Support for Firefox & Thunderbird

Hi all,

Following the comments relating to the last MoFo staff meeting, I
thought I'd post. I realise I run a serious risk of being flamed here,
however...

I'd just like to offer a vote of thanks for the MoFo in managing to ship
the two excellent products that are Firefox and Thunderbird. IMHO they
are best of breed in their class.

I've been a Netscape user since I was at university back in 1997. At the
time it was way ahead of the opposition.

When I left (summer 2000), this was around the time of NS6 being
released & IE finally won round 1 of the wars. Enterprises and
institutions alike abandoned NS and switch to IE (myself included). Did
lots of people cry & moan? Possibly.

3� years on and I rediscovered my favourite browser: re-incarnated as
Mozilla, brimming with new functionality & features. Fantastic.

But the world changes and so too do corporations and organisations if
they have to survive and thrive.

I originally wanted a fully-featured browser and e-mail package that
worked well together. I got this with Mozilla. When TB & FF came out, at
first I was very reluctant to migrate, especially as the integrated
package worked so well. I was also a little sentimental. However having
now experienced both applications, I'm more than happy with them. Both
contain features that are not part of the existing Moz builds and the UI
is much more slick. There are one or two trade-offs (such as the sidebar
mechanism which isn't managed the same way in FF), but these aren't
enough to offset the benefits of rapid development and continued
functional improvements.

Now NS8 is being developed (browser only though).
Will I go back to that out of sentimentality for the past? No.
Will there be lots of cheering? Possibly.
Will the people that cried in despair at its last demise flock from
Mozilla (the suite) back to Netscape? Very unlikely.

I'm very happy with what I've got. And if the MoFo continue to push
products that are inventive and feature rich, then I'll continue to
pursue the cutting edge with them - whatever the application's name is.
--
JD.
Mozilla User?

My CUSTOM Mozilla Firefox & Mozilla Thunderbird
http://www.bigview.net/norvin/files/ Since the early release versions, I have made custom versions of both Mozilla Firefox & Mozilla Thunderbird. My CUSTOM version of Mozilla Firefox is meant for users who are making the switch from Microsoft Internet Explorer. My CUSTOM version of Mozilla Thunderbird is meant for users who are making the switch from Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, or another similar e-mail program. It has the Calendar Extension installed and many other enhancements the default release version of Mozilla Thunderbird doesn't have. The ...

Firefox/Thunderbird & Seamonkey
Can I have them all on the same computer with no problems? On 04/05/06 17:10, jmacdon wrote: > Can I have them all on the same computer with no problems? Yes. They store their data in different places. -- Matt Nordhoff (aka Peng on IRC & the forums) Matt Nordhoff wrote: > On 04/05/06 17:10, jmacdon wrote: >> Can I have them all on the same computer with no problems? > > Yes. They store their data in different places. But you must use different profiles for each. C A Upsdell > wrote: > Matt Nordhoff wrote: >> On 04/05/06 17:10, jmacd...

Mozilla, Firefox, & Thunderbird
I'm very confused by these three entities / concepts / programs / groups. When Firefox first came out, I kept hearing everyone talk about it as "Mozilla Firefox". In ...\username\Application Data, I find the following folders: Mozilla Thunderbird But I do not find a Firefox folder in the same location. Instead, I find that ...\username\Application Data\Mozilla contains a Firefox folder ... but no Thunderbird folder. On http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html (not sure how I wound up *there*), I find "Firefox" referred to as "a ...

Switching from SeaMonkey to Firefox & Thunderbird?
Greetings! As some of you may know from previous threads, my SM is unfortunately quite damaged. You offered me many suggestions; perhaps I was too stupid to use them correctly, perhaps they didn't work. I now wonder if I could switch to FF and TB. It seems I can import all my SeaMonkey stuff very easily? And I would still be a member of the family, so to speak. If there is anything I should be careful about when changing over, please let me know. There are so many knowledgeable and always helpful people here! Best wishes, Charley Charles Milton Ling wrote: >...

mozilla, firefox & thunderbird question
can firefox & thunderbird read directories & files set up by mozilla? what I'm trying to say, any problems if I set up firefox & thunderbird pointers to directories & profiles previously created by mozilla? Dilbert Firestorm wrote: > what I'm trying to say, any problems if I set up firefox & thunderbird > pointers to directories & profiles previously created by mozilla? If you use %MOZILLA_HOME% you can import Mozilla settings but you will still end up with three different profile directories. Sharing could probably done with some effort b...

Transition From Mozilla to Firefox & Thunderbird
Is there a set of instructions as to the easiest and most simple way to switch from Mozilla to Firefox and Thunderbird. I want to keep all my settings, preferences, extensions, junk controls, etc., as much as possible. Don wrote: > Is there a set of instructions as to the easiest and most simple way to > switch from Mozilla to Firefox and Thunderbird. I want to keep all my > settings, preferences, extensions, junk controls, etc., as much as > possible. Sure. 1. Download Firefox. 2. Install Firefox (it will ask if you want to import your settings from Mozilla)...

