3rd Party VPN client to site thru BM 3.6

We do not use VPN and have a BM 3.6 Server at our internet connection
point.  There is a vendor coming for a presentation that requires the
salesperson to establish a VPN to their server through our BM 3.6 server.
Their specs call for UDP traffic to pass over ports UDP:500, UDP:1000, and
protocol 50 & 51 (IPSEC).  I can set up the UDP packet exceptions but am
stymied by the Protocol 50 & 51 requirements.  Can this be done for them
with our current configuration?  If so, any pointers would be appreciated.

JohnW
0
jw

hi,

no, it can't be done. The NAT portion of the server (that actually belongs
to the netware code, not BM) is not "IPsec passthrough", so you can't
establish a VPN connection of that type through it.

--
Caterina Luppi
<jw@fbc.com> wrote in message
> We do not use VPN and have a BM 3.6 Server at our internet connection
> point.  There is a vendor coming for a presentation that requires the
> salesperson to establish a VPN to their server through our BM 3.6 server.
> Their specs call for UDP traffic to pass over ports UDP:500, UDP:1000, and
> protocol 50 & 51 (IPSEC).  I can set up the UDP packet exceptions but am
> stymied by the Protocol 50 & 51 requirements.  Can this be done for them
> with our current configuration?  If so, any pointers would be appreciated.
>
> JohnW

0
Caterina

3rd party VPN Client out thru BM 3.7 sp3
Hi all, I have the need to use a 3rd party VPN Client (Linksys - Cisco Easy Link Client) connecting to a Linksys - Cisco RV042 VPN Router at the remote site (out thru the BM 3.7 sp3 server). I can connect from these workstations using a browser but not with this Easy Link Client. I have droped the Filters( unloaded ipflt) etc... but to no avail. I looked on the Novell site for info and found TID10063599 No passthrough of VPN protocols 50 and 51 (IKE). Is this still true? and if so what can I do to get around this problem. Thank you in advance for any input. Doug Hi, Doug wro...

VPN thru BM 3.6 t oW2K VPN
--____NKHXHHECQEOVYUGORWTG____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Is it possible to create a VPN from a W2k-machine to a W2K-Server in the = Internet from a NAT-Network across Bordermanager ? Greetings Uwe --____NKHXHHECQEOVYUGORWTG____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____HOHDEQRUFCFDMNBJPEJB____" --____HOHDEQRUFCFDMNBJPEJB____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&qu...

BM VPN site - to
Hi, Can i use BM 3.7 or 3.8 to create a site-to-site VPN with a BM server on one site an a hardware VPN device (Cisco, Nortel) on the other site ? Or does site-to-site VPN always need to be 2 BM servers ? Regards, Jan Wiersma the Netherlands. Jan Wiersma wrote: > Hi, > > Can i use BM 3.7 or 3.8 to create a site-to-site VPN with a BM server on one site an a hardware VPN device (Cisco, Nortel) on the other site ? > Or does site-to-site VPN always need to be 2 BM servers ? 3.7 is BMgr only. 3.8 should work with any IPSEC VPN. -andy ...

Problems with latest VPN client (to site) on XP/SP1 and BM 3.6
VPN client won't make the connection to the BM server. Info: Client : Windows XP, SP 1 VPN client: 3.7.0, downloaded and installed a week or two ago. Server : SPACK 5.1.4 v4.0 Support Pack for NetWare 5.1 BM : BM36SP 3.6.1A BorderManager 3.6 Support Pack 1A BRDRMGR 3.5.0 Novell BorderManager 3.6.0 Connection: Cable modem Other: The workstation is a Panasonic Toughbook laptop and seems to require IPCONFIG /RELEASE, IPCONFIG /RENEW when we connect it to the cable modem. No router/hub at the remote location. After these, ...

Setting Up VPN Client-to-Site in BM 3.8sp2 on NSBS 6.0.5
I've been lurking the last few days trying to figure out how to set up VPN services for our BM3.8sp2/NW6.0.5 system to allow wireless users (within our building) to access our network directly. Right now, I have a Linksys WRV54G wireless VPN router sitting outside our firewall (BM server) which is also used to connect to our cable modem for regular internet access. My "public" IP network is 192.168.10.0 and our private network is 192.168.1.0 (NAT'ed by BM.) From what I've read, NIASCFG can't be used to setup the VPN services in BM3.8, and this matches my e...

VPN Client
I have a Border Manager 3.7 server with a Site to Site and Client to Site VPN enabled. The VPN client can access all information of the WAN except for the site that is accross the Site to Site VPN. The client to site is configured to encrypt this network. From the internal network the remote site accross the VPN site to site works fine. Any help would be appreciated Rob C Rob, This is really working as designed. If you want a vpn client to access the other site, you'll need to enable client-site on the other BM server. -- Lance Reynolds, CNE &l...

BM 3.6 + VPN Client 3.7 + NAT + private ipaddress
Hallo, i've a new vodaphone D2 PCMCIA Data Connect Card ( Germany ) to dial into Internet over VPN-Client to my BM server. It work, but i cannot ping hosts in my private network. Over the provider i became also private ipaddresses ( 10.x.x.x ), so this addresses could not route over the BM !!! Had anyone an idea, if it is possible to route private ip addresses in VPN-Client to private ip addresses to bm ? Or, is it possible to give the vpn-client a second ipaddress from my private network ? How is the way to configure my bm + vpn client to get it to work ??? Or is t...

