Access to web services on the vpn server

We have to NW6SB server running with SP2a. One is running as a BM
Firewall/VPN server. The other is used as the main print and file
server.
Accessing VPN works fine. I can access files on both servers. I can
manage the internal file server with the Remote Manager on port
8008/8009
from inside an outside (VPN) the network. I can do the same from the
inside on the VPN server but not using VPN with the internal address.
even can't reach the service with filters down from the internet.

Any suggestions?

Regards, Robert

0
rschiebeTAKETHISOUT

Try adding a static nat entry on the public interface, mapping the
private ip address to itself.  It will give an error but just ignore
it.  Reinitialize system and try again.

--
LaNce ReyNolds, CNE
Using XaNaNews 1.13.2.8

0
Lance

Access local server(LAN Server) from Web Server(Web Application Server)
Hello All I have a local server for my LAN and a Web server(at remote location).Is it possible to access my Local Server from my Web Server ? Thanks MS  ...

Web service access from remote web server
Hi, I have a web application that allows the client to generate news items. If this app sits on http://www.appserver.com/ I can happily create a web service that allows the client to pull content from it. This web service will be sat at http://www.appserver.com/public/services/iNewsExtract.asmx The C# file sat in AppCode contains the following: using System;using System.Web;using System.Collections;using System.Web.Services;using System.Web.Services.Protocols;using System.Data;using System.Data.SqlClient;using System.Configuration;/// <summary>/// Summary description for iNe...

Craig's Tip #77 (3.8 Site-Site VPN slave server that won't start VPN services)
I have a couple of questions: Does this problem happen in IKE mode, Legacy mode, or both ? If there's a replica of root on another server on the slave's segment, I assume this is enough of a 'fix' to allow the services to start properly? Thanks Adrian James Quote: "Update: Aug 24, 2004: I am hearing that there is a design bug with BorderManager 3.8 Site-to-Site VPN that requires the slave server to contact a replica of the Root partition in order to launch. This means (for now) that you need to put a replica of Root on the VPN slave server. This makes se...

Server access with VPN
I an new to this whole VPN thingy. I am running 3 Novell SBS 6.0 Sp4 servers and one has Border Manager 3.6 running. For right now I only want VPN clients to access the GroupWise 6.0 POA located on the Border Manager Server, but I was wondering if I need to setup something differently if I want VPN clients to access the other servers. My boss doesn't want the other servers to be reached from the outside, but we had talked about possibly in the future allowing access to them. Anyway I don't want to have to set things up twice if I don't have to. Just wondering, ...

Deleting 3rd Party S2S VPN Server Breaks Slave VPN Configuration For All Servers, eventually.
I thought I posted this weeks ago but after searching the forum I did not find it. So here is the issue and the Official Novell Fix. Setting up a 3rd Party VPN with BM 3.8.2 and NW 6.5.1. It worked great after it was setup. But if you went to delete a 3rd Party slave VPN server it may break another 3rd party slave. The only fix was to completely remove all servers from the Site to Site vpn configuration. Delete the Master site to site server. Create all new objects. Basically, recreate it all from scratch. Opened an incident with Novell and completed several tests and look...

MS VPN Client to BM38 VPN Server?
On win2k and on XPHome I create a network connection which is a VPN connection, then try to do certificate authentication to the BM 38 VPN server. I have the Novell VPN client on the same machine which can authenticate with the same certificate. The MS client returns an Error 800: unable to establish connection, maybe the network is unreachable, maybe your security settings are wrong. With the Novell Client I pick exactly the certificate I want to use to authenticate. I can't find that option in the MS client, I can select a Trusted Root (so I had to export the Trusted Root and add it ...

How to call web service from asp.net application if web service is on web hosting server
Hi! my question is that how to call web service from asp.net if web service is present on web hosting srver....  Actually i created a web service and configure it in IIS and then call it from other asp.net application it works fine but when i copy that web service to web hosting server and call it from asp.net application it gives the following error Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modif...

Access to server via VPN
Hi All, How can I setup my Nw6SP3 file server so that users can access their files over a VPN link? I've tinkered with ifolder but I think that remote users want to be able to access their files as if they were in the office. Anyone help? Regards. > How can I setup my Nw6SP3 file server so that users can access their files > over a VPN link? If using Novell Client, just replace the server name with its IP address under Novell GUI Login | Advanced. Once VPN'd, you should be able to hit the server. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (...

