Carlo
0
Carlo
1/9/2005 4:07:36 PM
netscape.mozilla.wishlist 3335 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 2005-01-09 18:07, Carlo Graziani wrote:
> Something along the lines of
>
>   install-mozilla-extension (--firefox|--thunderbird|...) \
>                              ext1 ext2 ...
>
> Where extN is either a file or a URL, in either case something .xpi.
>
> Something like this would make remote/bulk installing/upgrading/extending
> of mozilla+family installations much easier.

I haven't tested but I hear the syntax is like

firefox -install-global-extension /your/path/extension.xpi
0
Magnus
1/10/2005 8:45:27 PM
On 2005-01-10 22:45, Magnus wrote:
> On 2005-01-09 18:07, Carlo Graziani wrote:
>
>> Something along the lines of
>>
>>   install-mozilla-extension (--firefox|--thunderbird|...) \
>>                              ext1 ext2 ...
>>
>> Where extN is either a file or a URL, in either case something .xpi.
>>
>> Something like this would make remote/bulk installing/upgrading/extending
>> of mozilla+family installations much easier.
>

> I haven't tested but I hear the syntax is like
>
> firefox -install-global-extension /your/path/extension.xpi

Look for more here:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/extensions/commandlineoptions.html
0
Magnus
1/10/2005 8:49:10 PM
Magnus wrote:
> On 2005-01-10 22:45, Magnus wrote:
>
>> On 2005-01-09 18:07, Carlo Graziani wrote:
>>
>>> Something along the lines of
>>>
>>>   install-mozilla-extension (--firefox|--thunderbird|...) \
>>>                              ext1 ext2 ...
>>>
>>> Where extN is either a file or a URL, in either case something .xpi.
>>>
>>> Something like this would make remote/bulk
>>> installing/upgrading/extending
>>> of mozilla+family installations much easier.
>>

>> I haven't tested but I hear the syntax is like
>>
>> firefox -install-global-extension /your/path/extension.xpi
>

> Look for more here:
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/extensions/commandlineoptions.html

Very cool.  Thanks.

Carlo
0
Carlo
1/11/2005 6:37:47 PM
So then is there a way to pull all your extensions out of ff to a folder?
0
Hamstar

Command line extension install
Hi, We're an open-source project building a virtual machine dev env for LAMP. https://github.com/quickstart/quickstart-drupal/wiki We'd like to include some common web development extensions. Our build system is commandline Puppet scripts. We'd prefer to not have a manual configuration - (20 manual configurations is alot of time for testing and building) What's the best way to install extensions? This wouldn't work if Firefox wouldn't do updates: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Installing_extensions This didn't work on Ubuntu 12.04 /usr/l...

(re)install an extension from command line
Hi all. I'm developing a firefox extension non bootstrap, and it would be very helpful to me to automatize its installation for rapid development. Specially I would like to be able to restart firefox from command line and reinstall my extension. I have this bash / bat script that builds the xpi file for the extension. Now, I have to drop the xpi file to firefrox using the mouse and answer 2 dialogs for restarting firefox an be able to test my extension changes. This is not practical to me and I would like to reduce this work and be able to reinstall my extension using ...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS?
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

Installing firefox / extension from command line on windows ?
Hi , I need to install firefox and a extension for it remotely on 40 machines at my workplace. Is there a way to script this for windows. The extension needs to be installed only for non-admin user. thanks in advance, vivekian vivekian wrote: > Hi , > > I need to install firefox and a extension for it remotely on 40 > machines at my workplace. Is there a way to script this for windows. > The extension needs to be installed only for non-admin user. > > thanks in advance, > vivekian > This link may be helpful : http://www.mozilla.org/proje...

determining which plugins and extensions are installed from the command line
Hello, I am working on automated bug triage for Firefox and Thunderbird on Ubuntu(Linux). I am wondering if it is possible to determine which plugins and extensions are installed via the command line. Currently, we ask the bug reporter to look in about:plugins to see which plugins they have installed. I would like to skip this step so that the information is included in the orginal issue report. Thanks David Farning dfarning@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > I am working on automated bug triage for Firefox and Thunderbird on > Ubuntu(Linux). I am wondering if it...

command-line install only
Hi, has anyone managed to create a standalone command-line build system? I tried following http://delphi.wikia.com/wiki/Setting_up_a_Delphi_Build_Machine but with little success. (This is for dcc32.exe building.) I only managed to get up to copying the Bin\ and Lib\ folders. When I run "dcc32 -NS<a bunch of unit scopes> project.dpr", I get: Main.pas(5) Fatal: F1026 File not found: 'c:\Users\testbuild\build\Windows.dcu' I have System mentioned in the -NS argument. I'm just not sure what others. I copied the NS line from my .dpr file. ...

