Bordermanager FTP Proxy and Users with @ in Name

Hi,

We are using the BM 3.91 FTP proxy which of course uses the FTP proxy
user@host (if @ is set as the separator which we set ours to) when using
FTP client software.

We've just had a company give us a piece of software that requires FTP
access but uses @ symbol in the username of user that accesses the FTP
site.  I'd rather not change from using @ as the separator - lots of FTP
software plays nicely with this and I don't want to give direct access
as we operate a DMZ that limits traffic between internal and external
hosts except via the proxy (which acts as an endpoint in both
directions).

I guess the question is: Is there any way to escape the @ symbol in the
username with bordermanager? e.g.

Userpart1/@Userpart2@hostname
so that BM ignores the initial @ symbol?

Martyn Smith
IT Network Coordinator
The College of West Anglia

msmith
4/8/2009 7:06:02 PM
novell.bordermanager.proxies 3217 articles. 0 followers. Follow

msmith,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
4/14/2009 8:12:18 PM
msmith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using the BM 3.91 FTP proxy which of course uses the FTP proxy
> user@host (if @ is set as the separator which we set ours to) when using
> FTP client software.
>
> We've just had a company give us a piece of software that requires FTP
> access but uses @ symbol in the username of user that accesses the FTP
> site.  I'd rather not change from using @ as the separator - lots of FTP
> software plays nicely with this and I don't want to give direct access
> as we operate a DMZ that limits traffic between internal and external
> hosts except via the proxy (which acts as an endpoint in both
> directions).
>
> I guess the question is: Is there any way to escape the @ symbol in the
> username with bordermanager? e.g.
>
> Userpart1/@Userpart2@hostname
> so that BM ignores the initial @ symbol?
>
> Thanks

no, there is no way. You'll have to change the bm ftp separator.
0
Mysterious

proxy to proxy
We will connect with our Bordermanager to an other proxy. but there is a syntax-problem our BM-Proxy will build the connection with(Trace) ....cyberbanking.bankkoop.ch:443/ HTTP/1.0..... but there should not be / according to RFC there is no "/" Slash allowed. Beat Brunner <<...cyberbanking.bankkoop.ch:443/ HTTP/1.0..... that has been fixed in the latest patches Gonzalo > <<...cyberbanking.bankkoop.ch:443/ HTTP/1.0..... > > that has been fixed in the latest patches > > Gonzalo > what do you meen with lastes patches ...

to proxy or not to proxy that is the ?
ok, i had jconect on NT and my AIX Sybase database on an RS/6000, so i used the proxy...fine. i have installed jconnect on the rs/6000, installed netscape fasttrack and i STILL have to use the proxy to avoid those -1 erro messages. does this mean that jConect always has to use that proxy no matter where anything lives? i am confused.... please enlighten me This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------6A7C6750A66874EBD6E2677A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit If you remove the "proxy" connection property fro...

Proxy to proxy
Hi. We use BM 3.8 as a proxy server and the main task is to restrict which url's the users can use. In the network there is another proxy server with internet access. Is it possible to setup BM to use another proxy server to connect to internet? And if yes, how ? Magne Absolutely. Search under "Cache Hierarchy Client". Basically....enable the client on the BM box, add you upstream proxy (Neighbor Hostname) add the correct port for the type of upstream proxy, add the type of proxy, usually you can just leave the priority at "1". looks like this...

to Proxy or not to Proxy ?
Hi all, Could I ask for some opinions regarding using a proxy ? Here in the UK, I use Freeserve as my dial-up ISP. There is a web-cache proxy available for use if required, tho' IE6 works fine with or without (a small increase in page loads occurs if I use the proxy). The problem is, that if I use the proxy, then my Outpost Firewall logs only register connections to it, so I suffer from a serious lack of information about where my browser connections are going and what I could block (like adclick connections etc). I'm really not sure about the merits of with/without the pr...

proxy, port, proxy user's name & password
OpenSUSE 10.3 is just working fine on my home computer. I tried to install from base cd opensuse-10.3-GM-i386.iso on my office computer terminal which connects to internet via proxy and port, and I am in doubt about one entry. In yast--->Network Services--->Proxy--->Enable Proxy I was asked to provide Proxy User's Name & Password. My dilemma is that my Machine log-in id/password is different to Mail Access ID/Password. Which set shall I enter? Thank yoy. P.Rudra. -- prudra ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ...

Proxy
--____JKLSGNJWRNBUMXCVJFMC____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Can one see which proxy user has sent/read message/s? Mike. --____JKLSGNJWRNBUMXCVJFMC____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____HERLXXSSHDSASFILEGVA____" --____HERLXXSSHDSASFILEGVA____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1"= > <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.0...

Multi-User Calendar & Proxy List (adding proxy users)
In GroupWise 6.5 when adding users/calendars (that are not currently in the Proxy list) to a multi-user calendar, the item would automatically be added to the Online/Proxy menu for quick access. In GroupWise 7, it does not add them to the Online/Proxy list when they are added, you still need to add them manually. Just wondering if this is working as desired in this version, or if it's a defect. Thanks ...

