VPN

I am about to install VPN services with BorderManager 3.8 and have been
reading some of the documentation.

Can someone please explain to me the concept of tunneling and it's
implementation with BM as this seems to be one of steps to setting up VPN.

Any help is appreciated, as this concept is very new to me.

Cheers,
0
vasko
3/12/2006 10:00:11 AM
novell.bordermanager.install 3442 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hi,

tunneling is a process for which IP packets are encapsulated within some
other protocol at one end of the VPN (like a wrapping that hides a gift,
so the recipient cannot tell what's inside), transmitted over the
internet to the other end of the VPN, and de-encapsulated (unwrapped) on
the receiving side.

This is a good tutorial to start with
http://compnetworking.about.com/od/vpn/l/aa010701a.htm

Note that the BM VPN is an IPsec VPN (there are several types).
--
Cat
NSC Volunteer Sysop

Bordermanager vpn vs Cisco router vpn etc
I have a small client with a Novell 5.x server with about 35 clients, many of which are needing some sort of vpn access. Trying to figure out if it is easier to setup border manager for vpn access on the server or simply get a router that will provide vpn access. Which would be easier or more cost effective in this scenario over a dsl connection. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. Thanks Paul I guess it depends a lot on cost. Do you already have BMgr? (A copy that includes client-site VPN?) If so, just install that and configure it. As for using ...

bordermanager install
hi, Is using the imanager the only way to install bordermanger ? I'm having a tough time configuring the imanager. Can't login to the novell extend director. uthentication to Directory server failed. Please check name (DN) and password. Please enter the LDAP directory server and the credentials for administrator access so that setup can update the directory: This server is currently configured for: 192.9.200.100:636 Directory administrator distinguished name (DN): (e.g. cn=admin,ou=MyDepartment,o=MyCompany) Directory administrator password: alan alanh@field....

BorderManager VPN
Hi, I have a customer who is looking for a VPN solution (No more details yet...) Anyhow they have Border Manager 3.8 for proxy. However another site of theirs uses ISA. I know very little about either products. and would like to know peoples views? is BM a good product for VPN, are their better 3rd Party products? Thanks Hi, I use BM vpns all over the place & rate them highly. The 3.8 release was a major step forward as we now use the ipsec standard for site to site transport & can now talk to any other industry standard ipsec vpn endpoint. Client to...

Bordermanager is not installed or..........
Bordermanager is not installed or is not available on this server. This is the message I get when I go into NWAdmin and try to access the bordermanager setup. It is not only installed on the server but it is up and running. This server did abend last night in the middle of an Arcserve backup and I had to reset it this morning. It was locked up after the abend. At first when it booted up it seemed to have a problem with my Cache2 volume and it ran vrepair (or whatever netware 6 has in place of vrepair) and then it said it did not mount the cache2 volume. However, ...

VPN Installation
I am trying to install a VPN access to a Netware 6.5 sp8 server. Can some one confirm that this can only be done by buying additional harware and/or software? If this is the case, what would be the least expensive way to get it done? THe customer is an architect and wants to use REVIT's vpn feature... -- ckozely ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ckozely wrote: > I am trying to install a VPN access to a Netware 6.5 sp8 server. Can > some one confirm that this can only be done by buying additional harware > and/or s...

To install or not to install?

This is the error I get from a w2ksp3 all patched up workstation with NWclient 4.91sp2 and VPN client 3.8.9. NMAS is the auth method and the nmas client was install with the nwclient install. Attache
This is the error I get from a w2ksp3 all patched up workstation with NWclient 4.91sp2 and VPN client 3.8.9. NMAS is the auth method and the nmas client was install with the nwclient install. Attached are the error mesage and the vpnstat file. If i rmove and reinstall using the nmas from vpnclient, I am not able to chose nmas as a login method. This was a fresh blow away, reload of the workstation. In the past, I have installed nmas from the vpnclient on XP and this worked. Anyone else have this problem? thks Here is the exact error that comes up: An error was reported by...

bordermanager install problem
I have a client with Netware 6, Groupwise 6 and they want BorderManager 3.6EE installed. After installing BorderManager whenever someone tries to log in to the server you get an 8901 error. I know I'm installing the program correctly and it always happens before I have an oppurtunity to do any configuration so that can't be it either. Is there something in Netware 6 causing this problem and if so, can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks, Joey Kinney, CNA Try UNLOAD IPFLT in case this is an issue with filters being incorrectly applied....

