Localized nightlys vs. localization trademark policy

Hi all,

I've got one question; some time ago, when Thunderbird weekly builds
were released regulary i was translating and publicating them on my
personal web site. I wasn't compiling them, they were simple official
builds from mozilla FTP server, but localized to polish. There was a
note on my site, saying that these builds are test builds, not final,
and they might be unstable. The only reason for them to exist in
localized form was to let people, who were curious about new features in
Thunderbird and have reconciled with risk, to test those new features in
program in their native language. Now, when localization trademark
policy is obligatory, what are the restrictions for creating localized
nightly/weekly builds? Or, maybe i cant't create them at all?

--
Piotr "Pitreck" Komoda
pitreck[at]firefox.pl

Piotr Komoda wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got one question; some time ago, when Thunderbird weekly builds
> were released regulary i was translating and publicating them on my
> personal web site. I wasn't compiling them, they were simple official
> builds from mozilla FTP server, but localized to polish. There was a
> note on my site, saying that these builds are test builds, not final,
> and they might be unstable. The only reason for them to exist in
> localized form was to let people, who were curious about new features in
> Thunderbird and have reconciled with risk, to test those new features in
> program in their native language. Now, when localization trademark
> policy is obligatory, what are the restrictions for creating localized
> nightly/weekly builds? Or, maybe i cant't create them at all?

Those would be community editions, at least for now. If you follow the
rules of those, of course, which you indicate you do.

Axel
0
Axel
9/14/2004 10:52:34 AM
On 2004-09-14 12:52, Axel Hecht wrote:
> Those would be community editions, at least for now. If you follow the
> rules of those, of course, which you indicate you do.

Sad to hear that :(
Making  community release basically means for me changing every product
name string/entity/entry in language files,  because they are all
harcoded in polish localization /it's about polish noun change/variety,
in English every living creature is "he" or "she", and dead nature is
"it". In polish Thunderbird is "he" and Mozilla is "she"/ . This is just
to expensive and time-consuming thing to play with for nightly/weekly
builds, and after, reverting back to "standard" name. Can i at least
create langpacks for weekly builds on the "official release" rules?

--
Piotr "Pitreck" Komoda
pitreck[at]firefox.pl
Piotr Komoda wrote:
> On 2004-09-14 12:52, Axel Hecht wrote:
>
>> Those would be community editions, at least for now. If you follow the
>> rules of those, of course, which you indicate you do.
>

> Sad to hear that :(
> Making  community release basically means for me changing every product
> name string/entity/entry in language files,  because they are all

Please note that our build system (once I can get all the various
tinderbox/staging pieces to work together) will be producing automatic
nightlies in all the languages available in CVS. These will use the
official branding. So as long as you keep your locale reasonably up to
date, there should be usable nightly builds at all times. This will
include win/linux/mac binary packages and installable langpacks.

--BDS
0
Benjamin
9/20/2004 2:02:03 PM
On 2004-09-20 16:02, Benjamin D. Smedberg wrote:
> Please note that our build system (once I can get all the various
> tinderbox/staging pieces to work together) will be producing automatic
> nightlies in all the languages available in CVS. These will use the
> official branding.

That's a good news! :)
As i understand, those localized nightlys will be kept in
pub/mozilla.org/firefox/tinderbox-builds/, right?

--
Piotr "Pitreck" Komoda
pitreck[at]firefox.pl
Benjamin D. Smedberg wrote:

> Please note that our build system (once I can get all the various
> tinderbox/staging pieces to work together) will be producing automatic
> nightlies in all the languages available in CVS. These will use the
> official branding. So as long as you keep your locale reasonably up to
> date, there should be usable nightly builds at all times. This will
> include win/linux/mac binary packages and installable langpacks.

Any idea of a timeline for this ?

Best Regards
Henrik Lynggaard

--
MLP staff, process improvement
L10n Wiki: http://server.lynggaard.org/l10nWiki
Benjamin D. Smedberg wrote:

> Please note that our build system (once I can get all the various
> tinderbox/staging pieces to work together) will be producing automatic
> nightlies in all the languages available in CVS.

But what about the problem where the same text in the same file has to
be different for Thunderbird and Mozilla, as Piotr outlines? Is there an
#ifdef mechanism?

