Non-tech needs help setting up CL2Site VPN

We have BMEE3.5 on a nw5.0 server.  I want to setup the client-to-site
VPN
but don't know where to start.  When I go into nwadmn32/BM setup &
click the
VPN tab, all options are grayed out.  When I click details it says:
"This
is not a VPN server.  Please use NIASCFG to configure it."   Huh?
What's my
next step.

Thanks,

Russ

0
Russ
12/2/2003 10:25:11 PM
novell.bordermanager.install 3442 articles. 0 followers. Follow

1. LOAD VPNCFG.  Start there.  Configure the server as a Master.
2. Be sure you have Client-Site licenses installed, or the NWADMN32
option for VPN configuration will not be accessible.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig
12/3/2003 1:34:39 AM
> 1. LOAD VPNCFG.  Start there.  Configure the server as a Master.

I tried, getting several "loader cannot find public symbol..."
messages.

> 2. Be sure you have Client-Site licenses installed, or the NWADMN32
> option for VPN configuration will not be accessible.

How do I install the Client-site licenses?

Thanks,

Russ

0
Russ
12/5/2003 8:03:53 PM
In article <Jw5Ab.690$19.48@prv-forum3.provo.novell.com>, Russ DeMarco

wrote:
> > 1. LOAD VPNCFG.  Start there.  Configure the server as a Master.
>
> I tried, getting several "loader cannot find public symbol..."
messages.

You have the wrong version of TCPIP installed.  You have (probably)
the
Null version, and need to install the Domestic version.  See tip #6 at
the
URL below.

> How do I install the Client-site licenses?

With NWADMN32.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig
12/5/2003 10:21:21 PM
> wrote:
> > > 1. LOAD VPNCFG.  Start there.  Configure the server as a Master.

> > I tried, getting several "loader cannot find public symbol..."
messages.

> You have the wrong version of TCPIP installed.  You have (probably)
the
> Null version, and need to install the Domestic version.  See tip #6
at the
> URL below.

How do I get the correct TCPIP version for BM35ee (sp3) & NW50 (sp6a)?
 My
current TCPIP.nlm is dated April 3, 2002 and is version 5.43v.  When I
do
get it, what's the install procedure?  Just copy tcpip.nlm to the
system
folder, unload then reload?  Are there other files besides tcpip.nlm?

> > How do I install the Client-site licenses?
>
> With NWADMN32.

I don't know how.  I thought the license came with the Enterprise
Edition.
Where would I find the license(s)?

Thanks again.

Russ

0
Russ
12/7/2003 6:09:12 PM
In article <c1KAb.783$og5.505@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Russ
DeMarco
wrote:
> > You have the wrong version of TCPIP installed.  You have
(probably) the
> > Null version, and need to install the Domestic version.  See tip
#6 at the
> > URL below.
>
> How do I get the correct TCPIP version for BM35ee (sp3) & NW50
(sp6a)?  My
> current TCPIP.nlm is dated April 3, 2002 and is version 5.43v.  When
I do
> get it, what's the install procedure?  Just copy tcpip.nlm to the
system
> folder, unload then reload?  Are there other files besides
tcpip.nlm?

Did you look at tip #6?

> > > How do I install the Client-site licenses?
> >
> > With NWADMN32.
>
> I don't know how.  I thought the license came with the Enterprise
Edition.
> Where would I find the license(s)?

The license should be on the BMgr license floppy disk, along with the
others
that you must have installed for any of the BMgr services to be
running (like
proxy).  You use NWADMN32, in the Tools, Novell Licensing Services
menu.   You
might want to have a look at tip #11 at the URL below.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig
12/8/2003 2:59:28 AM
#6 at
the
> > > URL below.
> >
> > How do I get the correct TCPIP version for BM35ee (sp3) & NW50
(sp6a)?
My
> > current TCPIP.nlm is dated April 3, 2002 and is version 5.43v.
When I
do
> > get it, what's the install procedure?  Just copy tcpip.nlm to the
system
> > folder, unload then reload?  Are there other files besides
tcpip.nlm?

> Did you look at tip #6?

Please bear with me as I'm not a tech person.  I did read tip #6.  But
it
just confused me further.  So I go back to my previous ?s (see above),
and
have an add'l ?:  what version # of TCPIP should I be using &
how/where do I
get it?

> > > With NWADMN32.
> >
> > I don't know how.  I thought the license came with the Enterprise
Edition.
> > Where would I find the license(s)?
>
> The license should be on the BMgr license floppy disk, along with
the
others
> that you must have installed for any of the BMgr services to be
running
(like
> proxy).  You use NWADMN32, in the Tools, Novell Licensing Services
menu.
You
> might want to have a look at tip #11 at the URL below.

What if I can't find the original disk?

