GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess Proxy through BorderManager

We've just installed the WebAccess for GroupWise 6.5 and have it
working
nicely inside our network. The next step is to open a hole in our
firewall
(BorderManager) to let users outside have the same access. What ports
and
generic proxy's should I use to allow this to work?

0
ajensen
12/4/2003 9:41:50 PM
novell.bordermanager.proxies 3217 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In article <ySNzb.1755$gd.1357@prv-forum3.provo.novell.com>,  wrote:
> We've just installed the WebAccess for GroupWise 6.5 and have it
working
> nicely inside our network. The next step is to open a hole in our
firewall
> (BorderManager) to let users outside have the same access. What
ports and
> generic proxy's should I use to allow this to work?

Webaccess should only need port 80, unless you have changed the
webaccess
config to use SSL, in which case you need 443 as well.

Use Accelerator (reverse proxy) for port 80.  For SSL, you can use a
generic
TCP proxy or a second reverse HTTP accelerator.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig

GroupWise 6.5 POA as Internet Proxy (no, not _via_ a proxy, but *as* a proxy)
I have a client who wants to make four GroupWise POAs accessible to remote Internet users via one public IP address through their BorderManager server. We have come across several posts claiming that GroupWise 6.5 has a *new* feature that allows the POA to *act as a proxy* for other POAs - this means we could open *one* port on the firewall that every outside GroupWise client could connect to. This port would be redirected to *one* (special purpose?) POA that would then act *as* another Proxy and forward requests on the clients behalf to the destination POA. I understand the tradi...

Netware 6.5.8 EIP Proxy Abend, Bordermanager
A newly built server keeps abending each day. Netware 5.6.8 DS 8.8 SP2 BM 3.9.2 Here is a copy of the Abend Abend 3 on P00: Server-5.70.08: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0008 DS = 0010 ES = 0010 FS = 0023 GS = 0023 SS = 0010 EAX = 9FF97393 EBX = 00000000 ECX = 0287D045 EDX = 04CC7004 ESI = 9413B000 EDI = A071AD4E EBP = 03000A00 ESP = 9989F980 EIP = 9D4175CE FLAGS = 00010096 9D4175CE F3A4 REP MOVSB EIP in PROXY.NLM at code start +000CC5CEh Access Location: 0x9413B000 The violation occurred while processing the followi...

GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess and GroupWise 5.5
Greetings, We are in the middle of upgrading our GroupWise from 5.5 to 6.5.1. The old version of the Webaccess will not access 6.5 databases so we have two versions on Webaccess installed on two different servers (one is a 4.11 and the new one is 5.1). 1. Is it possible to make the new version of Webaccess work with the 5.5 databases? I know it looks like you should be able to do this but has anyone actually done it? 2. Also could you run the Webaccess twice on the same server, one to access the 6.5 POAs and one for 5.5, if you use a different port? 3. If this will w...

Webaccess 6.5.6 Proxy Access
Some of my users are reporting they can not use Webaccess to grant proxy access to other employees; but they can by using the GW client. There are, however, several of us here who can do it just fine using Webaccess. I'm having a hard time narrowing down a cause. The users experiencing this problem can get so far as choosing someone to grant proxy access, and they can check the check boxes for read or write access; but attempting to save the changes within Webaccess results in the error: Unable to process request. Please contact you system administrator. I seems to f...

Groupwise webaccess (6.5) and Groupwise 5.5.4
Dear All, We still using GW 5.5.4 and hoping to upgrade to GW 6.5 early next year. One of the first things we have been asked to do (by the MAnagers) is to get Webaccess working. Will 6.5 Webaccess work with the GW 5.5.4 MTA/POA's - i.e Can we get away with installing Webaccess first and then migrating the MTA/POAs ? Will there be a client functionality difference between 5.5. webaccess and 6.5. I know there was no proxy in 5.5 ?? Many Thanks for any help. Varuni CNE6 varuniw@hotmail.com wrote: > Will 6.5 Webaccess work with the GW 5.5.4 MTA/POA's - i....

Groupwise 5.5.6.1 and Proxied Calender
The situation is that we are using a user account for email and we have many users proxied to the email account. One user was setting up all the calender events and 2 other users cannot see any of the events. I can see all the events on my proxy to the email. Is there some setting where they have to show all the users the calender? Or is this something in the proxy rights? They have all rights except Modify options/rules/folders. "Phil Halbasch" <abc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<CIRub.5319$I04.4771@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>... > T...

sccimg.nlm Abends with Groupwise webaccess 6.5.5 and 6.5.6 field release A
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040003000909050006000107 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Im experience some problems with Groupwise webaccess 6.5 SP5 & 6.5 SP6 Field test A. Sometimes de server abends on nlm sccimg.nlm (see abend.log). The server is a DL380G3 with hp agents and latest bios. Netware 6.0 SP5, eDirectory 8.7.3.3, apache webserver and tomcat 3.3. Does someone know how to resolve this problem? I think the nlm works better on netware 6.5. But Tomcat 4 and Groupwise...

