Only one component of a product has be stopped from editing bugs.

We have a common e-mail domain and all the users can edit or log new
bugs by default.
We have three products with few components in it, now we have to stop
people from logging new bugs or editing old one for a particular
component of a product.

Example:
Product p1 has three components c1,c2 and c3.
Now we have to stop the entire user from logging new bugs or editing
the old bugs in product p1 component c2 (Only for p1->c2).

But at the same time all the user must be able to log or edit bugs for
other components c1 and c3 in product p1.
We don't know how to group in this situation.

Please advice.

0
Vivek
12/23/2004 5:52:51 AM
netscape.mozilla.webtools 4144 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Thu, 22 Dec 2004, Vivek wrote:
> Product p1 has three components c1,c2 and c3.
> Now we have to stop the entire user from logging new bugs or editing
> the old bugs in product p1 component c2 (Only for p1->c2).
>
> But at the same time all the user must be able to log or edit bugs for
> other components c1 and c3 in product p1.
> We don't know how to group in this situation.

I don't believe this is possible with bugzilla in its current form.
Can't you tell the users "don't edit these" or something?  Closing all the
bugs in c2 would seem to be a natural thing to do which tends to
discourage editing.  If this isn't adequate can you explain the motivation
here with a few more specifics?

--
</chris>

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
0
Christopher

Web resources about - Only one component of a product has be stopped from editing bugs. - netscape.mozilla.webtools

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Japan follows US lead in banning certain Takata components
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Japan Like the US, Japan will ban certain Takata's airbag inflators from vehicles in development, and ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people

OLEDWorks finalizes acquisition of key parts of Philips OLED light source components business
OLEDWorks has announced that it has completed the acquisition of key OLED assets and relevant intellectual property from Royal Philips. Manufacturing ...

Teflon Component Tied to Kids' Weight Gain
PFOA, a main component of Teflon, has been linked to increased body fat and faster weight gain in children.