BM 3.8 VPN C2S with ActivCard

Hello

After upgrading BM3.6 with VPN C2S and ActivCard One to 3.8 I can authenticate VPN without entering token password using backward compability. In the VPN-client 3.8.7  readme -file it states: The ActiveCard token
          authentication method will work if the ActiveCard
          token method is configured for the user in
          eDirectory.

The only method i can find is the Universal smart card. Is there a way to make my ActivCard One tokens  to work with BM 3.8 VPN?  If not, whitch tokens work with 3.8 NMAS/VPN client and BM 3.8?

Thank you in advance.

Thomas Brod�n

0
Thomas

Thomas,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
9/30/2004 5:56:29 PM
In article <KQS5d.3108$8p3.1397@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Thomas Brod�n  wrote:
> The only method i can find is the Universal smart card. Is there a way to make my ActivCard One
tokens  to work with BM 3.8 VPN?  If not, whitch tokens work with 3.8 NMAS/VPN client and BM 3.8?

I have not used ActivCard and VPN login, but I have been told that there is an ActivCard
patch/update required to make it work on 3.8, and the update is available from ActivCard.  (And I
have been told it is not free).

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig

BM 3.5 to BM 3.8 w/VPN
Bordermanager 3.5 server on Netware 5.1 providing firewall and proxy services for users on internal network. This box is also acting as the Master VPN server with multiple site-to-site VPN links to BM 3.5 slave servers. Primary Goal Replace the existing Bordermanager 3.5 master VPN server hardware with a new server running Bordermanager 3.8 on Netware 6.0. It is possible to have both servers online during migration. Must minimize disruption to firewall, proxy & VPN services. Secondary Goal: No changes (or minimial changes only) to the slave servers running BM 3.5. (T...

BM 3.8 sp2 VPN c2s
We have installed a NW 6 SP4 server, with BM 3.8 SP2, and are trying to get VPN C2S working. We do have Craig Johnson's book as a guide, but we are still experiencing the following problems. 1.) We are not able to login into the Netware server, we receive the following Netware login attempt failed, user is not logged in to Netware(this happens after about two minutes of trying) We thought that we had this fixed when we added a host entry into the PC's hosts file. This worked when the PC was connected to the internal side of the network(at least on our one test PC), however still...

C2S VPN , BM 3.8 server
Hello, I had posted a question regarding this issue before, but nothing ever really came of it until now, because we have a customer who is needing this issue fixed. We have 1 server that runs NWSB 6.5 sp2. It has all the company files, information ,etc, basically everyone logs into this server. We want to run a C2S VPN server on it. I have the general setup, and install done. However when I log in to the VPN server using C2S, I can't get to any of the volumes or for that matter the BM server itself. In my testing lab this wasn't an issue because I had two or more servers ...

Can I import VPN setting from BM 3.7 into BM 3.8
Hi all, we have a Netware 6.5 server with Bordermanager 3.7. (after migration from NW 5.1) This worked fine for a year, but now the server abends several times a day. Bordermanager is only used for Proxy and VPN. I want to replace the server with a new installed NW6.5 with BM 3.8. Can I quickly and easy import my current VPN settings from BM 3.7? Greetz, Erwin hi Erwin, You can't really "import" the VPN from a server to another one, unless you image it (but at the end you would have an identical server, i.e. 3.7). The safest way is to reconfigure the VPN in t...

BM 3.8 C2S VPN Server is not responding
Hello, I have some problems with VPN Client-to-site. I installed BorderManager 3.8 with SP1a on a NW 6.5 server and configure C2S in backward comp. mode (VPNCFG and rules with iManager). Client can connect and authenticate with eDirectory user/ password to BM server and I can ping the internal LAN (172.16.x.x), BUT after 10 to 15 seconds a windows pops up and says "Server is not responding. Connection will be disconnected." and the client disconnects ! Problems occurs with different Client OS (W2K, XP) and different VPN Clients (3.7 and 3.8.x). Thank for help. ...

NW 6.5 and BM 3.8 C2S VPN
Hello, Here is the setup that I currently have, and the problems I'm experiencing. I have one NW 6.5 SP2 file sever, BM 3.8 patched up to BM38FP3B, the SECUDP6A security update for E-Directory, and NMSRV235 NMAS update to E-Directory as per the Current patch list on Craig's web site. Here are some of the things that I have seen on the server "IKE" screen OPEN DIRECTORY SYS:/ETC/IKE/ROOTCERT/ERROR,ERRNO:1 That is the first message that shows up when I start the C2S service after configuring it through iManager.I have downloaded the new VPN client from the su...

BM 3.8 C2S VPN
Ok... I've been working with BM VPN's since the beginning of their time, and frankly, I have never had the kind of difficulties that I have had since BM3.8. The Client to Site VPN config seems pretty routine and straightforward, but either I am missing something very obvious and simple, or I need to change careers. Out of 4 C2S VPN installs, I have 1 that is working properly. If I try to duplicate that setup anywhere else, I get mixed results. All are running on NetWare SBS v6.5, and are using various methods of connecting to he Internet (From T1 to DSL to Cable ...