Mozilla Firefox & Thunderbird Update
Can an update check be manually forced in Firefox and/or Tbird? -- Thank you, Nameless "Nameless" <nobody_here@mail_.invalid> wrote in message news:e5n7aq$qfq$2@news.grc.com... > Can an update check be manually forced in Firefox and/or Tbird? > -- > Thank you, > Nameless In Firefox the 'Help' menu second from the bottom is check for updates. Don't know about Tbird. Main Identity writes: > "Nameless" <nobody_here@mail_.invalid> wrote in message > news:e5n7aq$qfq$2@news.grc.com... >> Can an update check...

Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download
Download Firefox Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download http://soft.topcities.com/Firefox.htm On 2006-11-28 20:04 (-0700 UTC), idownweb.com wrote: > Download Firefox > > Firefox,Mozilla Firefox,Firefox download,Mozilla Firefox download > > http://soft.topcities.com/Firefox.htm Mebbe it's just me, but isn't this kind of a silly place to spam with something like this? /b. -- 'There is caution, and there is irrational paranoia.' -- Ron Hunter Wow, now thats totally random. On 28 Nov 2006 19:04:38 -0800, ...

[Updated] Firefox & Seamonkey with Printing Support
Updated versions of these betas now available. They should resolve the printing failures many users are seeing with the first release. If you already have the original version, download just the update. If you haven't tried this beta, download the complete package which contains the update. Update only ----------- * Firefox - replace xul.* in your firefox directory with the new files ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/mozilla/firefox-20100906-xul.zip or http://e-vertise.com/warpzilla/firefox-20100906-xul.zip * Seamonkey - replace wdgtos2.* in the seamonkey 'c...

[New] Firefox & Seamonkey with Printing Support
Thanks to a generous sponsorship by Mensys, a project to implement printing in the Mozilla apps is under way. Phase I, which supports printing via CUPS and directly to Postscript printers is ready for its first beta test. Before trying these test versions of Firefox & Seamonkey, please read this entire announcement - it is the only 'readme' available. Support requests and discussion should be directed to the 'mozilla.dev.ports.os2' newsgroup on server 'news.mozilla.org'. Firefox v4.0b6pre is available from: ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/incoming/mozill...

Nepomuk-Mozilla (Semantilize Firefox&Thunderbird)
Hello Everyone, We are currently working on a project named Nepomuk-Mozilla. It's aimed at adding semantic features to Mozilla products like Firefox and Thunderbird. We have released a demo version two weeks ago. Due to the dependence of some functions in KDE4.1, I decided to write this mail to you all at this time that the KDE4.1 has just been released. Till now, all the components are all out of the beat version, Especially the firefox. So I hope some of you who has KDE4.1 and Firefox 3.* installed it on your computers can have a try with our extension and give us your sugg...

Nepomuk-Mozilla (Semantiliz Firefox&Thunderbird)
Hello Everyone, We are currently working on a project named Nepomuk-Mozilla. It's aimed at adding semantic features to Mozilla products like Firefox and Thunderbird. We have released a demo version two weeks ago. Due to the dependence of some functions in KDE4.1, I decided to write this mail to you all at this time that the KDE4.1 has just been released. Till now, all the components are all out of the beat version, Especially the firefox. So I hope some of you who has KDE4.1 and Firefox 3.* installed it on your computers can have a try with our extension and give us your sugg...

Firefox & Thunderbird Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey
Just wanted to ass along this info for those who use SM and want a FF/TB add-on that doesn't work on SM. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2834855 On 06/27/2014 04:42 PM, Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP) wrote: > Just wanted to ass along this info for those who use SM and want a > FF/TB add-on that doesn't work on SM. > > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2834855 > Thanks! I think it was already mentioned in another post on May 19th. -- Sponsored by Thunderbird 24.6.0 or 31.0b1 EQT Three Rivers Regatta - July 2-4,...

Nepomuk-Mozilla (Semantilize Firefox&Thunderbird)
Hello Everyone, We are currently working on a project named Nepomuk-Mozilla. It's aimed at adding semantic features to Mozilla products like Firefox and Thunderbird. We have released a demo version two weeks ago. Due to the dependence of some functions in KDE4.1, I decided to write this mail to you all at this time that the KDE4.1 has just been released. Till now, all the components are all out of the beat version, Especially the firefox. So I hope some of you who has KDE4.1 and Firefox 3.* installed it on your computers can have a try with our extension and give us your sugg...

Web resources about - Support for Firefox & Thunderbird - netscape.mozilla.seamonkey

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Thunderbirds Are Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thunderbirds Are Go is a 1966 British science-fiction film based on Thunderbirds , a 1960s television series starring marionette puppets and ...

Edit - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

F-16C Thunderbirds Formation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
USAF Thunderbirds at the 2008 Battle Creek Air Show

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Thunderbirds are go, puppets are gone
Human Thunderbirds? What does this mean, writes James Cockington. - The Age Online

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.