Billing - Reporting for BM VPN ?

Hi,

I am looking for a software, freeware,tool, ,snapin, that can generate
me
reports
for billing reasons to different lines of services for users
connecting to
our network using Bordermanager 3.7..
Is anyone using such a software or point me where to find it..

Kind

Regards

Guido

0
Guido

hi Guido,

are they connecting through the VPN?
 As far as I know there is no such a software around...

--
Cat

CSL
2/19/2003 10:40:15 AM
In article <SHI4a.5992$Hm3.2779@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Guido
wrote:
> for users connecting to
> our network using Bordermanager 3.7..

Something exists for proxy common logs (BRDSTATS), but I'm not sure
that is what you are wanting here.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://nscsysop.hypermart.net ***

0
Craig
2/20/2003 4:44:56 AM
Yes they are connection through VPN. One BM for different departments
and we
have to provide reports per department for billing purposes.

How many connections, bytes transferred, received, duration of the
connection.
This is very important. Otherwise new VPN solutions must be found.

Regards

Guido
"CSL" <Cat@not-here.com> wrote in message
> hi Guido,
>
> are they connecting through the VPN?
>  As far as I know there is no such a software around...
>
> --
> Cat
> Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop

0
Guido
2/20/2003 11:00:17 AM
hi Guido,

BM doesn't provide this feature.
You might want to look at a third party software to associate to your
system for this, something like MRTG.

--
Cat

CSL

BM VPN site - to
Hi, Can i use BM 3.7 or 3.8 to create a site-to-site VPN with a BM server on one site an a hardware VPN device (Cisco, Nortel) on the other site ? Or does site-to-site VPN always need to be 2 BM servers ? Regards, Jan Wiersma the Netherlands. Jan Wiersma wrote: > Hi, > > Can i use BM 3.7 or 3.8 to create a site-to-site VPN with a BM server on one site an a hardware VPN device (Cisco, Nortel) on the other site ? > Or does site-to-site VPN always need to be 2 BM servers ? 3.7 is BMgr only. 3.8 should work with any IPSEC VPN. -andy ...

Cisco VPN or BM VPN open question..
Hi People, I have a customer, they have a small Netware deployment (100 Users), and like the Novell Technologies. They are now looking to provide their own internet access (currently hosted) Therefore they are going to need a Proxy server and a VPN server. Cisco salesman has been in and told them the best option is to use a Cisco VPN (I guess this only does VPN and not Proxy but I am not sure of the Details.) Was just wondering if anyone had any views, whether to use CISCO vpn or BM. So far I can think of... 1) I think that BM will be cheaper? 2) They have a Netwar...

Small VPN appliance to connect to BM VPN
--____VQHYVYNDJJYFRGAXQVCU____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 30 Mar 2007 18:09:36 -0400" Can anybody recommend a small (inexpensive) router that could easily = create a VPN from it to a BM 3.8 server? We have a remote location = (warehouse) that will have 2 computers. I was going to set up the = workstations to connect to a Terminal server in the main office to run the = applications they require. The problem I am attempting to deal with is = that the use...

Connect VPN client thru BM to another VPN
i, I have a problem connecting a client inside my network (10.x.x.x) using a CISCO VPN CLIENT. My firewall is a Bordermanager 3.6 SP2a server using NAT and I want to connect to other VPN server. How I have to configure the BM serfver to connect internal client to access others VPN server ????? Thanks in advance Jose hi Jose, let me understand. Are you trying to connect with a Cisco VPN client to a CIsco VPN server or to a BM VPN server? -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Bordermanager vpn vs Cisco router vpn etc
I have a small client with a Novell 5.x server with about 35 clients, many of which are needing some sort of vpn access. Trying to figure out if it is easier to setup border manager for vpn access on the server or simply get a router that will provide vpn access. Which would be easier or more cost effective in this scenario over a dsl connection. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks Paul I guess it depends a lot on cost. Do you already have BMgr? (A copy that includes client-site VPN?) If so, just install that and configure it. As for using ...

VPN thru BM 3.6 t oW2K VPN
--____NKHXHHECQEOVYUGORWTG____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Is it possible to create a VPN from a W2k-machine to a W2K-Server in the = Internet from a NAT-Network across Bordermanager ? Greetings Uwe --____NKHXHHECQEOVYUGORWTG____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____HOHDEQRUFCFDMNBJPEJB____" --____HOHDEQRUFCFDMNBJPEJB____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&qu...

Did anybody try to get Nokia Mobile VPN Client to connect to a BM VPN server?
If you do not know the software (for symbian mobile phones) see: http://businesssoftware.nokia.com/mobile_vpn_downloads.php This client seems to be very wide adaptable to different Ipsec VPN authentication and encryption methods. But I do not know which methods are implemented on the BM side, so I cannot judge from the documentation, if this can work or is clearly impossible. If it could be made working, that would be a really nice thing. -- W. Prindl W_, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has trigg...