Is BorderManager required for VPN access
We run a mixed 4.2/5.1 network and are looking at installing a mail and internet proxy server. This server is VPN enabled supporting both PPTP and IP-sec. We require remote clients using XP systems to log in to the network. Do I need Border Manager to achieve this ? If not, what would the client systems use to make a connection ? > We run a mixed 4.2/5.1 network and are looking at installing a mail and > internet proxy server. This server is VPN enabled supporting both PPTP and > IP-sec. We require remote clients using XP systems to log in to the >...

VPN access crashes server
I have a user that was allowed VPN access. It has now been removed (user is simply not authorized any more) But each time that user tries to access VPN the server abends in IKE (BM 3.8 SP4) Anybody has an idea how to stop this happening? 11-8-2008 11:18:33 pm ***Send Main Mode message to 90.194.85.71 11-8-2008 11:18:33 pm I-COOKIE=2FA4E98E30D23BF0,R-COOKIE=3F2B4360641CCB1F,MsgID =0,1stPL=KEY-PAYLOAD,state=-1757716928 11-8-2008 11:19:33 pm ***Receive Main Mode message from 90.194.85.71 11-8-2008 11:19:33 pm I-COOKIE=2FA4E98E30D23BF0,R-COOKIE=3F2B4360641CCB1F,MsgID =0,1stP...

VPN appliance and Server access
Greets, I have opted for a SnapGear SME550 VPN appliance for remote access to our NW5.1 servers inside our LAN. So far, I can get inside the LAN from a remote win98 box and ping my servers on 192.168* and even bring up Management Portals for each server with a web browser. Do I still need to do all this BorderManager 'stuff' to login to the Novell Tree and map a few drives? Currently, BorderManager is not installed in our network...but I do have some old BorderManager VPN 3.5 here I could install ONLY if I have to. Thanks in advance for any assistance. Roote...

Bordermanager vpn vs Cisco router vpn etc
I have a small client with a Novell 5.x server with about 35 clients, many of which are needing some sort of vpn access. Trying to figure out if it is easier to setup border manager for vpn access on the server or simply get a router that will provide vpn access. Which would be easier or more cost effective in this scenario over a dsl connection. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks Paul I guess it depends a lot on cost. Do you already have BMgr? (A copy that includes client-site VPN?) If so, just install that and configure it. As for using ...

Web Services vs VPN
Hi friends. First english is not my primary language, then forgive any mistakes. I recently have a discussion with a customer about this subject, Web Services vs VPN. The customer have a central office with an Human Resources Management Application builted on DOS plataform. They have about 150 operations sites (they offers especialized workers to many companies) allocated on yours customers companies. Montly they proccess all workers informations to produce the payment to workers as usual. In the present scenario they use diferents types of comunications to send the informatio...

Web resources about - Access to web services on the vpn server - novell.bordermanager.vpn

United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Department of Health and Human Services ( HHS ) is a Cabinet department of the United States government with the goal of protecting ...

Customer service helps bakery find recipe for success. - AdelaideNow Search Search
PUTTING the customer first has been a key to the success of Bryce’s Bakery in Elizabeth, owner Ben Pacillo says.

Customer service helps bakery find recipe for success
PUTTING the customer first has been a key to the success of Bryce’s Bakery in Elizabeth, owner Ben Pacillo says.

Queensland domestic violence services get $6m boost
&quot;Queensland determined to tackle scourge,&quot; Trad says.

Avvo Bares Fixed-Fee Legal Services
Like fixed-fee bar referral programs, Avvo Legal Services sounds like a winner for the right lawyers, that is.

Cock.li server seized again by German prosecutor, service moves to Iceland
(video link) The administrator of the cock.li e-mail hosting service told Ars on Friday that a second hard drive had been seized from his Bavarian ...

Producer Prices Decline More Than Expected, Services Disappoint; Oil Approaches $29
... did rise, but only 0.1 percent while the year-on-year rate is down 2 tenths in the month to only plus 0.3 percent. The ex-gas ex-food ex-services ...

Say goodbye to iTunes Radio — Apple's folding it into its $10 music streaming service
Apple's clearing the way for its new-ish Beats 1 radio station by making its older free streaming option, iTunes Radio, part of its $10 Apple ...

Anxious bride shares special moment with service dog
Service dog named Bella seen helping bride with pre-wedding jitters in viral photo

Netflix will soon block proxy access to service
The announcement comes just a week after Netflix went live in more than 130 countries, covering almost the entire globe except China.