VPN 3.6 slave to VPN 3.8 master
I have more or less gone through what I could to set this up. I exported the BM 3.8 master encryption key (minfo.vpn) and imported that to the BM 3.6 slave without any issue. I then created the slave (sinfo.vpn) file. I had setup the vpn tunnel ip's as 192.168.10.1 and when these were both masters, clients could access either one perfectly. We know the VPN's work. I changed 1 to a slave, but I halted what I was doing as I noted that the master and slave networks both are using 192.168.0.x for the private IP's. Questions: 1. Can a 3.6 slave talk to a 3.8 master?...

VPN 3.8 Client behind Netgear Router and BM 3.8 behind Linux IPTABLES
I ve configured my BM 3.8 Client behind my Netgear DSL Router (NAT). I ve configured my BM 3.8 SP1 Server behind Linux (IPTABLES NAT) not a filter problem. In this configuration I can do all at BM 3.8 server. I ve configured my BM entry policies from Craigs Johnsons book Authentication with NMAS (NDS). Now if I connect to BM server I got following NMAS error (error authentication gateway FFFFF996. The same error if I configure my vpm client in same network like my natted linux interface. I m not sure where I should look at first. I ve heard BM is running a linux na...

VPN Client 3.8 behind Netgear Router VPN Server C2S behind Linux IPTABLES
I configured my vpn client behind a Netgear router in NAT modus. MY BM 3.8 C2S is running behind Linux IPTABLES in static NAT Modus. If configured my bm policies after the book from john craig (NMAS / PASSWORD/ NDS) If I connect from my VPN Client I get NMAS error "error authentication FFFF996" but nothing in nmasmon (ver 1.21) If I connect the client can read the name of Tree but then occured the error. The same error I get if I configure my vpn client in the same network like linux public interface and attach from there my BM about linux nat interface. Does any...

C2S VPn on BM 3.8 behind a Efficient 5930 gateway(firewall/router)
Hi, I need to setup a Client-to-Site VPn connection to a NSBS 6.5 server with BM 3.8 running. I have one public IP on the Efficient router/gateway. I have a DMZ private range where the Efficient router and the NSBS 6.5 is in. (192.168.254.0/24) I have a private range where all the workstations are in. (10.1.0.0/24) The server is now available from the outside for mail by NAT-ing port 25 to the 10.1.0.x address of the server. How do I setup this BM server to get a C2S connection? Thanx, Lars Dam L, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a respons...

VPN client 3.7 used to connect on BM 3.8
Hi, I need to know if it is possible to have the VPN client 3.7.1 and be able to connect on BorderManager 3.8 and received a local IP address and DNS resolution. Setup is on Nw6.5 sp1b, BM 3.8 sp1, VPN client 3.7.1 Thxs... no, you need the BM3.8 client (and the BM3.8 server) for that. -- Caterina Luppi Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

update 3.7 to 3.8; vpn c2s no longer working
client gets error "xx.xx.xx.xx is not a valid vpn server or authentication gateway is not loaded on the vpn server. updated server from 6.0 sp3 to 6.5sp1.1; bm 3.7 to 3.8 sp2a. I've tried various clients... Started out following the legacy client config, assuming my current config would be mostly in tact. had to manually load vpmaster on the server, but after that nwadmin would let me access vpn master and client properties and all looked well. authgw was not loaded so loaded that, but no help there. gave up. then followed chapter 19 and 20 in craig's book...

C2S BM 3.3 Not Working. AUTHGW cant acquire VPN keys
Hello, I've been messing around with this New NBM 3.8. I configured as C2S using the new iManger method. Everything was working Great. NMAS and Certificates. However It did not work in the way i had hoped So i decided to just stay with the Legacy vpn to avoid having to update vpn clients on 130 PCs in 20 cities.. I attempted to delete the VPN server and C2S configuration in iManager. But it would not delete. I was patient for about 2 hours then decided to remove it manually. I deleted many entries under the "Other Tab" in console one. All the ones starting with vpn....

Web resources about - BM 3.8 VPN C2S with ActivCard - novell.bordermanager.vpn

EPL - Evaluated Products List: ASD Australian Signals Directorate
Australian Signals Directorate Reveal Their Secrets – Protect Our Own Home Information security ISM - Information Security Manual Strategies ...

Change Ahead – and I am really excited about it!
Change. Checking LinkedIn you’ll see I’ve embraced change through what is heading toward my 2nd complete decade in product management leadership. ...

Appvance Team
Kevin Surace CEO Appvance CEO Kevin has led organizations for 25 years including Serious Energy, Perfect Commerce, CommerceNet, General Magic, ...

Fortifying Your Network-Access Control - Bank Systems & Technology
Passwords are still the dominant method of securing data, but with blurring network borders, higher stakes transactions and stricter regulations, ...

Management
Identive's Management

Mr LEE Kheng Nam - Infocomm Investments
Mr Lee is currently Chairman of Advantec Pte Ltd, an investment holding company. From March 1995 to February 2004, he was the President of Vertex ...

Lexdon Company Profiles

Tivoli, WebSphere flaws
Today's bug patches and security alerts:

eCatalog
eCatalog

Treiber Download:
Kostenloser Treiber Download