Download: being able to resume an aborted download.

Download:
        being able to resume an aborted download, would be a nice feature,
I just discoverd that the only way is to rewrite the original file... a
fter a large download aborted at 95% !
Wget may be a good base for "smarts downloads"?
----

netscape.mozilla.wishlist 3335 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I demand that i may have said:

> Download:
>         being able to resume an aborted download, would be a nice feature,
> I just discoverd that the only way is to rewrite the original file... a
> fter a large download aborted at 95% !
> Wget may be a good base for "smarts downloads"?
> ----

I believe Firebird is looking into supporting external download
managers, such as wget.
--
Robert Mohr
mohr.42@osu.edu

0
Robert
8/26/2003 10:44:08 AM
Robert Mohr wrote:
> I demand that i may have said:
>
>> Download:         being able to resume an aborted download, would be a
>> nice feature, I just discoverd that the only way is to rewrite the
>> original file... a
>> fter a large download aborted at 95% !
>> Wget may be a good base for "smarts downloads"?
>> ----
>>

> I believe Firebird is looking into supporting external download
> managers, such as wget.

i allso belive that there is an extension over on mozdev that support
experimental resume, have not realy tried it but i seem to recall
reading that the "problem" have something to do with the way mozilla
currently downloads files (one copy in temp files and one to whre you
want it saved, go fig)...

0
hobgoblin
8/26/2003 12:15:27 PM
Robert Mohr wrote:

> I believe Firebird is looking into supporting external download
> managers, such as wget.

I would like to see an extension created that has similar functionality
to GetRight, Download Accelerator, etc... something that could possibly
be used standalone also.

Casey

0
Casey
8/26/2003 5:47:18 PM
I agree with him, a downloader like star downloader or gozilla or something
similar would be a very important feature
"i" <noemail@please.kik> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Download:
>         being able to resume an aborted download, would be a nice feature,
> I just discoverd that the only way is to rewrite the original file... a
> fter a large download aborted at 95% !
> Wget may be a good base for "smarts downloads"?
> ----

0
Iacchi