3rd party VPN Client out thru BM 3.7 sp3

Hi all,
I have the need to use a 3rd party VPN Client (Linksys - Cisco Easy Link
Client) connecting to a Linksys - Cisco RV042 VPN Router at the remote site
(out thru the BM 3.7 sp3 server). I can connect from these workstations
using a browser but not with this Easy Link Client. I have droped the
Filters( unloaded ipflt) etc... but to no avail. I looked on the Novell site
for info and found TID10063599 No passthrough of VPN protocols 50 and 51
(IKE). Is this still true? and if so what can I do to get around this
problem.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Doug
0
Doug

Doug wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have the need to use a 3rd party VPN Client (Linksys - Cisco Easy Link
> Client) connecting to a Linksys - Cisco RV042 VPN Router at the remote site
> (out thru the BM 3.7 sp3 server). I can connect from these workstations
> using a browser but not with this Easy Link Client. I have droped the
> Filters( unloaded ipflt) etc... but to no avail. I looked on the Novell site
> for info and found TID10063599 No passthrough of VPN protocols 50 and 51
> (IKE). Is this still true?

No. That TID is 5 years old.
However, you don't give us the most impoartant info: What Netware
version and SP?

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop

>>> Massimo Rosen<mrosenno@spamcfc-it.de> 8/9/2006 3:44:51 PM >>>
>Hi,
>
>Doug wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> I have the need to use a 3rd party VPN Client (Linksys - Cisco Easy Link
>> Client) connecting to a Linksys - Cisco RV042 VPN Router at the remote
>site
>> (out thru the BM 3.7 sp3 server). I can connect from these workstations
>> using a browser but not with this Easy Link Client. I have dropped the
>> Filters( unloaded ipflt) etc... but to no avail. I looked on the Novell
>site
>> for info and found TID10063599 No passthrough of VPN protocols 50 and 51
>> (IKE). Is this still true?
>
>No. That TID is 5 years old.
>However, you don't give us the most impoartant info: What Netware
>version and SP?
>
>CU,
>--
>Massimo Rosen
>Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
>No emails please!
>http://www.cfc-it.de
0
Doug

Doug wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Massimo and sorry for not including. It is NW 6 sp5
> with BM 3.7 sp3.

That should most certainly work forwarding IKE. So I can only assume
it's something else. Maybe that client uses GRE (although that's usually
MS VPN only)? *That* won't travel through any type of Netware or BM.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0
Massimo
8/9/2006 11:17:27 PM
I will be diconnecting the BM Server form the ISP Modem/Router (Netopia) and
inserting a workstation with the Linksys client on it after everone go's
home (1.5 hours). If it works that way then what should I check first? Any
Ideas.

>>> Massimo Rosen<mrosenno@spamcfc-it.de> 8/9/2006 4:17:27 PM >>>
>Hi,
>
>Doug wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the reply Massimo and sorry for not including. It is NW 6 sp5
>> with BM 3.7 sp3.
>
>That should most certainly work forwarding IKE. So I can only assume
>it's something else. Maybe that client uses GRE (although that's usually
>MS VPN only)? *That* won't travel through any type of Netware or BM.
>
>CU,
>--
>Massimo Rosen
>Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
>No emails please!
>http://www.cfc-it.de
0
Doug
8/9/2006 11:28:03 PM
Forgot to include that their are home workstations that are connecting using
the Linksys client to the remote site. No BM server at the remote site. I
have 5 static ip's and the one that is used for this VPN is not Nated.

>>> Massimo Rosen<mrosenno@spamcfc-it.de> 8/9/2006 4:17:27 PM >>>
>Hi,
>
>Doug wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the reply Massimo and sorry for not including. It is NW 6 sp5
>> with BM 3.7 sp3.
>
>That should most certainly work forwarding IKE. So I can only assume
>it's something else. Maybe that client uses GRE (although that's usually
>MS VPN only)? *That* won't travel through any type of Netware or BM.
>
>CU,
>--
>Massimo Rosen
>Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
>No emails please!
>http://www.cfc-it.de
0
Doug
8/9/2006 11:39:38 PM
Well it worked when I removed the BM Server from the equation and hooked up
a WS direct to the ISP Modem/Router. BM must be stopping something from
coming thru. Tried again with filters Off and still no go. Any suggestions?
Maybe some kind of routing issue? or maybe the TCP/IP Stack?   Doug

>>> Massimo Rosen<mrosenno@spamcfc-it.de> 8/9/2006 4:17:27 PM >>>
>Hi,
>
>Doug wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the reply Massimo and sorry for not including. It is NW 6 sp5
>> with BM 3.7 sp3.
>
>That should most certainly work forwarding IKE. So I can only assume
>it's something else. Maybe that client uses GRE (although that's usually
>MS VPN only)? *That* won't travel through any type of Netware or BM.
>
>CU,
>--
>Massimo Rosen
>Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
>No emails please!
>http://www.cfc-it.de
0
Doug

Doug wrote:

> Well it worked when I removed the BM Server from the equation and hooked up
> a WS direct to the ISP Modem/Router. BM must be stopping something from
> coming thru. Tried again with filters Off and still no go. Any suggestions?
> Maybe some kind of routing issue? or maybe the TCP/IP Stack?   Doug

I really doubt it's something inevitable within BM, but without knowing
the VPN software you use, it's also very hard to guess what's going on.
Maybe that VPN software generally doesn't work through NAT?

