put in the IP address of your server/tree instead? -- Peter eDirectory Rules! htt...

BM VPN site - to
Hi, Can i use BM 3.7 or 3.8 to create a site-to-site VPN with a BM server on one site an a hardware VPN device (Cisco, Nortel) on the other site ? Or does site-to-site VPN always need to be 2 BM servers ? Regards, Jan Wiersma the Netherlands. Jan Wiersma wrote: > Hi, > > Can i use BM 3.7 or 3.8 to create a site-to-site VPN with a BM server on one site an a hardware VPN device (Cisco, Nortel) on the other site ? > Or does site-to-site VPN always need to be 2 BM servers ? 3.7 is BMgr only. 3.8 should work with any IPSEC VPN. -andy ...

Did anybody try to get Nokia Mobile VPN Client to connect to a BM VPN server?
If you do not know the software (for symbian mobile phones) see: http://businesssoftware.nokia.com/mobile_vpn_downloads.php This client seems to be very wide adaptable to different Ipsec VPN authentication and encryption methods. But I do not know which methods are implemented on the BM side, so I cannot judge from the documentation, if this can work or is clearly impossible. If it could be made working, that would be a really nice thing. -- W. Prindl W_, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has trigg...

VPN Client 3.7 and Windows 2003 Server
I put Windows 2003 server on my laptop and installed the VPN client (3.7) to access my work vpn (BM 3.6 I think). When I try to login to via the VPN client I get "Failed to connect to the authentication gatewat. Could not acquire a network socket". Any ideas what the fix is for this? G.C.I. Gary, I'm not exactly sure if the latest VPN client supports win2003 or not. -- Lance Reynolds, CNE Using XanaNews 1.15.2.7 bm37vpn3 has not being tested in windows 2003 and it is not officially supported on this platform Regards Gonzalo ...

BM 3.8 VPN Client on Windows XP
Hi there, i've got a exact 3 min delay connecting from windows xp sp2 to bm38 with NW client 4.91 and nmas disabled ... the negotiating and authenticating flashed and after 03:02 the connection establishes ... Any suggstions ? Thanks Wolfgang Does this only happen on one particular PC? Are you trying to log into NetWare as part of the VPN connection? If so, disable that, and log in afterward with Client32. Any faster that way? Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on BorderManager, go to http://w...

Web resources about - BM VPN Client for Windows 7 64bit - novell.bordermanager.vpn

The Windows Blog

Comparison breaks down all the missing features in Office for Mac & iPad vs Windows
This comparison of the differences between Microsoft Office on Mac, Windows, and iOS devices was put together by Kurt Schmucker who (disclaimer) ...

Warner Bros. ignores PC players, drops Windows support for Mortal Kombat X
Shown here: Owners of the PC version of Mortal Kombat X While versions of many Mortal Kombat games have come to the PC over the years, the series ...

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11102 arrives on the Fast ring
Microsoft promised late last year that it would be speeding up the rate that new Windows 10 preview builds arrived on the Fast ring in 2016, ...

How to stop Windows 10 from constantly bothering you about what’s bothering you
... this month, Microsoft unwittingly angered a significant portion of its user base by publishing frightening specific statistics about Windows ...

A developer is so frustrated by the Windows 10 app store, he's telling people to stop writing Windows ...
For months, developers have been complaining about a big problem with Microsoft's Windows 10 app store: their apps never show up in the search ...

After many promises, Microsoft accelerates Windows 10 preview delivery
Microsoft yesterday issued a new Windows 10 preview to its Insider testers, making good at least in one instance on a December promise to quicken ...

Dropbox just released a native Windows 10 app for tablets
Dropbox teamed up with Microsoft back in 2014, and since then many of the new features the company has introduced have focused around that partnership. ...