Gerv
0
Gervase
9/23/2004 12:23:18 PM
Gervase Markham wrote:
> Benjamin D. Smedberg wrote:
>
>> Please note that our build system (once I can get all the various
>> tinderbox/staging pieces to work together) will be producing automatic
>> nightlies in all the languages available in CVS.
>

> But what about the problem where the same text in the same file has to
> be different for Thunderbird and Mozilla, as Piotr outlines? Is there an
> #ifdef mechanism?

If this is a technical issue like "toolkit/locales/foo hardcodes the
string 'Firefox'", please file a bug and let's fix it ASAP. If this is a
question that the Thunderbird translator prefers a different word than
the Firefox translator, they need to get together and agree on something
(which is why we have a single module owner per locale, to make the
tough decisions as necessary).

--BDS
0
Benjamin
9/23/2004 12:36:13 PM
On 2004-09-23, Benjamin D. Smedberg <bsmedberg@covad.net> wrote:
[snip]

> If this

If you read the message further up the thread, your question is
answered...

> is a technical issue like "toolkit/locales/foo hardcodes the
> string 'Firefox'", please file a bug and let's fix it ASAP. If this is a
> question that the Thunderbird translator prefers a different word than
> the Firefox translator,...

Sounds to me like it'd be a technical issue, but I don't know how it could
be fixed.

The issue, as I understand it, is that the product has things like:
"$product+$string" but $string _needs_ to be different depending on the
value of $product, because the different products have different genders
in the language.

I guess the right way to do it would be to have strings appropriate for
the various possible genders/types of pronoun, and then have a variable
indicating the gender/type of the particular product name, but that
doesn't sound like something that can be fixed "ASAP".

--
Michael
0
Michael Lefevre wrote:
> On 2004-09-23, Benjamin D. Smedberg <bsmedberg@covad.net> wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>If this
>

> If you read the message further up the thread, your question is
> answered...

Please Please Please! make sure there are bugs on file. I read the NG,
but I don't necessarily personally follow up on any particular issues. I
need a specific list of strings that are problematic, listed in a bug,
not a more general "there are issues with gender".

--BDS
0
Benjamin
9/23/2004 2:09:31 PM
Michael Lefevre a �crit :
[snip]

> Sounds to me like it'd be a technical issue, but I don't know how it could
> be fixed.
>
> The issue, as I understand it, is that the product has things like:
> "$product+$string" but $string _needs_ to be different depending on the
> value of $product, because the different products have different genders
> in the language.

I guess (but haven't tried) that if you put the Firefox specific files
in browser/locales and the Thunderbird specific files in mail/locales
(and any version in toolkit/locales), it could probably use the proper
version when building either product. global is already split between
browser and toolkit (although no files are overwritten in the build
process).

> I guess the right way to do it would be to have strings appropriate for
> the various possible genders/types of pronoun, and then have a variable
> indicating the gender/type of the particular product name, but that
> doesn't sound like something that can be fixed "ASAP".

What about gender-neutral languages, as English? Put the same string in
both places?

Vincent
0
ISO
9/23/2004 2:21:15 PM
On 2004-09-23, Benjamin D. Smedberg <bsmedberg@covad.net> wrote:
> Michael Lefevre wrote:
>> On 2004-09-23, Benjamin D. Smedberg <bsmedberg@covad.net> wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>>>If this
>>

>> If you read the message further up the thread, your question is
>> answered...
>
> Please Please Please! make sure there are bugs on file. I read the NG,
> but I don't necessarily personally follow up on any particular issues.

Sure - just pointing out that your original followup rather missed the
point of the post you were following up. I don't think anyone was
expecting you to actually do anything as a result, but you could have said
"file a bug" straight off :)

Anyway...

> I need a specific list of strings that are problematic, listed in a bug,
> not a more general "there are issues with gender".

I'm only a spectator, so I'm probably not the best person to file that,
but obviously a bug is needed - maybe Piotr or another localiser could
file that and followup here?

