BM 3.8 S2S with prosafe vpn firewall fvs124g

Hi,

Had a solid tunnel setup and then it dropped:
WED JUL 14 13:40:03 2010  INFO :: Quick Mode completed with message
ID(0x506f7528)
WED JUL 14 15:28:26 2010  INFO :: Initiator SPD selectors received: IP
SUBNET, 10.30.0.0, mask 16 proto 0, port 0
WED JUL 14 15:28:26 2010  INFO :: Responder SPD selectors received: IP
SUBNET, 10.31.1.0, mask 24 proto 0, port 0
WED JUL 14 15:28:26 2010  INFO :: IKE phase-II Started with message ID
(0x619afefb)
WED JUL 14 15:28:26 2010  INFO :: Initiator SPD selectors received: IP
SUBNET, 10.30.0.0, mask 16 proto 0, port 0
WED JUL 14 15:28:26 2010  INFO :: Responder SPD selectors received: IP
SUBNET, 10.31.1.0, mask 24 proto 0, port 0
WED JUL 14 15:28:26 2010  INFO :: IKE phase-II Started with message ID
(0xfab7216)
WED JUL 14 15:28:26 2010  INFO :: Deleting the IsakmpSA.

Checking the Netgear VPN status it showed phase 1 as idle and phases 2
as connected. Checking Novell Remote Manager VPN monitoring it also
showed the connection as up. I have them both setup as intiate and
respond. Is there a way I can get them to recognize the connection
dropped and re-setup? To get them going I had to drop and reload IKE on
the BM server.

Thanks,

Will

Will,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
7/20/2010 7:01:16 PM
In article <391783263.4e3xvb@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, 391783263 wrote:
> Checking the Netgear VPN status it showed phase 1 as idle and phases 2
> as connected. Checking Novell Remote Manager VPN monitoring it also
> showed the connection as up. I have them both setup as intiate and
> respond. Is there a way I can get them to recognize the connection
> dropped and re-setup? To get them going I had to drop and reload IKE on
> the BM server.

Perhaps it would be easier to just set up a slow, continuous ping on the
BM server (in autoexec) to keep the connection up?

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0