Groupwise 6.5 Webaccess on Netware 6.5
I'm trying to get the Groupwise 6.5 Webaccess to install correctly on Netware 6.5. Can't seem to find any documentation about which Apache folder I should point this install to. On my NW 6.5 server I show Apache 2 folder and it has no NWDOCS subdirectory and I show another that looks like an Apache folder that is called sys:\Adminsrv that has the NWDOCS below it. Also can't seem to figure out if my Tomcat server is installed or not. There is no tomcat33 or tomcat module loaded that I can tell , do I need to install the Netscape Enterprise Server to get To...

Webaccess 6.5 with GroupWise 5.5?
Is it possible to install Webaccess 6.5 but still use GroupWise 5.5 PO/MTA ? Thank you. Supposedly it is possible. Why would you want to? Feel free to email me anytime, Chris ...

BorderManager Mail proxy & GroupWise
I have NSBS 6.5 installed on a server with BorderManager 3.8 [with mail proxy configured] and Groupwise 6.5 configured. Everything looks alrite but I cant receive mails while I could send. I recall I had an experience where Bordermanager and DNS/DHCP was running on the same server, the DNS proxy of BM was configured and that troubled the DNS server greatly, i eventually got a solution from the forum that I dont need DNS proxy if BM and DNS are on the same server. Now, with this problem with the mail server, am i supposed to have mail proxy and mail system on the same server? Wha...

2.6 BorderManager proxy plug-in
I am trying to administer Novell BorderManager 3.9 using the iManager 2.6 plug-in. I receive the same error in the logs on two different platforms: iManager 2.6 Mobile (on Windows 2000 workstation) 07/03/07 [16:33:12.544] GadgetManager......2816 No Resource File Map found for StylesheetSet: com.novell.emframe.fw.MTaskWrapper 07/03/07 [16:33:12.560] GadgetManager......1025 getWriter() has already been called for this response 07/03/07 [16:33:12.560] AuthenticatorServl..279 getWriter() has already been called for this response iManager 2.6 on NetWare 6.5 SP6 07/03/07 [16:41:23...

to Proxy or not to Proxy ?
Hi all, Could I ask for some opinions regarding using a proxy ? Here in the UK, I use Freeserve as my dial-up ISP. There is a web-cache proxy available for use if required, tho' IE6 works fine with or without (a small increase in page loads occurs if I use the proxy). The problem is, that if I use the proxy, then my Outpost Firewall logs only register connections to it, so I suffer from a serious lack of information about where my browser connections are going and what I could block (like adclick connections etc). I'm really not sure about the merits of with/without the pr...

GroupWise 6.5 Proxy Help
I have a group called -Lexington Secretaries with the nickname appmaker. In the group there are 3 users. On each client in the company I added the name appmaker under security/proxy access and gave appmaker read/write for appointments. This should allow anyone in the group -Lexington Secretaries able to proxy to a users calendar and put in an appointment. For example, if I call in sick someone from the group could edit my calendar and say i am out sick. This used to work on GroupWise 6.0 and since we upgraded all our servers to 6.5 it seems to have stopped working. Will this...

Web resources about - GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess Proxy through BorderManager - novell.bordermanager.proxies

NetIQ eDirectory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations ...

Novell - Blackboard
Novell helped invent the corporate network in the early 1980s and continues to drive technology for business today. Network software began with ...

Information
The site is using a web proxy cache , such as Novell BorderManager FastCache , Apache Traffic Server or a server running the open source Squid ...

Novell BorderManager 3.9
Novell BorderManager offers robust Internet access controls, content filtering capabilities, secure VPN services and firewall services supported ...

Patch Finder
... of your choice. Standard Select Select a Product Access Governance Access Manager Account Management (NAM) Apache AppArmor Audit BorderManager ...

Press Releases - SuperLumin
June 11, 2013 SuperLumin Event Proxy Provides 5,000 Attendees with High-Speed Web Browsing Experience at Adobe MAX Conference May 7, 2013 ...

Support - SUSE
SUSE's world class support organization offers customers the best support experience in the industry.

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is an American multinational software and services company headquartered in Provo, Utah . It has been instrumental ...

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is a software and services company. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Attachmate Group . It specializes in ...

IPX/SPX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IPX and SPX are derived from Xerox Network Systems ' IDP and SPP protocols, respectively. IPX is a network layer protocol (layer 3 of the OSI ...