Thanks again,

Russ

0
Russ
12/8/2003 8:25:15 PM
In article <L65Bb.529$ND5.43@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Russ
DeMarco
wrote:
> what version # of TCPIP should I be using & how/where do I
> get it?

Get the version of TCPIP most appropriate for your server's patch
level, as given in tip #1 at the URL below.  That should be
tcp553v.exe.  Explode the patch, and copy the contents of the
'domestic' directory in the patch to sys:system.  Then reboot.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
BorderManager, go to http://www.craigjconsulting.com ***

0
Craig

Need help with setting up a VPN
I want to access my home pc (XP) from work (2000). I know I'll need to go through the "Make a New Connection" wizard on work pc. What about the home pc? "Ashley" <AshleyQuickNoSpam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9sufvj$192k$1@news.grc.com... > I want to access my home pc (XP) from work (2000). > > I know I'll need to go through the "Make a New Connection" wizard on work > pc. What about the home pc? Here is one resource. http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/VPN_help.htm#Client_tips -- � -- Robert grc.co...

Need help finding tech experts on install problem
Ok, this is a bit off the wall, but everybody here is really smart, and I hope somebody can steer me to the right place. There's a website called WebcamNow which has a voicechat feature enabled by installing what I assume is basically a plugin. In the past, new versions have installed and run just fine for me, with the executable ending up in the Downloaded Program Files folder. I'm running IE6.0-SP1 under 98SE. But while the latest version downloads ok (5 files to TIF), the install errors out. There is an error log that I can't interpret. And the .JS file that se...

Installing new mobo. Need help identifying two sets of wires.
Hi. The manual isn't much help. I've drawn them in Photoshop to, hopefully, help you identify them (sorry for the crudeness). http://home1.gte.net/dsean/misc/wires01.gif http://home1.gte.net/dsean/misc/wires02.gif ------------ Here's the mobo: http://www.shuttleonline.com/spec.php3?model=av18e And here's the case: http://www.in-win.com/framecode/ino_s500.html ---- Sidebar question. I'm installing this new mobo but I already have a hard drive with Windows 2000 on it. With this new mobo, I need to use an old Voodoo 2 video card because this m...

Need help setting up mySql on new suse 11.2 install
Hello all, I have just installed suse 11.2 and want to set up mysql. I can start mysql from the terminal window by typing 'mysql' but thats it. I believe I have to create a users table and then the user root or at leats set roots password. Is there a 'how to' for first time mysql set up? -- k2zs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Run the script mysql_secure_installation. This will prompt you for a root password (root in mysql, not root in Linux, so can be different passwords). Start the mysql -service- from ...

I need to install nVidia drivers, I need help with that...
Heya, I'm currently using the opensource drivers for my nVidia Geforce 9600M GT card. However I don't have openGL support it turns out. So I reckon I need to install the official nVidia drivers for OpenSUSE. So I go here: 'NVIDIA drivers - openSUSE' (http://en.opensuse.org/NVIDIA_drivers) And choose the 1-click install. However yast tells me I'm running a legacy nVidia card and suggests me to abort. I'm a n00b when it comes to drivers and OpenSUSE. In fact I'm not sure I need the official drivers. But I'm trying to run the game 'Zero ...

Just installed 11.3 on Lenovo G550 laptop
I can't find a tool to change keyboard layout. I'd like to swap the capslock and control keys. Trackpad scrolling isn't working. I can't even find a mouse settings control panel anywhere in Yast. I would like to enable trackpad scrolling and adjust the cursor speed. Where/how do I do that? I would like to install Skype, VLC, Chromium, Qalculate and a few others that aren't in the repo. What's the recommended way? Thanks -- MountainX ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I made some progress. But trackpad ...

Help With Setting a VPN With a Linksys VPN Capable Router
I have been trying to use our Linksys BEFSX41's VPN capabilities. VPN's are something about which I know little and Linksys's information on the subject is at best sparse. I was hoping that someone in our group here could point me in the direction of some "how-to's" on the subject. Everything that I have found to date seems like it starts on chapter 3, what I need is chapters 1 and 2. The only way of testing my setup is to attempt to contact the cable route via an internet connection from a dialup account on my notebook. I have download and tested Micr...

Help
I need help.... I have a procedure that creates a cursor so I can loop thru data returned for a select statement. This data is then used to create statistical data results. These results need to be passed back thru the procedure so a DW can be generated. I will end up creating several variables with the same name. So it will be like multi rows for a given column, but I am not returning a column. How can I return all the data? I hope this is clear.... If you are calling the stored procedure from PB script then you can, in the PB code before you call the procedure creat...

Need help: Why we need to install Sql Server 2005 Express edition ?
Hi all,           I am getting confused what is the exact cause for installing of sql server 2005 Express while working with web parts controls in asp.net web application.          Any help will be appreciated.   WebParts stores state information of the control (location, size, etc.) for each user in a SQL database. As such the need to have SQL Server.   Hi hemantksh ,                    &n...

