HTTP Proxy acting like transparent proxy

Our school district does not use transparent proxy, however, I've just
noticed that students can remove the proxy settings from IE and still get
out through BorderManager.  We are using BorderManager 3.7 and I checked to
verify that transparent proxy is not enabled.

Eric Bowser
Upper Valley Joint Vocational School

0
Novell
10/4/2004 2:33:03 PM
novell.bordermanager.proxies 3217 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hi Eric,

it's not acting as transparent proxy - it's simply routing the traffic
through NAT and your users are browsing without any proxy or control.
To prevent this, you should implement packet filters in the BM server.

--
Caterina
Caterina

HTTP Proxy and Transparent Proxy
Dears: I have BM 3.7 and NW 6.0, i wanna a use, HTTP Proxy and Transparent Proxy together in the same machine, but use diferent IP Addresses in the same Private NIC, for the services, for example HTTP Proxy : 192.168.0.10:8080 ... for some users THTTP : 192.168.0.20:80 ... for other different users any idea ?, I look in the manual, but i did not found nothing.... Thanks in advance, Jose from Chile this cannot be done. The transparent proxy will affect all users. -- Cat NSC Volunteer Sysop ...

Proxy to proxy
Hi. We use BM 3.8 as a proxy server and the main task is to restrict which url's the users can use. In the network there is another proxy server with internet access. Is it possible to setup BM to use another proxy server to connect to internet? And if yes, how ? Magne Absolutely. Search under "Cache Hierarchy Client". Basically....enable the client on the BM box, add you upstream proxy (Neighbor Hostname) add the correct port for the type of upstream proxy, add the type of proxy, usually you can just leave the priority at "1". looks like this...

to proxy or not to proxy that is the ?
ok, i had jconect on NT and my AIX Sybase database on an RS/6000, so i used the proxy...fine. i have installed jconnect on the rs/6000, installed netscape fasttrack and i STILL have to use the proxy to avoid those -1 erro messages. does this mean that jConect always has to use that proxy no matter where anything lives? i am confused.... please enlighten me This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------6A7C6750A66874EBD6E2677A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If you remove the "proxy" connection property fro...

to Proxy or not to Proxy ?
Hi all, Could I ask for some opinions regarding using a proxy ? Here in the UK, I use Freeserve as my dial-up ISP. There is a web-cache proxy available for use if required, tho' IE6 works fine with or without (a small increase in page loads occurs if I use the proxy). The problem is, that if I use the proxy, then my Outpost Firewall logs only register connections to it, so I suffer from a serious lack of information about where my browser connections are going and what I could block (like adclick connections etc). I'm really not sure about the merits of with/without the pr...

proxy to proxy
We will connect with our Bordermanager to an other proxy. but there is a syntax-problem our BM-Proxy will build the connection with(Trace) ....cyberbanking.bankkoop.ch:443/ HTTP/1.0..... but there should not be / according to RFC there is no "/" Slash allowed. Beat Brunner <<...cyberbanking.bankkoop.ch:443/ HTTP/1.0..... that has been fixed in the latest patches Gonzalo > <<...cyberbanking.bankkoop.ch:443/ HTTP/1.0..... > > that has been fixed in the latest patches > > Gonzalo > what do you meen with lastes patches ...

FTP proxy & Transparent Proxy setup
--____VXWHOENWUJCUWAOOUIOM____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have done a fresh install of BorderManager 3.7 SP1 on a server and I am = trying to get the proxies working. I currently have the packet forwarding = filters turned off and everyone can HTTP, FTP and Telnet to their heart's = content. When I turn on the filters, I believe that the proxies are = suppose to take this traffic and work with it. But it doesn't,=20 Can anyone help me out here? --____VXWHOENWUJCUWAOOUIOM____ Content-Type: multipart/rel...

How configur Squid Transparent Proxy like Bordermanager
I need help in configure Squid with my sles 10sp1. I want to configure as a transparent proxy without any bridging similar to Bordermanager. I have try yast and webmin but I need direction. Thanks. Sang, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all the other self support options and support programs availabl...

transparent proxy times out; manual proxy gives 403
Hello all, I'm on BM39SP1, NW65SP7 although the problem started much earlier ... <g>. I *think* it began with 3.9 upgrade, but it is just inconvenient, not a disaster, so I put off doing anything about it and kept on doing that until now! Some time ago, we switched over to Moz FF browser and transparent proxy. In doing so, some stations wound up with IE still set up for manual proxy. What happens is that if one then tries to use IE, it returns 403 forbidden on all pages, including those on the LAN. The second issue is that even when authenticated and running CLN...