--
Michael
0
Michael Lefevre wrote:
> On 2004-09-23, Benjamin D. Smedberg <bsmedberg@covad.net> wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>If this
>

> If you read the message further up the thread, your question is
> answered...
>

>>is a technical issue like "toolkit/locales/foo hardcodes the
>>string 'Firefox'", please file a bug and let's fix it ASAP. If this is a
>>question that the Thunderbird translator prefers a different word than
>>the Firefox translator,...
>

> Sounds to me like it'd be a technical issue, but I don't know how it could
> be fixed.
>
> The issue, as I understand it, is that the product has things like:
> "$product+$string" but $string _needs_ to be different depending on the
> value of $product, because the different products have different genders
> in the language.
>
> I guess the right way to do it would be to have strings appropriate for
> the various possible genders/types of pronoun, and then have a variable
> indicating the gender/type of the particular product name, but that
> doesn't sound like something that can be fixed "ASAP".

Any strings inside of toolkit need to be the same for both thunderbird
and firefox and other apps. If we end up with product-gender-dependent
strings, those need to be part of the application, even if this means
duplicating strings in firefox and thunderbird on english.

Toolkit is supposed to be shared between FF and TB, and we shouldn't
start adding #ifdefs or other compile time stuff and just let all the
visions of libxul die like that.

Axel
0
Axel
9/23/2004 4:17:31 PM
On 2004-09-23, Axel Hecht <axel@pike.org> wrote:
> Michael Lefevre wrote:
[snip]
>> The issue, as I understand it, is that the product has things like:
>> "$product+$string" but $string _needs_ to be different depending on the
>> value of $product, because the different products have different genders
>> in the language.
>>
>> I guess the right way to do it would be to have strings appropriate for
>> the various possible genders/types of pronoun, and then have a variable
>> indicating the gender/type of the particular product name, but that
>> doesn't sound like something that can be fixed "ASAP".
>
> Any strings inside of toolkit need to be the same for both thunderbird
> and firefox and other apps. If we end up with product-gender-dependent
> strings, those need to be part of the application, even if this means
> duplicating strings in firefox and thunderbird on english.

That sounds like a better solution than the one I suggested.

Still needs a bug filed so it can be worked out which strings that applies
to, and then fixed.

> Toolkit is supposed to be shared between FF and TB, and we shouldn't
> start adding #ifdefs or other compile time stuff and just let all the
> visions of libxul die like that.

Of course - I don't think anyone was advocating that.

--
Michael
0

Benjamin D. Smedberg pravi:
> Please Please Please! make sure there are bugs on file. I read the NG,
> but I don't necessarily personally follow up on any particular issues. I
> need a specific list of strings that are problematic, listed in a bug,
> not a more general "there are issues with gender".

Do you mean to say that such issues could be corrected?

In Slovene, the same problem occurs, but instead of using 'Firefox',
'Mozilla' or 'Thunderbird' per se, in situations where gender and case
endings differ from the nominative, we have agreed to write 'program
Firefox/Mozilla/Thunderbird' (which translates roughly as 'the
Firefox/Mozilla/Thunderbird application'), where the application name
is, grammatically, the right inflexion-free attribute.

But we have a completely diffrent issue: numbers. In Slovene, there are
many more forms than the singular and plural. Namely, there are two
plurals and the dual. So something like 'X tabs are open' has the
following possible forms in Slovene:
(Odprt je en zavihek.) - for 1
Odprta sta dva zavihka. - for 2
Odprti so trije/�tirje zavihki. - for 3/4
Odprtih je pet/... zavihkov. - for 5 or more
Odprt je stoen zavihek. - for 101
Odprta sta stodva zavihka. - for 102
Odprti so stotrije/sto�tirje zavihki. - for 103/104
Odprtih je stopet/... zavihkov. - for 105 or more
(and so forth)

The issue gets more complicated still when the noun isn't in the
nominative, but, say, the genitive or dative.

Whilst to implement this is easy done with gettext, it doesn't appear
likely to be possible with Mozilla, for practical reasons if not
otherwise. Or do you reckon it is possible for something like this to be
done?
Perhaps it would indeed be easiest if gettext (the PO-system) was used ...

