Use FTP proxy without caching

Hi!

Can I use ftp proxy without caching any files? I should use
authentication, but I have problems with cached files.
I set the max ftp cache file size to 1MB but it caches the bigger files.
I set the non caheable url patter for an address, but it caches.
How can I stop ftp cache, but use authenticate?

0
niko
9/1/2004 11:54:23 AM
novell.bordermanager.proxies 3217 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do you have read-ahead enabled?   There has been a bug in the past that
caused proxy to cache all data, but that was (I thought) only with HTTP
Proxy.

I am not sure if there is a way to have ftp proxy not cache any data.
Perhaps you want to simply allow outbound FTP with a filter exception?

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig
9/2/2004 5:41:36 AM
> Perhaps you want to simply allow outbound FTP with a filter exception?
No, I should keep logs and I should authenticate.

Why keep FTP cache bigger files than I set (in nwadmin/Maximum Cached
File size ) ?
Why keep the wrong file in cache after hours if I set the revalidation
time to 1 hour and the file sizes do no match?
Why keep files from a server that I set to non-cacheable?

0
niko
9/2/2004 6:39:59 AM
The caching settings apply to http proxy, not ftp proxy, as far as I
can tell.