BM proxy via other proxy
Hi. How can BM 3.8 connect to another proxy server (non BM) to get access to internet? Magne Magne, you've to configure a proxhy hierarchy. this is done in NWadmn32, Bm setup, HTTP proxy, details, cache hierarchy client. You've to configure a PArent proxy (this would be the proxy that your BM has to access to get to the internet). If you don't have access to the Internet AT ALL, unless you go through this upstream proxy, you should configure a CERN parent. -- Caterina Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Proxy preferences (authenticated proxy)
Hi all, I'm using xulrunner 1.9.0.19 and trying to get web access via a proxy working. So far I have added this the preferences: pref('network.proxy.type', 1); pref('network.proxy.http', '192.168.13.254'); pref('network.proxy.http_port', 3128); and that works, but still prompts me for the proxy username/password. Is there some way I add the username/password to the preferences? Some applications allow a proxy to be specified as: http://username:password@192.168.13.253:3128/ Any plans to add something like this to xulrunne...

Lockpref & network.proxy.http and network.proxy.http_port
I have two systems that I have tested lockpref for network.proxy.http and network.proxy.http_port. Both are running Firefox 1.0.5.4. I am using the same mozilla.txt on both systems. I used the same encoder to convert to a ..cfg file. The boxes are Mac OS X and Windows XP. The Mac OS box works perfectly fine. The Windows XP box however, will not start correctly when lockPref for network.proxy.http and network.proxy.http_port are in the mozilla.txt file (I get some error like: "Could not read configuration file"). Any body have any luck with this? Below is my mozilla.txt ...

Proxy
--____JKLSGNJWRNBUMXCVJFMC____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Can one see which proxy user has sent/read message/s? Mike. --____JKLSGNJWRNBUMXCVJFMC____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____HERLXXSSHDSASFILEGVA____" --____HERLXXSSHDSASFILEGVA____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1"= > <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.0...

Spambo Proxy and AV Proxy
How will the two of these react together. eg Spambo and Nav as an example?? Thanks Chris ...

Mail Proxy or Generic Proxy
Hi, i will allow e-mail thru bm but what is the best way to do. Enable mailproxy on bm or create generic proxy? i know the proxy.cfg with the line: AllowGTCPProxyToUsePort25=1 and the other options from craig site. king regards thomas kreis Thomas, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check al...

Web resources about - HTTP Proxy acting like transparent proxy - novell.bordermanager.proxies

The Transparent Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Transparent Society (1998) is a non-fiction book by the science-fiction author David Brin in which he forecasts social transparency and some ...

Should EU Governments Be More Transparent, Flexible When Requesting Facebook User Data?
Facebook received about 8,500 requests for user data from governments of countries in the European Union during the first six months of 2013, ...

Transparent (@transparent_tv) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Transparent @ transparent_tv ...

CutOut Studio - Background Eraser, Cut Out Photo : Chop photo and Erase the background to be transparent ...
Get CutOut Studio - Background Eraser, Cut Out Photo : Chop photo and Erase the background to be transparent on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Transparent chemistry glass tubes filled with substances - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Several chemistry tubes made from transparent glass filled either with water or blue and red substances. Some of the recipients have white gradations ...

[Tutorial][Linux] Transparent gnome-terminal HOW TO ( Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, GNOME ) - YouTube ...
After watching this video you will be able to do: - Changing font color, background color - Image as background - Transparent background I dont ...

Jaguar Land Rover reveals transparent pillars
... new technology that will endow motorists with an uninterrupted 360-degree view of their surroundings from the driver's seat. The Transparent ...

Expect a budget full of transparent fudging - Business Spectator
There is just as much massaging of the numbers in Joe Hockey’s recent comments as in any of the budgets that Labor claimed were a 'pathway to ...

Transparent's warmth and intelligence infuses its comedy
x TRANSPARENT **** www.stan.com.au Stan, one of a bevy of new streaming services, launched a month ago with a couple of fabulous pieces of ...

Transparent house - Real Estate - Property and Real Estate - - Perth Now
IT&#8217;s not the type of house where you can do a quick nude rush from the bedroom to the bathroom, in fact it&#8217;s not the kind of house ...