Cheers
Aleks
0
Aleks
9/23/2004 6:36:33 PM
Aleks Reinhardt napisa:
> Hello
>
> Benjamin D. Smedberg pravi:
>
>>Please Please Please! make sure there are bugs on file. I read the NG,
>>but I don't necessarily personally follow up on any particular issues. I
>>need a specific list of strings that are problematic, listed in a bug,
>>not a more general "there are issues with gender".
>

> Do you mean to say that such issues could be corrected?
>
> In Slovene, the same problem occurs, but instead of using 'Firefox',
> 'Mozilla' or 'Thunderbird' per se, in situations where gender and case
> endings differ from the nominative, we have agreed to write 'program
> Firefox/Mozilla/Thunderbird' (which translates roughly as 'the
> Firefox/Mozilla/Thunderbird application'), where the application name
> is, grammatically, the right inflexion-free attribute.
>
> But we have a completely diffrent issue: numbers. In Slovene, there are
> many more forms than the singular and plural. Namely, there are two
> plurals and the dual.

The same applies to Sorbian. There is also a dual and for masculine
persons are special forms in nominative plural for nouns, adjectives, in
verbal forms and numbers and pronouns.

The example of Aleks is in Sorbian:

Jedyn rajtark je wotewrjeny.
Dwaj rajtarkaj stej wotewrjenej.
Tri/Štyri rajtarki su wotewrjene.
Pjeć rajtarkow je wotewrjene.

For masculine persons:

Jedyn muž je přišoł.
Dwaj mužej staj přišłoj. (The -ej is because the stem of muž is soft)
Třo/Štyrjo mužojo su přišli (-ojo is plural for masculine persons,
likewise -li of přišli.
Pjećo mužojo su přišli or: Pjeć mužow je přišło.

In English: One man has come. Two men have come. Three/Four men have
come. Five men have come.

Regards
Michael Wolf

  So something like 'X tabs are open' has the
> following possible forms in Slovene:
> (Odprt je en zavihek.) - for 1
> Odprta sta dva zavihka. - for 2
> Odprti so trije/štirje zavihki. - for 3/4
> Odprtih je pet/... zavihkov. - for 5 or more
> Odprt je stoen zavihek. - for 101
> Odprta sta stodva zavihka. - for 102
> Odprti so stotrije/stoštirje zavihki. - for 103/104
> Odprtih je stopet/... zavihkov. - for 105 or more
> (and so forth)
>
> The issue gets more complicated still when the noun isn't in the
> nominative, but, say, the genitive or dative.
>
> Whilst to implement this is easy done with gettext, it doesn't appear
> likely to be possible with Mozilla, for practical reasons if not
> otherwise. Or do you reckon it is possible for something like this to be
> done?
> Perhaps it would indeed be easiest if gettext (the PO-system) was used ...
>

> Cheers
> Aleks
0
Michael
9/23/2004 7:29:46 PM
Aleks Reinhardt wrote:

> In Slovene, the same problem occurs, but instead of using 'Firefox',
> 'Mozilla' or 'Thunderbird' per se, in situations where gender and case
> endings differ from the nominative, we have agreed to write 'program
> Firefox/Mozilla/Thunderbird' (which translates roughly as 'the
> Firefox/Mozilla/Thunderbird application'), where the application name
> is, grammatically, the right inflexion-free attribute.

It seems the correct quick solution here is, as bsmedberg says, not to
share any files between Firefox and Thunderbird, even if that means
duplicated English strings. Either that, or construct the build system
so it looks in one place and, if it finds nothing, looks in another for
a particular file. Then, those languages which need separate files can
have them, but English is easy to maintain.

> But we have a completely diffrent issue: numbers.

That is a different issue. Save it for a different thread :-)

Gerv
0
Gervase
9/24/2004 9:22:03 AM
On 2004-09-23, Aleks Reinhardt <aleksr_si@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Benjamin D. Smedberg pravi:
>> Please Please Please! make sure there are bugs on file. I read the NG,
>> but I don't necessarily personally follow up on any particular issues. I
>> need a specific list of strings that are problematic, listed in a bug,
>> not a more general "there are issues with gender".
>
> Do you mean to say that such issues could be corrected?

Well something will have to be done to either correct or work around these
issues.  Someone should file a bug so that the issue is on file and can be
considered.