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0
Massimo

3rd Party VPN client to site thru BM 3.6
We do not use VPN and have a BM 3.6 Server at our internet connection point. There is a vendor coming for a presentation that requires the salesperson to establish a VPN to their server through our BM 3.6 server. Their specs call for UDP traffic to pass over ports UDP:500, UDP:1000, and protocol 50 & 51 (IPSEC). I can set up the UDP packet exceptions but am stymied by the Protocol 50 & 51 requirements. Can this be done for them with our current configuration? If so, any pointers would be appreciated. JohnW hi, no, it can't be done. The NAT portion of the se...

VPN client 3.7 used to connect on BM 3.8
Hi, I need to know if it is possible to have the VPN client 3.7.1 and be able to connect on BorderManager 3.8 and received a local IP address and DNS resolution. Setup is on Nw6.5 sp1b, BM 3.8 sp1, VPN client 3.7.1 Thxs... no, you need the BM3.8 client (and the BM3.8 server) for that. -- Caterina Luppi Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

BM 3.6 + VPN Client 3.7 + NAT + private ipaddress
Hallo, i've a new vodaphone D2 PCMCIA Data Connect Card ( Germany ) to dial into Internet over VPN-Client to my BM server. It work, but i cannot ping hosts in my private network. Over the provider i became also private ipaddresses ( 10.x.x.x ), so this addresses could not route over the BM !!! Had anyone an idea, if it is possible to route private ip addresses in VPN-Client to private ip addresses to bm ? Or, is it possible to give the vpn-client a second ipaddress from my private network ? How is the way to configure my bm + vpn client to get it to work ??? Or is t...

Connect VPN client thru BM to another VPN
i, I have a problem connecting a client inside my network (10.x.x.x) using a CISCO VPN CLIENT. My firewall is a Bordermanager 3.6 SP2a server using NAT and I want to connect to other VPN server. How I have to configure the BM serfver to connect internal client to access others VPN server ????? Thanks in advance Jose hi Jose, let me understand. Are you trying to connect with a Cisco VPN client to a CIsco VPN server or to a BM VPN server? -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

BM 3.7 VPN client
having issues on 1 XP pro computer - getting version mismatch error b/w application and vptunnel have tried - uninstalling and running vpnregclean.exe, reinstallaing vpn client 3.7.3 - about 6 times but the error still persists should i try a newer vpn client? company standardised on 3.7.3 we have this working properly for everyother vpn user except this one computer - was working ok initially then think user did something and the software stopped working - any other course of action - besides formatting C:? hehehe thanks Theo :) I assume it was this one you followed: http:/...

VPN Client BM 3.7
we have a curios situation, we have 3 VPN-Clients installed. The worked for a long time. But now we have only one use how can use the vpn. On the other logins two we have have a problem. On a (properly working) VPN-client: the Tree will go to green, then a policy error comes up, stop the VPN-client. I have test following: - reset the password of such a user - Check the roles for VPN-Client (one group) - remove and add the user to this vpn-client-group - add a second vpn-clinet-role only for this user (and put on the top of group-policy) - set the User admin-equ. not it do...

VPN thru BM 3.6 t oW2K VPN
--____NKHXHHECQEOVYUGORWTG____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Is it possible to create a VPN from a W2k-machine to a W2K-Server in the = Internet from a NAT-Network across Bordermanager ? Greetings Uwe --____NKHXHHECQEOVYUGORWTG____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____HOHDEQRUFCFDMNBJPEJB____" --____HOHDEQRUFCFDMNBJPEJB____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&qu...

Cisco or any 3rd-party VPN client to BM38 VPN Server
In-house we use the Novell VPN client, but some vendor support wants to use the Cisco VPN client. Can it be made to authenticate to our BM3.8 VPN Server? Are any other clients tested compatible? I thought this new generation IKE VPN provided more interoperability. Thanks I believe it can be made to function, with a lot of effort. However, it is easier to just have both Novell and Cisco VPN client installed at the same time. If you want to use Cisco VPN client, realize that it will take a lot of work for purely political reasons, and you will have zero return on investment for...

