BM VPN client 3.9.3 and power user

Hello

I would like to use VPN client 3.9.3 on Windows XP SP on power user
account, but when I run vpnlogin.exe then nothing happens.
The user has got full rights for registry
HKLM\Software\Novell\VPN\Current folder but the client still not working.
One thing is interesting for me, client version 3.8.16, 3.9.0 works fine
on power user account but client version 3.9.2, 3.9.3 not. Why? Where is
the problem and how to fix it?

Regards
Pawel
0
katoh

In article <1ysGn.7262$N74.1779@kovat.provo.novell.com>, Katoh wrote:
> I would like to use VPN client 3.9.3 on Windows XP SP on power user
> account, but when I run vpnlogin.exe then nothing happens.
> The user has got full rights for registry
> HKLM\Software\Novell\VPN\Current folder but the client still not working.
> One thing is interesting for me, client version 3.8.16, 3.9.0 works fine
> on power user account but client version 3.9.2, 3.9.3 not. Why? Where is
> the problem and how to fix it?

I didn't think anything changed regarding permissions to install or run.
Does the new client work OK for you if you have administrator rights?

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig
5/14/2010 5:23:02 PM
W dniu 2010-05-14 19:23, Craig Johnson pisze:
> In article<1ysGn.7262$N74.1779@kovat.provo.novell.com>, Katoh wrote:
>> I would like to use VPN client 3.9.3 on Windows XP SP on power user

XP SP3 of course

>> account, but when I run vpnlogin.exe then nothing happens.
>> The user has got full rights for registry
>> HKLM\Software\Novell\VPN\Current folder but the client still not working.
>> One thing is interesting for me, client version 3.8.16, 3.9.0 works fine
>> on power user account but client version 3.9.2, 3.9.3 not. Why? Where is
>> the problem and how to fix it?
>>
> I didn't think anything changed regarding permissions to install or run.
> Does the new client work OK for you if you have administrator rights?

Yes it does. On administrator account it works fine.
Any suggestions?

Regards
Pawel
0
katoh
5/15/2010 9:27:21 PM
In article <ZkEHn.10456$N74.10349@kovat.provo.novell.com>, Katoh wrote:
> Yes it does. On administrator account it works fine.
> Any suggestions?

I think everyone has just settled on giving power user access.  You
could, I suppose, use a group policy to lock things down from there.