> But we have a completely diffrent issue: numbers.
[snip]

That is probably a subject for another bug.  Maybe it will be possible to
fix it, or maybe not.  Filing a bug at least gives a chance that it will
be dealt with.

I see why bsmedberg was pleading for bugs now... :)

--
Michael
0
On 2004-09-23 16:09, Benjamin D. Smedberg wrote:
> Please Please Please! make sure there are bugs on file.

I, as a member of polish localization team, didn't wanted to start this
  discussion before Thunderbird will be ready for source level
localization, but since Gervase had (kind of) mentioned about it...
It's a little bit more complicated issue, than "file a bug and tell me
with which strings you have a problem", cause it probably will apply to
all the strings in toolkit, that contains the product name. Right now
it's to early to call this a thing, that could stop us from making
source level localization. Maybe we could solve the problem in the way
that Aleks had mentioned about, but if not, i think that the best
solution would be to duplicate those strings.

--
Piotr "Pitreck" Komoda
pitreck[at]firefox.pl
On 2004-09-23 16:09, Benjamin D. Smedberg wrote:
> Please Please Please! make sure there are bugs on file..

I, as a member of polish localization team, didn't wanted to start this
  discussion before Thunderbird will be ready for source level
localization, but since Gervase had (kind of) mentioned about it...
It's a little bit more complicated issue, than "file a bug and tell me
with which strings you have problems", cause it probably will apply to
all the strings in toolkit, that contains the product name. Right now
it's to early to call this a thing, that could stop us from making
source level localization. Maybe we could solve the problem in the way
that Aleks had mentioned about, but if not, i think that the best
solution would be to duplicate those strings.
--
Piotr "Pitreck" Komoda
pitreck[at]firefox.pl
www.thunderbird.pl
0
Piotr
9/25/2004 6:15:45 AM
On 2004-09-25, Piotr Komoda <pitreck@dontsendmespam.pl> wrote:
> On 2004-09-23 16:09, Benjamin D. Smedberg wrote:
>> Please Please Please! make sure there are bugs on file.
>
> I, as a member of polish localization team, didn't wanted to start this
>   discussion before Thunderbird will be ready for source level
> localization, but since Gervase had (kind of) mentioned about it...
> It's a little bit more complicated issue, than "file a bug and tell me
> with which strings you have a problem", cause it probably will apply to
> all the strings in toolkit, that contains the product name.

In that case you should file a bug and say that it applies to all the
strings in toolkit that contain the product name.  Even if the problem
can't be fixed in the code, there should still be a bug in the database,
otherwise the problem may not get discussed or solved...

--
Michael
0
> On 2004-09-20 16:02, Benjamin D. Smedberg wrote:
> >Please note that our build system (once I can get all the various
> >tinderbox/staging pieces to work together) will be producing automatic
> >nightlies in all the languages available in CVS. These will use the
> >official branding.
> That's a good news! :)
> As i understand, those localized nightlys will be kept in
> pub/mozilla.org/firefox/tinderbox-builds/, right?
   6 of 14 locales are green this morning.
   I do wish automatic nightlies can be provided before 1.0 release
   because some files cannot be easily checked without that, like the
   installer INI/scripts.

May the source be with you,
--
    Hung-Te Lin <HungTe@gmail.com> <piaip@csie.ntu.edu.tw>
    Traditional Chinese Localization for Mozilla (zh-TW)

Turbopower Async Pro is blocked by Policy Local Cmpuer Policy\Windws Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Right Assignment
If computers have set "Load and unload device drivers" in this key to Asministrators only, my program will not be able to connect an external device if I use tApdDataPacket for communication, but if I use tApdTerminal, everything works ok. Has anyone any idea what device drivers may be involved here when adding Users to the group, the program work properly ? Must be something that is loaded by the packet component? Is this driver something that could be preinstalled by installation program ? Onthe other hand, is it normal to do this restriction in policy? (the c...

localize.mozilla.org: Firefox Cup still a project in localize.mozilla.org
As far as I know, the football championship 2010 has ended on 11/07. If somebody missed it, Spain is the champion, beating Netherlands 1:0 a.e.t. Would it not make sense to retire it? Or to cloak it some way? TiA smo PS: SL version was 100% by the time it was needed. the contents have grown since to hard-to-understand 38206 words ("that need your attention", status 0% completed), As far as I can see, changes involve Add-ons and thats where they belong. Thanks, Vito. We are investigating it and will report back with a fix soon. smo wrote: > As far as I k...