command-line install only
Hi, has anyone managed to create a standalone command-line build system? I tried following http://delphi.wikia.com/wiki/Setting_up_a_Delphi_Build_Machine but with little success. (This is for dcc32.exe building.) I only managed to get up to copying the Bin\ and Lib\ folders. When I run "dcc32 -NS<a bunch of unit scopes> project.dpr", I get: Main.pas(5) Fatal: F1026 File not found: 'c:\Users\testbuild\build\Windows.dcu' I have System mentioned in the -NS argument. I'm just not sure what others. I copied the NS line from my .dpr file. ...

mozilla/testing/performance/talos/mobile_profile/extensions/electrolysis@mozilla.org chrome.manifest install.rdf
Diffs: http://bonsai.mozilla.org/cvsview2.cgi?command=DIRECTORY&subdir=mozilla/testing/performance/talos/mobile_profile/extensions/electrolysis@mozilla.org&files=chrome.manifest:install.rdf&root=/cvsroot Changes committed by anodelman%mozilla.com: Update of /cvsroot/mozilla/testing/performance/talos/mobile_profile/extensions/electrolysis@mozilla.org In directory dm-cvs01:/tmp/cvs-serv3779/mobile_profile/extensions/electrolysis@mozilla.org Added Files: chrome.manifest install.rdf Log Message: bug 578343 (talos needs to be retrofitted for e10s) the new mobile_profile ...

How to detect the installed extension in Firefox without install any extension
I am not sure I post the question at a right place, Please kindly advice if I am wrong. I am trying to find a way that can find out all installed extension in Firefox. Is there any idea can reach this goal? Thank you. You can do that using the AddonManager.jsm JavaScript module, see https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/Add-on_Manager/AddonManager Here is how about:support retrieves and sorts the information: http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-release/source/toolkit/content/Troubleshoot.jsm#137 Archaeopteryx -------- Original-Nachricht -------- Betreff:...

Command Line commands
Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? I can't find them in the documentation or on the knowledgebase apart from ZENVER. Thanks in advance for any replies. Spamaddress@spam.com, > Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at > the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? > To control what? NAL? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officiall...

Command line commands
Within a PowerBuilder application, how do I create an association so that all files with no extension are opened with notepad? I am using InsertFile command. I know we can use the command line 'assoc' command but I don't know how to include it in PowerBuilder code. I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 Thanks Mangala You could probably do that with the run function. However, you should be careful because most directories don't have extensions. I don't know what kind of behavior that will cause. Mike ...

command line arguments for extension
Hello, I am writing an extension which stores information about mail transfer, stored files etc. in a RDF-repository to make it available for other applications. Now I want to start thunderbird with a messagID as command line argument so that my extension can show this message (afaik there is no built-in command line argument for that). My question now is, how can I access command line arguments in my extension? Thx for your help, David einStein wrote: > Hello, > > I am writing an extension which stores information about mail > transfer, stored files etc. in a...

extension from command line thunderbird

Web resources about - Command-line Extension Installer - netscape.mozilla.wishlist

Command-line interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... ), is a means of interacting with a computer program where the user (or client ) issues commands to the program in the form of successive lines ...

Command Line Magic (@climagic) on Twitter

‘Shell Shock’ command line vulnerability present in OS X, could be bigger than Heartbleed
... For more information about AAPL Company , OS X , and Mac continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "‘Shell Shock’ command line ...

Command-Line Testing
Explains how to incorporate and use Xcode testing features for development projects.

GUIs are for wimps: Amazon’s cloud unveils a command line
Command line for Amazon's cloud. Amazon A graphical user interface is no longer the only way for Amazon Web Services customers to control their ...

The Return Of The Command Line Interface
I learned to use computers in the era of the “command line interface”. It looked like this: I started using computers in the era of mainframes ...

NConvert an amazing command line-based image processor
In an increasingly touch-oriented world, the idea of using a command line utility to process images might seem, well, just a little old-fashioned. ...

Managing OpenStack security groups from the command line
... a particular OpenStack instance on port 443. I decided to inspect the security group it belongs (let's call it myapp) to from the command line: ...

Re-indexing Magento through the command line
From time to time, you might find the need to re-index Magento via the command line. This could be for a whole host of reasons, for example, ...

How to disable automatic log-in via the command line in OS X
While the use of system preferences is an easy option, this setting can be scripted for quick reversion either manually or by scheduling.