DNN 3.0.13 Install Help Needed
Hi folks.  I have had a DNN 2.1.2 working w/ limited configuration/customization using Access as the data provider on a web host.  I deleted everything in my directory. 1) I then unzipped and uploaded DNN 3.0.13 to the same directory where everything works.  I have a functioning MS SQLServer login.  I made the appropriate changes to the web.config file and accessed the site.  The install process began and I encountered the "EXECUTE permission denied" on the stored procedure issue that has been brought up.  I deleted everything (files, tables and procs) and star...

Installing OpenSuse in a system with windows 7 already installed..help needed
I'm sorry if this is an outdated or repeated question, but I'm new to Unix and new to this forum too. I need your help regarding this installation. I've a system with Windows 7 installed. Now I'm being trained in Unix. So I want to install OpenSUSE full version (not live cd). So is there a way to install OpenSUSE in my system without disturbing Windows 7? I want to have both the Operating systems in my Laptop. I could have tried by installing it directly, but I'm afraid that I may lose all my data present in the harddisk. Please tell me how to install thi...

Need some help setting this up once in code behind and calling thru-out the page as needed
I have a form that do some calculations based on selection made.. Here is what i have as part of my event: ( this is just part of it..)Regex rx = new Regex(@"(^\d*\.?\d*[1-9]+\d*$)|(^[1-9]+\d*\.\d*$)"); //String to teststring reg = amount1.Text;if (rx.IsMatch(reg)) {decimal r1, r2, r3, r4, tot; if (amount1.Text != "") { r1 = decimal.Parse(amount1.Text); } else { r1 = 0; }if (amount2.Text != "") { r2 = decimal.Parse(amount2.Text); } else { r2 = 0; } if (amount3.Text != "") { r3 = decimal.Parse(amount3.Text); } else { r3 = 0; }if (amount4.Text ...

install help need
Hi Everyone, =20 I have an environment that we are installing bugzilla 4.2.3 into windows 2003 server. I did have a previous version working and I know the install is pretty simple, but I'm having trouble tracking down perl PPMs. This isn't my normal background so forgive me is some of this is simplistic and I just don't get it. =20 I'm missing the following: Email-MIME-Attachment-Stripper (any) TheSchwartz (any) =20 Daemon-Generic (any) mod_perl (v1.999022)=20 Apache-SizeLimit (v0.96)=20 =20 =20 I've been able to use the dmake and th...

Help needed with install
Trying to install Netware 6.5 on a new Dell Inspiron (not production, just a lab environment). Booted from the DVD and started the install, but it eventually told me it could not locate a network card (I just have the standard Intel built in adapter). I tried installling the card from an older machine and rebooted from the DVD. Instead of the install re-starting, I get a message about it having detected a new card, and it will now attempt to locate a driver, but then the thing just drops into the colon prompt. The server appears to be up and running but I have no idea if the netw...

Web resources about - Non-tech needs help setting up CL2Site VPN - novell.bordermanager.install

BART strike provides stark contrast to tech's non-union world
... Francisco Bay Area transit workers this week is a clear and naked display of union power, something that's probably completely alien to tech ...

20 Non-Tech Stars Of The 2013 Best Small Companies List
20 Non-Tech Stars Of The 2013 Best Small Companies List

Non-Tech Companies Emerge As A Critical New Market For Software Product Development Services
Historically, one of the main segments of the product development services (PDS) market has been software product development for independent ...

Translations startups targeting non-tech Japanese SMEs
This is a guest post authored by “Tex” Pomeroy. He is a Tokyo-based writer specializing in ICT and high technology. Translations startups like ...

Viking Global’s Top Non-Tech Holdings
... David Ott, and Brian Olson. The strategy is long/short global equity with a bottom-up stock picking approach. Below are its top non-tech holdings. ...

Non-tech companies can be great places to work, too
Companies from a wide range of non-tech industries are pushing tech companies off of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work list

Innovation by Necessity: 3 Non-Tech Businesses and the Technology They Created
... wearable tech , etc. — or they fold. But what about innovators who end up making new technology because they have to have it for their non-tech ...

From Amazon warehouse workers to Google bus drivers, it’s tough working a non-tech job at a tech company ...
... of contracting them from another company. But it continues to be a problem at other firms that aren’t willing to pay most of their non-technical ...

The Only Thing Lamer than Corporate VCs? International, Non-Tech Corporate VCs
... like the lie that a company won’t change once it has been acquired. It’s like a cat pretending it’s a dog. This is true for Valley-based technology ...

Non-tech retailers, no banks, and mobile payments, what could possibly go wrong?
In the world of technology, particularly consumer-rich mobile technology, we have grown accustomed...