Localization trademark policy
Hi all, I've already informed you that a policy regarding Firfox and Thunderbird trademarks and localizations is coming up, Bart Decrem has posted the current state as a draft on mozilla.org now: http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/trademarks/l10n-policy.html As Bart says: "Localization team members, please provide feedback about this draft document by commenting on the Mozillazine forum post. Make sure to specify which localization team you are part of." I tried to clear up some issues in the internal discussions we had in the last weeks, many of those are co...

local file system vs local links
Hi, I had posted about the ability to use local links (file://) a while back. I'm curious, why is it that when I use IE with a file:// link, it opens a file browser (explorer) and when I use Safari (on a Mac), it opens a finder window. But when I use Firefox, I get the file listing in the browser window? I've installed the local links extension and also read the following; http://kb.mozillazine.org/Links_to_local_pages_don%27t_work - aurf On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 16:57:38 -0800, in message <mailman.3777.1265158669.4112.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org> a...

support.mozilla.com locale leaders, please subscribe to mozilla.dev.l10n.web
All my further updates for support.mozilla.com locale leaders will be posted in mozilla.dev.l10n.web. All support.mozilla.com locale leaders please subscribe to that newsgroup/mailing list. ...

Localization Trademark Policy, needed?
Hi, we still have http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/trademarks/l10n-policy.html and http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/trademarks/l10n-website-policy.html. My personal take is that both can go away. They're still in the pre 1.0 state, and superseded by our real trademark policies today, I think. The first has two statements that I'd like to carry forward, if possible, but not necessarily in this document: > The L10n team owner is the module owner for the translation. The team > owner must approve all CVS checkins, is responsible for maintaining > the quality...

How to image local-to-local
I tried using a couple different Cool Tip articles about zen imaging to USB drives, but am still having problems. I want to store the c:\ drive onto a different partition on the same hard drive. Here's the scenario: 40Gig drive: 20Gig windows partition 10Gig ext2-formatted partition (10gig unused) I mounted the 10Gig partition, then went into the IMG tool and tried to save the c:\drive image to it but it bombs out almost immediately with "Out of space on destination", even though I know that the resulting zmg file will be far less than 10Gig. Please tell me ...

/usr/local/lib vs. /usr/local/share
--0003255652b28d07740484121c08 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 I just fetched Template Toolkit from CPAN and manually ran Makefile.PL and make install which installed into /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0. It included Template::Plugin::HTML. Running "make install" reported: Installing /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/Template/Plugin/HTML.pm I then ran h2xs and generated this in Makefile.PL WriteMakefile( NAME => 'Template::Plugin::HTML', VERSION_FROM => 'lib/Template/Plugin/HTML.pm', # finds $VERSION PREREQ_PM ...

RFC: Should we publicize the use of locale.t for finding defective locales?
This is a minor matter, which I considered deciding myself or bringing up on irc, but in the end thought it best to get wider feedback. The test file locale.t is now improved with more tests that look for improper locale implementations. For example, it verifies that \s and \w are disjoint, that [:lower:] is a subset of [:alpha:], and other checks that a POSIX-conforming locale definition should pass. The .t has long had reasonable debugging output (when enabled) for helping find out what's wrong with locales that fail. Some years ago, it was changed so that if a platfo...

[gaia] call-support-link-*: localizations vs. carriers and unsupported locales
Hi, in the settings.properties, there are strings for localizing the support links (see at the bottom of the mail): Should these values even be managed by the localizers because I can imagine the same language used by different carriers (in the same or different countries)? And what should we as localizers of yet not support locales? Archaeopteryx # Device :: Help online-support=Online support: # Localization note (online-support.href): This is the URL for the online support page. online-support.href=http://www.vivo.com.br/portalweb/appmanager/env/web?_nfls=false&...

localized home page on mozilla.com for locales not promoted yet on a regional portal
Hi all, As you may have seen on planet today (http://blog.mozilla.com/seth/2008/11/10/new-localized-download-pages/), I have published today the first landing page for a non-english locale on mozilla.com, that's Afrikaans: http://www.mozilla.com/af/ The intent is to have *one* page per locale on mozilla.com and we have a specific focus on languages not already included on one of the regional portals (mozilla europe/japan/china). I have filed bugs for 37 of these locales and added them to the web dashboard, so please check your locale (and don't forget that there...