BorderManager VPN
Hi, I have a customer who is looking for a VPN solution (No more details yet...) Anyhow they have Border Manager 3.8 for proxy. However another site of theirs uses ISA. I know very little about either products. and would like to know peoples views? is BM a good product for VPN, are their better 3rd Party products? Thanks Hi, I use BM vpns all over the place & rate them highly. The 3.8 release was a major step forward as we now use the ipsec standard for site to site transport & can now talk to any other industry standard ipsec vpn endpoint. Client to...

legacy vpn + new vpn
Hi, I am running a bordermanager nw6 3.7 server configured as a master vpn server. The slave is also a nw6 3.7 server and is in another country. Now we need to put another slave to this vpn, however w'd like to do that with bordermanager 3.8. The question is if we update this server from 3.7 to 3.8, will the legacy vpn run without a problem, while 3.7 on the other side is running. (I think this will be no problem, correct me if I am wrong) On the other hand I want to configure a new master vpn on the same server by use of imanager. The other slave will be the new company. I...

VPN
Where might I find/configure a log of who connects to our VPN, whether or not they login to Netware once connected, etc. The login to Netware portion is relatively unimportant, but I would like to track basic information like remote IP, username, connect time, disconnect time, etc. Netware 6.5, BorderManager 3.8/SP4/IR3. Client is 3.8.11 for all remote users. We currently have two working VPNs - different servers, different OU's. TIA. -S- I don't know if this has changed in later versions of BM but this is how I monitor activity in BM 3.7. Open NWADM...

vpn to vpn connection question
Hello: I've been asked to look into a vpn to vpn connection with a third party vpn server connection to our bm38sp2 vpn. Last week I had asked if this was possible and the answer was yes (but). Currently I have our vpn up and running to allow me secure access from home for remote management. The vpn is setup as the master vpn server. Now, if I try to connect to a third party vpn, will our server be a client in this case (I assume so)? If so, how does this impact our current setup as a master server? Thanks in advance, Chris. PS. Others have suggested (strongly) to si...

VPN clientc can ping internal hosts, but can't ping private address of the BM VPN server.
VPN client connects just fine, I can ping and login to my internal servers both by address and by name etc. - all is great, but I can't ping and can't login/map drives to the BM server itself. Ping to 10.0.0.2 (private interface of the BM VPN server) fails. If I try to map to 10.0.0.2\sys: I get the error code 8884... Setup: BM 3.8 SP2a Server with 2 interfaces: Public: 81.x.x.242 with dynamic NAT and no secondary IP addresses. Prvate: 10.0.0.2/255.255.255.0 (NCP Include IP Addresses = 10.0.0.2 set on the server) The rest of the private network is using different subnet...

VPN
We are currently using a Cisco VPN 5001 concentrator authenticating to a Cisco Secure Radius Server. I do not manage this hardware/software. I authenticate just fine to the organization itself but as in any organization, the organization spans multiple subnets, networks, etc. The dilemma I am having is logging into my server once I get authenticated. I have a Novell client installed but I cannot login to the server because it does not find it -- here I'm listing the server name, server tree and context. I've also tried mapping drives to the server by IP addres...

vpn
hi i setup my vpn connection i setup it on desktop pc and connected successfully i setup it on laptop(dell inspiron 1520) as like as my desktop and connected but i didn't have any receive what can i do? -- morteza13581358 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I am not entirely sure what you are trying to get at. What kind of VPN did you try to set up? Is this Vpn on your local computer or in a remote location? -- ghostwind ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ghostwind's Profi...

vpn
hi i setup dsl connection on my laptop but i can't use it via kinternet kinternet don't show it what can i do? :( -- morteza13581358 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please see my post here. 'Bryan 手札 &#8212; 生活記趣 � Opensuse information' (http://lifestory.moqin.com/?cat=344) It will be able to help you. -- Regards, Bryan Yu http://lifestory.moqin.com/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ df6269's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=7...

Web resources about - Billing - Reporting for BM VPN ? - novell.bordermanager.vpn

Reporting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Contract Analyst Programmer (Reporting/.Net) 151223/AP/266

Banks playing key role in reporting transactions with suspected terrorism links, Austrac says
Australia's financial intelligence agency Austrac is monitoring the financial DNA of those Australians likely to transfer money to fund Islamic ...

Facebook Improves Real-Names Policy Reporting, Verifying
Facebook took its latest steps to reform its controversial real-names policy with its introduction of tools to fine-tune the reporting process ...

Reporting for duty after Paris attacks
In a renewed sense of nationalism, young French citizens flock to army recruitment agencies to join the military.

NYT public editor rips San Bernardino reporting - Business Insider Deutschland
The New York Times' public editor called for "systemic change" after an article incorrectly stated Tashfeen Malik posted openly on social media ...

Fiat Chrysler fined $70 million on safety reporting lapses
WASHINGTON - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles will pay a $70 million fine for failing to report fatalities, injuries and warranty repairs as U.S. safety ...

New York Times tries and fails to fix its own botched San Bernardino reporting
The New York Times has corrected its massively botched story on the San Bernardino terrorists . Kinda sorta. The story by past reporting-botchers ...

Fox Suspends Stacey Dash From On-Air Reporting for Profanity-Laden Remark Against President Obama
Fox Suspends Stacey Dash From On-Air Reporting for Profanity-Laden Remark Against President Obama

What Flap Over Reporting Instagram Flaw to Facebook Teaches Us
NEWS ANALYSIS: In a public spat, a security researcher lashes out at Facebook about a reported Instagram bug, and Facebook's chief security officer ...