BM C2S Inetcfg

I'm trying to setup BM 3.9
I seem to be missing some configs in inetcfg?

Should my Default Route be pointing to the Public side next hop or the
Private side? Currently I only have one entry...should I have others?

From which interface are you accessing iManager...Public or Private?
I'm accessing it from the private side right now.

Thanks

Kirk Fontaine
Dawson College
Montreal

0
kfontaine

On 07/29/2010 10:45 PM, Kirk Fontaine wrote:
> I'm trying to setup BM 3.9
> I seem to be missing some configs in inetcfg?
>
> Should my Default Route be pointing to the Public side next hop or the
> Private side? Currently I only have one entry...should I have others?

Public side. Default route is only one. You can not have more than one

>  From which interface are you accessing iManager...Public or Private?
> I'm accessing it from the private side right now.

For security reasons, from the private.
0
Mysterious

inetcfg and C2S vpn
Nw6.0 and BMsp1 I am trying to setup a Client to site IKE based VPN on a server that had a legacy VPN setup. The problem is, after setting up the VPN server and service in Imanager, nothing loads No vpmaster,Authgw or Ike. I suspect that the reason revolves aroung the fact that the legacy tunnel still shows up in inetcfg. I can see no other reason why it wont load. The legacy config has been removed with vpncfg. and it shows that there is no VPN servers configured, yet the tunnel still shows up in inetcfg. Is there a way to remove this entry in inetcfg? With out causing downti...

BM VPN site - to
Hi, Can i use BM 3.7 or 3.8 to create a site-to-site VPN with a BM server on one site an a hardware VPN device (Cisco, Nortel) on the other site ? Or does site-to-site VPN always need to be 2 BM servers ? Regards, Jan Wiersma the Netherlands. Jan Wiersma wrote: > Hi, > > Can i use BM 3.7 or 3.8 to create a site-to-site VPN with a BM server on one site an a hardware VPN device (Cisco, Nortel) on the other site ? > Or does site-to-site VPN always need to be 2 BM servers ? 3.7 is BMgr only. 3.8 should work with any IPSEC VPN. -andy ...

C2S VPN , BM 3.8 server
Hello, I had posted a question regarding this issue before, but nothing ever really came of it until now, because we have a customer who is needing this issue fixed. We have 1 server that runs NWSB 6.5 sp2. It has all the company files, information ,etc, basically everyone logs into this server. We want to run a C2S VPN server on it. I have the general setup, and install done. However when I log in to the VPN server using C2S, I can't get to any of the volumes or for that matter the BM server itself. In my testing lab this wasn't an issue because I had two or more servers ...

BM 3.8 sp2 VPN c2s
We have installed a NW 6 SP4 server, with BM 3.8 SP2, and are trying to get VPN C2S working. We do have Craig Johnson's book as a guide, but we are still experiencing the following problems. 1.) We are not able to login into the Netware server, we receive the following Netware login attempt failed, user is not logged in to Netware(this happens after about two minutes of trying) We thought that we had this fixed when we added a host entry into the PC's hosts file. This worked when the PC was connected to the internal side of the network(at least on our one test PC), however still...

BM 3.8 VPN C2S with ActivCard
Hello After upgrading BM3.6 with VPN C2S and ActivCard One to 3.8 I can authenticate VPN without entering token password using backward compability. In the VPN-client 3.8.7 readme -file it states: The ActiveCard token authentication method will work if the ActiveCard token method is configured for the user in eDirectory. The only method i can find is the Universal smart card. Is there a way to make my ActivCard One tokens to work with BM 3.8 VPN? If not, whitch tokens work with 3.8 NMAS/VPN client and BM 3.8? Thank you in advance. Thomas Brod�n ...

BM VPN client (C2S) w/Cisco 3005
Anyone tried to set up a C2S VPN using the BM 3.8 Client to a Cisco 3005? Any suggestions, comments, help would be appreciated. Novell has done it, and I think have documented it somewhere, probably an AppNote. Easiest way would probably be to use preshared secret, but X.509 certificate mode should also work. (Somewhat complicated to set up). Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com *** > Novell has done it, and I think have documented it somewhere...