Mozilla Calendar / Sunbird / Lightning locales moved into /l10n
Localizer and Calendar folks, This email is a heads up that after much work by many folks, I am now checking in the existing locales for Calendar into /l10n/ab-CD/calendar. I am also adding two contributed calendar localizations that were held up by our move to /l10n: ru and zh-CN Thanks everyone for your help in getting Calendar moved into the new /l10n system! -lilmatt The bug in question is 267981. mattwillis@gmail.com napsal(a): > Localizer and Calendar folks, > This email is a heads up that after much work by many folks, I am now > checking in the existin...

new compare-locales running on l10n.mozilla.org
Hi all, I got a dramatically more strict version of compare-locales up running on l10n.mozilla.org, find your latest builds (for fx3) on http://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/ I have already sent some warnings out, but not to all. To be clear, this does find new bugs, and I ran over all our localizations in cvs. It only found valid bugs before I actually put it live. For example see http://l10n.mozilla.org/buildbot/compare/linux-langpack/4111, http://l10n.mozilla.org/buildbot/compare/linux-langpack/4117, or http://l10n.mozilla.org/buildbot/compare/linux-langpack/4119, T...

AMO localization
The list of categories (left-hand column in the home page) is stil in English in the sl staging version https://addons.allizom.org/sl/firefox/?browse=featured .... and I can find the place where these en-US items (From Alerts / Updates down to Other) are hiding. Could it be they are not localizeable at all (like tags, here to stay)? TiA smo PS: I have written this up once already but it looks like I am all thumbs these days, cant find the posting anymore. One answer will suffice - assuming I will be able to find it (g) HI, If you registered translator, on the Add-ons pa...

Web resources about - Localized nightlys vs. localization trademark policy - netscape.public.mozilla.l10n

Internationalization and localization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the term in economics, see Internationalization . For Windows -specified term, see Multilingual User Interface . For other uses, see Localization ...

Facebook career postings: monetization, partner development, advertising counsel, platform policy, localization ...
... Engineer, Memcache Task Force (Seattle – Menlo Park) Software Engineer, Security Infrastructure (London) Executive Assistant (London) Localization ...

faroo_p2p: FAROO iPad / iPhone App updated: http://bit.ly/gtslEB Chinese localization: UI, Sources, Sina ...
faroo_p2p: FAROO iPad / iPhone App updated: http://bit.ly/gtslEB Chinese localization: UI, Sources, Sina Weibo (Twitter like) #App #iPad #iPhone ...

Fantastical adds Mail-like multitasking drafts to iPhone, Japanese localization
... new draft feature is currently only on the iPhone and iPod touch. In addition to its new draft feature, Fantastical 2.4 also adds full localization ...

Checking Into Foursquare? Yahoo's CFO Talks About Next Mobile M&A Including Importance of "Localization." ...
... “to help basically accelerate our progress … and continue to see the velocity of products in the mobile space.” Of most interest “localization ...

Hill Climb Racing Gets A New Car, A New Level And Improved Localization
... to race along sandy shores and to cruise up and down sand dunes in spectacular fashion. Hill Climb Racing. The game also includes localization ...

Internationalization and Localization - Apple Developer
Find resources that will help you prepare your iOS app and Mac app for the internationalization and localization process.

Going Global by Going Local: Why localization improves engagement
... world, placing reliance on one prevailing strategy is just the beginning. In any web strategy, including social and also mobile media, localization ...

Obama pushes for net neutrality, opposes data localization in trade pact
President Barack Obama's administration is pushing two potentially controversial Internet policies in a secretive trade pact, with trade negotiators ...

Russian Data Localization Law Spurs Data Center Strategy Changes
Starting in September, Russian users' data will have to be stored in Russia, and companies scramble to comply or exit the market Read More