FTP proxy & Transparent Proxy setup

--____VXWHOENWUJCUWAOOUIOM____

I have done a fresh install of BorderManager 3.7 SP1 on a server and I
am =
trying to get the proxies working. I currently have the packet
forwarding =
filters turned off and everyone can HTTP, FTP and Telnet to their
heart's =
content. When I turn on the filters, I believe that the proxies are =
suppose to take this traffic and work with it. But it doesn't,=20

Can anyone help me out here?

--____VXWHOENWUJCUWAOOUIOM____

--____HXGLMLIMQQYZVNHOUMGC____

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html;
charset=3Diso-8859-1"=

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I have done a fresh install of BorderManager 3.7
SP1 =
on a=20
server and I am trying to get the proxies working. I currently have
the =
packet=20
forwarding filters turned off and everyone can HTTP, FTP and Telnet to
=
their=20
heart's content. When I turn on the filters, I believe that the
proxies =
are=20
suppose to take this traffic and work with it. But it doesn't,
</FONT></DIV=

<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Can anyone help me out here?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--____HXGLMLIMQQYZVNHOUMGC____--

--____VXWHOENWUJCUWAOOUIOM____--

0
Delon
6/5/2003 4:31:48 PM
novell.bordermanager.proxies 3217 articles. 0 followers. Follow

HI Delon,

> I have done a fresh install of BorderManager 3.7 SP1 on a server and
> am trying to get the proxies working. I currently have the packet
> forwarding filters turned off and everyone can HTTP, FTP and Telnet
> their heart's content. When I turn on the filters, I believe that
the
> proxies are suppose to take this traffic and work with it. But it
> doesn't,

this is not correct. Switching off the filters doesn't automatically
"activate" the proxies.
The users will have to configure their browsers to use the HTTP and
FTP
proxy (the telnet proxy is transparent).
The filters are an "incentive" for the users to do that, because if
the
filters are enabled, the users MUST use the proxies to browse.
--
Cat

CSL
6/10/2003 12:08:09 PM
--____HXZEBSTUQFGPPAFMRICZ____

Hi, Cat...

Good to "talk" to you again...

I'm still having a lot of trouble with all the BM 3.7 proxies.=20

I want to log my users HTTP, FTP, Real Player and Telnet activities,
so I =
want those proxies working. I also do not want my users from having to
=
change the settings of their web browser so I was thinking that I need
the =
transparent proxies.

Question: If I want to log my users activities and save them from =
modifying their browser, I would need both the HTTP proxy and the =
transparent HTTP proxy, right?

I was understanding things as: If you:
1. Have the filter exception for the proxy in place
2. Turn on that proxy=20
3. Enable the packet forwarding filters
4. Have the Transparent proxy monitor the right port
5. Have the Public and private IP addresses clearly defined
then the proxy should be able to  pick up the right traffic and do
what it =
needs to do.

Am I understanding this correctly or am I really off base.

I have gone though Craig's book and entered the "Filter Exception for
=
BorderManager 3.7 Proxy" for each of the protocols I want, but when I
turn =
on the filters and load the proxies, I get no luck.

Can you help me out?

Thanks.

>>> CSL<Cat@not-here.com> 6/10/2003 7:08:09 AM >>>

HI Delon,

--____CEAKWBHJUONHIQDUEAPY____

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html;
charset=3Diso-8859-1"=

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>Hi, Cat...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Good to "talk" to you again...</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm still having a lot of trouble with all the BM 3.7 proxies.
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I want to log my users HTTP, FTP, Real Player and Telnet
activities, =
so I=20
want those proxies working. I also do not want my users from having to
=
change=20
the settings of their web browser so I was thinking that I need the =
transparent=20
proxies.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Question: If I want to log my users activities and save them from
=
modifying=20
their browser, I would need both the HTTP proxy and the transparent
HTTP =
proxy,=20
right?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I was understanding things as: If you:</DIV>
<DIV>1.&nbsp;Have the filter exception for the proxy in place</DIV>
<DIV>2.&nbsp;Turn on that proxy </DIV>
<DIV>3.&nbsp;Enable the packet forwarding filters</DIV>
<DIV>4. Have the Transparent proxy monitor the right port</DIV>
<DIV>5. Have the Public and private IP addresses clearly defined</DIV>