Connect VPN client thru BM to another VPN
i, I have a problem connecting a client inside my network (10.x.x.x) using a CISCO VPN CLIENT. My firewall is a Bordermanager 3.6 SP2a server using NAT and I want to connect to other VPN server. How I have to configure the BM serfver to connect internal client to access others VPN server ????? Thanks in advance Jose hi Jose, let me understand. Are you trying to connect with a Cisco VPN client to a CIsco VPN server or to a BM VPN server? -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Cisco or any 3rd-party VPN client to BM38 VPN Server
In-house we use the Novell VPN client, but some vendor support wants to use the Cisco VPN client. Can it be made to authenticate to our BM3.8 VPN Server? Are any other clients tested compatible? I thought this new generation IKE VPN provided more interoperability. Thanks I believe it can be made to function, with a lot of effort. However, it is easier to just have both Novell and Cisco VPN client installed at the same time. If you want to use Cisco VPN client, realize that it will take a lot of work for purely political reasons, and you will have zero return on investment for...

BM 3.8 Client to Site VPN
During C2S VPN configuration I receive an "Unknown Error" setting "Address Pool" in the Default Service using iManager 2.0.2 from a Windows 2000 PC. For this reason I'm unable to configure my VPN Server : NW65 SP1 TCP : BM38 Companion CD Thanks in advance to anyone can help me Davide Davide Loi Microline Networks s.r.l. - Italy I assume you have tried this several times, rebooting the PC, etc? Have you tried from another PC? Is this the only place in the config (so far) that gives you an error? Craig Johnson Novell Support Conn...

Client to site 3rd party VPN m0n0wall
I'm trying to set up a site to site VPN with BM 3.8 and m0n0wall 1.11 in a star topology. The VPN comes up but no traffic is flowing from site to site. Any help will be apreciated. Josep Maria Macip In article <QooTd.3981$S76.1008@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Jm macip wrote: > I'm trying to set up a site to site VPN with BM 3.8 and m0n0wall 1.11 in a star topology. > The VPN comes up but no traffic is flowing from site to site. > You see a link in NRM under VPN monitoring on the 3.8 server? Do you see the proper policies when the link connects? (Basically...

BM 3.8 VPN Client to Site
--____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have issues with connecting to the VPN, if I use a NAT'd address. I = could successfully connect if I have a public IP. If some had a similar = problem and resolutions please let me know. Here is the IKE Log 12-02-2003 11:25:43 AM 00000000 80a44be1 12-02-2003 11:25:43 AM Start IKE-SA 008a7060 - Initiator,src=3D192.168.0.17= 1,dst=3D128.164.75.225,TotSA=3D1 12-02-2003 11:25:43 AM ***Send Main Mode message to 128.164.75.225 12-02-2003 11:25:4...

Client to site VPN BM 3.8
Hi, Im having a few problems using the client to site VPN (3.8) I amable to log into the VPN and get thru fine and Im then able to ping everyone on the private network, but im unable to browse the tree or log into NDS, any ideas? Im using win 2k on the client and the servers are running netware 6.5. Thanks for any help. Paul. slp ? paul.davis@saxbysdotcodotuk wrote: > Hi, > > Im having a few problems using the client to site VPN (3.8) I amable to log > into the VPN and get thru fine and Im then able to ping everyone on the > private network, but im u...

3rd party site to site vpn
Hi I hope this is the correct forum for this question. If not, please direct me to the right one. Am looking to install a vpn between two sites using a 3rd party vpn solution (Netscreen) with the following parameters. 1. Site A - NW 5.1 with latest patches, Site B - NW 4.2 sp9. We don't want to have to upgrade to 5.x unless it is absolutely required. 2. Site A - Ip Address 192.168.0.xxx, Site B - 192.168.1.xxx 3. Site A & B - NW client 4.8 WinNT 4.0 ip/ipx 4. Gateway on clients set to trusted side of VPN device 5. The connection at Site B is direct from the VPN de...

Web resources about - 3rd Party VPN client to site thru BM 3.6 - novell.bordermanager.vpn

MUD client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A MUD client is a computer application used to connect to a MUD , a type of multiplayer online game . Generally, a MUD client is a very basic ...

3Q Digital Offers Peek At 3Q Facebook Ad Performance By Its Largest Clients
With Facebook set to report its third-quarter earnings Wednesday , digital marketing agency 3Q Digital offered some insight on how the social ...

Gallop Labs hires former Facebook Client Partner as Director of Sales
Gallop Labs , a social marketing and analytics firm, announced that it has hired former Facebook Client Partner Andrew Peebles as the company’s ...

Sydney builder Bill Issa convicted of attacking clients who complained about his work
... to fix up rundown family homes and transform them into something flashy and new. "It will feel like a new home," he promised one client. "It ...

Client’s “Great Thanksgiving Listen” Campaign Featured on Google Homepage
We love when our clients are successful, and StoryCorps and their amazing Thanksgiving Listen campaign being featured on Google’s homepage certainly ...

Popular Instagram client removed from App Store for harvesting usernames, passwords
Apple today has pulled a popular Instagram client from the App Store after it was found to be harvesting usernames and passwords. First noticed ...

Are You There Biglaw? It’s Me, The Client: Why GCs Are Pulling Even More Business From Firms
Survey shows 40 percent of GCs are looking to pull business from firms in the coming year.

Agencies Should Follow Clients' Lead on Diversity
A few weeks ago, PepsiCo's Brad Jakeman called out advertising agencies for not evolving with the times. Most important, he criticized them for ...

Instagram client InstaAgent exposed as malware, pulled from App Store
A much-downloaded third-party Instagram client has just been pulled from the App Store after it was found to have behaved maliciously. The app ...

HP AMD-powered t730 is first thin client with native 4K offers Windows or Linux
Business workstations and thin clients are often boring affairs; however, they do not have to be. There is no reason why such a computer cannot ...