Proxied user cannot change proxy rights
Hi all, I have an issue where proxied users cannot change proxy rights, or add/remove proxy users even if they have been given proxy rights to modify options/rules/folders. Per TID 10085054 this capability was just added in GW6. We're on 6.0.4, so I'm a little confused why this isn't working. Logging into the mailbox as the actual user allows normal add/remove/modification proxy capabilites. Thanks. Len Bonk Network Analyst Community Unit School District 200 Lbonk, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. Th...

BorderManager Proxy Issue
If when using BorderManager 3.5 on NetWare 5.0 (fully patched) I place a proxy exception for a particular URL at both the server end and the client end, the Web Site does not function properly. By that I mean that the Web Site initially loads, a user enters the correct username/password and clicks login and the Web Site reloads the login page. If I place the exception for the Web Site at either the server end or the client end individually, the performance of the Web Site is equally terrible. This issue is specific to this Web Site only. hi, can you provide the URL?...

Bordermanager proxy configure
Hi! When I try to configure HTTP Proxy via iManager 2.7.2 I get error "Please enter an Integer between 1 and 65535", I saw something that this maybe an iManager error. I have tried the BorderManager Proxy forum but no luck. Any ideas? NetWare 6.5 SP8 BorderManager 3.9 SP1 /SP -- ste00pek ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ste00pek, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved...

how set up proxy right for ldap proxy user
i have check the docs and trying to set up contextless login. I do not know how to set up the proxy for ldap. I have create a use and point but do not know what rights to give. Hi Sang, Depends what attribute is the search attribute for contextless login. This is what you need to give Read rights for the LDAP proxy. By default it is the CN. Cheers, Akos sang wrote: > i have check the docs and trying to set up contextless login. I do not > know how to set up the proxy for ldap. I have create a use and point but > do not know what rights to give. > ...

FTP proxy & Transparent Proxy setup
--____VXWHOENWUJCUWAOOUIOM____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have done a fresh install of BorderManager 3.7 SP1 on a server and I am = trying to get the proxies working. I currently have the packet forwarding = filters turned off and everyone can HTTP, FTP and Telnet to their heart's = content. When I turn on the filters, I believe that the proxies are = suppose to take this traffic and work with it. But it doesn't,=20 Can anyone help me out here? --____VXWHOENWUJCUWAOOUIOM____ Content-Type: multipart/rel...

IFolder and BorderManager Proxy/SSO
The Ifolder client gets a "connection broken" on XP clients that are using the BorderManager HTTP Proxy server with Single Sign on enabled. Excluding the IFolder server from web caching does not seem to help. Appears to be related to single sign on. Removing the proxy setting from the browser allows the IFolder client to connect. IFolder is running on a NW6.5 SP2 server. The client works for me here, pointing to either my BM/iFolder server's private or public address. Is iFolder running on your BM server or elsewhere? Is iFolder configured to listen the iFol...

future of Bordermanager Proxy funcionality
Hi I'm wondering what the future of the proxy functionality in BM is, has there been any statement from Novell about migration path for this feature, will it remain, I hear that there will be a 4.9 but I wonder if there will ever be a 5.x especially given the fact that it is tied to netware and that seems to be out of favor in Walthom. So where should we look for a replacement to this feature, ichain!!!! Astaro!!!!! a combination of the two, or maybe there won't be a replacement and we have to go for squid. tia Agilulf, > I'm wondering what the future of...

Web resources about - Bordermanager FTP Proxy and Users with @ in Name - novell.bordermanager.proxies

NetIQ eDirectory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations ...

Novell - Blackboard
Novell helped invent the corporate network in the early 1980s and continues to drive technology for business today. Network software began with ...

Information
The site is using a web proxy cache , such as Novell BorderManager FastCache , Apache Traffic Server or a server running the open source Squid ...

Novell BorderManager 3.9
Novell BorderManager offers robust Internet access controls, content filtering capabilities, secure VPN services and firewall services supported ...

Patch Finder
... of your choice. Standard Select Select a Product Access Governance Access Manager Account Management (NAM) Apache AppArmor Audit BorderManager ...

Press Releases - SuperLumin
June 11, 2013 SuperLumin Event Proxy Provides 5,000 Attendees with High-Speed Web Browsing Experience at Adobe MAX Conference May 7, 2013 ...

Support - SUSE
SUSE's world class support organization offers customers the best support experience in the industry.

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is an American multinational software and services company headquartered in Provo, Utah . It has been instrumental ...

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is a software and services company. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Attachmate Group . It specializes in ...

IPX/SPX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IPX and SPX are derived from Xerox Network Systems ' IDP and SPP protocols, respectively. IPX is a network layer protocol (layer 3 of the OSI ...