<DIV>then the proxy should be able to&nbsp; pick up the right traffic
and =
do=20
what it needs to do.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Am I understanding this correctly or am I really off base.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have gone though Craig's book and entered the "Filter Exception
=
for=20
BorderManager 3.7 Proxy" for each of the protocols I want, but when I
turn =
on=20
the filters and load the proxies, I get no luck.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Can you help me out?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks.</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; CSL&lt;Cat@not-here.com&gt; 6/10/2003
7:08:09 =
AM=20
&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR><BR><BR>HI Delon,<BR><BR>&gt; I have done a fresh
install =
of=20
BorderManager 3.7 SP1 on a server and I<BR>&gt; am trying to get the =

proxies=20
working. I currently have the packet<BR>&gt; forwarding filters turned
off =
and=20
everyone can HTTP, FTP and Telnet to<BR>&gt; their heart's content.
When I =
turn=20
on the filters, I believe that the<BR>&gt; proxies are suppose to take
=
this=20
traffic and work with it. But it<BR>&gt; doesn't,<BR><BR>this is not =

correct.=20
Switching off the filters doesn't automatically<BR>"activate" the=20
proxies.<BR>The users will have to configure their browsers to use the
=
HTTP and=20
FTP<BR>proxy (the telnet proxy is transparent).<BR>The filters are
an=20
"incentive" for the users to do that, because if the<BR>filters are =
enabled, the=20
users MUST use the proxies to browse.<BR>--<BR>Cat<BR>Novell Support =

Connection=20
Volunteer Sysop<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--____CEAKWBHJUONHIQDUEAPY____--

--____HXZEBSTUQFGPPAFMRICZ____--

0
Delon

Web resources about - FTP proxy & Transparent Proxy setup - novell.bordermanager.proxies

The Transparent Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Transparent Society (1998) is a non-fiction book by the science-fiction author David Brin in which he forecasts social transparency and some ...

Should EU Governments Be More Transparent, Flexible When Requesting Facebook User Data?
Facebook received about 8,500 requests for user data from governments of countries in the European Union during the first six months of 2013, ...

Transparent (@transparent_tv) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Transparent @ transparent_tv ...

CutOut Studio - Background Eraser, Cut Out Photo : Chop photo and Erase the background to be transparent ...
Get CutOut Studio - Background Eraser, Cut Out Photo : Chop photo and Erase the background to be transparent on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Transparent chemistry glass tubes filled with substances - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Several chemistry tubes made from transparent glass filled either with water or blue and red substances. Some of the recipients have white gradations ...

[Tutorial][Linux] Transparent gnome-terminal HOW TO ( Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mint, GNOME ) - YouTube ...
After watching this video you will be able to do: - Changing font color, background color - Image as background - Transparent background I dont ...

Jaguar Land Rover reveals transparent pillars
... new technology that will endow motorists with an uninterrupted 360-degree view of their surroundings from the driver's seat. The Transparent ...

Expect a budget full of transparent fudging - Business Spectator
There is just as much massaging of the numbers in Joe Hockey’s recent comments as in any of the budgets that Labor claimed were a 'pathway to ...

Transparent's warmth and intelligence infuses its comedy
x TRANSPARENT **** www.stan.com.au Stan, one of a bevy of new streaming services, launched a month ago with a couple of fabulous pieces of ...

Transparent house - Real Estate - Property and Real Estate - - Perth Now
IT&#8217;s not the type of house where you can do a quick nude rush from the bedroom to the bathroom, in fact it&#8217;s not the kind of house ...