BM 3.8 C2S VPN Server is not responding
Hello, I have some problems with VPN Client-to-site. I installed BorderManager 3.8 with SP1a on a NW 6.5 server and configure C2S in backward comp. mode (VPNCFG and rules with iManager). Client can connect and authenticate with eDirectory user/ password to BM server and I can ping the internal LAN (172.16.x.x), BUT after 10 to 15 seconds a windows pops up and says "Server is not responding. Connection will be disconnected." and the client disconnects ! Problems occurs with different Client OS (W2K, XP) and different VPN Clients (3.7 and 3.8.x). Thank for help. ...

NW 6.5 and BM 3.8 C2S VPN
Hello, Here is the setup that I currently have, and the problems I'm experiencing. I have one NW 6.5 SP2 file sever, BM 3.8 patched up to BM38FP3B, the SECUDP6A security update for E-Directory, and NMSRV235 NMAS update to E-Directory as per the Current patch list on Craig's web site. Here are some of the things that I have seen on the server "IKE" screen OPEN DIRECTORY SYS:/ETC/IKE/ROOTCERT/ERROR,ERRNO:1 That is the first message that shows up when I start the C2S service after configuring it through iManager.I have downloaded the new VPN client from the su...

BM 3.8 C2S VPN
Ok... I've been working with BM VPN's since the beginning of their time, and frankly, I have never had the kind of difficulties that I have had since BM3.8. The Client to Site VPN config seems pretty routine and straightforward, but either I am missing something very obvious and simple, or I need to change careers. Out of 4 C2S VPN installs, I have 1 that is working properly. If I try to duplicate that setup anywhere else, I get mixed results. All are running on NetWare SBS v6.5, and are using various methods of connecting to he Internet (From T1 to DSL to Cable ...

C2S BM 3.3 Not Working. AUTHGW cant acquire VPN keys
Hello, I've been messing around with this New NBM 3.8. I configured as C2S using the new iManger method. Everything was working Great. NMAS and Certificates. However It did not work in the way i had hoped So i decided to just stay with the Legacy vpn to avoid having to update vpn clients on 130 PCs in 20 cities.. I attempted to delete the VPN server and C2S configuration in iManager. But it would not delete. I was patient for about 2 hours then decided to remove it manually. I deleted many entries under the "Other Tab" in console one. All the ones starting with vpn....

C2S VPn on BM 3.8 behind a Efficient 5930 gateway(firewall/router)
Hi, I need to setup a Client-to-Site VPn connection to a NSBS 6.5 server with BM 3.8 running. I have one public IP on the Efficient router/gateway. I have a DMZ private range where the Efficient router and the NSBS 6.5 is in. (192.168.254.0/24) I have a private range where all the workstations are in. (10.1.0.0/24) The server is now available from the outside for mail by NAT-ing port 25 to the 10.1.0.x address of the server. How do I setup this BM server to get a C2S connection? Thanx, Lars Dam L, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a respons...

VPN C2S and NAT at private Int. NAT static and dynmic on public interface BM 3.7
I tried to configure at same machine with two interfaces C2S with nat on internal interface an static and dynmic nat at external interface with BM 3.6 / 3.7. ______________________________________________ Gebics GmbH IT Consulting & Service Stefan Grzenkowski Gesch�ftsf�hrer Heinkel Str. 5 68804 Altlu�heim Tel: +49 (0) 6205 3097 12 Fax: +49 (0) 6205 3097 49 email: sg@gebics.de http://www.gebics.de http://www.gebics-software.de _____________________________________________ In article <zKgzc.888$Z5.529@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Stefan Grzenkowski wr...

Small VPN appliance to connect to BM VPN
--____VQHYVYNDJJYFRGAXQVCU____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 30 Mar 2007 18:09:36 -0400" Can anybody recommend a small (inexpensive) router that could easily = create a VPN from it to a BM 3.8 server? We have a remote location = (warehouse) that will have 2 computers. I was going to set up the = workstations to connect to a Terminal server in the main office to run the = applications they require. The problem I am attempting to deal with is = that the use...

Cisco VPN or BM VPN open question..
Hi People, I have a customer, they have a small Netware deployment (100 Users), and like the Novell Technologies. They are now looking to provide their own internet access (currently hosted) Therefore they are going to need a Proxy server and a VPN server. Cisco salesman has been in and told them the best option is to use a Cisco VPN (I guess this only does VPN and not Proxy but I am not sure of the Details.) Was just wondering if anyone had any views, whether to use CISCO vpn or BM. So far I can think of... 1) I think that BM will be cheaper? 2) They have a Netwar...

Web resources about - BM C2S Inetcfg - novell.bordermanager.vpn