WISH: 'Block images from this domain' option to show the domain ('Block images from www.example.com')

Morning all,

I've just started roadtesting Firebird after having tried (and given up on)
earlier incarnations of Mozilla. First off: well done. Firebird's
page-rendering speed is sensational.

Secondly, I've got a (small, and I think easy) wish to add to the sizeable
pile. At the moment the context menu that pops up when right-clicking an
image (i.e. ads) lets you "Block images from this domain". This is a great
feature, but I don't want to block domains if they serve both ads and normal
images.

At the moment I have to right-click the image, select 'Properties' and check
the image's URL to see if the domain makes it obvious that it's an adserver
and *then* choose to block it's domain.

It would be great if the "Block images from this domain" instead read "Block
images from ads.example.com". That way you'd know which domain you'd be
blocking.

Cheers,

Ally

0
Ally
9/3/2003 1:20:39 AM
netscape.mozilla.wishlist 3335 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>It would be great if the "Block images from this domain" instead read
"Block
>images from ads.example.com". That way you'd know which domain you'd be
>blocking.

I'd like to second that - excellent idea

-- Greg �no amount of planning will ever replace dumb luck� Nicholson

0
Mooquackwooftweetmeo

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image'
In my aspx page, I have the following snippet: <%@ Page Language="C#" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.IO" %><%@ Import Namespace="System.Drawing" %>     public System.Drawing.Image Test()    {      ...    }  I keep getting the 'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image' error in my Test function (which returns an Image). How do I fix this? Right which is possible; use the full...

CS0104: 'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image'
 CS0104: 'Image' is an ambiguous reference between 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image' and 'System.Drawing.Image'   <%@ Page Language="C#" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Drawing" %> <%@Import Namespace="System.Drawing.Imaging" %>   <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><script type="text/C#" runat="server"> void Page_Load() {//The @ means "Ignore escape characters!" in the following string. It is a verbatim //literal string - any backslashes (and newlines) in...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

what is the difference between 'image' and 'image map' in VS 2005?
what is the difference between 'image' and 'image map' in VS 2005? which one should i be using to hold pictures with different sizes?* I am using VS 2005 and VB languageThank you, Faezeh. You should use an image control. for more information about image map and why it is used check below link http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/standard/imagemap.aspx HCHaissam Abdul MalakMCAD.NET| Blog | An Image control holds images and is equivalent to an img tag in HTML.  On the other hand, the ImageMap control is used to hold an image that is used to ma...

'''

Domain 'blocked'
I ahve a situation where mail to and from a domain does not get through either way. Is there a setting that we (accidentally) may have triggered so that all mail from and to joe@domain.com does not arrive either way? The mail sent from our mail server actually stays in the deferred folder. The mail sent from the joe@domain.com doesn't seem to be anywhere or we just don't know where it dies. Thanks, Rob van Herk Look at your GWIA object under Access Control. Also dump message back in send, with Logging at verbose and see what it says. -- Michael J. Bel...

'Out of memory' / 'Parameter is not valid' at 'System.Drawing.Image' load
 Hi,   i have a problem with loading images. what is interesting the same type of images, the same directories some of them are loading some - not. The image size doesn't matter. It happens on a big sized and on a small sized image. So..   int id = Int32.Parse(Request.Params["id"].ToString());string sImage = "";Response.Clear();Response.ContentType = "image/JPEG";Response.Expires = 0;Response.Buffer = true;Response.Clear();sImage = GetMarkImagePath(id);FileStream fs = new FileStream(sImage, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);// the foll...

ReportViewer doesn't show embedded images: Unable to cast 'ReportHierarchy' to 'ReportHierarchy'
 Hi there!Whenever a ReportViewer on my pages tries to access an embedded resource it fails with:Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportHierarchy' to type 'Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportHierarchy'.Stack trace:[InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportHierarchy' to type 'Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportHierarchy'.] Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportDataOperation..ctor() +328 Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler.GetHandler() +249 Microsoft.Reporting.WebFor...

'or' or 'union'

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

Web resources about - WISH: 'Block images from this domain' option to show the domain ('Block images from www.example.com') - netscape.mozilla.wishlist