BM 3.8 sp3 client vpn
--____BAZQNVQFPRXDZZQQZJWK____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have users who want to able to surf the internet and be connected to our = VPN server at the same time. I remember in version 3.7, I would have the = option to choose which networks I wanted encrypted. In BM 3.8 I can't find = that option in iManager.=20 I know I must be encrypting all networks and I just can't turn this = feature off. Any help is always appreciated. --____BAZQNVQFPRXDZZQQZJWK____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="__...

iPAQ VPN client to BorderManager 3.7
Hi Does any one know if its possible to use an iPAQ (with a GPRS card) as a VPN client to BorderManger 3.7, if so how? Our laptops (with same GPRS card) work great with the Novell VPN client. Many Thanks Mark Evans hi Mark, there is no VPN client for it... -- Cat Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Is it possible to configure the PocketPc 2002 VPN on the iPAQ to work with Bordermanager 3.7. Thanks Mark Evans "CSL" <Cat@not-here.com> wrote in message news:3ECCA567.82098DF8@not-here.com... > hi Mark, > > the...

outbound vpn thru bm 3.7
greetings- are are running a fresh install of bordermanager 3.7, sp1. we are trying to establish an outbound VPN connection from one of our LAN clients to a VPN over the internet using windows built in VPN. we created the appropriate rules but are unable to connect. we get passed the login screen, to where it says 'verifying username and password' but no luck. dropping the filters doesnt help; so we are wondering if it is a NAT issue or some other setting in BM. if we sit on the public side of BM, we are able to connect. once we get on the privat side, nada. a...

Can I import VPN setting from BM 3.7 into BM 3.8
Hi all, we have a Netware 6.5 server with Bordermanager 3.7. (after migration from NW 5.1) This worked fine for a year, but now the server abends several times a day. Bordermanager is only used for Proxy and VPN. I want to replace the server with a new installed NW6.5 with BM 3.8. Can I quickly and easy import my current VPN settings from BM 3.7? Greetz, Erwin hi Erwin, You can't really "import" the VPN from a server to another one, unless you image it (but at the end you would have an identical server, i.e. 3.7). The safest way is to reconfigure the VPN in t...

Windows XP and Bordermanager 3.7 VPN client
Hi, Seems to be able to get things to work through my ISP at work (using Windows 98), however Windows XP has worked ONLY once so far. Get IP connection fine (infact can even telnet and ping internal servers), however Netware login never works and hangs up with a "No tree or server found" error. When connection is established it says its an IPX call, (IPX tunnel is on), altough I think it should be IP only, what the heck it connects, I can fix that later. However even with every IPX option turned on on all network interfaces, the IPX box is still grayed out in the...

3rd party VPN thru BM3.7 / NAT
I need to link a 3rd party (not BM)VPN master/public server thru a BM 3.7 / NAT server which routes to a 3rd pty VPN slave/private server. Currently, I have these servers talking thru a Cisco switches on either end and bypass the firewall internally. All works fine. Will NAT be able to translate VPN packets AND pass them thru the firewall <if I'm not using a BM VPN> ? Any other issues I can expect? Will I need to upgrade to 3.8? ? Hope that all make sense. Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Brian Renel You can connect a non-...

Web resources about - 3rd party VPN Client out thru BM 3.7 sp3 - novell.bordermanager.vpn

MUD client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A MUD client is a computer application used to connect to a MUD , a type of multiplayer online game . Generally, a MUD client is a very basic ...

3Q Digital Offers Peek At 3Q Facebook Ad Performance By Its Largest Clients
With Facebook set to report its third-quarter earnings Wednesday , digital marketing agency 3Q Digital offered some insight on how the social ...

Gallop Labs hires former Facebook Client Partner as Director of Sales
Gallop Labs , a social marketing and analytics firm, announced that it has hired former Facebook Client Partner Andrew Peebles as the company’s ...

Sydney builder Bill Issa convicted of attacking clients who complained about his work
... to fix up rundown family homes and transform them into something flashy and new. "It will feel like a new home," he promised one client. "It ...

Client’s “Great Thanksgiving Listen” Campaign Featured on Google Homepage
We love when our clients are successful, and StoryCorps and their amazing Thanksgiving Listen campaign being featured on Google’s homepage certainly ...

Popular Instagram client removed from App Store for harvesting usernames, passwords
Apple today has pulled a popular Instagram client from the App Store after it was found to be harvesting usernames and passwords. First noticed ...

Are You There Biglaw? It’s Me, The Client: Why GCs Are Pulling Even More Business From Firms
Survey shows 40 percent of GCs are looking to pull business from firms in the coming year.

Agencies Should Follow Clients' Lead on Diversity
A few weeks ago, PepsiCo's Brad Jakeman called out advertising agencies for not evolving with the times. Most important, he criticized them for ...

Instagram client InstaAgent exposed as malware, pulled from App Store
A much-downloaded third-party Instagram client has just been pulled from the App Store after it was found to have behaved maliciously. The app ...

Apple pulls popular Instagram client 'InstaAgent' from iOS App Store after malware discovery
A popular Instagram profile analyzer was on Tuesday pulled from the iOS App Store after being outed as malware by a German developer who found ...