Setting up a VPN with BorderManager
Happy new year! I hope you can provide some help or direction on the following issue I have. I support several Novell servers at a public library. There are three servers (NetWare 5, 5.1 and 6) at the Main branch and two other servers (NetWare 5.1) at two smaller branches (one at each branch). The servers at the branches used to communicate with the servers at the Main branch (and vice versa) via IPX over dedicated phone lines. However, a few months after I started working here, the dedicated phone lines were removed. Now the servers are unable to communicate. This has c...

installing vpn client
Hello, I'm trying to intall the Novell Bordermanager VPN Client V3.8 and while intalling, it comes back with an error: An error occurred while launching the setup. Library not registered. It doesn't give the name of the library, filename, or anything that tells me what's not registered. > Hello, I'm trying to intall the Novell Bordermanager VPN Client V3.8 and > while intalling, it comes back with an error: > An error occurred while launching the setup. > Library not registered. > > It doesn't give the name of the library, filename, or anyth...

bordermanager vpn issue
Hi there. background is that we have 3 netware 6.5 sp6 servers. A bordermanager , mail and file/print server. there was a problem recently with the bordermanager server ( version 3.8sp5) which resulted in server having to be reloaded. the server was removed from the tree along with all certificates etc.. and reinstalled as was bordermanager. The sys volume was restored from tape but there was no configuration of bordermanager when restore was done. Is there any way of restoring this configuration (it was configured previously with client to site) from a tape backup. Thanks Fr...

VPN filters not installed
Went through VPNCFG and created a Master server for use in client-to-site VPN. "Update VPN Filters" doesn't seem to create any filters. What should happen during this setup? We ran it twice or more. NW6SP4e server with BM37SP3 Ray In article <0HUVb.4700$6M5.1783@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > "Update VPN Filters" doesn't seem to create any filters. > It should add rip, egp and ospf filters on the public interface. Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp *** For a current patch list, tips, handy files and books on ...

VPN/Bordermanager on Vista
Hi I have a huge problem, due to the new Vista. We have always been running Xp on all workstations but now the time has come where we will get Vista on all workstation in the furture. My problem is to get connected via Bordermanager/Novell Client to our VPN which is a Bordermanager.....It do not work... Do anybody know how it could be working or what I can do to make a solution, if only temporarely???? Please help...need it bad!!! HI, Thomas Lintrup wrote: > > My problem is to get connected via Bordermanager/Novell Client to our VPN > which is a Borderma...

New VPN installation
Can a VPN server sit on a server that is not the default route? I've installed one and although I can connect I don't seem to be able to ping or connect to anything. I think it is because the server's I am trying to ping don't know a route back out to the new VPN. If I was to put a static route on for the new VPN do I create one for the private IP, the tunnel IP or both?? TIA, Matt Hudson, CNE Matt, what version of BM? for BM 3.7 or earlier the VPN server has to be the default route (or if the Bm server is a server dedicated only to the VPN you can en...

Veritas installed on Bordermanager
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C6F90B.1D7E97F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, A customer has Veritas 9.0 installed on BM 3.8 SP4 NW6.5 SP5. When = Filters are disabled the backup will work correct. With filters the = backup fails. I made a filter acception on port 10000 but this will not = work. I tried a range of ports 10000 - 10100. High ports are open.=20 What is wrong? It has worked fine in the passed with the same filter = exeption port 10000. ------=_...

Web resources about - VPN - novell.bordermanager.install

blackVPN - premium VPN services
blackVPN provides premium VPN services. We have servers in Netherlands, Lithuania, Russian and Ukraine, Singapore, UK & USA where you can surf ...

Surf anonymously - Download now and use for free - CyberGhost VPN
Make yourself invisible with CyberGhost VPN. Its anonymization services give you complete privacy when surfing, downloading, and sharing files ...

Best Private VPN Service Reviews, Free trial & Coupons - 2012
Review top private VPN service providers since 2008, 1000s of real customer reviews help you find the best private VPN service provider and deal ...

Pro VPN Accounts - Buy Anonymous VPN Account Service to Proxy Unblock Skype, VOIP, Youtube, Facebook ...
IP Address: 212.227.97.200 Our service replaces your IP Address with one of our secure and anonymous IPs. It will make you appear to be from ...

High Speed VPN Accounts, 24 Hour Live Help and Unlimited Bandwidth
StrongVPN offers high speed VPN accounts in multiple locations worldwide. Choose a VPN provider with the best service. Orders approved 24 hours ...

SunVPN. VPN service for personal use. OpenVPN and PPTP VPN services available.
VPN service for personal use. SunVPN offers the best OpenVPN and PPTP VPN service available.

FAST VPN SERVICE and EASY TO USE VPN SOFTWARE
Hide Your Online Address & IP with Our Trusted Simple to use VPN. Instant Setup, Only $9.95/Mo, 50 Locations, Ultra Fast Unlimited Connections ...

VPNfreedom - Your Resource to VPN Related News
Learn how to unblock any website such as Netflix and Hulu with VPN and enjoy an open and secure Internet.

FREE VPN Service Provider: Online Privacy & Internet Security - VPNReactor.com
100% Free VPN Service for internet security and online privacy. Our VPN provides online privacy and strong 128 bit encryption for internet security. ...

Super VPN - PPTP and Open VPN Anonymous Web Surfing Services
Super VPN offers paid and free PPTP and Open VPN services which provide you anonymous web surfing without provider logs for personal and business ...